bloodbowl.com/
thenaf.net/
fumbbl.com/
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=1018970
member.thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=statistics
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/blood_bowl/teams_of_legend_en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ripper Bolgrot

How are humans meant to beat Orcs consistently?

they're not

Bump

Dead

Are humans actually playable on the table? I hear that they are underpowered. I am new to this.

They are and are decent at the start as underpowered. Its only later where they fall off heavily. Your based starting team is 4 blitzers, a thrower, ogre, 5 linemen and 3 Rerolls.

By limiting the rosters to only 2 bobs and 2 blitzers. A real orc v human match heavily favors orcs at most TVs

What should humans do in the 4 BoB and 4 blitzers orc roster?

Blood bowl was never intended to have balance between teams.

pray

Tragic that.

How do one of these guys fail GFI and damage their backs? WHY?!

The never chosen.

Guy, my LGS is selling the Blood Bowl 2-player box for 50% GW price. Should I get it? I have no idea if there is any BB league in my area but I really like the models also I already have all hobby related stuff like paints, brushes etc to paint them. Is it okay as a 2 players or 3 if I talk my other friend to buy a team game?

Yeah it can work fine with 3, so long as your third and second friend don't mind swapping the same set of minis for your gaming days. Ideally speaking it would be best if you get a fourth so two sets of two could play one another in the background but easy if you play one of your friends one day and the other another.

My friend really likes dwarves (LotR and DnD) so he would just buy a Dwarf Giants box I guess

Yeah that works fine. Plus Dwarfs are a solid team for a beginner. Its a fun game but keep in mind its both super fun and can be super frustrating.

>its both super fun and can be super frustrating
Apparently it's true for all GW games I ever played

Mongrel Horde, y/n?

Go for it.

Yeah but its very fun and compared to other GW games, transport is pretty comfy by comparison.

No other comments on the Horde? I won't be a dick for taking 3 big guys will I?

God no. The only teams which are really considered disliked are Dwarfs and Lizardmen and that's not so bad when you know how to fight them.

Mongrel Horde/Chaos Renegades are seen just fine. Hell 3 Big Guys is pretty fun.

You're not forced to take all three anyways, most Renegades/Pact teams start with just two and rarely hire all three in the end.

Just a question of which combination: Ogre/Troll, Ogre/Mino, or Troll/Mino. The first two are the most popular, Ogres are very reliable big guys.

Reading through forums and here, it looks like the minotaur isn't very popular for Chaos teams at the start. I have a developed Chaos team now floating about 1600 TV. Is a Minotaur worth investing in at this point or should I just stick to my roster as is?

Bump

Do you think your team needs to jump 150 TV without having anything to show for it?

Bump

Wild animal big guys are better at low TV, since eventually you'll have players who hit better so their general usefullness drops off. Your wild animal will shit the bed if you want it to just move from then. The only svaing grace for the mino is it can have tentacles so players have a harder time dodging away from it and you only have a 1/6 chance of suffering autism than the 50% for moving.

Thought the extra muscle would be helpful. The 4 Warriors I got aren't lasting as long as I think they should so I thought adding a bit more muscle would help even as a bit of extra meat to get in the way.

Of the three stunty teams, which one scales the best as they or the enemy teams become more developed? Halflings and Gobbos are likely to get their stars and a few skills here and there while Ogres TV will actually go up very high as they skill.

But which of the three tends to do best later and who the worst?

Does depend on who you're playing, a lot of newish coaches will overcommit to big guys just so they can get a 2 dice block so they can take pressure of the rest of your team but again, with wild animal most of the time you'll have to blitz with it and with loner, a shitty dice roll can stop your drive.

3d Blitzes sound fun though.

Goblins, I suppose? Secret weapons can get really good with some lucky skill rolls.

You should be counting Underworld as a stunty team though, in which case the answer is Underworld.

Underworld is more a low tier than bottom/stunty tier though. They were made for those who wanted a more functional stunty team (higher win % than 33%) but still on the lower end with Vamps and Nurgle, so I stuck to the standard 3.

Let's say I'm gonna grab this 2-player set and my friend will buy Dwarf Giants to start our tiny league. Do we need anything more? What about teams expanding - how many games can we play before we need to buy more models?

