How would you build Ganondorf in 5e?

How would you build Ganondorf in 5e?

Pact of the blade infernal warlock. Patron is Demise. Levels in fighter for proficencies and hp.

Gestalt fighter//wizard

>tfw you will never be as alpha as ganondorf

>tfw no qt Zelda slave

obviously an orc

As an NPC not bound by shitty class mechanics.

You almost managed to have fun, but then you had to throw 'shitty' in there.just to show how butthurt you are. What is wrong with you?

I'm just not a fan of class-based games in general; it's nothing against 5e, just D&D as a whole.

This and make him an orc or a half-orc due to his boar beast form and green skin

If you don't really understand a system, you probably don't want to go into a thread and show off your ignoarance.

You could have had fun. You might even have been half-right, because Ganondorf might be better as a custom NPC to account for some of his abilities.

But, no, you had to tell everyone you were upset about people discussing a game you don't like because you have a very, and I mean very, limited understanding of RPG's and the point and purpose of class sysytems. 5e's class system isn't really shitty at all, nor is any D&D's for that matter. But, rather than having fun, you want people to laugh at how little you know about games.

But, let's break bread. I'm glad you backtracked a little and just said it was not your preference, even if that really was just to open up and tell us that you're butthurt about people discussing D&D in general, so let's just agree to not be such an ass in the future and actually try to have fun in these discussions.

>Patron is Demise

Isn't Ganondorf Demise though?

Wow, touchy much? I've been playing D&D for over twenty years: I know fully well what such systems entail. And while they work perfect well for D&D, that doesn't mean we need threads like this shitting up the place, or did you perhaps miss the fact that this was a highly specific "stat me" thread?

Reading too much into a single word makes you come off as a an even bigger asshole than me.

Then why are you here?

> I know fully well what such systems entail.
Twenty years an idiot is bad. But, this might be the year you actually learn something! Don't let it slip away!

>Reading too much into a single word makes you come off as a an even bigger asshole than me.
Oh, I'm an asshole alright. But, it doesn't stop you yourself from being a touchy cunt.

So, let's break bread. What's your favorite incarnation of Ganondorf? OoT? TP? SS?

Half Orc Paladin of Conquest/Pact of the Blade Hexblade. This shouldn't be that hard user.

I would build him in Mutants and Masterminds.

A man can't give his honest opinion? There's no one class or combination of classes that would sufficiently broker Ganondorf's characteristics or powers. If you wanted to accurately demonstrate Ganon as a character in D&D, you'd be better off as a GM than a player.

You do realize you're the one that made a multiple paragraph long response to my use of the word "shitty", right? Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

>still being a touchy cunt

It's like your only joy is shitposting. Oh well.

Ganondorf is a reincarnation of Demise's hatred, not of Demise. No, I don't know what that means.

Go be a troll somewhere else, please.

It means he inherits some of Demise's powers because of the curse, but he isn't a complete reincarnation. He's like a "shard" of Demise.

Looking at the Zelda wiki, Ganon is described as "a pure embodiment of the ancient evil that is reborn time and time again..."

If he's a pure embodiment, I'd say that makes him, for all intents and purposes, Demise.

>gets his shit kicked in by a teen and teen princess everytime.
>alpha
in what universe?

You first. And don't "No U" me. You were the first one to show off how butthurt you were, so take your butthurt elsewhere.

Link is alpha as fuck though.

In BoTW, there's this huge field with the destroyed remnants of this robot army, and even a single one of these big ass robots could easily kill hundreds of people.

It's only in the final memory that you find out that it was Link who's responsible for all the destroyed robots, and he almost single-handedly fought against this entire army and nearly won.

It would probably still make more sense to simply make him only an aspect of Demise, rather than his full-on reincarnation. If you actually wanted to play Ganondorf in D&D, you have to remember that you're not in Hyrule (unless you are), so there's often a bit of translation involved.

You're a joke, man; keep 'em comin'. I can literally feel the heat from all the swelling in your ass through my monitor.

You're not disproving the point that Ganon is a pussy who gets his shit pushed in by a teen. Every. Time.

You are an A-class salt miner. You hit a particularly rich vein with that one.

Actually a question to the Zelda aficionados. It's established that each game that each Link and Zelda are different from the previous ones. However Ganon always remains the same. Does Ganon retain his memories each time? Does he start sweating bullets the minute a dude in a green tunic and elf hat wanders into view?

Link makes me question my sexuality

are you male or female?

Master Sword apparently has the power to both seal away and dissolve Ganon's consciousness (it dissolved Demise's mind, but his essence continues on being reincarnated). I'm assuming that means it kills most of his memories too.

Which makes Link getting amnesia after being resurrected in BoTW interesting. Link's journey might have been similar to what Ganondorf has to go through each cycle of rebirth, traveling to regain his memories.

Ganon *is* the curse of the Demon King. The warlock we see, the one commonly known as "Ganondorf" is just a vessel for it. And the Curse knows the Chosen Hero and the Princess *very* well. So whilst Ganondor the man might not know who Link is, Ganon the primordial cosmic horror that is the ultimate embodiment of the Mazoku, most certainly does.

