Has a DM blatantly tried to force his politics on you in a game?

Has a DM blatantly tried to force his politics on you in a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEcDlD8Jz5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, people really only try to force their politics on me on Veeky Forums.

Fuck off daughter hater.

No. stop shitting up our board.

Fpbp.

I remember a WoD game I had where there was a transexual NPC who would actively kill Trump supporters. It was strange.

Didn't some new WoD game release where the physical manifestation of GamerGate was an actual villain?

As GM, I include my own sense of politics in the game.

Namely making deals with eldritch abominations to secure power is going to mean your vision for rule is going to quickly be corrupted as your compromised more and more with The Abomination substituting your thoughts and ideas with its own until you are nothing more than a husk of a puppet that dances to the waggles of it's undulating tendrils as you do the Old One's work to slowly unravel all of reality so all can be one in it's black dream.

I guess it's a little preachy and topical to sustain a campaign on though.

Fpbp

Can OP fuck off now pls?

No but I have a shit ton of asshole in Veeky Forums that can't shut up about them, much like OP.

Sounds like something they’d do.
One time my DM tried to get me to pay taxes to some ‘lord’ because he owned the land my castle was on. I took this as a threat to my sovereignty so I staged a coup.

I'm a genetic centrist in that I am one of those people who always thinks there's a silver lining so if there are politics in my game, both sides are going to have a point and both sides are going to have some needles that make them hard to completely grasp.

I had a GM abhorrently try to shove his anti-slavery rhetoric into my game. You buy a couple of slaves from a Duegar and suddenly your god starts getting pissy with you, the people in nearby villages start trying to "free" them, and the slaves keep trying to escape no matter how bad you punish them for it.

Ain't reasonable I tells yah.

OH THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD THREAD

Politics are just another tool to fuck with the player's heads.

Wahahahahahahaha, do you know whether it was ironic or not? Either way, yeah, strange

If it was WoD, it was not ironic.

>One time my DM tried to get me to pay taxes to some ‘lord’ because he owned the land my castle was on. I took this as a threat to my sovereignty so I staged a coup.

Proper response. Tax is illegal.

Joking aside, I do like to play with libertarian themes a lot in my games. I don't beat my players over the head with anything, but I do often throw in more than a couple
>implications
big government is obstructive.

I had to take a bit of step back though when I was making some pre-gen characters for a one-off and I realized I basically made one of them literal Tim McVeigh

Subquestion: Have you ever accidentally created a situation in your game which upon reflection seemed like a pretty obvious political allegory?

>WoD

I'm lost, what's that? World of Democrats?

It was a Beast: the Primordial supplement. That whole line is hot garbage though, so it's not like it's a huge loss.

You see this stuff everywhere, but I just don't understand the point of it. The people this is trying to appeal to would just get a mug or a t-shirt with a slogan on it, rather than waste their money on a supplement for a game they would never play in the first place. Has doing shit like this actually boosted sales for anyone? At all?

World of Darkness, basically a conglomerate of a tonne of TTRPGs like Werewolf, Vampire, Mummy etc. etc. Don't ask whether they share the same universe though.

I think my favorite part of this is even though they made an enemy who's every negative stereotype of the fat NEET internet troll asshole, they still couldn't resist making that enemy a woman of color.

I don't buy into identity politics bullshit on either end of the spectrum but damn if Beast isn't completely pathetic on every level.

My politics mostly match the DM's. He's worked in a few subtle nods to them that I appreciated, but that's it.

>GM is chicago lib
>meh whatever
>first town we come to he goes out of his way to let us knowhow diverse it is and how much better this town is then the town out in the hicks where they banished all white people too
>the few white people there are slaves / servants
>my character was a white human male
>might as well have been playing an orc with how the NPC's reacated to me
>so bad to the point where i opt to split from the party when they go into town and i hang around outside
>get attacked by other savage white men trying to steal my things
>decide fuck it and gather enough armor so all my skin is covered
>a few towns later we start meeting important political figures
>%50 are gay
>%50 are transgendered
>like 3 white people who are all gay and or trans

But that idiot cant screw over what i roll in the encounters and he cant make something so strong to kill me but not the entire party.

we all ended up getting tired of his magical realm.

If i ever run a group he is in im going to include horrible things like a free market. and a system where people are judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

>%50 are gay
No joke I had a GM who seemed to run his settings like this. But it was pretty obvious it was less because of a political agenda and more because he thought buttsex was funny.

>a system where people are judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

You evil bastard. To the gallows with ye.

>DM derails the plot to make us deal with an obvious Trump caricature after he got elected
>we don't even live in America

>horrible things like a free market

youtube.com/watch?v=LEcDlD8Jz5k

>Be American
>Be me
>Get sick and tired of people bitching about Trump
>Move to Australia for working holiday
>Find out all anyone wants to do is bitch about Trump

Suffering

>Live in Australia
>Every lefty complains about Drumpf
>None of them realise what he does has little to no impact on life here

It feels like everyone's locked into a global struggle now.

Behold the wonders of Globalism™!

>You have to free the slaves!
>No I don't. I do need someone to separate the wheat from the chaff though.

Only Anti commie meme's, but those barely count.

Yeah, my character stumbled into a political marriage with this chick who wants to be an adventurer and she got pregnant. I said okay fine I'll accept that burden, then the NPC starts bitching that it's gonna ruin her life to be a mother and all this shit and decides to abort it. The thing is the child is crucial to my vision for character development and I talked to GM about this in the past, it's incorporated into other plot points. So I try to persuade her to carry it to term so I can raise the child alone, and all the other NPCs are acting all outraged and throwing out words like psycho and bigot because it's her body and she shouldn't have to deal with 7 months of discomfort just because of my ego, and all this shit. I say okay fine maybe I can get a surrogate and a spellcaster to transplant the baby to some poor chick who I could pay or owe a favor to. The GM launches this spiel about how if I want to "create life were there is none" I'm going to have to take a life too, so someone completely random will be chosen to die if the baby is saved. I let the baby go, drop the whole thing, and say hey at least I tried.
Then I get this big "concerned" talk from the GM about how my character is changing alignment and I'm going to have to suffer consequences to my paladin class because I'm turning evil.
Seriously, what the fuck.
THEN next session I get a speech from another NPC about how this "free culture" (read: completely hedonistic idiot pagan fucktribe) is more in tune with the absolute truth of the Universe and so are it's people.

It's worse than politics. It's ideology, philosophy, religion. And this is a really old game we've been doing that got me through hard times before things changed.