Technically you can make do fine with what you get in the box. The only hiccup is that, Orcs and Humans can have up to 4 Black Orcs/Blitzers (Orc) and 4 Blitzers (human) where the starter box set starts off with just two of each respectively.

The only other piece you actually *need* (not actually but its very handy) though is Death Zone season 1 supplimentary book which has the League rules and skill up rules. That said you can make do with the free LRB6 rules on google, but DZ1 is a pretty fun read and a good book to have on hand.

Have fun user!

>That said you can make do with the free LRB6 rules on google, but DZ1 is a pretty fun read and a good book to have on hand
I see it's downloadable from mega but If the game turns out to be enjoyable I will surely buy the paperback version and also all these cards and stuff. I like to collect accessories but first things first I guess

If you can get DZ1 for free more power to you. Keep us updated.

I've seen my fair share of 3 skull blocks too.

Red Fang Rockets vs. Kronigsson Co. Kriegsherrs

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=1018970

Sadly so have I.

I'm quite interested in playing BB but I would rather model or convert a team by myself than buy a pre-con one. Can I run a legal and viable WE team of dryads? I alwayes wanted to paint these models but never had a chance to start an army of them

How are Vampires as a team? Been looking at them in Teams of Legend and they look great.

Quite easily yes. Just make sure you either have a particular colour scheme to distinguish the wardancers, catchers and linemen.

BB is insanely open to proxies and other minis so long as you can distinguish who is who clearly.

Imagine the team gets six star players and the rest in journeymen. You need to have your whole turn planned before moving first player, anything you do that actually matters has 1 in 6 chance to fuck up, and your rerolls are among the most expensive.

>six star players

Sounds good to me!

That's great. There are so many models I want to buy and paint but there was no point in buying them for wargaming. At least I will have few teams to play with

Yeah, its handy like that with BB. Even in tournaments using 3rd party minis among the community you're pretty good to go. Show us your Dryad Wood Elves once you're done.

Friendly reminder that Blood Bowl 2 is on sale on Steam right now.
Regular game is like 10 bucks, LE is 25% off.

Bump

Whats the worst stadium to play on? I really dont like Astrogranite

I dont like the Badland one personally.

>member.thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=statistics
>Goblins officially have lowest win %

Poor chaps

Are Vampires worth investing in though in a short league?

>Halflings actually win one-third of their games (ignoring draws)
How?

Probably get the chef every game. Stealing Re-rolls is a huge plus.

This user here. I tried Vampires on FUMBBL and my team ended up eating itself, injuring 3 of my own players. I had 5 vampires and 3 re-rolls to start with.

Also I lost. Any help?

>taking more than 4 vampires in your TV1000 roster

>go vampires in FUMBBL
>first game vs humies
>vampires literally acting like starving villagers during the plague
>injure THREE (3) of my humies and knock out a fourth
>lose horribly as I lose my food
>second game vs Orcs
>vampires going full Cannibal Orgy mode
>depitch FIVE (5) of my own players by end of first half
>run out of food
>vampires still hungry
>lose
>mfw

Same guy HELP PLEASE!

As a person who loves vamps, you MUST remember that any time you have 5 vampires on the pitch, if you try to use them all, most turns you should expect a blood thirst fail.

Sometimes you should just let your vampire leave the pitch, accept the turnover. If it is highly likely you can't stop them scoring, or will score anyway, don't bite a thrall 0 just let the vampire leave the pitch for a rest.

I never like to have more than 4 vampires on the pitch at a time.

Either start with 2 vamps (best lineup not to totally suck cock with but not that good at winning) or 3 vamps

And I thought managing five stupid Ogres was bad but this is on entirely new dimension. At least my Ogres don't murder my own players. It hurts ;_;

Start your team with 3 vamps.

Either 4 rerolls, 3 vamps, 9 thralls
or 3 rerolls, 3 vamps, 11 thralls

DO NOT PICK UP A 4TH VAMP UNTIL AT LEAST 2 VAMPS HAVE PRO. FIRST DOUBLES ON A THRALL IS FOR LEADER

Either 5 rerolls 2 vamps 10 thralls or 4 rerolls 2 vamps 12 thralls until you learn how to deal with blood lust and not suck total cock

Once you can do that, use

>2 vamps

Seems a bit underpowered no? That said I thought 5 would make me pretty much a god on the field with blorcs with the speed of elves. So much for good stats.

