Game Finder: Thanksgiving Edition

>Player/GM
>System(s)
>Timezone/Schedule
>Text or Voice
>Contact
>Other Info

Which campaign are you thankful for Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2zVKuHe
docs.google.com/document/d/1TvlN-airjFjDAgZsW4bKAGq869lOtfSRB4N0VSMh-68/edit
discord.gg/PUgJe95
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game
timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20171130T170000&p1=259&p2=tz_et&p3=tz_ct&p4=tz_pt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>System/Setting
Old World of Darkness (VtM in a cyberpunk setting)
Twilight 2013 (Twilight 2000 setting)

>Time Availability
Pacific Standard Time, Tuesdays all day after 11AM, any other day after 10PM PST. Possibly some other days, but schedule is sporadic.

>Text or Voice
Text

>Contact Information
Kase#6787 on Discord

>Additional Information
Come on get you some games. Recruiting for both. DM me for more deets. Can do a West Marches style game with sufficient interest.

Bump.

>campaigns
>ever
nice joke

I'm looking for some fresh blood for a game. I'll take noobies or anybody

Maybe use the format? System, schedule, contact info?

>>Player/GM
GM
>>System(s)
AD&D
>>Timezone/Schedule
PST/ mondays and Saturdays at 4pm
>>Text or Voice
Voice
>>Contact
Hog Rider#0018
>>Other Info
Dungeon caused a gold rush for a town. Delve deep into a dungeon to get rich and while using your head to get out of sticky situations.

Probably not quite the right thread and I'm not looking for a game here, but I usually post in other boards and occasionally browse here and am wondering how to actually get into Tabletop/RPGs. I went to PAX Unplugged with a friend who lives on the other side of the country, and it was great, but now he's gone until next April and I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm kinda retarded so I'm scared to look like a dumb fuck in front of strangers, so I'm not sure.

pick a game that interests you and read the rulebook

Im willing to help you learn how to play the system i'm hosting. Everybody is pretty kind and i'm willing to help you out.

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Shadowrun 5e
Dnd 5e
>Timezone/Schedule
UTC-3 but can adapt to any timezone
>Text or Voice
fine with either
>Contact
laughing hieroglyphic#4533 on discord
>Other Info
Ideally trying to find a shadowrun 5e game thats newbie friendly, ive done a lot of reading and im familiar with most of the rules but i havent had a chance to play yet

Bump.

Bump

>GM
>System
Starfinder
>Setting
1900AD +/- a few decades, in space (limited historical accuracy)
>Timezone
UTC+1/Budapest time
>Schedule
14/16-22/24 daily, whenever everyone is on
>Text
>Contact
asdguy00#2012 on discord

Rules light, fluctuating seriousness, theater of the mind style

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Black Crusade, Exalted, Apocalypse World, WoD, and others.
>Timezone/Schedule
Anytime for solo PbP games, otherwise anytime Friday or Saturday, or after 6 PM EST any other day.
>Text or Voice
Both.
>Contact
Adorjan#7981
>Other Info
I like to roleplay. My primary concern is telling a story. Running a game is a lot of work- GMs usually have an idea of what it is they want to see in their game. I like to create a character that fits into what you have in mind.

Recently, I've been very interested in playing Black Crusade. Exalted, Apocalypse World, and WoD are also among my favorites. I'm open to other games if you have something specific in mind that you want to run. I'm pretty open-minded.

I'm interested in both solo and group games. If you have something you don't think would work for a whole group or you have a tough time finding a full group of good roleplayers, I'm more than happy to play. Otherwise I'm fine with joining a new group or an existing campaign that needs a player. I'm cool with both text and voice.

I will invite you to my WoD group if you accept being my internet boyfriend.

Why not use a system besides Starfinder?

You're planning to play every day? Also, I really wouldn't call Starfinder "rules light".

I don't currently have any other spacey system at hand but am open to suggestions. Just thought about running a space campaign and grabbed it from the folder
The optimal scenario is daily, but so far it has been usually every 2-3 days as per availability of everyone
And i simplify it myself, mostly winging it and avoiding tedium, same with 5e. There aren't usually many rolls involved

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Magical burst or princess: the hopeful
>Timezone/Schedule
Central standard time, 12 noon to 12 midnight
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact
Discord is Nicole.graf #1097
>Other Info
Thats it really. No ERP I guess?

