media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove (yes, Xanathar PDF included)
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/;
How do you prefer your character ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com
orcpub2.com/dnd/5e/my-content
mediafire.com/file/kvlzb4z54p6pc3d/Orcpub.rar
orcpub2.com/pages/dnd/5e/characters/17592228871455
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for warlocks should be a background and not a class.

Second for wizard should be a background and not a class. Everyone can study.

>:
First for X should be a background and not a class.

Fourth for classes shouldn't fucking exist and the system should be skill based.

>How do you prefer your character ending?
>ending
lol

Walking into the sunset is boring, the next character I play that reaches the end of the campaign is going to get executed for crimes.

My character is a mystic. Only three more levels until he becomes an immortal psychic Jesus.

Level 20 Eldritch knight should be able to teleport as an Action surge>action>bonus action>movement>allow another ally to teleport. Subclass feature should all be unlock and build upon as you level up to your sub class feature to encourage people to stick to it, ie champion 4 attack crit with +15 hit and necromancy wizard control four -12 Int undead ez. House rule the game! Aejgshehdbehebdhebnsnsenksuebebhdgdjsjs sbs
Rhhsgegehsgshshgs
Arcane Charge

5e as a whole is balanced around your character rarely doing cool shit in or out of combat. It's especially bad if you play a martial.

Frankly speaking I think the game should be balanced in such a way that if you ever take a basic attack action and you aren't playing a champion fighter, you're either retarded or at the end of a multisession marathon of encounters.

Usually killing them in front of my players since I am the DM

As a background figure in the world. Either a mysterious "this guy may or may not be out there somewhere", or as a king or similar figure, who controls a kingdom/large forest/whatever.

Con already gives you more max HP and more normal HP. That's double the value it normally has. Don't also make it good for resisting bleeding, just make it..
I'd say 'make a death save. If you fail, you take [your level] in damage. If you succeed, nothing happens. Critical success prevents further bleeding. Critical failure deals double your level in damage.'

Fit well with undead max hp drain too.

Either talk about DnD, or shitpost somewhere if you don't wana play DnD.

That would be cool.

welcome to d100 :P

Thinking about a Dragon Sorcerer dip on my EK Fighter for some more casting and the 13+DEX Armour. Thoughts?

How about the second part where my level 15 feature is just a shitty 30 ft teleport that other class can get earlier and is better than it.

Do it for elemental dragon knight.

You're an Eldritch Knight, just wear Heavy Armor for an instant 18AC. Sources of AC don't stack, so you're getting nothing from Draconic Resilience that you couldn't already get with the Mage Armor spell or a +1 set of Light Armor. Nothing from Sorc is worth delaying your Fighter progression over.

Can anyone explain something in the Matt Mercer Lingering Spirit for me? I really like it, but one thing I don't really understand.

Poltergeist gets loads of proficiencies in melee weapons, but the ghosts can't carry objects, including weapons.

>How do these proficiencies apply?
>How do spirits make regular attacks, or is it only possible through their class abilities?
>In which case, why does poltergeist get proficiencies in melee weapons it can't use (even when throwing them)?

Shit, I just reread the Poltergeist and saw the proficiency change. Scrub that. But the second question still applies.

While I agree with you, it does raise the question. When does it stop being D&D?

When it doesn't have the name dnd.

The only thing of value dnd has is the brand that makes finding games easy.

What's a good D&D "series" to watch? I'm not really too sure about Critical Role but I'm open for conviction.

Critical role really is the best. The players are a mixed bag, but Mercer is a top tier dm.

Acq Inc is hit or miss (it got infinitely better when Wheaton and Kurtz were not recurring players), but Acq Inc C-Team is top fucking tier. Holkins is a fair player and a fantastic DM.

I quite like critical role, the players can be a bit annoying in character tho but overall pretty fun

What happened to that awesome fully automated char sheet on DM's Guild? Why is it gone?

What other source can I use as alternative?

Critical role is really good. Dice Camera Action is good too, and has 4 pcs instead of CR's 6-8, which i found easier to keep up with when listening to it while doing something else. The DCA party dynamic is fun with a melancholy rogue, neurotic sorceress, Pollyanna paladin and loldrunkrandom bard. Plus they start out with curse of strahd

What's the most damage a single weapon attack can do?

How many spell book is too many?
One critical attack no extra attack included
(3d6+5d6)x2=(18+30)=(48)x2=96
I think this is right stats for the balor weapon that I took after commanding him to drop it.

it grinds my gears when the C-Team players don't know the rules and misplay combat because of that but the story is worth it. Holkins is a good guy

I like Rollplay's Court of Swords with the caveat that things slow down often because of the rotating cast and even some of the permanent cast not having the best grasp on the rules. Would not recommend if you easily 'REEEE' over rules clarifications and 'stupid' rules questions

I am wondering if 5E would be okay for Political Intrigue if you limit the options to make it low magic ? You would have to make competitors very efficient and skillful.

