Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time you got really disappointed by a bamboozle?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sleepwalking-suggestion
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower
youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Skull & Shackles one. It was so obvious in hindsight, but I was blinded by sharktits.

I'm in a new pathfinder group and none of us have ever played, including the DM. Half of us are in the room right now any advice?

Also I'm making a kobold gunslinger, and am having trouble. Anybody got fully finished kobold character sheets i can compare to?

I only ever got hit by Molthune, and wasn't even following the threads when the GM no-showed, only hearing about it months after the fact.

What are you having trouble with, user?

Just take the pistolero archetype and make sure your dexterity and wisdom are competitive.

It's hard to screw up a gunslinger.

Repostin from last thread: In short: Bronze Age game. Besides Gunslingers, what classes need to be banned or altered in some way?

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sleepwalking-suggestion

>Duration 24 hours

>A sleeping creature doesn’t get a save against this spell. The suggested activity must not cause the target to directly harm itself or others, but it doesn’t need to be reasonable.

>A creature affected by sleepwalking suggestion is unaware it has been programmed to act in its sleep (unless awoken because it was about to cause harm).

So how lewd can this get? Can you sneak into a paladin's bedroom every night and make her do lewd things, no save, without her remembering?

Iron Gods.

Not gonna lie, the saddest one for me was still the one-player-one-GM RotJR game

Was right?

Correct.

You can use that spell to continuously rape the Paladin, if you really want to. At least until they get Immunity to Compulsion.

Do you dread the prospect of death, of that uncrossable void which all mortals must cross? Do you shiver at the thought of all your sins laid out under the passive gaze of an uncaring goddess, your soul being sorted so casually into an eternity Pharasma deems appropriate to your actions? Do you rage at the unfair reality of being less even than a cog in a system you never asked to be part of?

Well, this here Soul Anchor is your way out! Nevermore will you have to fear what a self-righteous goddess of death has in store for you. Preserve not just your sense of self and individuality, but your freedom of action with this amazing magical item! The otherwise inexorable flow of the River of Souls will hold no sway over you with this anchor, which keeps the paralyzing tide of the River from drawing you along to the Boneyard. Experience the freedom to make your afterlife your own today!

Order now, and receive a free dose of Adyton with your purchase! That's right, 2,000 GPs worth of veil-piercing drug for free! Order now and tell Pharasma to stuff it!

This advertisement is paid for and sponsored by the Faithful of Mahathallah.

I'd suggest gurps.

Was the RotJR opening ever confirmed?

>Were literal shitposting memes ever confirmed.

user, please. It's been too long for you to still be falling for bamboozles.

I'm pretty sure lewd things would fall under direct harm, user.

You missed them

>
so im building a kobold gunslinger
and everyone is new in our group and we are having difficulty finding out what to roll for flatfooted all the ac, and touch

- The DM

>join lewdgame

>it's not lewd after all

Oh you!

Is there any way to play a large character? I'd love to play something similar to an Olog-hai from the Lord of the Rings series, but have yet to find a large races that fits with the whole "brutal warmonger tribe" deal. Have I simply missed it?

Good! Lewd shit is fucking insufferable and completely destroys all attempts to create an actual story!

Has anyone ever played a qt3.14 catgirl using one of the Bloodforge: Infusions subraces?

What if he didn't want story, though?

I mean if I sign up for story and there's fuckin', that's bullshit.

If someone signs up for fuckin' and they get story instead, isn't that also bullshit?

Making a paladin fall can be considered harm to herself, so be careful, because sex without consent is a chaotic act.

The last thing you want is to have her wake up and ready to smite your chaotic self righteous ass.

Mechanically yes, but no GM will let you do it.
Trox are a naturally large race

You can play the Awesome (TM) Brute Vigilante!

>because sex without consent is a chaotic act

[citation needed]

Currently recruiting games.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower

I guess I'm stuck trying to make an ogre work.

Thanks, I was 95% sure that it was fake, but this is pathfinder, so you never know with those 95's.

t. rapist

Is there a wiki that has the akashic stuff up?

Half-giants aren't Large, but they're close enough.

There are Lawful ways of raping someone.

But user, I CAN get consent (from a sleeping creature under a compulsion effect)
Its still counts as consent

>every deity that supports Rape is CE.

