Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Best Legion Edition

Old: >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-matched-play-updates-nov-22gw-homepage-post-3/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=1RnhihILJXo

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there are people in this thread that will argue Primaris won't replace the entire SM range within the next 5-7 years

How do we fix the Necrons?

No airlines when?!

How do you deal wounds against mixed toughness units?

That's a Malifaux mini isn't it?

Sisters are much more than that

I'll give it to you in bite sizes.

>SoB are literally the "star system" cops of 40k

>SoB are one of the few factions that literally go out of their way to do everyday Heroics.

>SoB are extremely independent when you consider the reach of the church.

>SoB is an extension the church, arguably one of the main pillars of 40k, another Pillar of 40k is WAR, which the church wages through SoB.

>One of the most iconic art-pieces in the entire scifi world. Try showing some official GW SoB art to someone completely new to 40k. Everyone should experience this reaction once.

>Celestine while "soup" in TT, is the pinnacle of SoB in the fluff. Celestine is right up there with the Rowboat as a great mover and shaker of the events that shape the whole setting.

>Bonus; when you think of "Heresy and burning" your mind will eventually drift to SoB. That's not a mistake. That's intentional.

>SoB are arguably one of the last bastion of old rugged GOTHIC 40k. Where other themes in 40k has been modernized and made "sci-fi friendly" SoB stands out being extremely hostile, chauvinistic leering priests, outdated morals, and 100% GOTHIC 40k armour and concepts.

In this day and age of Primaris and sensible Black Library books there's nothing more WARHAMMER than Sisters of battle.

In many ways they are carrying the "GRIM" of 40k on their backs ALONE.

Where other factions speak of immense arbitrary suffering of galactic George Lucas Star Wars proportions Sister of Battle exemplifies real grim darkness in the modern 40k hobby experience.

Bruh. Look at this dood... Wait till you see the ph- huhu, ohnononono, OHOHO, wuuuuuUUUUUUUUH-

PFFFHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
AH, LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

LOOK AT HIS L I P S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *inhales* HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

>Best Legion Edition
Awoo

Whoa! Is that a conversion?

There are no mixed toughness units in the game to my knowledge.

>Rolls of 6+ to wound for Gauss weapons instead give mortal wounds

There, done.

Deathwatch.

Majority toughness, unit's owner breaks a tie.

>Whole army generates massed mortal wounds
>Malefic Lords are currently a problem

In short - no.

Are deathwatch bikers that join the basic troops squad not T5?

So if I was to convert a Farseer Skyrunner for -1CP to lead my Dark Eldar army 'cause we kinda need that Doom, can units in Aux detachments take Craftworld Attributes and am I forced to use Eldar tactical objectives if he's my Warlord?

Was going to try and mimic high-Turn PfP with my build, so Saim-Hann tactics for Reroll Charge and Fate's Messenger for 6+++. Fluff is the leader of my Kabal of the Raven's Eye has his own custom jetbike laden with bones and trophies from his first kill in numerous battles, and an unerring eye for judging who to focus fire on first. I'm only allowing him to cast Doom, though. Throwing out psychic blasts or Mind War isn't very Dark Eldar.

Is that your interpretation or does it have a ruling somewhere?

>*teleports behind you*
>"Nothing personal, kid."

When will GW make the Royal Wedding event?

N-No they wont. My uncle works at GW and he told me the Primaris are going to turn evil and the marinelets will lead us to victory.

Make it not apply vs infantry then.

Orkz got a stratagem leaked that allows it

It's not ruled on, just a precedent from 7th that still makes sense.

You guys are correct - I hadn't read through the KT rules.

I wouldn't care one bit if the primaris actually developed all of the eccentricities of manlet marine geneseeds. But the perfection they supposedly have is very off-putting.

It is part of a rule included with the DW kill team, called "mixed unit" in Index 1

The fuck is with his tiny hand?

Actually it 100% spells out in the DWKT rules how to handle it (and the linked post is correct, majority, tie is decided by unit owner).

See

Just take an hq detachment with farseer and 2 spiritseer

Take the 3rd Ed. Codex. Make it fit into 8th. Done.

a Loverfist

6 = mortal wound vs tanks would be neat

"leave the tau to me"

*dies*

Would ideally like to keep soup levels to a minimum while keeping the Farseer in, and paying 1CP seems fairer to me than just throwing in whatever I want and getting bonuses. I wanted a fluffy decent Warlord anyway, so this is about as far as I'd like to go.

