Tyranid Hive Fleet Creation thread

I feel like starting a creation thread so why not make a cool Tyranid Hive Fleet

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Creation_Tables

>What is the Hive Fleet's progenitor? (d100)

Rolled 92 (1d100)

Let's have a look.

Other Fleet/Separate Entity

Ohh lots of fun with this. Perhaps we are a new fleet who has just entered the galaxy?

>What is the Hive Fleet's classification? (d10)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Could be interesting.

Hive Fleet Splinter

Are we all that has arrived, or are we just the early ones? Who knows but the gods themselves

>How large is the Hive Fleet? (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

I say we're the vanguard.

Large

We have the numbers at least. But what have they arrived here to do?

>What are the Hive Fleet's current goals? (d100)

Rolled 21 (1d100)

This is gonna be fun. Been a while since we tyranid'd it up.

Spread and Devour (Fleet looking for inhabited planets to feast upon)

Trying out the new feeding ground I see

>What is the Hive Fleet's strategic tendency? (d100)

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Destruction from Afar

Looks like we like to shoot our pray to death before we turn it into useful biomass

>What common biomorphs manifest in the Hive Fleet? (d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

We's the hungriest

Symbiotic Swarms

Looks like we travel in huge groups when fighting

>What are the Hive Fleet's allies? (d100)

Rolled 71 (1d100)

the combination of huge swarms and ranged destruction could be pretty dangerous. Maybe some kind of termite/ant theme, what with the spitting of formic acid?

Parasitic Broodfather (Parasite of Mortrex)

Oh cool, I am guessing all the bioforms in brackets are examples of them in lore so nothing is stopping us from coming up with our own

>What are the Hive Fleet's common enemies? (d100)

Rolled 86 (1d100)

So apparently the Parasite of Mortrex is some kind of radical winged synapse creature that implants live rippers via a tail-based tube into people. Screw ants, we're those horrifying wasps that hunt tarantulas.

Assorted meats(Alien Empire)

Oh i like this, no wonder why the Imperium hasn't had a run in with this fleet yet, they have been busy invading and eating smaller alien empires out in uncharted space

But let's make a recap and think of cool lore after that

Recap!

>What is the Hive Fleet's progenitor?
Other Fleet/Separate Entity

>What is the Hive Fleet's classification?
Hive Fleet Splinter

>How large is the Hive Fleet?
large

>What are the Hive Fleet's current goals?
Spread and Devour (Fleet looking for inhabited planets to feast upon)

>What is the Hive Fleet's strategic tendency?
Destruction from Afar

>What common biomorphs manifest in the Hive Fleet?
Symbiotic Swarms

>What are the Hive Fleet's allies?
Parasitic Broodfather (Parasite of Mortrex)

>What are the Hive Fleet's common enemies?
Assorted meats(Alien Empire)

let's think of a cool name first

Maybe we could play up the swarm aspect in some kind of specialized type of tyranid? I'm basically picturing rippers with mounted guns or bio-plasma to fit our strategic tendency.

As for a name, my first though would be Hive Fleet Avadon as a giant castlevania reference and biblical reference all in one, and fitting for a swarm. Also, it doesn't directly call out Abbadon himself.

I like the name, but if one were to play this using the exsiting tyranid units and the codex how would one go about doing that?

In that case, probably lots of termagaunts over hormagaunts, probably a good deal of gargoyles a well. Prioritizing range and number of shots over direct damage, tactically you'd be about flooding the board with as many gunners as possible and then just bogging the opponent down with fire. Carnifexes would likely be either Venom Cannon strats or full supports with Barbed Stranglers to tie up as many units as possible while they get caught in the cross fire.

Also if we want to distance ourselves further from Ezekiel Abbadon, we could name them after the Greek version of the name Apollyon, which means "destroyer".

I like Avadon more, also what colours are we?

If we want to keep up the kind of dumb castlevania reference, I'd go with deep blues and cool sea greens, accented with lines of red. It's also super visually distinct from the usual bunch of Behemoth, Kraken, and Leviathan, which helps push the idea that we're from a different hive fleet entirely.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +TRANSMITTED: Isvol Station
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +RECEIVED: Hive World Ryka
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +DESTINATION: Battleship Tyrannic Dawn
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +DATE: 7909990.M41
+ + + + + + + + + + +TELEPATHIC DUCT: Elyza Geovald message
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + +REF: Inq/2184095-812A894032/D/4323432/LA
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +AUTHOR: Ordo Xenos Insquisitor Tiberius Flax
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +SUBJECT: Silence from the Despox Stars
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +THOUGHT: The Emperor asks only that you hate

Greetings my Lord I bring grim news from the Despox Region near the edge of Imperial Space. The Despox Stars as many of you are aware are home to a myriad of unchecked and uncleansed Xenos Civilizations that could potentially pose a threat to Imperium of Man.
I was cunducting my decade probing of the area in order to monitor the region in case the Xenos are preparing an attack on any nearby Imperial worlds, but what I found instead was much more disturbing. Usually my probes picks up on Xenos Vox chatter from their crude, unholy vox devices, but I heard nothing. It was as they had just ceased to exist. So we took a leap of faith and travelled to the closes Xenos planet designated "Gamma-874/E". We found the once a lush Ocean World barren, and in ordbit we found carapace from possible Tyranid Life Forms. I ordered an immediate emergency jump to the nearest relay station, the one I am transmitting this message from now. But it looks like we were to late, why didn't we detect the shadow sooner! Emperor dammit! I am afraid I must leave you my lord, it appears the shadow is upo...us....em....ror...h....lp..us

+++END OF TRANSMISSION+++

Just felt like writing and inquisitorial letter/report

I like those colours

I like the idea of a bunch of wasps flying around flinging razor sharp stingers from their thoraxes that take root and devour the enemy from within or something. Like, the stingers are actually a delivery method for larvae.

Where in the galaxy should our hive fleet have entered from?

Alternatively, the stingers could be dormant Rippers, who wake up once embedded in flesh and start tearing shit apart from the inside.

Also if we're named after Avadon, who's name literally means "destroyer", we should have our fleet reflect it in some way. Maybe they aren't shy about breaking through landscapes and planetary locales, hollowing out mountains and undermining cities like insects, as long as it gets them the world in the end?

The problem with these creation threads is that Tyranids have the least amount of interesting options, as well as being pretty uniform for motivations and stuff.
I just wish they gave Tyranids something in the way of personality.

Like our Mortrexes, we come from above the galaxy.