:thinking:

nope
>The suggested activity must not cause the target to directly harm itself or others

There's no way Zon-Kuthon doesn't support rape.

Enchantment is not consent.

You mean
>t. virgin

anons. I want to get into pf. What would you consider must owns for me to purchase?

He's a god of BDSM, which is pretty heavy on the whole consent and safeword thing.

A mind controlled person cannot consent.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8

It's hokey, but it's very much in line with your idiocy.

Why can't I have both

Would you allow the use of a Fabricate spell to create expensive gemstones out of lesser gemstones for spell components? For example, casting Fabricate on ten diamonds worth 2,500 GP each to make one diamond worth 25,000 GP for a Wish spell, or five onyx stones worth 50 GP each to make one onyx gemstone worth 250 GP for using Animate Dead to create a 10 HD zombie?

What about substituting appropriate elemental (periodic elements) ingredients, like 25,000 GP worth of carbon you somehow acquired for the previously mentioned diamond?

Do you think this kind of thing was an intended purpose of the spell when it was made back in Ye Olde D&D Times?

If I was the kind of DM who did lewd games I think I'd say look, don't touch, so a masturbation show at best.

Because you're violating the NAP.

No, it's because if you are forcing someone to do something they do not want to, it's not lawful. Even a lawful evil person would agree it's not lawful. A lawful evil person would force them to consent, which is lawful, but also, evil.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin

>A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

>Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten innocents.

Paladins don't fall just for doing chaotic acts.

Go and Sleepwalking Suggestion your local level 16 paladin.

Fabricate

>Components V, S, M (the original material, which costs the same amount as the raw materials required to craft the item to be created)
>You must make an appropriate Craft check to fabricate articles requiring a high degree of craftsmanship.
So, certainly, you could do that - if you think you can make the roll needed to create a gemstone worth 25,000. Onyx is a little easier.

>punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
If you're sleep raping someone that's causing harm to an innocent, user.

And it is rape, because sleeping people can't consent.

>No, it's because if you are forcing someone to do something they do not want to, it's not lawful.
>A lawful evil person would force them to consent, which is lawful,
No, user. Forcing people to do shit they don't want to to is Lawful. It might not be the core of being Lawful, but it's pretty damn close. Consenting doesn't automatically mean they want to do something. That's kind of were the concept of coercion comes in.

Rape is evil. How it's done determines where it falls on the Law-Chaos axis.
>Spontaneous, back alley assault is CE
>Date rape, rookie, "opportunistic" rape is NE
>Marital Rape or otherwise coercing people into sex when they don't want it is LE.

All this post makes me think of is that it's really dumb that certain configurations of a gem's crystalline structure are somehow more magically valuable than others of the same variety of gem than others.

Like, outside of a couple of examples gems don't even have as much magical potential in 3.p as a LOT of other systems and fictions, and the ones that do aren't rechargeable or are just destroyed upon use. How dumb is that?

I'd allow it, but there's no reason for it because I'd just let players use the 10 diamonds or 5 onyxes anyway.

I imagine a level 16 paladin probably doesn't even need to sleep and if he does, their living arrangements probably won't allow for random fucking wizards to just waltz into their bedroom no questions asked.

>Would you allow the use of a Fabricate
No.

But YOU'RE the one doing it TO a paladin.

The paladin isn't the one doing it. Checkmate.

When was the last time your character wore a bunnysuit and why?

By getting their "consent" in their sleep, you're harming them, ergo they get a save against it.

Fuck off and die already, shitposter.

You're not harming them if they can't fall because of it.

You're feeding him by posting in this thread he rushed to make.

No the intent of the spell as it clearly states that sleeping targets do not give saves.

It clearly states they wake up.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock

So Gallows was a bamboozle after all?

Why didn't we see this coming? Why did we all flock to this "meme game"?

Only if you do them harm.

Some people might argue that it's impossible to do because there's no craft skill you could use to fuse smaller gems into bigger, more valuable ones. I've seen other people suggest that you can do it without a craft check, exactly because there is no craft skill for it.

If you do need a craft check, I think Craft: Jewelry would be most sensible.