Not every game — there are plenty that have the same Link. Link's Awakening is explicitly a sequel to A Link to the Past, as well as the Oracle games later on. But either way: no, I wouldn't think so. I imagine those Ganons that don't fully die and/or are sealed still retain their memories from previous eras, but he seems different enough in comparison to Link or Zelda in those incarnations that are wholly new.

So the son of the gerudo is the only thing this spirit can possess?

It takes other forms when it doesn't have any other choice, embodying itself through the various other Demon Kings and Mazoku seen in the games. It's just that Ganondorf is by far it's most preferred host vessel.

Male

Gannondorf doesn't actully die most of the time he's just sealed away windwaker Ganondorf remembers ocorina of time because he was there Ganon on the other hand always seems like a beast to me so it might not even be able to remember anything

Whenever I see "Calamity Ganon," I can only imagine Ganondorf in a black cowboy hat.

fag

The first man known as Ganondorf was the villain in Ocarina of Time. The Ganondorf from Twiligh princess is from a timeline when his plans were stopped before they took affect and the one from Windwaker is from a future where he has returned in his human/gerudo form.

Ganon is a monster Ganondorf turned into. Based on which timeline you are in, the Ganon you encounter is either the one who fought link in one of the previously mentioned games or is a form of him ressurected either through his own machinations or those of others seeking to use his power.

Calamity Ganon is sort of a rushed resurrection, returning less as a being and more as a force of destruction. Hypothetically, if any incarnation of Ganon can be either destroyed outright or be defeated in a way that makes it truly impossible for him to return, then the power of the curse could reincarnate into a new being. However, the hero, princess, and demon reincarnation cycles seem to be tied to specific methods. Zelda is always of royal blood, Link reincarnates in an unexpected hero, and Ganondorf/Ganon just comes back.

In fact, from what I can recall from what little I've read/heard about Hyrule Encyclopedia; Ganondorf wasn't even a part of the cycle of reincarnation at first, nor was he even his own individual even. The Curse had literally constructed him to be a vessel for it so that it could carry out its plan to lay waste to Hyrule. Once Ganon got his shit kicked in by Link and Zelda in OOT though as well as getting sealed into the Sacred Realm, the Curse decided to abscond, since it saw Ganondorf as failure of a vessel, and had the full intention of leaving him to rot. He was never intended to be the principle incarnation of Evil whatsoever, and was effectively the Demonic equivalent of a one-night stand. It was only *after* the Curse saw that Ganondorf wasn't dissolving into nothingness within the Sacred Realm as what -should- have happened, but was actually enduring through raw *Hate* alone, that it did a double-take and decided to make him into the primary vessel for all of its future attempts to lay waste to the land.

Was windwaker ganondorf killed? He did get a sword through the head.

Yes. Same with Twilight's.

Petrified and trapped at the bottom of the sea. Maybe not dead, but he’s sure as hell a goner.

Effectively, being petrified and buried beneath the waves and all. The Curse just brings him back in another branch of the timeline though, so in a way you could say that Ganondorf never *truly* "dies".

By reflavoring captain falcon.

How would you build Captain Falcon in 5e?

He ded.
After the universe splits, ganon dies in every timeline except for the shitty (in-universe) one where he sort of wins. Even then he mostly just gets sealed and dies later.
He's massively overhyped as coming back from the dead all the time for some reason. I'm pretty sure he manages that just once (twice if you include the time he got brought back for like thirty seconds as a mindless zombie fuckup when his moms killed themselves), every other time he just gets put in magic prisons, or only died in another version of the universe.

Not how I'd build Ganondorf, I'll say that. Probably open hand monk, for those strong Falcon punches, with a dip in cavalier for the purpouse of making the connection between mounts and cars.

Distant future of the hero is defeated timeline

He managed to conquer the Sacred Realm, survive all sorts of executions & potentially fuck lots of Gerudo women.

Ganon deserves the triforce of courage a million times more than Link
Link is a better fit for power anyway

It doesn't fit at all because nintendo don't care about the timeline
The first one and Adventure of Link don't really fit anywhere either

He kills him every time because he always has the mastersword, which is made specifically to kill him.

And he doesn't always lose to be fair. Theres an entire branch of the timeline where he killed Link.

If someone makes a sword to kill you specifically, you're alpha.

Hexblade pact of the blade or some shit like that, bam, done. Close quarters battler with spells and shit

Potentially Hexblade Warlock multuclassed with Kensai Monk if you want to be closer to Smash Bros. Ganon.

>dnd sucks and I hate it
>been playing for over 20 years
okay

i mean he fucks over and conquers the country/world pretty consistently and the only reason he loses is because because Link gets powers from gods that pretty much smite any amount of evil no matter what.

In all honesty, does the timeline matter unless there's a direct sequel? It could be disconnected like Tom & Jerry or Loony Tunes.

You hate D&D the way you hate an ex wife