Traveller seems like it'd be right up your alley. Give it a look.

>Nicole.graf
fuck off

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Open to anything, D&D, Pathfinder, Cthulhu, etc.
>Timezone/Schedule
CST, weekends work best, though weekdays are also fine so long as they're in the later evening. 8pm onwards etc.
>Text or Voice
Voice preferably. Sitting in a roll20 game with no one talking is incredibly dull.
>Contact
discord: louie#6858
>Other Info
I like roleplaying somewhat more than repetitive combat, so story focused campaigns that aren't railroads of boss fights are my jam.

>No ERP
Damn.......

>Player/GM
GM
>System(s)
Savage Worlds
>Timezone/Schedule
Sundays 7pm EST
>Text or Voice
Mostly text, some voice for OOC
>Contact
damascusxie#5641
>Other Info
Criminals in a somewhat hard-scifi colonial setting. Space + gangs.

Should I just change my discord so this isn't a problem?

>Player/GM
Player.
>System(s)
Kamigakari, Ryuutama, weeb systems in general.
>Timezone/Schedule
UTC+1. Fine with anything in the evening on weekdays (with the exception of wednesdays), or fridays and saturdays.
>Text or Voice
Text preferred for IC stuff, but I'm fine with voice OOC.
>Contact
Magilou#5085
>Other Info
Nothing in particular, just wanna find a game.

Are you a swiss figure skater?

huh?

Bump.

Would you be interested in a magical girl roleplay, or is that not your kind of anime?

I'm interested in checking it out at the very least, though I'd have to learn the system since I've never played any magical girl system. I've definitely thought about playin' a magical girl TTRPG before.

Well, both the games I mentioned are free to download. Princess the hopeful is a chronicles of darkness fangame and magical burst seems to use its own system. Contact me so we can keep in touch on the off chance we can get something going at nicole.graf#1097

>Player/GM
GM

>System(s)
Homebrew d20 / hexcrawl

>Timezone/Schedule
-8 GMT/Pacific Time Zone / West Coast USA

Due to how the campaign is run ("sessions" with each group are briefer than normal, its mainly focused on brainstorming several actions for one turn), schedule is very flexible. Main days are monday & tuesday anytime, wednesday mornings/daytime, thursday before night, and the weekends.

>Text or Voice
Text, but open to have voice if you or your group would like that.

>Contact
PM me on discord. stonedteatime#6173

>Other Info

This is a rules-lite, narrative focused sci-fi mecha RPG run/inspired by West Marches/hexcrawl campaigns. There will be several groups of players (2 rn, 1 is full and looking to fill at least one more to start) and eah group will have their own session.

Each player will have control of a unit of mecha/soldiers, and each player will coordinate with their group and sometimes, with the other player groups as apart of a coalition in the world I built.

More interested on what the players want to do and their plans and how they choose to interact w/ other units than crunch, which I will be handling the vast majority of the time. Hope this seems interesting!

Bump

bump-a-rump

We have a Gamefinder Discord if anyone is interested.
discord.gg/2zVKuHe

Advertise for your game that you can never get players for, or state your player status to lure those lazy gm's out of the dark to cater to your needs

do you want to erp??

Not sure if you are trolling or just dumb. No either way

Fuck off. All the discord does is suck attention away from these threads.

>Player/GM
A GM that GM'd a whole game which ran for about 6 months, give or take. Looking for players who either want to start tabletopping using a simple enough system, or just any players in general if they're willing to do some sort-of serious RP.
>System
A heavily modified LISA: The Tabletop system which I'm still working on (shit GM, I know), but it's pretty playable as of now. More technical than D&D, but still leaves freedom for custom skills and some other things. RPing is on Discord. Here's the system:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TvlN-airjFjDAgZsW4bKAGq869lOtfSRB4N0VSMh-68/edit
>Timezone/Schedule
Since I have a fucked up sleep schedule, it usually starts around 9 PM CET, give or take. Some games last until 4 AM. Only playing on Fridays and Saturdays.
>Text or Voice
Text, however there's a music channel, sometimes with edited tracks, and sometimes (but rarely) with custom-made music by me.
>Contact
Dracula Nation#8153 on Discord
>Other Info
It's an edgy WWII-like crackfic of Hyperdimension Neptunia which has very little to do with the actual game. It was literally memed into existence by my buddies. You're most likely gonna be playing as an anime grill, but you can also play as other characters (if they fit, they fit and I wouldn't complain).