It bugs me a little bit too, but only because it suggests the difference between these crystalline structures as far as magic is concerned comes from the value people place on them (IE a diamond worth 25K works for Wish but a 10K diamond doesn't, even if the more valuable diamond is smaller, but only because for whatever reason it's worth more on the market). And THAT only bugs me because it opens up a bunch of really obnoxious rules- and economy-questions like whether mass-creating diamonds for spells like this should increase supply and therefore devalue the diamonds and then make them ineligible for use with the spell or if you go shopping for 5K of expensive material components and get a 500 GP discount because the shopkeeper owes you for having saved his daughter, whether or not your components no longer function for their spell because you got them at a discount price.

IMO the answer to both of those questions is a solid "no" in my mind, but I'm just bringing up common examples of why this whole "expensive material components worth X amount" makes no sense if you try to think about it as anything more than fluff fitted to an abstract game mechanic.

That's also a reasonable stance, but I've played under DMs who use expensive material components not just as a cash barrier for spells but a barrier by acquisition. As in, "No you can't cast Wish because you can't find any 25K GP diamonds for sale."

I think there's a whole 'nother discussion to be had about whether that's the better way to handle it, but it's not the way I handle it when I DM.

lewd memes

Which you are. You might be able to get away with ordering them to do lewd poses but that's as far as it goes.

Yes, a lion catfolk.

Just recently, for an occult ritual to enter the mindscape of an NPC who fell deathly ill after taking tainted gender-swap drugs.

I really liked the idea of being in a giant prison complex and exploring it. I thought it would be a huge dungeon with mysteries to uncover and villains to fell.

I decided to build out benchmark levels for the shifter. I started at level 8 because why not.

If every attack hits, I'm looking at 6d6+96 damage. Is that respectable for a level 8? Each attack based off of claws is 1d6+18, and bites and stings are 1d6+10 with an attack bonus of +11. If it helps, the character has 72 hp, an AC of 23, a CMD of 24 and saves of 7, 10, 7.

I built it using Deinonychus shifter aspect, weapon finesse, shifter's edge, shifter's edge, piranha strike and mutated wild shape to get a sting attack.

For race, I chose Skinwalker and put my stats with beast form II (+2 strength) in play and +2 headband of wisdom and a +2 belt of dexterity are 15, 18, 12, 8, 21, 8. The character also has amulet of mighty fists +2 and Bestial Rags (Frog).

Depends on how you define "harm."

It's not like you're dealing any damage.

To be honest, I wanted to see where it would go.

No, you are.

How qt3.14 was your lion? Your bunnysuit girl?

>And it is rape, because sleeping people can't consent.

Objection! To satisfy the actus reus requirement of a crime, the accused must be acting voluntarily. Under the common law, one cannot be acting voluntarily while unconscious, and therefore cannot satisfy the actus reus element. See State v. Caddell, 215 S.E.2d 348, 360 (N.C. 1975). Therefore, a sleep-rapist cannot be found guilty of rape!

>Why did we all flock to this "meme game"?
We didn't all, it's just a few people getting super hyped while no one else cares.

I'm not surprised at all.

We see shit like Charm Person do way more destructive shit in the plots of Paizo APs.

I would personally kick someone demanding a NPC to rape someone, but if I had to play it out I would say that the spell works up until the other victim begins to resist.

It had 20-odd applicants to all the others that had about ten at most. Admittedly a chunk of those were randos, but it was still significantly more popular.

Saw 'em coming a mile away. Not a single one disappointed.

It's not a boozle if the person shuts it down. It's a boozle if the person keeps apps going without telling anyone the gameisn't happening, or selects apps and then ghosts.

Gems take a lot of effort, skill, and willpower to craft user. Those rings and neclaces you see in the stores? you're paying a pittance on the stones. You seriously are - A jeweler can buy a basic cut stone for $50-$200 easily.

But making jeweler is time consuming, painstaking, difficult work. And cutting a gemstone and polishing it takes days, sometimes weeks, and exotic materials as well as precision tools. Gem-cutting is as much magic as learning and casting spells. The rewards are beauty and wealth.

Gems are magically valuable because of how they're made and treated.

This entire debate is deeply moot.

>"Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing."

Rape away!

