What edition of D&D do you think Ed Greenwood plays?

What edition of D&D do you think Ed Greenwood plays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PzpgAQpcp8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whatever edition he damn well feels like.

Whatever he wants. Played with him in a home game of my a few years ago. We played Amber.

ERPs.

I forget, is it Greenwood or R.A Salvatore who's the weird creepy sex pervert?

Greenwood. Salvatore is youtube.com/watch?v=PzpgAQpcp8o

Apparently Wizards has to heavily modify Greenwood's material or it can't be sold, because of all the fetishes.

Fetish-fuel is a cornerstone of genre fiction. He is truly a patrician.

Yes. Greenwood is a pervert and kind of a hack, while Salvatore is an ass and kind of a hack.

Despite both being these things, I still...y'know, kind of like them, and feel kind of sorry for them at the same time.

HE LITERALLY TOLD EVERYONE HE STILL PLAYS 2E ON THE CANDLEKEEP FORUMS

I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE ELISTATREE TRANNY SHIT OR THE OTHER FUCKED UP FR CANON SHIT HE WRITES.

HE'S A PERVERTED CROSSDRESSING WIZARD.

wait does Elistartree have a dick? hot

Huh, really? I thought he'd be totally into 3.5 because of all the templates and shit you can pile on to a character to make a walking singularity of all the fetishes you could possibly want.

Naked Edition of Whatever You Want to Play(tm), Baby.

I'm amazed he hasn't been torn to shreds by the social justice brigade. I wish I knew his secret...

Maybe because he just writes about his sad little fetishes rather than trying to grope them into being IRL, like Weinstein & Co.? He knows he's not nearly rich or powerful enough to get away with shit like that.

>implying that the SJW brigade didn't ruin the life of a brilliant scientist over a tacky shirt

>implying that the SJW brigade didn't attack one of the founders of D&D for awkwardly hitting on one via text, then made further false accusations in order to slander him further

>implying that tumblr callout culture isn't just left-wing McCarthy-ism designed to slander people in ways they can't defend against.

True about those events. In that case perhaps what's shielding Greenwood from similar treatment is that he's a SJW himself?

He hasn't been in the spotlight, and really isn't famous or done something notible to get their attention. Most normies who got into D&D probably don't even know who even wrote the FR setting, let alone SJWs who are notorious for doing zero research into any subject.

Plus some of his fetishes are really tame (orgy, lesbians, mtf gender bending, etc) the Social Justice crowd only go after you for fetishes they don't approve of.

No, but it forces some Drow males to do some forced femnization shit.

>Social Justice crowd only go after you for fetishes they don't approve of.

Hetro white dudes

After his psycho dragonfoot rant idc what happens to Mentzer

That whole debacle was lol. Imagine being a fat old grog threatening to write some revengefic in your shitty setting.

2e obviously. Grogbeards are all OSR-centric (the patrician’s version of D&D).

>patrician
>D&D
Pick one.

>le SJW boogeyman maymay
Yes user, it's all conspiracy of Jewish LGTB communists

What's wrong with having fetishes all of sudden? Has Reddit fully invaded Veeky Forums now or am I missing something actually bad he did?

is he trying to sound like ray romano here?

the virgin storygamer:
>meticulously plans out a character
>needs rules for skill lists
>relies on meta currency like willpower and fate points
>pouts when he fails a roll

The Chad OSR:
>3d6 down the line in order
>uses spot rulings to resolve conflicts
>no rerolls, death is one failed save away
>laughs when his character dies

I don't believe I've seen that. Link?

Was he cool?

How does Amber work? Tell us about it.

Do we have any examples of this or this it just rumors? I know that Greenwood has said himself that WotC heavily modified Forgotten Realms but the things he brought up were things more like making Kara-Tur explicitly Not!China whereas his material on it had it being more just exotic and alien in general without much of any real-world connections.

The Edition Greenwood

She's got DR, man, She can do it however She wants to.

He's said fairly repeatedly that his home group (Knights of Myth Drannor, although even at this point after decades they're still only around 15th level) and library group both play 2E FR, except they ignored the Time of Troubles.

I think it's a conflation of multiple rumours. When TSR first bought the setting and asked for his notes, they were expecting a moderate sheaf. Instead, they got hundreds of pages of often handwritten notes, and it wasn't the generic Dragonlance sort of medieval fantasy that they'd thought they were getting. Hence Kara Tur becoming not!China and so on rather than his original vision of it (which included a huge Spelljammer mountain port-base thing, apparently).

That tends to get conflated with his fetishes, which aren't all THAT bad. He does have a heavy obsession with "free love" but mostly the fetishy stuff is presented in a way that would either make SJWs rage or have no interest (Eilistraeean clergy, for example).

Least likely edition is 4e, if only because he's got a pretty big bone to pick with what it did to FR.