What would an rpg in age of Sigmar be like

What would an rpg in age of Sigmar be like

What would quests/npcs/pc’S/the world be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Realm_of_Ghyran
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well it's officially happening, so wait and find out.

I'm curious how it will work given how undefined the setting is.

We don't even have maps of the overall setting or any idea of how the realms connect relative to each other (I mean physically; realmgates aside)

The setting definitely has some definition, however it's just spread out allover so many books and resources that it's easy to see upon first glance that it's all just some nebula of weird crazy ideas.

I look forward to the RPG as well to give us a centralized book and some more coherency for reference, without losing the freedom players have to put in their own nations, lands, histories, etc, which i think is one of the strengths of AoS.

Isn’t there already Silvertower?

i must not have heard of whatever it is your talking about, fill me in? it dosent seem like a good setting for an rpg, atleast from what i know of AoS.

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/

This is literally all we know about it. But as I said , it has much potential for an RPG because it can give GMs a lot of freedom, and there is plenty of material for it, but it's scattered all over, and something like this would be useful for bringing it together in a more tangible book. What doesn't do AoS any favors is there really is no core rulebook giving the basics of the setting, like what whfb had, or what 40k has. Again it's there, just spread out over so many books and resources.

Why not just play WOW?

>give us a centralized book and some more coherency for reference
While I understand the point of keeping books as small as they are for AoS, and skipping out on big tomes of rules, the lack of the 'centralized pillar of lore' is really my main gripe about it. Definitely looking forward to an rpg book for it - I'm hoping there are enough rules for lower-powered types that I can basically use it for planescape-style shenanigans.

I dunno, maybe pen-and-paper games have significant differences to vidya.

>the lack of the 'centralized pillar of lore' is really my main gripe about it.
I definitely consider myself an AoS fanboy, both the game and the setting, and I agree with this. The whole thing could be presented better, especially for a ton of new players coming in asking where to begin on the lore. In whfb days everyone knew the answer to that, the core rulebook. Their questions would go to where can i learn more. Here it's a big question of where to start, and it's not entirely clear. If I could recommend one book for AoS, is it's a core rulebook.

Maybe when 2nd Edition happens (and I have a feeling it will, eventually, though it may be a while.)
In the meantime? An rpg book serving the same purpose would be just fine.
Though honestly, I'd pay good money for a book that's exclusively art/lore.

So you can just take any heros, band them together, and just have them fight bad guys on any world/plane of magic because there's no set world?

>the dreaded aos "no lore" meme strikes again
there is a set world, kind of, but the realms still offer a lot of freedom. There is actually a fair amount of AoS lore, but it isn't in the 4 page rules.

I agree. A 2nd edition would be good. They can keep the 4 pages of rules, just release them for free AND a core rulebook, like what 40k has.

No there's no set singular world, but that has never stopped any RPG ever.

I don't know about Silvertower but I had a fun week-end playing Shadows on Hammeral with friends. But the stormcast hero aside, the game could have been set in the Old world

Or any other setting, it's a dungeon crawler with evil baddies and random good guys.

The lore is scattered in the stupidly expensive Realmgate campaign books and through battletomes. I love the game, but man is it hard to get into the background of it due to that.

They actually said in their original comments that they wanted to make it fall-out like, with you being a band of survivors of the age of myth.

Any MOBA.

Go check the Lexicanum.

It's slowly being updated with all the info.

Here is the article on Ghyran.
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Realm_of_Ghyran

It's nice the fans are doing this, but the game should have a centralized source that's handled by the company, not the fans. 40k has it, AoS should have it too.

It was a mistake of how the launch was handled; I'm sure they'll correct for it eventually.
For now, I'm just glad the lexicanum people finally got off their asses. Competent work is the tradeoff for their glacial pace.

Why not just play Chess? Checkmate, mate.

there is also a lot of lore in the BL novels. About a year ago they gave a 195 page novel out for free for a limited time, but I think they would have done well to make it permanently free and included with the rules download

well the DM would have to a a LOT of the work since the world is bareley fleshed out.

THe one good thing i see coming from this is more obscure races like Lizardmen and Tomb kings beeing player characters rather than just humans and the occasional odd dwarf

Have you read the thread? The game is pretty fleshed out, it's just spread out allover and not in a centralized book that a new player would need, unfortunately. This is why us AoS fans are looking forward to the one coming out.

>Tomb kings beeing player characters
Ouch, don't count on it.

> finally got off their asses
More like invited some new people in.

It'd be dull shit user, like its source material

Probably some planescape-like stuff.

We are not talking about dung-gathering simulator the rpg here.