Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is your favorite magic item/artifact that has made an appearance in your games?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower
strawpoll.com/r6h249eb
docs.google.com/document/d/1cx6Q2UTfL9yR1Zbh8uy7ZFYzql6ZFDTppZ8AdeeNsbw/edit#
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In a campaign I was in where we had a bit too much money but were have a good time so we didn't want to buff ourselves too much I bought a
Lyre of Building. That thing was neato.

Could a Sohei take Horse Master as one of it's bonus feats? I mean it doesn't seem to specifically state what it means by mounted combat feats...

The DM gave me a staff of swimming that gave everyone holding onto it + 10 to their swim check. The party encountered a hurricane at sea and our ship broke apart. At one point the entire party was holding onto my rod :^) and jokes ensued.

Currently recruiting games.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower

Now that Gallows is gone, which Wizard Tower apps do you think will make it?

Horse Master requires Expert Trainer, a Cavalier class feature. You would need to dip 4 levels of Cavalier, at least.

>either play with "text only" or play in a japanese classroom setting

:( I like doing voices.

>voicefag

Monks ignore prereqs for their bonus feats. If Horse Master falls under the "mounted combat feats" Sohei mentions, then I can ignore that entirely. It's how people usually snag Mounted Skirmisher real early.

Doesn't how mounted combat req. Ride 6 and expert trainer class features mandatory.

Considering that it capitalizes Mounted Combat in the Sohei description, it likely means feats with Mounted Combat as a prerequisite, like Spirited Charge or Ride-By Attack. Horse Master does not have Mounted Combat as a prerequisite, and there is no category of feats called "Mounted Combat" as opposed to Combat, General, Teamwork, etc.

I like voice games too, but you gotta take what you can get I suppose.

Where does it state that the Sohei's mounted combat feats are feats with Mounted Combat as it's prereq? Was there an FAQ?

Have any of you ever gone to a campaign you found on Craigslist or meetup / warhorn?

How did it go? Was it a generally good or bad experience?

Probably Succ.

I don't think so. His app is just a bunch of shitty memes slapped on top of a generic necromancer.

Mounted Combat feats imply anything from the feat chain. Horse master has neither mount nor combat in it's name. If it was spelled "Feats affecting mounts" or "Combat feats that affect mounts" then it would count. That's like saying that "Any style feat without meeting prereqs" means you can grab the last part of the chain without getting any of the ones before it.

In that case, if I'm trying to do a Sohei, would I be better off starting with 4 levels of Cavalier for Horse Master or tanking 3 feats for Animal Ally? It looks like it's either that, or I just buy a combat-trained mount which I highly doubt will last long.

I would say start as a Sohei for either 1 level or 2, dip Cavalier for your next 4 levels, then grab Horse Master. Three feats isn't going to be worth it if you're focusing on Mounted Combat, which itself is already fairly feat-intensive.

Conscript guide is VERY NEARLY DONE. I have a handful of sphere specializations to do then the feat and item section

I'm going to do Sentinel next, then leave the pick for the next class up on a strawpoll.

Are any of the sphere specializations even particularly that good? None of the ones I looked at seemed worth three points.

Remember you can give up some of your talents instead to get a specialization but slightly slower. Basically always worth it, as you get an excess of talents as a Conscript.

Can you? It specifies you "may buy an additional sphere specialization", which seems to imply you already to have taken the spec.

Do you dread the prospect of death, of that uncrossable void which all mortals must cross? Do you shiver at the thought of all your sins laid out under the passive gaze of an uncaring goddess, your soul being sorted so casually into an eternity Pharasma deems appropriate to your actions? Do you rage at the unfair reality of being less even than a cog in a system you never asked to be part of?

Well, this here Soul Anchor is your way out! Nevermore will you have to fear what a self-righteous goddess of death has in store for you. Preserve not just your sense of self and individuality, but your freedom of action with this amazing magical item! The otherwise inexorable flow of the River of Souls will hold no sway over you with this anchor, which keeps the paralyzing tide of the River from drawing you along to the Boneyard. Experience the freedom to make your afterlife your own today!

Order now, and receive a free dose of Adyton with your purchase! That's right, 2,000 GPs worth of veil-piercing drug for free! Order now and tell Pharasma to stuff it!

This advertisement is paid for and sponsored by the Faithful of Mahathallah.

In fact, here's the Strawpoll.

strawpoll.com/r6h249eb

Some are actually quite good- remember, you're getting a BaB/HD boost and getting the sphere again.

On a scale of one to five stars, one being Trash tier, 5 being God Tier:

>Beastmastery is a solid 4. You get a mount, heavily improves your Beastmastery abilities, and makes your Animal Companion advance as if you were one level higher.
>Lancer has a bad 3rd-level ability, but 8th level being able to deny people swift actions is fucking murder.
>Barrom lets you cycle the drunk status and save on action economy at 8th level.
>Alchemy doubles the number of alchemical items you can make
>Scout is a godsend for WIS/CHA conscripts, as it allows you to use the Perception function of the Scout sphere without the -5 penalty.
>Duelist can, with equipment to deal bleed damage on multiple attacks, knock enemies out starting at 3rd level.