I generally don't care, but assuming the wizard isnt overloading on other random crap, I only take a stab at him if he is carrying spell books equal to his strength score.

I don't want to bog down the game with weight bookkeeping, but I also am not going to let them carry a ridiculous amount of gear around, and 10+ books gets ridiculously stupid. A book is fucking heavy.

5e isn;t really a great system if you want to play a low magic game. Not even shitposting, but you're playing a game with like 2 martial classes (fighter and rogue) and a dozen magic or semi-magical ones. Magic is just kind of the nature of DnD as a whole.

I have the opposite reaction. I spent so long with a GM who ruined the flow of stories to look up every obscure rule instead of just making a GM ruling that watching Jerry play fast and loose with the rules to keep everything going smooth made me literally cry out in joy. He learned from Perkins, but basically does everything better than Perkins.

It's okay, but not great.

D&D is mostly a combat system, after all.

>Paladin Question for new player

Does the "+2 bonus to damage rolls" from dueling fighting style apply a second time to the 1d8 radiant damage from improved smite?

>IE; longsword hit = 1d8+2 slashing + 1d8+2

No just as it won't stack with crit.

Nope

The 'attack' action is not a class feature. If you don't have something like the bestow smite or the wraith healattack thing, or plan on throwing shit, you could alwaays just use the 'attack' action. If it's true you can't hold a weapon though then unarmed damage probably sucks.

>Playing LMoP
>Barbarian gets the 600 copper coins because he is the only one who can comfortably carry it around.
>Tired and out of HD and everything when they get to Phandalin, just want to rest.
>Someone insists they deliver the 600 copper to the shrine of luck they heard about in the town
>Barbarian doesn't care, just want to get it over with
>Some thugs stop them
>Barbarian is pissed, and tells them to fuck off, or lose their heads
>Thugboss tells them to hand over their coin, and no one has to get hurt
>Barbarian rages and beats the boss dude to death with a sack of 600 copper pieces, and chases one down with it, smashing him to death with it as well
>Finally gets to the shrine of luck, and he hands over the bloodied bag of coins
>Priest looks very worried, and very hesitant to accept the coins
>Barbarian uses a silent glare intimidation attempt, terrified the poor priest to accept the coins, and then he leaves to back to rest at the inn
>rest of the party gets the quest as they tries to comfort the poor girl.

Oh boy this is going to be a fun campaign.

So my DM gave my level 2 wizard a magic ring that can turn any DIE roll of a 1 into a 10. This costs 1 charge and it has 6 charges. It gains d6 charges per day.

I think he intends it as a way to stop my character from rolling a 1 on death saving throws and just dying, or to mitigate 1's to hit as he's using a fumble chart.

Obviously I'm going to use it to make Magic Missile deal 33 damage.... ( If I roll a 1 on the d4 I can change it to a 10 and now every missile deals 11 damage).

I can also make false life give me 14 temporary HP. (move aside fighter i got this)

Any other lulworthy ways to use this item?

10 Whisper/5 Hexblade(Pact of the Blade)/2 Grave/2 Paladin (Dueling Fighting Style)/1 Rogue, using channel divinity the turn prior for Path To The Grave, then casting Banishing Smite before critting with a +1 Rapier and expending Sneak Attack, Divine Smite, Eldritch Smite and Psychic Blades deals 2x(10d10 + 18d8 + 14d6 + 8), for an average of 376 damage, and a maximum of 656.

Note this monstrosity requires a 13 in STR, DEX, WIS, and CHA, and gets 3 ASI in its career.

Tell me why I shouldn't make an abjurationwizardlock using fire shield, armor of agathys and blade ward as well as picking up warcaster to booming blade people who decide to walk past

What're they going to do, willingly choose not to attack me after their first attack seeing as it only kills them?
>Implying monsters have good ranged attacks

I had a campaign idea.
A nigh omnipotent wizard with no sense of right or wrong leaves behind a magically trapped country with an incredible treasure hidden within it. The traps are constantly generated by the magic the wizard left behind. The treasure is so great even the gods regularly quest for it. But so far the traps have kept it hidden.

Sounds fun?

He is gonna say No. He will say it applies to d20 rolls only.

You seem to be describing a bad DM.

Ready Player One the campaign?

no one?

you roll a 1 to gain charges, you max out your number of charges

How do you change the die roll on a d4 to 5+?