I will give it a try if the next few games go down the toilet. I'm going to hold on to hope but I will try to activate less vamps depending on the turn.

>first victory

YEEEESSSSSSSS

Bump

grats

I currently have 5 Vampires and 4 RR. Should I get my 6th Vampire asap or fill my bench with thralls?

How many of you play the physical game? Do you have any official league or just pushing minis around the board with friends?

It's the only version of the game I play currently. I know that it is less than ideal especially as we are just using the GW rules (I really fucking wish that I could play Halflings), but I do like painting and playing with actual miniatures.

Adding to that we have an actual league with like 8 dudes, so it is nice. Seeing how some people model the teams is half the fun. One dude's Dark Eldar team is made up out of Tyranid models that he converted.

>Dark Eldar team is made up out of Tyranid models
Please take a pic of them - I'm truly curious about them

I will get to that and post the pic next time I play him.

>Update
take 3 treemen and halfling chef

grind with treemen

Ya I do. Good bunch and a small league. Crazy bash this season. Undead, Orcs, Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Chaos and some humies. Then I got gobbos. Thanks to Nuffle I did decent and got a shot at the play offs. Hoping to qualify for the play offs. Will be starting 3rd of December.

Yeah, we have a league with 20 people. I played lizards for 2 seasons and I'm switching to Necros for s3.

Why don't you just use GW's halfling rules? I dont understand.

>I know that it is less than ideal especially as we are just using the GW rules (I really fucking wish that I could play Halflings),

wHAT are you talking about, GW has rules for halflings

>that old shit pitch

>those old shit lizardmen

>0 conversions

>big guy is a terminator

you're fucking joking right?

why not play with cardboard standees, at least they'd look better than his 20 year old unpainted models

Are there any useful BB apps? I'm a sucker for digital support in traditional games

They were a WIP I believe. Was interesting fighting a termy in bb though. As for the old pitch its the one we had at the time no biggy. Minis still fitted luckily. My gobbos got the upperhand if thats any consolation.

Currently trying to get a league started. Also building a loaner team to get new people in.

I think a more funny and accessible way to introduce new peeps for both of you would be maybe go one of the fun teams. Like the Vampires. It can be pretty funny for both to watch the Vampires tear apart their own team. Or go a stunty team.

You mad man, what are you on about?

As said, they GOT the team rules, just not the minis.

Check out this link :

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/blood_bowl/teams_of_legend_en.pdf

In fact just google Blood Bowl Teams of Legend. First link.

do

>elves

I mean, they look great but we knew about them months in advance. Nice to see them publically released now at least.

How DO Pro Elves compare to other Elves? What's their edge?

WD free card

Read the almanac book

Oh, so Blood Bowl is still supported properly? I came here to ask why should I choose Blood Bowl over Shadespire because I was worried about no new stuff and releases for BB

Yes it is. Next year GW plan to have regular releases compared to previous as they weren't expecting it to be such a smash hit.

The game has only be out a year now. They've been steady with releases thus far.

Big rigs

Oh yeah I know but there was a board meeting. The initial release they were planning bi-annual releases. Now we will be seeing quarterly releases, so hopefully DZ3 in the near future.

You do know that they released Deathzone Books 1 and 2 right?

thralls

Looks rough.

heh, reminds me of something I did nearly 2 decades ago.
I was visiting a tabletop gaming convention and there was this one kid who played space marine (wh epic 40k).
he had like a dozen warlord titans and 2 imperator titans together with a very large and nice army. after his game was over he packed everything into his aluminium case.
I waited for the perfect moment and took it from under the table while he was distracted then I walked outside, put it into the trunk of my car and walked back in to watch his reaction.
he was maybe 12-13 years old but cried like a small baby while searching for his miniatures. I was trying to hold back my laughter all the time.
I sold the army to a friend and he still plays with it, not knowing that some child suffered for his new army.
ah the memories...

How are some of the players in this game even hurtable? Black Orcs can look like this yet this guy can be injured?

Bit crazy.