Don't forget that Sphere Specialization treats your BaB and HD as +1 higher when determining the effects and benefits of a sphere.

It's cheaper to buy the second specialization with talents, which makes it worth it some times.

So I'm not sure what alignment my Oracle should be. Her Mystery is the Dark Tapestry and her Curse is Ghoul. She doesn't care about morality but she does enjoy killing and eating people. She doesn't just murderhobo though, she mainly just kills and eats whoever the party will let her. She also isn't a huge edgelord and is more cheerful and friendly. She just worships Lovecraftian abominations and eats people. So she's a bit touched in the head. Think almost Metalocalypse / Dethklok, especially Toki. Would this be chaotic neutral or chaotic evil?

Either NE or CE, I’m leaning CE.

Why do you keep reposting this shit.

>It's cheaper to buy the second specialization with talents, which makes it worth it some times.
You can't even get a second specialization without doing the talent swap, since they cost 3 points normally and you only get 5 points to spend.

I'm quite sure the intent was to be able to swap talents for specialization without already having one, but you're right that the wording now compared to the playtest sort of implies otherwise. Wouldn't be the first thing they screwed the wording on from playtest to release for no discernible reason.

Personally, that would be the refluffed Djezet Skin for the resident caster girl; cute lacey dress that gets torn up as she takes damage and regrows overnight. It is in fact alive and lined with tentacles that only appeared once she got wet, even if its just sweat

>lewdshit
What garbage taste.

>saying X is badwrongfu
have you tried not being fun police desu?

>unironically using desu
Just digging that hole even deeper.

I like it because the scenes have been fun

Would you rather discuss the walkey-talkey swords that were originally used to remote-control a death golem harvesting monster cores?

>walkey-talkey swords that were originally used to remote-control a death golem harvesting monster cores?
Yes, that actually sounds like a fucking blast. I'm also particularly happy with discussing the mechanics of swordplay and my envisionment for how arcane magic operates.

The swords are made of stone, since they were originally for an ancient statue reclaimed and crafted into the magic item, so no one has been able to actually stab someone with them yet

The primary use so far was for a crippled golem crafter to try and talk the party out of killing him as he summoned monsters to hold them off

spoiler alert; D&D parties dont' like splitting up even if they have magic walkey-talkey's

I had a set of Djezet Skin I used for my character from Numeria he was a half insane techno-barbarian. Though my GM allowed me to make a set of Djezet Skin that was based on Hide armor rather than Leather, and also let me keep upgrading it until it was basically a torrent of rust I wore to turn into a big rusted monstrous creature.

It didn't help my weapon was made out of similar shit and rusted to the point I looked like a rust elemental.

Currently running a game with the current players rolling: Warlord (Hussar), Hunter, Alchemist (Beastmorpher/Vivi) and a Vigilante. The guy playing the Vigilante wants to roll a Stalker (which as they're a good roleplayer and have a solid concept I'm totally down for) but given that the other 3 players are pretty powerful classes (there's another 2 players who are likely to roll either initiators or 1 - 6 casters), I'm thinking of giving them a bit of a boost.

I was thinking of giving them 3 - 4 Gestalt points from the following:

docs.google.com/document/d/1cx6Q2UTfL9yR1Zbh8uy7ZFYzql6ZFDTppZ8AdeeNsbw/edit#

Would this be enough to bring them roughly in line? Assume they don't just blow it on shitty features.

Can rust monsters eat mithril and adamantine?

Stalkers are already on part with other initiators, he shouldn't need a boost, particularly if he decides become a Strength stalker.

At most I would suggest 1 point.

>Stalkers are already on part with other initiators, he shouldn't need a boost, particularly if he decides become a Strength stalker.

Sorry I meant Stalker Vigilante not the Stalker initiator. If they were going a Stalker initiator they'd be fine.

I would say two points would be enough even then.

Which apps do you like the most?

To be fair, he might have meant something else but got it wordfiltered to desu. Like how the first three letters of family filter to senpai, senpai.

If you used something that got wordfiltered, you deserve to be mocked.

We both know that's exactly what he was referring to, don't play coy.

I like Felix and Ol' Grey Charlemagne. Cha'd is also good, but I think it's a joke app.

This is a totally lame answer, but the humble Cure Light Wounds wand.

Mainly because I refluffed it as a syringe and told the rest of the party "you get shot, you get this shot". I was an Alchemist.

What do you mean?

>Wizard Tower already has Double in it as one of the players

Fucking dropped.

>I like Felix
Can I ask why?

How do I get into this? I bought the manual and it's awesome and I make characters all the time, but I have no friends at all. I haven't had a single friend in 10 years.

Who?

What's wrong with Double?