Also, if I threw a bone like this to a player of mine, and he did this, I would not only take away the item or make it cursed in some way, I would also never give you any kind of leeway again, and no items tailored to you.

You are wanting to wizard too much. Each celestial year, God celebrate notEaster egg. Too much multi-class get a full job
Spine needle on custom monster do.
Wotc removing competition maybe, unless that their site idk.

I was going for more fantasy stalker.

Not FULLY automated, but it does its job well.

myth-weavers.com

REEE warning; requires an account

hey buddy, enjoy

I think that this has the pugilist and reworked monk of the four elements homebrews added to it, but you can press the power button to delete them

>What other source can I use as alternative?
Pen and paper like a normal human being.

What did he mean by any of this?

Thanks i'll look

bless you!!

Some automation is bleh, some automation is quality of life. Why not take advantage of the laptop in front of me?

Here, this site was introduced to me a short while back:
orcpub2.com/dnd/5e/my-content

You have to import all the supplementary material one by one from here:
mediafire.com/file/kvlzb4z54p6pc3d/Orcpub.rar

It takes a bit of effort but I really like the interface of the site.
It's pretty much fully automated and you can even input custom options and save them.
You can make an account and be able to access your characters online, but the imported files are browser-based, unfortunately.

Here's an example of a mostly finished sheet:
orcpub2.com/pages/dnd/5e/characters/17592228871455

Your DM is an idiot for giving you this.

When you roll for health, you might roll a 1, but can change it to a 10 on a wizard's d6 hitdie.

Also, timestop
Anything that has a d8 or smaller table that then gives an invalid result
d4s from shit like bless, resistance and guidance

You ready for a giggle, /5eg/?
>greenmangaming DOT com [fuckyouspamfilter]/blog/dd-classes-ranked-best-worst
>Ranger
>Paladin
>Cleric
>Sorcerer
>Wizard
>Bard
>Druid
>Fighter
>Rogue
>Monk
>Barbarian
>Warlock

>Cast shadow blade at 7th level
>5d8 blade appears in your hand
>Attack with it or whatever the fuck
>Fighter's turn
>Fighter takes the sword
>fighter action surges with having 3 standard attacks
>Makes 6 attacks with a 5d8 damage weapon

Self-reply here but my post didn't have a question attached

Why when people theorycraft about how to use shadow blade they don't seem to talk about using it to buff martial damage? Is it just better to use haste or what?

It doesn't disappear if you don't drop it or throw it and even if it did it only disappears at the end of the turn so the fighter can use it throughout their turn.
Only issue is it's dubious if the fighter gets advantage on poorly lit targets.

XGE has revealed 5E to be a failed experiment
Dragon Gloom Teleport it out back and put a Shadow Shotgun Slug in its head
It's better this way

Wow, it's like they deliberately wrote something retarded as blatant clickbait. Big surprise there.

Why does everyone want to assign hidden competency to obvious retards? There doesn't have to be a grand strategy. Idiots exist.

>Why not take advantage of the laptop in front of me?
>Blindingly trusting "automated" computers

No, it just proves Mearls, Crawford, and WoTC has a hard-on for casters and can't give anyone anything if the Wizard doesn't get it too.

It is actually a fun little trick.

The problem is giving it to HIM, and not a proper and good player who deserves it.

Let's elect them President instead

Trump.

Exactly. I kinda hope OP gets the ban hammer or his spellbook taken away.

>Makes a fair point on wiz being worse if you have no idea what you're doing, assuming everybody reading their blog is a fucking retard
>'If you don't know what you want to do but make magic happen, play wiz'
Okay fuck that, if you can't fucking play wizard play sorcerer instead, don't just play wizard because 'I WANNA DO MAGIC'
They seem to acknowledge that warlock is best multiclassed and that otherwise it's kinda lacking but I'd still not put if behind sorcerer and ranger, still fairly low down.

Actual list if we assume 'average' players (Rather than using the class to its utmost fullest):

>Paladin
>Cleric
>Barbarian
>Bard
>Wizard
>Warlock
>Druid
>Fighter
>Sorcerer
>Rogue
>Monk
>Ranger

How do I just download everything from the trove? Don't understand this weird website.

Oh, and UA revised ranger is just below barbarian maybe, artificer is below normal ranger and fuck if I know how an average mysticfag plays.

Around Druid/Sorcerer. Mystic's only good if you're going full powergaming retard and intentionally breaking the game. If you're just some random schmuck who doesn't understand Bard is the greatest thing ever, you're just gonna pick a bunch of things that fit your theme but don't necessarily improve the performance of what you're going for more than other options that seem unrelated.