>>Player/GM
Player
>>System(s)
Would prefer a WH40k game, but at this point I just need to cure my boredom, so anything is fine
>>Timezone/Schedule
CST, can do Sundays or Saturdays
>>Text or Voice
Either
>>Contact
Tsar Nicholas II of Russia#5875 on discord
>>Other Info
I am hungry

>Tsar Nicholas II of Russia#5875
Spend less on WW1

Fuck off

At least I don't do WW2

>Player/GM
Player

>System(s)
Pathfinder, 5th Ed.

>Timezone/Schedule
I work, so weekends EST.

>Text or Voice
Either.

>Contact

Timrod#4574

>Other Info

I used to be a PFS GM. I quit because most of the players moved away and the people that were left expected me to GM constantly while never getting to play. The one time I got to play this year was a shitty Paizo module where the GM was actively cheating so I would leave. I'm just looking for something to replace that.

>It's an edgy WWII-like crackfic of Hyperdimension Neptunia which has very little to do with the actual game. It was literally memed into existence by my buddies. You're most likely gonna be playing as an anime grill, but you can also play as other characters

>It's an edgy WWII-like crackfic of Hyperdimension Neptunia which has very little to do with the actual game. It was literally memed into existence by my buddies. You're most likely gonna be playing as an anime grill, but you can also play as other characters (if they fit, they fit and I wouldn't complain).

are you a girl? ;)

>Player/GM
Neither. See other info.

>System(s)
Anything is okay. Bonus points if you happen to be running cyberpunk 2020 though!

>Timezone/Schedule
I have a very flexible schedule, just let me know when you're having a session and I'll be there

>Text or Voice
Voice is preferable but either works

>Contact

>Other Info
I'd like to observe an ERP game. I don't really want to play in one but I've always been fascinated by the idea and want to see one in motion. I could occasionally play an NPC for you every now and then but I don't want to be involved in the actual ERP scenes taking place.

>Player/GM
player
>System(s)
D&D/40kRpg
>Timezone/Schedule
Honolulu standard
>Text or Voice
text
>Contact
Eärendil#9067 on discord
>Other Info
extraordinarily autistic

bump

what

>>Player/GM
Player
>>System(s)
Anything
>>Timezone/Schedule
Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays
>>Text or Voice
Voice
>>Contact
[email protected]
Kyllorath#3450
>>Other Info
I'm new to all these things, if you allow me to play in your games, I need time to read the rules.

>voice ERP

SHEEEEIIIIIIIT

>Which campaign are you thankful for Veeky Forums?

None of them. And all of them.
My very first time of playing a game was a campaign of Rogue Trader I have picked up here.

We didn't pan out, as the GM and the group had very different attitude, and playstyle for the campaign than I did, but they were a bunch of cool guys, and this gave me the idea of how online sessions go, and gave me the courage to start seeking out other games.

So none of the games I picked up here (all two of them) panned out too well, but I can lead back all my actual gaming here.

seems cool, is it full yet?

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Most systems - Got rulebooks for SR5, all the WH40k RPGs and played a fair bit of Pathfinder. Up for trying new systems.
>Timezone/Schedule
UTC+1 - Avaliable all days except sunday from around 6pm till midnight UTC
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact
Riterew#7862 on Discord
>Other Info
Starved for games and I'm up for anything. Willing to dedicate time and effort to campaigns, and I'll work with anything the GM wants to do in terms of story or character development.

bump

>Player/GM
GM looking for players
>System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone/Schedule
UCT+9:30 Australian Central time
>Text or Voice
Both
>Contact
discord.gg/PUgJe95 Waiting room server
>Other Info
Voice chat for RP and descriptions, Text for dice rolling and down time activities like crafting ect.

What day?

