Can a God of destruction be benevolent?

Can a God of destruction be benevolent?

Other urls found in this thread:

sandman.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nigga is you serious.

If they are also the gods of re-birth, sure.

Of course.

Why don't you ask a cleric of the destruction god? Oh that is right, you cannot. He was destroyed.

Purification is good and has its place.
You know what's good at purifying?
Fire.

doesn't even have to be the god of rebirth, so long as a god of rebirth (or gorwth or whatever) exists and their actions are understood to be intrinsically linked.

As long as they start small.

>Destroys things that upset or violate order
>Destroys taint before it can grow
>Destroys things so new life can grow from it
>"Destruction is a neutral aspect of humanity" thing
>Eternally locked in battle with nasty things that would eat us
>Destroyed something once so mankind could have X

You know, bad things can be destroyed too.

>not realizing that all life is pain
>not realizing that all things are transient
>not destroying the world to liberate all living beings from their suffering'
>not giving the universe a graceful and beautiful end

Satan-expies should go and stay go

Depends on the definition. Realistically, you can't destroy matter/energy, you can only change it's form. You can destroy abstract things like an object composed of matter.

It's like, you can burn a tree, and that "destroys" the tree, but realistically all the shit that was in the tree is just changed, the destruction was of the concept of what we would call a "tree".

A true god of destruction is simply a god of change.

Shiva and company should count.

Pelor? Pelor.
Also this.

Gods of Destruction can also be Gods of Justice.

Is the Prodigal evil?

And his sacred weapon shall be the mighty Hoe of Destruction.

Definitely if they would blow up this kali yuga corrupted world.

Is a nuke's power measured by it's area of effect or does power really scale parallel to aoe as this image implies?

I* would have imagined bombs have diminishing returns when it comes to radius, like comparing the blast radius of a bundle of 10 sticks of dynamite to the combined radius of 10 spaced out sticks of dynamite.

It's you, you wrote pic related.

Yeah, there are diminishing returns. A bunch of smaller bombs spread out over the region you wish fucked will do a better job than one big bomb, but you may want to toss in a big boy as well just to make an impact.

Of course, you also have fratricide issues when you start using cluster nukes, have to be careful or you'll waste them.

What unbelivable cringe is that book?

He was pretty chill

Left his station in the middle ages when he saw science getting too dangerous

Come on now user, that's not a nice way to refer to Helen of Troy.

To add to this, that's why MIRV's were made. The big daddy of clusterbombs.

Yes.

Destruction can be a force for good, and help kick-start the growth of other things.

A God of murder, war, slaughter and the like is the one you're going to have a very, very, VERY hard time convincing others is benevolent

inb4 theological explosion and argument, there's enough of that shit on here.

>inb4 theological explosion and argument
Just because you inb4'd it doesn't mean this thread won't end up discussing the ideal way to mend the Schism.

Yea, I realized that only far too late

Underrated post

>Bloody-Handed God of Murder and War
>Not the good guy
>Get a load of this mon'keigh cam

Yeah, but Destruction isn't a god.

None of the Endless are gods.

Sure, he just has to be about destroying evil.

>mfw just looked this up
This was either written by a bot or by the greatest troll of our times. I refuse to believe it's unironic human writing.

I came here to post exactly this.

Even Eldar don't think Khaine is a good guy.

sandman.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction

Sure. Destruction is just the first part of change, growth and rebirth. You'd want a god guiding it, destroying what needs to be improved or changed when the time is right, and keeping what is good. Entropy is a fact of the universe, so without the god of destruction, progress would be chaotic and stagnant in the wrong places.

Of course!

Really? Doesn't Dream manifest himself as the martian god of dreams when speaking to J'onn?

I guess what I'm saying is, isn't the term just a matter of semantics when dealing with such powerful beings? This is a legit question btw, I don't know the DC universe beyond Dream

>mend the schism
Catholics need more bible, Protestants need more patriarchs to bring order to the endless fragmentation. Bring back the Pentarchy. (Of which the Pope is merely a member)

Regarding the actual actions of the churches; I've been to both Catholic Mass and Protestant Church service, I'm still protestant though, but with catholic sympathies, one might say. Mass surprised me because there was very little from the Bible, just a few readings. There's no sermon (or Homily, as its called in the Catholic church), nothing that deepens the understanding of the Bible or God. Or if there was, it was so brief that I did not recognise it as such.