Except they didn't give wizard healing spirit, the most broken spell of all
They've either never worked on 5e before (which they have), suffered sudden brain damage from unknown sources or they're just pretending to be retarded when they say 'Oh, healing spirit MIGHT be broken we MIGHT monitor it and MIGHT make changes to it if it turns out to be MAYBE broken'

Really? I couldn't get into it for the world

To be fair, Lore Bards could already take Aura of Vitality before Paladins, and Life Clerics can take Magic Initiate or a Druid dip for Goodberry which still counts as a healing and gets all their healing bonuses despite being meant to only heal 1hp.

Relatively new GM here. How do I deal with my players being shit?

I'm currently GM'ing for a group of friends, and we're having a pretty fun time. However, the one issue I have is their parties keep wiping. A lot. I don't think we've gotten past level 3.

At first I thought that perhaps I was giving them too hard a challenge (I was running a homebrew campaign) but even when I ran some published stuff with them they had huge issues even with relatively easy fights. I'm running out of campaign ideas and published stuff, since I don't want to just repeat earlier adventures.

I don't think I'm being especially cruel or anything, with the possible exception that I don't fudge rolls. I even tried building up scenarios to "teach" them stuff, like "don't fight goblins in dense forests", before hitting them with a fights where they actually have to apply that knowledge. At this point the only real idea I can come up with is to have NPC's outright advice the players, but that feels forced as fuck.

Any advice?

But druids, with out any multiclass or using magical secrets or any shit or even dedicating a permanent spell known to it which out of combat is not only a level 2 spell instead of a level 3 spell but heals 20d6 to the entire party rather than being distributed amongst people, and compared to goodberry cheese it's pretty much gauranteed to heal the entire party to full (If high levels and someone's particularly injured, you can heal them for even more than 20d6) instead of just being 40 HP distributed around which may take multiple casts. And further unlike goodberry, it also can be used in combat to be even more effective than aura of vitality itself.

what is your part comp? Tell us more about their failures by giving specific examples.

We can't fix stupid, sorry user.

>How do these proficiencies apply?
Having proficiency in a weapon changes how the Poltergeist's Haunt class feature acts. Namely it allows you to use a bigger die than a d4.
>How do spirits make regular attacks, or is it only possible through their class abilities?
You're a ghost, you're not necessarily able to or effective at interacting with the mundane world.
>In which case, why does poltergeist get proficiencies in melee weapons it can't use (even when throwing them)?
They do get to throw them. See: Haunt.

Blue Wizard Speedy's Magical Jumpspring
Rare, 10 lbs

A bumper roughly the diameter of a large round shield with a stout cylinder on the underside, the magical Jumpspring is an unorthodox and fairly dangerous magical device that can propel things out to great distances.

As an action, the holder positions the Jumpspring and presses a switch to activate it, causing it to become Immovable from the place of activation. During the Jumpspring's activation, the holder declares the destination to which the spring will launch an object or creature, out to a maximum distance of 30 feet horizontally or vertically. The spring will stay active indefinitely.

When enough weight is applied to the bumper, the Jumpspring will propel an object or creature weighing between 20 and 500 lbs to the designated location. Unless the creature has a Flying speed or some means to modify their speed in the air, they can not alter their course and will be sent towards the designated location. Huge or larger Creatures and things weighing more than 500 lbs are not propelled the full distance.

The spring can vary the power and arc to avoid environmental obstacles. For example, in an open area, a creature can be launched out to 30 feet horizontally at an ideal arc, getting the greatest distance with minimal risk. A user can be launched to clear a high wall and land just on the other side. Under a low ceiling, the spring can propel a creature out to 30 feet, but will be launched with much greater force.

If the creature is propelled 20 feet or further in total, they must roll an Acrobatics saving throw to land safely, otherwise they will tumble and fall prone. At the DM's discretion based on the environment and Jumpspring's setting, disadvantage to the landing roll and bludgeoning damage on a failed landing may apply. If the creature is propelled high enough and falls further than 10 feet from the apex of the arc, Falling damage rules may apply.

If a player was casting Witch Bolt, can they ready an action on the second turn of casting to keep their target within 30ft? Or is readying the action a qualifier for using your action for anything but just continuing to cast it?

sounds like the perfect thing to set as a trap behind a door.

Readying an action is an action, so not unless they've been buffed with the spell Haste or something. Also who in the sweet name of Pelor would EVER choose Witch Bolt?

Instead of worrying about this, refluff firebolt as continuing to cast witch bolt.

Yeah, do they just get to use unarmed attacks outside of their class abilities? So like, 1 damage from a punch unless otherwise stated?

Haste wouldn't work.
Needs to be action surge or on the same turn as casting witch bolt having quickened spell it.

>Refluff Firebolt
You mean give Firebolt Lightning damage?