EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Guys I dropped my phone in water and lost my ability to use my google authentication. I know I am an idiot for not writting down my back up numbers. I need to log into coinbase and Binance. What do I do? I have thousands locked up in both accounts. Please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czVhlhPJn0k
ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-1st-2G-8-GB-Black-SEALED-Onopened-Smartphone-NEW-Collections-Rare/222491396137?epid=1501472329&hash=item33cd854829:g:de8AAOSwZ8ZW2eEv
support.google.com/accounts/answer/1188780
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

F

learn from it

It's all over for you

Its ogre. Same thing happened to me I lost $7k. Chinks don't care and are glad to keep the money. Should have saved the recovery phrase. Get absolutely shrekt faggot.

You're fucked

Its gone

You are going to have to contact them. I know someone who did the same thing and they got back their accounts on both of them. It will just take time since you will have to send documents to prove who you are. Email binance and call coinbase.

How Can I prevent this for the future... when u open the app I can’t find any backup numbers to write down...

BOI U FUKD UP

Sharpie in pooper and then send that sharpie over to binance for verification

ask coinbase's twitter support to unlock it (DM them). not sure about binance.

Just contact Binance and Coinbase, they can’t legally not help you. Please let us know the outcome though, this is my biggest fear.

That was me, Half my funds were gone

SFYL

I should have written down my back up codes and and everything. My phone is toast. I need a new phone but in the mean time who do I contact on binance and Coinbase? Will I be locked out permanently? Please help I am freaking out. Ipromise your help and advice will come back to you 10 fold. Be good to me please I am a good man and if I could offer advice to someone else I would gladly do the same. I am embarrassed and humiliated and feel like i lost my life savings which isnt much to begin with but still a lot. I work with disabled adults and try my best to help others. I ask that you guys actually please give me good advice.

Your backup code is given by the website when you first sign up.

Chill dude, it's ait. Just open support tickets and they'll help you. You'll probably need to provide photo ID and recent account details. Might take a little while. But you'll be able to get access back.

Keep trying to login and just guess at what the 2FA code would be. Eventually you'll get back in to your account

You can open a ticket and explain your problem
They will probably ask something to ID yourself (like you did before so photo + name of the website, etc)
I was on bittrex when my phone died and I had to wait a long time to get a replacement battery so I asked them to remove the google authentication
It took less than a week (something like 2 days, I can't recall but I thought it was very fast)

Putting the phone in rie actually helps, don't try to turn it on tho

Wait a few days then try if it goes

oh ya do this, the numbers are short

Imagine being so retarded that after making crazy gains on your crypto that you don't buy a second phone and only keep it in your house/a bolted down safe.

I want to be just like Veeky Forums when I grow up.

How do i get a backup code form binance? paranoid now

Calm down dude, Binance explicitely tell you it's possible to get your account back if you lost use of your Auth, it will only take some time.

Just disable and re-enable 2fa to get fresh keys

Don't do this OP that's pretty much the worst thing you can do right now lol

That's only valid if he verified his account on binance. If not he is rekt. Coinbase shouldn't be a problem tho

What website?

I did the exact same thing. Just contacted them and they will ask you to send a selfie holding your ID and a note with the date on it and then they will disable 2FA and you can login.

Everybody should stop using Google authenticator and switch to Authy since they allow you to backup your codes and you can also install it on a desktop and share codes between devices.

I know you guys are busting my balls and hitting me below the belt but come on guys. I am literally tearing up. My dad passed away last year and I have struggled my entire life to make anything financially. I got into crypto for moral reasons to decentralize currency etc. I started dumping my bank pay checks into crypto and I feel like I lost everything.

Next time get a waterproof phone, like the Sony Xperia series. Also, do what the others are saying and contact Coinbase and Binance. It should work out, user, try not to stress yourself too much.

>
>Just disable and re-enable 2fa to get fresh keys
You can't disable 2fa without logging in you brainlet

Stop ignoring half the nice posters in this thread then. We're obviously trying to help. Just contact Binance and CB and get a fuckign waterproof phone with a military casing on it.

Listen to -- you're not totally fucked because Binance will want to help out honest people because if they don't, they lose a customer. Send in an email and get the ball rolling. Your phone is probably fucked, but you'll get through this and learn a valuable lesson.

Hopefully Veeky Forums isn't full of retards and learn from this thread as well.

BUY A SECOND PHONE IF YOU'RE MAKING CRAZY GAINS IN CRYPTO.

Your life is over I just bought all your bags for a third of the price

He wasn't reply to OP, numb nuts.

I have three accounts, Binance, Coinbase and Bitstamp. Which should I start with and should i download google authenticator on another phone or is that pointless?

>BUY A SECOND PHONE IF YOU'RE MAKING CRAZY GAINS IN CRYPTO.
Fuck that
Phone value will not moon

meaning is it pointless to download it again at this point and should i wait to download it after I regain access?

Dude at this point you're staring to sound retarded
Do them all at once niggah

And yes if you have a phone, enable 2FA again but this time write the codes down

Also I appreciate the advice guys. For my Biz buddies that are actually helping me.

this

/thread

After you open a ticket, download the telegram app and go to the binance support channel and contact whatever agent is available. They're mad slow and are on and off so you have to be on top of it. Good luck, guy.

I am not thinking clearly. I know I sound retarded I am very bad under pressure when it comes to finances lost.

just send in a reply, youll be fine same thing happened to me on COSS and it was resolved in less than 4 hours.