Shadowsun recognised something was wrong from the lack of smell....

What do Ethereals smell like?

Who cares if they do?

You know that crusty, musty smell of old people....?

>

Thanks guys

>There are conspiracy theorists in this thread dumb enough to think space marines will be squatted

Yes they can take traits not sure on the tactical objectives, never play with them.

>When it comes to personality, accomplishments, and overall leadership, Calgar and Dante are actually eerily similar, responsible acts of feats that would be considered impossible by most Space Marines.
>Both in their own right would be considered living legends, true sons of their Primarch
>I still think Dante is hella cool while I feel little about Calgar
What's wrong with me? I realize my bias, yet I can't over the fact that I just prefer Dante over Calgar. It is the speeches?

Hi, so I’m new to the hobby and I just bought the following:

-start collecting
-ravager
-kabalites
-venom
-scourges x2

I thought drukhari were cool (scourges looked awesome, and I like the whole space pirate vibe). I just don’t know the best way to load these boys out.

They're already getting pushed out in the fluff. In-setting, it makes no sense to produce marinelets anymore - especially if you're a Chapter like the Scythes. And it's the easy way for GW to force Marine players to buy new armies instead of just sitting on the huge collections they've had for years - phase them out, slowly enough to not start a panic. Old marines are going to slowly, but surely, be replaced in the lore and on the shelves.

What's your backlog like Veeky Forums?

Just got my shadowsword in the mail, need to start my basilisk and got a Manticore, primaries psyker and an engiseer on the way

>A unit of 20 warriors and a Lord with the relic
Warriors do 2.78 damage plus 5.56 mortals for 8.34 total against a Leman Russ in one phase turn one

Buy ynnead set, and run Ynnari. Pure DE wont get you anywhere.

>Ravagers
All Dark Lances - they'll form the bulk of your Anti-Armor/Monster loadout. They're cost effective and deal damage well.

>Kabalite Warriors
I like cheap 5 man warriors in Venoms with 1 Splinter Cannon, 1 Twin Splinter Rifle. They're fairly cheap (115 for whole set up) and you can spam them to move quickly and handle most forms of infantry.

>Scourges
Usually depends on what you do with warriors - if you equip your warriors to be anti infantry then you'll probably go for blasters or maybe lances to bolster your AT.

You'd be trading 2 cp and losing strategems also traits iirc.

If you don't care about the trait for one dude you can just take him in the deldar detachment.

Excellent. TacOs I'm not too fussed about, but it's nice to not randomly have major army figures without their Army Rules or equivalent. Now I just have to figure out how to make him a custom bike worth a damn.

>krieg infantry squad + heavy weapons squad
>10 stormtroopers
>deathwatch squad

Dark lances are actually quite viable now with only -1 to hit, I got mine with heat lances for suicide squads tho

>'lol don't play DE, use stupid fucking gimmick army instead!'

That's you. That's what you sound like.

Good. We're talking about how to fix necrons.

no, that would be these

what are their stats vs normal lances?

Very nice choices. Your opponent can say goodbye to his tanks if you equip the Scourges with Dark Lances and park them in cover. They should snipe a decent amount of wounds off every turn.
Don't listen to this retard:. DE are solid middle of the pack and can be menacing as fuck in the right hands.

>What's your backlog like Veeky Forums?
Dont remind me.
>TFW most of my GK infantry is only basecoated, still need to shade and highlight my Stormraven and the Sponson Weapons for my Land Raider
>TFW need to paint an entire 2k point Mantis Warrior army, all I've painted up till now is 5 marines and half a razorback
> TFW My nid army was actually pretty far along in 7th, but then I changed up my whole list for 8th, so now I need to paint 30 gaunts, 20 genestealers, a random assortement of new monsters, and I still need to buy 2 carnifexes and a new Hive Tyrant to complete the list for 2k games

Life is pain, bro.

Any ideas for bits to use for a rhino primaris?

Would a big radar dish be enough?

>"muh conspiracy!"

Ynnari have been nerfed to the ground.

Don't forget about the half-naked women with giant chainswords.

What about trueborn? Their stat sheet makes them look pretty good, especially with blasters

They're identical, they're fantastic on ravagers because they become assault.

Well, not too worried about CP or strats, since I don't really have a huge amount of uses for either with only one Eldar unit and Command Re-Roll for Deldar. Guess I can just stick him in there, though. Used to not mixing detachments. Ty.

....the fuck you talking about? Normal lances? Have you read the index?

