Serious talk

At what stage should you move your investments from high risk to a lower risk profile?

I personally have 40k in crypto which I consider to have a high risk profile (And I'm all in shitcoins so even higher risk).

When I make 200k I will move half to lower risk investments, such as putting up for a house deposit, and leave the remainder in crypto.

For me it's a case of the younger you are the less you have to lose, so higher risk portfolios are the best option if you want to make it.

If you're an oldfag and you risk it all and lose it all you have no chance of making that back in your lifetime and ruin your life.

What are your thoughts on this?

b b b bump

Does no one even think about risk profiles?

Basically said it right OP.

I'm in a similar situation right now with crypto. I have around 40k with my investments, but I feel very confident in them. Once I'm far into six figure territory (like around 200k as you suggested), I'm going to cash out around 50k, move half into ETH and the other half keeping it in higher risk shit.

What are your plans for the 50k?
A house deposit like myself? or just hoe and blow haha

Vacations, relax not worry about money for a while. Just fuckin enjoy it. It's to make the money feel real finally.

Haha fair call. I haven't enjoyed any of my gains yet. It still feels unreal to have earned so much in such a short space of time.
I might do the same as yourself except with a bit less money.. I desperately want a house haha

I want less risk in investments, so even though I'm young (23), I've tried to match my crypto investments to my IRA input. It's not much because I'm poor from a poor family, so I've been able to put about 4k into crypto (now worth 12) and about 5k into my IRA.

I cashed out 6k from crypto now to have secured some profit, but I might throw that right back in during these dips. I don't know.

I am never gonna "make it," I know, but I will live a better life than my parents and I will not risk so much that I have to worry about it. I live with enough stress already.

Sorry OP, I realize now I'm kinda no help to you. If I ever had the kind of money you have, though, I would go stocks before real estate. I don't trust land desu

Hey man everyone's opinion is valid, I just wanted a discussion haha.

Given your background I'm not surprised that you are being conservative, what you have made is a lot of money for you I'm guessing.

>I will not risk so much that I have to worry about it
That's pretty much perfect, you don't want to risk what you can't afford to lose. I think if you give it time you will make a comfortable living for yourself :)

Also in regards to the land, it's more so that I'm not paying shit tons of money in rent every week, it's literally dead money.

>home deposit
>low risk

Get a load of this faggot, he thinks 2008 is over with,

I used to tell myself this as well but now I'm at 200k I'm incredibly apathetic. I'm past caring about whether I lose it all. It's been a fun ride, and I've had some special times with crypto over the past year. So I've put my bets on three strong coins. The experimental value is worth more to me than any amount of realised gains.

kek, I just want to stop paying rent.

Have you spent any of it? Like for a mining rig or a holiday, car, etc?

I just worked a normal job for 6 years, saved $250,000 and bought a house.

Now my life is comfy and I never had to worry about volatile market fluctuations or any of that shit.

If I were you I'd cash out everything from the meme crypto market sooner rather than later. The technology is great and all, but the coins are worthless.

I'm not fussed if I lost everything I have in the market right now, my initial investment wasn't very large. Worst case scenario is I do exactly what you did.

Best case scenario is my high risk portfolio pays off and I have a house in 6-12 months.

22y Poorfag here. I'm putting very small amounts into high risk coins in hopes to turn that into a few thousand. The hope is to eventually get to a point of being able to pay for more college without debt. I don't see changing my life style much. Paying off my car and shit. I just want to pull out enough to have a modest monthly income and only work part time until i have a job i love.

If i got to 20k id probably move 7.5 into eth and 7.5 into btc. Put maybe 2 into a couple mid caps and gamble the rest on smalls. Repeating the process as time goes on.
Now if I ever hit big id probably see myself using it to relocate out of the country.

Buy property.

No. Worst case scenario is you lose it all, like you said. That is the same logic as people on game shows who started with nothing, win half a million then lose all but a thousand.. "oh well I came here with nothing lol" they say. fact is they lost half a million

Shut up nocoiner. He's going to lamboland. Enjoy your poverty house.

That's the plan stan.

I did a similar thing and got to where I am now. It's good to have goals set like that, just make sure you stick to them.
desu it seems as though the people with less money (such as in your situation) are more cautious and risk adverse in general (ie. this gu as well ). I guess you guys value what you have more so than myself.

Yeah, worst case scenario is I lose it all I agree. But given my age I can afford to take that risk to potentially set myself up for life. You have to risk it all when you're young if you want to be rich.

Anyway I'm still working and saving up in my bank account on the side, so in a few years I'll have enough to buy a house anyway.

Once you get to six digits territory from five digits just move half your stack to safe holds or fiat. Keep trading with the rest. Repeat until seven digits.
Hedge your investments
25% liquid assets
25% real state
25% business investments
25% crypto, stocks

Or go all in on hookers and blow

No need for that here, we are discussing what level of risk people take with their investment. His opinion is more than welcome.

DO THA MAF

>gun get me summa dat "real state"

I like where you're coming from. I honestly thought there would be a lot more risk takers in here given all the moon chasers and bullshit like that (or they're just not into real discussions like this one)

Could you explain what that is?

No... Honestly I don't really know what I'm doing

I would consider setting aside half of you gains as a down payment for a house, maybe put the money into what ever you think is safe while waiting to buy house.

Idk why u arnt in a low risk with like 30k and take 10k for high risk the low risk will ez go up more especially if its like a ripple or eth.

I have now 26K € on crypto. I kinda enjoy my job, spend very little and have no family. I'm considering never cashing out. This has been more fun than I had when I did things that normal humans are supposed to do like getting drunk and travelling. I don't know how to drive, I don't want a Lambo. Two weeks ago I bought a VR graphic card just because I felt I had money and I should be buying something for myself but I didn't know what. Then went to spend Christmas with my family and my brother gifted me the same VR graphic card. I haven't touched VR in months.

I am the same. Used to do normie shit like drugs, booze, party, gaming, women. Now I just sit and look at numbers on screens any time I am not forced to socially interact. I don't even day trade but I can't switch crypto off.

Tldr crypto gave me autism

Good luck to him and you.

t. Home owner

When will you all realize that crypto ARE low risk?
Why would I sell my portifolio if its them thats gonna rule the economy sooner or later?
My mindset right now consider a rich person based on how much crypto he have. Just like a HP bar hovering over their head, its a text: "x.xx bitcoins".
Today a man with 10> btcs can be considered rich at my land. As bitcoin grows, this number will gettin lower and lower, just like whats happenin on his entire history. Some years ago, a rich man should have 500> btcs, now its 10 and tomorrow is gonna be 1.
If you truly consider cashout your cryptos someday then you are just gambling and not gettin into it with your mind and heart.

On the bright side, those "VR ready" GPUs are really efficient mining cards. I make $25/day net with my 6x gtx 1070 tis. Obviously less than if I just bought the coins directly with the money I spent on GPUs, but it's a fun hobby.

Think about what you want to reinvest it in. With your amount of $$$ it's worth diversifying away from crypto IMO

I'll probably do that at 100k.I cant justify any less than what I have in my high risk high reward coins.

I worry I'll end up like this haha. That's why I'm setting myself a plan and sticking to it.

Thanks Mr. Homeowner. I hope to be like you one day, my path is just different to yours.

Still need fiat to buy a house/car/anything important currently. I'm also not willing to pay rent for 10-15 years waiting for crypto to catch up. So I will still cash out for a house.

Nothing wrong with ending like me

kek'd
I just don't want to be caught up so deep in crypto that I lose sight of my goals outside of it.

U will literally make it tho