Really my biggest problem is that there's no explanations for how things work because Paizo wants as many things as possible lore-wise to be open to interpretation even though anything some nerd dislikes can just be houseruled as something else.

WHY are certain gems components for certain spells? Why do they have to be of a certain value for the spell to work? Is it similar to how circuits work in that the more pure the crystalline structure is the better it is at transmuting the magic? If that's the case then using any number of spells capable of reshaping material should be able to make gems with immeasurable value. Is the price difference simply the number of gems required? Because if so then that makes no sense either, as gems can vary in price wildly based on things that WE consider more valuable than others that have no basis in objective reality other than human preference. Is the value of gems in Pathfinder based entirely around magical capabilities? This is the only thing I can think of that would make any sense, but even then that means that there would be very little incentive for anyone to bother using them to make anything but the smallest of jewelry as far as I can see, given that some spells are so expensive you'd need an entire mine just to fund one high level wizard.

It's all super shallow and nobody has any answers past the initial question.

My two cents: Fabricate is a completely fine and not broken spell IF you houserule it to require raw materials with a value equal to the final product's value. No turning a profit off the spell, but you can use it to make items out of raw materials faster than normal or when you don't have the means to make the final product through mundane methods. If you don't houserule it like that (or don't have a gentlemen's agreement not to pull gamebreaking shenanigans), it's a stupid economy-wrecking spell that should never be allowed for PCs to use. Seeing as I would rather have it exist in my games than not exist, I opt to houserule it instead of banning it.

Too bad it's not the sleeper doing the rape in this case. Objection denied.

Wait do unconscious creatures get saves vs stuff like dominate person? Not even asking for magical realm shit.

Because Arcane magic is terrible and inconsistent as fuck.

Yeah.

Except it is, unless I'm misunderstanding the scenario.
>Wizard casts spell on Sleeper, commanding him to rape someone else
>Sleeper acts on command

They're the same character, and reasonably cute I guess.

IRL group? Dice. A printer for sheets. Net group? Not a goddamn thing.

She needs bigger boobs, flat miqo'te catgirls are boring.

Stop fucking replying to yourself you insane faggot.

IRL, sure. Too bad everybody online are idiots that just want to be collared immediately with no trust earned. I had a PC say something to the effect of, "You can make me so whatever you want because you own me now, right?" And the NPC then had to explain hard and soft limits, to the player's shock. Fucking casuals, I swear. And no, it wasn't that they just wanted a fantasy without that stuff. They legit didn't know what any of it was.

Nothing that does harm to them. Sorry, buddy.

The cop-out answer would be saying it's just shallow fluff meant to justify a game mechanic of some spells costing money to avoid being spammable. You could just as easily replace all expensive components with gold coins vaporized out of with caster's coin purse or their treasure chest back home, and have the fluff be slightly less questionable because at least this way it's consistent (spells always run off gold and the amount is measured by mass, which is fixed in relation to value in Pathfinder).

But a lot of spells with expensive components are carried over from D&D, and are often "classic" spells ala Wish, Stoneskin, Fabricate. Back then, those spells costed EXP rather than money, didn't they? Because that's how the game worked, as I understand. Paizo did away with spending EXP as a whole but couldn't leave those spells without any kind of cost. So they cost money instead, and everything else about expensive components is just fluff.

In the end, the cause comes down to gameplay and story segregation. They needed a mechanic to fit a niche and lore-be-damned they made a mechanic to fit the niche. It would have been better if they'd given more consideration to how their mechanic would make sense in the world, but this is Paizo we're talking about... Although to be fair, I wouldn't want to deal with the mess that tracking fluctuating market prices on expensive components would be.

Maybe replacing all expensive components with "mage dust" or some other made up material that serves no other purpose expect powering these spells would have been best.

>arcane magic
>not just magic

Come on now, don't play favorites. Divine and psychic magic aren't exempt.

Yes.

An unconscious creature is considered willing for spells and effects that target willing creatures. For example, Teleport targets a willing creature. If one of your friends falls unconscious, you don't need to worry about them making their will save to avoid being teleported with you, because they count as willing while unconscious. It does mean that an unconscious creature can be teleported by an enemy, but most GMs are that big of an asshole.

Most spells, such as Dominate Person, do not target a willing creature and as such the creature can make a will save, unconscious or not.