>top tier for just long enough to sell off the new stock

Who could've guessed?

This is incorrect. I play Ynnari and I've played 3 games since the change and still haven't lost one.

Yeah Trueborn with blasters are a solid addition, good unit to add to a venom to roll around with. I don't normally go for them because I find myself points shy by the time I get to them but they're a fine unit.

>Identical
Nigger, what?
Heat Lance: Assault 1 Range 18, S6 AP-5 D6 damage, when within half range roll 2d6 for damage and take the highest.

Dark Lance: Heavy 1 Range 36 S8 AP-4 D6 damage. They become Assault weapons on Vehicles.

Not for Eldar, hence why I'm asking, mong.

>having krieg

Gives monies pls richy

I thought he was asking about the difference between a bright and dark lance.

A lot, I'm behind by about two years for health reasons. I buy myself things to try and distract myself and cheer up and fall even further behind.

>pictured is two warhounds, there's a third half painted one behind me and a half assembled and painted warlord elsewhere
>about 5000 points of taghmata
>conservative estimate of 5000 points of raven wing, 2000 death wing and maybe 4000 standard dark angel
>death watch task force, land raider x2, corvus flyer x2
>11 imperial knights, one of each of the battle line detachments they did a while ago, all in various stages of assembly
>8000 points of tau

I just started a small death guard army to try and snap myself out of it with a fresh start and rekindle my enjoyment, I think if I can manage to do this and start playing games for once I'll get somewhere.
>already going wrong because I've got a mastadon on the way for the DG

Well when you play against brain dead new players i bet i could win 3 games with them as well.

2 Rhinos 2 Drop pods 1 Death Company Squad 1 Assault Squad and i need to purchase another Rhino and a bunch of bitz to kitbash my Captain. I hope one day Aphael gets rules.

Last 3 games:

Assassin + Trio List - Effectively the list that won wargames con

Bobby G + Razorbacks and Stormraven

New bugs

Our new Codex shall be glorious !

I recommend one large dish/reflector for orbital communication and a few antenna for local communication. And I recommend you do that instead of buying the GW kit because GOOD GOD the Aquila spam is just insane on that kit. I count T H I R T E E N aquilas in that image and that's before considering the rear and left sides of the tank.

It litearlly just going to be the Space Marine Codex with our special units and Chapter Tactic, which will be +1 to advance and charges and something else, And WT and Relics thats all. probably wont even buff anything since we are already strong cause we are marines.

God damn, you have 3 warhounds, one half painted and a half built warlord?

Finish that warlord man, post updates to /wip/ and shit hopefully their words of encouragement can get you back on track.

And stop buying forgeworld with so much unfinished.

This is Dante's new theme song.

>youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU

>tfw my steam is mongman

And listen here nigger there isn't any 'normal' lances it's heat, bright or dark

Buy some varied width plasticard tubes and rods, build yourself an antennae array, add a couple of radar dishes to it and you're good.

We will get cost reduction for our unique units.

You should see what I spend on my dice...

And 40k isn't even close to my most expensive hobby

So if I threw all the warriors in the raider and get another venom and run two blaster venoms, what do I do with the archon and the birdbois?

I'm not sure, guys. I don't think it's quite imperial enough!

If you die can I have your titans bro

What is?

Why would they? People would end up buying them instead of Primaris.

Basecoat is better then 'assembled' at least

My Orks are mostly done but I've got lot's to do for my DG, working on a Helbrute for them right now.

>tfw you're black and someone calls you "nigger"

That's racist.

Melee Guard is best Guard !

Like mind control

>Basecoat is better then 'assembled' at least
The thing is, its about 25 Terminators, plus another 20 PAGKs, all have the base colors on them and shit, but I just cant make myself sit down and actually start shading, layering and highlighting them.

Unfortunately Archons have fallen pretty hard this edition and have become nothing more than leadership sticks with a Blaster. Even a Haemonculus is better at fighting in CC than an Archon. I can't even recall the last time I haven't failed my Archon's 2++ against the first shooting attack against him. Usually people take 9 Kabalites and stick him in the Raider with that squad. Or you can just keep him on the ground in the back to protect Scourges/deny deepstrikes.

This.

some 700 or so points of Orks, whatever amount of points of Custodes & SoS that come in the Talons box, some Eldar and some Spess Mehreens, some 2000 points of Fantasy Wood Elves and some 2000 points of Fantasy Orcs & Goblins
oh and.. like 10 Sisters of Battle miniatures and other small bundles of guys