>Player/GM
GM
>System(s)
Risus+
>Timezone/Schedule
See below
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact
louie#0197
>Other Info
We're running a play by post game on discord. You will be given x in game hours to spend each week and may post at anytime.
The campaign is a slight rip of the latest fate stay anime in that you're a summoned hero on a team against other heros.
Both teams will be played by pcs. My goal is 4v4 but you're allowed to play solo if you really want to.

Discord doesn't work.

The Gamefinder Discord is truly a den of cancer and nobody ever playing.

I wonder if that's actually the correct length for that monstrosity.

>It's another holy grail war pvp game episode

>Player/GM
GM

>System
JUGGERNAUT (a Great War era adaptation of Stars Without Number)

>Time available (Incl. Timezone)
Session's on Saturday mornings, 1000-1400 EST

>Voice or Text
Text

>Method of playing (Roll20, IRC, Skype)
Roll20 IC, Discord OOC

>Contact info
Arcosion#3546

>Additional information
The players are a group of down-on-their-luck 'employees' hired by a mysterious benefactor and given a rickety airship in order to find the Fountain of Youth in not!Europe. The party includes an adacious thief with a stutter, a dashing mercenary airman, an Iberian refugee noblewoman, and a dorky young naturalist. The campaign is centered in not!France (Gaule) right now. So far, we've seen an exploding airship base, library investigations, multiple altercations with Prussian spies, and a high-energy escape from the grips of a not!Spanish ex-noble sky pirate. I'm looking for a player #5 for the group.

bump

>when user isn't talking about FUDGE

bump!

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
DnD 5e
>Timezone/Schedule
CST, pretty flexible but would prefer the weekends to play
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact
Researcher Jake #8016
>Other Info
Would prefer if you allowed the more crazier races in your game, but hey, you’re the dm.
Also, noobish at DnD

>Player/GM
Player

>System(s)
AdEva 2.5/3.0

>Timezone/Schedule
EST. I can't give you any definite days, since I work a very flexible schedule. Should be able to play pretty much any time after 8PM though.

>Text or Voice
Either at this point, honestly.

>Other Info
I know AdEva isn't everyone's favorite system, but I'd like to give it a try.

>Player/GM
Player

>System(s)
Shadowrun 5e
Dark Heresy 2e
Black Crusade

>Timezone/Schedule
UTC+10, Thursday-Sunday are generally easier for me to work with other timezones.

>Text or Voice
Both are good.

>Contact
Discord: Nero #8590

>Other Info
Mainly looking for a DH2e game.

>Player/GM
GM
>System(s)
Kamigakari
>Timezone/Schedule
UTC+1, Weekdays in the afternoons or evenings are manageable with the exception of wednesdays, as well as saturday. Already have one player, and one that's heavily interested in joining.
>Text or Voice
Text. Maybe voice for OoC.
>Contact
Sporelittle#4591
>Other Info
First time GMing a game ever, so don't keep your hopes up too high. Otherwise, hoping to run a fairly non-serious campaign, maybe set in a monster highschool, but I'm up for suggestions from players.

oh damn is that not an appealing game style?
I'm open to any feedback because I am having a hard time motivating the people I do have on board.

>Player/GM
GM looking for 1 or 2 more players

>System(s)
Infinity

>Timezone/Schedule
Thursdays, 6PM, GMT+1, every other week.
Date of the week that we play on might change depending on player needs but unless the game start is delayed until early 2018 expect a weekday slot.

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact
Musclewizard#4907 on discord

>Other Info
I'd like to talk / chat with you first, get to know you and so on so don't just add me expecting an invite.

>oh damn is that not an appealing game style?
No shit, my dude.

PvP heavy campaigns are almost always garbage by virtue of the psychology they breed. Not only that, but you're looking at eight players, which is a heavy number. I don't feel like going into too many details, as I could be here all night. But basically, this is your fight to lose.

>Player
>System(s): Rocket Age
>Timezone/Schedule: EST, night or weekends is best
>Text preferred
>King Spandex#9493 on Discord
>Saw the game, fell in love with the Zeerust aesthetic, live in bumfuck nowhere in the Georgia mountains so there's nobody who actually knows the system.

i mean its a sandbox game where each team can go about the campaign as they choose.

There's an overarching story and a big bad that grants you the win if your team finds him first.

My intention was all the fun of a regular campaign combined with the competitive thrill of facing human opponents instead of just whatever i can think up.