Perhaps I should be more specific. I like Felix's character concept, but Broodie really should finish his backstory.

Doubleaction, aka one of the most insufferable people known to man. Egotistic, arrogant, full of piss and with as much desire to interact with the rest of the party as a rock does learning astrophysics. Don't app to Wizard Tower, just save your time and watch anime or play some vidya.

>I like Felix's character concept
I think it would have been better if Broodie could have diverted from the yandere trope by even a single degree. As it stands you don't need to do anything but read 1 or 2 sentences of what he has written, then look at the character art, and you know everything about the character that you need to know.

His character art is from Kado, user.
Y-You really didn't see it?
Good for you.

For real?
Damn. So much for that game.

Are there any guidelines for how many HD a monster should gain if it goes up a size? Looking to use something that gets bigger based on the HD of other creatures it consumes, but I doubt it's supposed to directly add those HD to itself.

So much for it. I'm guessing they got in via being a friend of Jane D.'s, aka /Nepotism/, or the worst thing to happen to /pfg/ since RotJR

Generally going up a size doesn't increase a creature's HD, if anything it's the other way around based on stuff like dragons. You might have to just wing it though.

Apply to games on the internet.

I'd use the true dragons as a template:
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/

How would you build an effective Spheres of Might Scholar?

Shame, I liked the premise and the fact the GM seemed to have things planned out.

Take the scholar knacks for an animal companion that has Familiar archetypes, then stack the Martial Companion archetype on top of it. After that, by level 6, grab the knack that lets you use INT to attack and grants a 1/4th level bonus to hit when doing so, then grab a Material Imposition that upgrades your flashbang damage when used, get a talent that lets you regain Martial Focus as a move action.

Trust me, you don't wanna play with Doubleaction.

So about 4 HD per size increase, seems reasonable. Thanks.

Got a source to cite there?

You do realize that with the amount of detail you're going into, they're going to trace it back to you. Why not come clean about who you are if you feel so strongly about it rather than shitting up the thread with your internal drama?

Oh, I believe you. It still sucks.
Guess it's back to the land of no games.

Ask anybody in Dragons 2 or Overlewd, the two games Double got in.

>amount of detail you're going into

nice meme

user, anybody who has ever interacted with Doubleaction for more than five minutes could glean as much info. Nobody's outing themselves by saying water's wet.

I've played with double and their BFF, tower's GM.

They're bad.

Really bad.

Notice how when one gets a game, the other one always gets a guaranteed slot?

I've long suspected they were both insufferable just from the apps they write. Glad to know I was right about them.

>all this samefagging at work just to smear another person with a name

>Anybody who thinks a shitter is a shitter must be the same person

Really though, double's not the worst, Wizard Tower's GM is terrible.

as in "Can't keep IC disagreements from souring OOC relationships and can't keep OOC disagreements out of IC" bad.

Given the lengths of time between posts, and the very clear similarities in writing-style? I'm going to say yeah, samefagging.

Sorry, it isn't.

>I'm an internet detective and can tell that it's the same person because they're both typing in English
Fuck off, Doubleaction.

Oh boy, we've progressed to this stage of the disease already?

That bad? I heard bad things about him but this is on another level.

>and the very clear similarities in writing-style
Do you think you're Sherlock Holmes or something?

That's not the worst, but I can't say further because it would identify me.

How about you fuck off, Rory?

The fact that you're such a twat that the very idea that somebody thinks you're a twat sends you into a tizzy that ends with you assuming that anybody who doesn't like you is one troll.

Source:

Go to hell, Broodie!

Fuck off, Sleep.

That's enough for me to not apply. Hopefully nobody suffers through that game.

You realize that the amount of people your shit posting can be from is very limited? Seeing as Wizard Tower DM has only played in one /pfg/ game for more than a session, Overlewd, which doubleaction is also in. So you're outing yourself as not only being from Overlewd and stirring thread drama, but most likely you're from the Wednesday group.

I don't get it, even if this post was 100% true, you're basically making your group look like shit, and your DM look like shit for continuing to run for people who blatantly shit talk in the thread. So who in Wednesday group is a notorious shitter, notorious thread shit poster and all around piece of shit? Oh right, Centarius.

Fuck off, fag.

Your taste is terrible and your sense of aesthetics is at least two decades behind the times.

this whole: "Oh man they suck" "Really my dude?" "Oh yeah they sure do man" "Oh that's too bad" "Oh yeah tell me about it my man" "Oh well guess it's okay" "Yeah man just don't play with [PLAYERNAME]" "Oh okay bro I won't, thanks" "No problem buddy"

is the most bald-faced samefagging i have ever seen in a long ass time.

OH NO! I'M BEING OUTED AND NOW TWO INSUFFERABLE CUNTS WON'T PLAY WITH ME! WOE IS ME!
Get fucked.

>two people having a conversation is samefagging

Jane confirmed.

>your sense of aesthetics
Oh my fucking Lord watching you flail at imaginary enemies is hilarious, shitposter.