F

youre fucked

remove the battery and dry your phone out for 2 days

if it still doesnt work pay a repair guy

Well you didn't lose anything
You're not the first one in that situation and far to be the last as well

Go chill on FUN FAIR (I not even owning that AMAZIN COIN), make a masterbate, have a beer, give me your money and kill yourself

nevermind, you can disable it and enable it and get a fresh code, definitely took a screenshot

sorry OP I hope it works out :(

This. Also do this. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. And all of you, get a fucking waterproof phone like the Xperia series and a case that will save you if it gets thrown at a wall.

Gonna help you out.

You can authenticate via your PC through WinAuth

Google it, set it up. You're Golden.

If you're feeling generous you can leave me an ETH tip later.

Imagine being so retarded that you think you need a phone app to run the TOTP algorithm.

First time in my life I am truly heart broken over something financial. I usually just let things go but I worked very hard and put hours upon hours into this. I love sitting here on biz and youtube shooting the shit about this stuff and of course it crashed on me. i wouldnt even care if i lost the money to the coins collapsing but i lost access because a stupid phone fell in the toilet. and even though I can prob recover from this situation it feels like I lost everything. The psychology involved is terrible.

im fairly sure you could even just redownload google auth on a new phone, login with your account and voila theres your codes

when I download google Auth it doesnt give a log in option. it only request bar code scan which you need to be logged in for

>get a new phone
>install google authenticator

what's the problem?

same thing happened to me. Bittrex unlocked my account in under 24 hours still waiting on Binance. Just put in a support ticket they ask for verification with an ID.

could you maybe run an android emulator and install google authenticator?

Same thing happened to me. They restored my accounts with proper documentation with no.missing.funds.

Ignore the neets

thanks for reminding me to back up all my shit

Google auth does not store anything on your account on a server or whatever. The keys are stored in the device and if you lose access then they’re gone forever. Pretty much the same as losing a wallet.

I usually back up a screenshot of the QR code. Also, some other app may be better than the vanilla Google Authenticator.

>First time in my life I am truly heart broken over something financial. I usually just let things go but I worked very hard and put hours upon hours into this. I love sitting here on biz and youtube shooting the shit about this stuff and of course it crashed on me. i wouldnt even care if i lost the money to the coins collapsing but i lost access because a stupid phone fell in the toilet. and even though I can prob recover from this situation it feels like I lost everything. The psychology involved is terrible.
Are you mentally handicapped? Do your eyes work? Just email them fucktard and they will reset the shit for you after you verify yourself. I did the same thing a month ago and got my coinbase,. Bittrex, Binance and Kucoin accounts back. It's stupid simple stop being a retard and just do it.

minecraft.net

EVERYBODY. STOP USING GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR. USE AUTHY. YOU CAN BACK THE CODES UP AND RESTORE IF YOU LOSE YOUR PHONE. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE KEYS ACROSS MULTIPLE DEVICES. god damn.

took me literally 10 seconds in google

youtube.com/watch?v=czVhlhPJn0k

Authy is insecure, don't use authy

Seriously, I'm a programmer, don't use authy

Google has a site where you can switch the auth to a new phone but I have no idea how well it works.

Brilliant, lets protect our 2fa with generic passwords and pins on a desktop application.

Hurr durr you fucks are so retarded. why even enable 2FA if you're going to do this. Go ahead though open yourself to getting sim jacked or key logged.

Why is Veeky Forums filled with the most spiteful, angry faggots ever known?

ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-1st-2G-8-GB-Black-SEALED-Onopened-Smartphone-NEW-Collections-Rare/222491396137?epid=1501472329&hash=item33cd854829:g:de8AAOSwZ8ZW2eEv

>install Android emulator on PC
>install google authenticator

read

Should've bought a fucking CAT instead of a shiny toy to protect your gains.

Rocking a Blackberry motion right now, dust and waterproof and fucking reliable as hell.

Meow

Retard, do you think most people here know what that is? Stop being so retarded, retard.

ditto. buy a new phone, switch it over. problem solved

RIP

The chinks have your money now

>two phones
>crazy 1000% gains
Crypto traders are like drug dealers

>does not buy phone because phone value will not moon
how must it feel to be this retarded

i remember reading they might be able to help you if u email them

im sure youve already though of and tried this though

You saved your authentication code, right?

>not using a NOKIA brick from 2001

Why?

If I lose my phone and have the Gauth code then I can just enter it on a new device and be back up?

don't you just need the password for binance?

Not if you enabled 2FA.

iCloud?

How about this?

support.google.com/accounts/answer/1188780

How do you back up your 2FA codes?

>don't you just need the password for binance
Let me keep your coins, assuming you are a bagHODLer, before you lose it all, Panjeet

You write them down on paper and/or print out the QR code.
It's baffling how many brainlets are involved in trading crypto.

How do you get the codes though?

Don't listen to anyone in this thread, this happened to me too.

For binance, issue a ticket at their support. Include the pictures of your ID and a picture of your face, ID, and a paper saying "disable 2FA please".
If they don't answer within 2 days, go to their telegram support group and contact one of the mods who are online directly, they will help you out within half an hour. They disable your 2FA if your documents are the same of those given when you created your account.
The chinks do a good job if you persist, just DON'T issue more than 1 ticket.

Coinbase is a bit more difficult cause their fucking detection of your documents doesn't work half the time.

Good luck user.

Wtf are people talking about backing up your authenticator? Mine rerolls 6 numbers every 60 seconds

Clever, unfortunately no Google Authenticator on that shite.

You get them when you set up 2FA. You're presented with a QR code and a 16 character-long string. Usually you scan the QR code using a TOTP app but you can also set it up manually using the string.
In any case, that's what you're supposed to back up (as every website offering you 2FA will tell you) for the event of your 2FA device failing on you.

Doesn't work if it's not connected to your fucking google account