Why are pvp campaigns normally trash?

>that timeozne
Dang. Good luck.

>Text or Voice
Posting to let you know that I play on IRC. Anybody else not use dis cord?

I don't even use IRC myself but I'd rather be forced to use that than to use Discord.

>Play by post
>Sandbox game
>Competitive / PvP

Okay, so what I get from your game is that it's going to be very slow paced. Directionless due to its sandbox nature (Very few GMs can make a sandbox game non-floundering) and it's going to bring out the worst in your players.

See, PvP games are inherently trash because nobody likes to lose. You won't see any sportsmanship in them, like you hoped for. You're just gonna see people gaming every little advantage they can.

>Player/GM
Player, or GM for ICRPG
>System(s)
Legend of the Five Rings / L5R, Shadowrun
>Timezone/Schedule
EST (+5 UTC) flexible
>Text or Voice
Text via IRC
>Contact
irc.darkmyst.org #darkmyst
>Other Info
Would love to play and try lots of things like Dungeon World/PbtA, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Basic Fantasy, FATE, Blades in the Dark, Swords & Wizardry, Microscope, Mouse Guard, One Roll Engine, Torchbearer

Theme ideas:
Pokémon / Digimon
Tolkien / The One Ring / AiMe
Star Trek
EarthBound
or Imagine a Planescape world like Captain N

>not rizon
pass

>Player/GM
Player.

>System(s)
Black Crusade, Dark Heresy, Only War, 5e, Traveler, but looking for others too.

>Timezone/Schedule
No games on Sunday, however most other nights after 5pm EST are fine for me.

>Text or Voice
Both and have no preference for either.

>Contact
lizard folk#2960

>Other Info
I've only played Dark Heresy 2e once but I'm huge into Warhammer and would love to try out any of the three RPGS I mentioned (Deathwatch is okay too), besides 40k however I'm mostly looking to find myself maybe in a low-fantasy game, maybe something that has something in common with say Monster Hunter?

Game is full now. Hopefully anybody else who was interested has good luck finding another Kamigakari campaign.

>Player/GM
Posting for players and GM
>System(s)
BRUTAL
>Timezone/Schedule
430PST
>Text or Voice
Roll20
Discord
>Contact
Discord: droog#4487
>Other Info
We are running a hexcrawl using BRUTAL system. Message me on discord for more!

>fate-esque game
>sandbox
>play by post
>PvP
>not a master/magus
So close, yet so far.

That would require finding someone running in a better timezone.

Is it reasonably plausible to get functional and socially capable adults from these threads? If not, where should I go?

You know, I joined a game that's been going on for two years, and it's really slow, but I think I lucked out in that everyone's over 25 years old, well-adjusted, and we get along fine.

I have found that this is the minority of games found here. But most GMs who recruit from here -DO- find fully functioning groups which is why they're scarce.

I think we're mostly free of the few meme GMs who would just chew through players.

Players? Well, there's a lot of player lurkers. And a lot of them are bad. Conduct interviews if you're looking for players to weed out the flakes and wierdos.

Use gamefinder properly, and you shouldn't have an issue.

>Is it reasonably plausible to get functional and socially capable adults from these threads?
No.

>If not, where should I go?
Not in Veeky Forums, that's for sure.

>Player/GM
GM looking for 1 or 2 more players.

>System(s)
Infinity
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>Timezone/Schedule
6PM UTC+1, probably thursdays every 14 days. Date could change depending on player needs.
timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20171130T170000&p1=259&p2=tz_et&p3=tz_ct&p4=tz_pt

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact
Musclewizard#4907 on discord

>Other Info
Beginners welcome

Survive!

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Whatever really
Have played all sorts of stuff.
>Timezone/Schedule
UTC+10
>Text or Voice
Both are fine
>Contact
Ziprasidone#2885
>Other Info
I am bored out of my mind.

Anyone looking to GM Genesys once it releases? Looks like it could be fun.

>Player/GM
Player
>System(s)
Any (am abit of a noob though)
>Timezone/Schedule
GMT Mondays - Fridays after 6pm, all day on the weekend.
>Text or Voice
Any
>Contact
.nareiK#8241
>Other Info
please be patient I have noobtism

holy shit the memories

Do you still have room in that WoD group?