In your setting, the sun is an evil entity. It actively desires to kill all life. It has no ability to actually do so...

In your setting, the sun is an evil entity. It actively desires to kill all life. It has no ability to actually do so, being a ball of burning gas with no motile capabilities. The only way it really has of altering the world, besides occasionally belching a solar flare on accident, is by whispering to people.

The people it whispers to intrinsically know it is the sun, and the sun demands many things, promises many others, and threatens many more. Usually with the goal of mass death, or decadent sacrifices.

How bad does shit get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EZFKhbRMrnA
youtube.com/watch?v=CcuZD0A7RwM
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/54453838
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Op please, without the sun their would be no life.
Stop being a retard.

And the sun hates that life. Which is the premise of the thread.

There are probably some dramatic conflicts between the sun-whisper cultists and the various servants of the sun-god which seriously confuse everybody else.

>traditional sun god solaires
>wavy knife wielding sun sacrificers
I would like to think of them as rivals

That's not my setting.

to some extent I believe this is true, except it's the moon as well
the only thing stopping me from acting with it is that I'm self aware about it, and yet I can't shake the belief
help me

>t. vampire scum

I'm sure it's nothing, user. Just ignore them, maybe see a doctor.

Burn them all

The setting becomes considerably less grim as the eldritch god of light is diminished in power to a mere ball of burning gas

The sun is an Eldritch being. Eldritch beings in my setting represent nonexistence, another axis along with good/evil and law/chaos, which are tangible concepts, at least in the higher planes, and not just philosophical ones.

The sun is an entity that shines through a hole ripped in the wheel in Limbo. Many beings attribute the sun to Pelor but his portfolio is the light and not the actual sun.

These Eldritch beings are actually schizophrenic hallucinations by the creator of the universe, who slipped into a coma to protect herself from the horrors that seek to drive her to suicide. Hence why they represent existence/nonexistence and why they seem so otherworldly.

I guess the sun has a face and we just can't see it because it shines so bright. It's probably the biggest Eldritch creature but probably not the smartest, and probably is the hungriest and most base of all of them.

it's not as simple as that
the moon wants me to leave its mark wherever I can

He's right, that's a stupid idea.

Oil. What you're looking for is oil. The quintessence of death, billions of years of corpses boiling out of the ground, seeping into everything. Everything you touch is made of oil, powered by oil, or delivered to you by oil.

Oil funds empires, starts wars, fuels the weapons of war. Oil runs the world, we're just following it.

What does oil want with us?

>Someone else who has read Cyclonopedia.
Excellent taste, my friend. Also;

>What does oil want with us?
The Black Corpse Of The Sun seeks only our utter destruction, user. The annihilation of all society and civilization by oil-based warmachines, capitalism, and Jihad. The same goes for Dust as well.

It wants to live again. Through us, it can.

>In your setting, the sun is an evil entity. It actively desires to kill all life. It has no ability to actually do so, being a ball of burning gas with no motile capabilities

Spoiler for... Spoilers.

youtube.com/watch?v=EZFKhbRMrnA

What is its mark?

Don't fulfill your Kickstarter

THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUnTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUN
THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUN

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well. All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well. ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL SHALL BE WELL. ALL SHALL BE WELL. ALL SHALL BE WELL. SHALL BE WELL. SHALL BE WELL. SHALL BE WELL. SHALL BE WELL. NOT POSTPONED. NOT IN THE END. NOT FOR LONG.

The sun has been cursed by god to sustain life, it plans to eventually kill itself in vengeance

youtube.com/watch?v=CcuZD0A7RwM

fuck you, the sun.
Stop ruining my kickstarters.

I mean, the Judgments are evil in our eyes considering they consume our souls after we die, but really they just have a different morality we can't comprehend

Liberation of Night when

the sun is a 3 and the moon is a sad face

the sun is represented by three so the symbol came naturally
the moon is represented by six but I'm not sure about where that came from

Isn't the Liberation Of Night being seemingly directly orchestrated by a "Dark Judgement"? And doesn't it involve causing the stars to die and for "Wells" (Black Holes) to open up? You know, the things that one Mr Eaten is directly connected to, and manifests from? The same Mr Eaten that terrify's *literally everybody* in setting? So yeeeeah, the Liberation Of Night isn't exactly a good thing for the universe.

All I care is that when it gets liberated I can rule London with an iron fist and the Captivating Princess at my side.

stop knowing about lore, they haven't even put in half the content yet.

They'll put it in when you buy more Fate and become an Exceptional Friend, honest.

Man, why am I the only one maintaining a complete blackout until the game comes out?

Ah, sorry, I assumed you were talking about Fallen London itself instead of Sunless Skies.

I really hope it ends up at least half as good as Sea, I tried it when it first got released to KS backers but haven't touched it since.

same here. Just to get a feel for it.
We can only cross our dang fingers. And feel free to talk about fallen london stuff, I may have thought it was sunless sea spoilers mistakenly.

I run a soft sci-fi setting so either the most metal dyson sphere ever is built or some fuck decides to emigrate to the Nightlands

THE BRIGHTEST TRAITOR SHALL PAY FOR HIS CRIMES, SPYMASTER OF UNBOUND SKIES, EATEN TORMENTOR BY ALLOWANCE, TRAITOR OF SALT BY HIS SACRIFICE

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/54453838

Also that.

I want to get into Fallen London lore, but alas, I am a pleb and have no clue where to start. I can't even finish my Vake hunting quest.