youtube.com/watch?v=4uxJxMjz3Io
youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
youtube.com/watch?v=WFx7kfHnKg8
regimental-standard.com/2017/11/22/another-mystery-conclusively-solved/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit that looks good
>warhammer community watermark
Source article? I can't find it.

Yeah great, the rest of the Catachan range still looks like utter shit though so forgive me if I don't swoon.

You have to start somewhere user, and named characters are great for hype (and memes)
I mean sly marbo was probably the single model needing the biggest update. Just compare this to the old model side-by-side.

youtube.com/watch?v=UXKIBYnM_9Q

Damn, that's a sweet model.

Yes, but can he AAAAAAAAAAA?

>FEEEEEED ME SLY

youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU

I like this hair color best

Posting the (quite good) Straken novel, features a fair bit of Marbo.

Very nice model, glad they kept the old marks like his scars and the tuft of hair on his knife.

Might actually need to buy this model. Stopped collecting 40k years ago, but this is just awesome. Wallet won't be happy though.

They even kept the old stormtrooper-style plates on the boots. It's great.

Not a fan of the longer pistol though but whatever.

Is that the Snake Plissken Mac10?

Really? It looks ugly and squat to me, and I've seen better detail in toys you can buy for two quarters.

His arms and pants in particular look like rush jobs, and the anatomy/posture is all wonked to shit.

What's the appeal? It may be because I'm more used to more heavily Computer-Asssisted models, but I'm really wondering what's with the swooning over this little ugly thing.

Also, how much is it going to cost? Something crazy like $30?

Forget Sly, 40k just crossed over with Little Shop of Horrors

its only £15, for a character model from GW thats basically a steal.

HEEEEEE'S BAAAACK

I don't see the problem myself? He's essentially a sculpt of Arnie from Predator (moreso than he is rambo IMO), and I think they got it spot-on. Some things do have to be a tad exaggerated for the scale, but I think they balanced his anatomy quite well, without falling into the usual "heroic scale" pitfalls.
Also it generally only seem to be marine characters and bigger hq models that get hit with the €30 stick. Someone said £15, but no source ATM

>t.power armor player
Go back to your Space marines and Soycast Eternals pls

Oh shit it totally is!

>mac10/uzi
>scope
why

>Audrey II is 40k canon now

P R E C I S I O N

>Scope on silencer

Hey OP, you're a retard that doesn't know how to use the catalog.
I just wanted to share that with you.

How the fuck is he still alive lorewise?

Why not?

>American
You don't have the right to comolain about prices anyway my man.

15 pounds is really cheap for that.

The source for the price is the WD, 15 pounds is confirmed.

he's actually a perpetual.

because he does whatever it takes to get the job done, up to and including refusing to age or die.

Humans are pretty much immortal in 40K if they can afford the right drugs, Yarrick was 200 when the third war for armageddon started and he looks to be in his mid 40-s. Cawl is about 8000 years old. I'm sure catachan would invest the right steroids to keep him ticking on indefinitely, so all marbo has to do is be a bad enough fucker to never die in combat.

Sly is actually Doomguy

Nice, though I'd still give him more traditional 80s hairdo.
I mean, he's called Marbo, not Wartschenegger.

I mean, he kinda looks like Lundgren with that haircut.

Beautiful

That sculpt is genious.

It's literally every 80ies action man subtly rolled into one.

>I've seen better detail in toys you can buy for two quarters.
Pics of GTFO

>His arms and pants in particular look like rush jobs
Elaborate.

> the anatomy/posture is all wonked to shit.
The posture is kinda weird, I'll give you that, but I think it's the angle.

Both your picture and the modle itself

NOW HE CAN GO HOME AND BE THE CATACHAN MAN
>youtube.com/watch?v=4uxJxMjz3Io

Exactly.

oh shit forgot pic

Perpetual.

Sauce?

Rough times. But soon.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Does imperial high command even know where sly is half the time, like, how does he arrive from warzone to warzone? It seems he simply appears somewhere and then for his next appearance he'll be in another segmentum

>All these gits complaining about gun piece arrangements

All of you are fucking small time

I love the band fortunate son.

>Pics of GTFO

you have chosen... poorly.

Although that general monkey is fucking awesome.

Man, GW is really hitting a different market nowadays.

>Feed me, Seymour!

youtube.com/watch?v=WFx7kfHnKg8

Works both for Audrey II and for Sly Himself.

I'm an artist and studied anatomy for a living and thete's really nothing wrong with him besides his exagerated musculature.

If that's your problem you might want to stop playing GW's human factions.

Well you can always paint the new guy like that too.

Probably got caught on a planet where time went weird for a while. Happened a lot during the tear happening.

Bump

The reason he looks exaggerated is because he's Catachan, who are stated in the lore of looking just like that, crazy muscled and a bit squat, as they come from a high gravity death world. Check out the Catachan command box, those poses and proportions are really good and quite reasonable, and Marbo will in all likelihood look perfect next to them. This is the guy who has more Star's of Terra than anyone else in the UNIVERSE. He should be a bit more ripped than the average human. If GW redid the catachans in line with the command box, they will look excellent and I really hope this is a teaser that their box is getting redone since it's now web only. I know it's probably not, but I can dream.

Also he is confirmed $25, with a poster and all his rules included, before any discounts whatsoever. That's a very reasonable price from GW for a guard character. It's a bit higher than the rest of the industry but trust me most guard players will buy this just to show how much we appreciate him being back and how badly we want the others back. This is the best PR thing they've done since 8th dropped.

You can tell because we have THREE GODDAMN THREADS ABOUT IT

>Not "HE'SRIGHTBEHINDYOU.jpg

He's rumored to stow away on the ships and head to wherever he think's he's needed most, although he typically stays with Catachan regiments in 5th edition he was known to help out any loyalist Guard regiment wherever he found them.

Don't forget he's also got the look of the classic XCOM soldiers.

It's incredible, the more you look at him the more the little details start to come out. It's just got all the right little touches. There's some sculptor out there who just added one hell of a piece to his resume.

>I see you do miniature sculpting, care to show us an example
>*pulls out Marbo*
>YOU'RE HIRED

Do we know if it's plastic or resin?

Is anyone else annoyed that GW, who is so aggressive about their IP and suing everyone that even gets close to it, has a model named Sly Marbo?

knowing GW's hard on for plastic characters probably plastic, but potentially resin, I don't think we've had a confirmed statement either way.

Their IP is literally built off of referencing other IP.

This is like saying "Is anyone else annoyed that GW, who is so aggressive about their IP and suing everyone that even gets close to it, has a model line called space marines?"

After chapterhouse I think they've learned their lesson there, and that it's a two way street.

>What? So apparently Escape from New York has the rights to putting a doofy looking sniper scope on a silencer now? Nice try hollywood!

>Does imperial high command even know where sly is half the time

Yes, he's not some force of nature, he's just a really good soldier and since he works alone he probably only takes orders from High Command, like generals or above. If High Command would lose track of him then it wouldnt explain how he gets his orders. He's an asset of the Imperial warmachine and just like any other asset he moves from warzone to warzone with whatever regiment in whatever ship.

Am I the only one who sat in disbelief for a few moments after hearing the news?

they hinted at it yesterday
regimental-standard.com/2017/11/22/another-mystery-conclusively-solved/

I lost my shit when I saw the news, immediately spammed my friends phone with text messages, who then in turn did the same when he found out.

I was busy posting it all over the place and laughing evilly at the thought that Sly has returned to terrorize the tables of 40k again, and that I already had a catachan army ready to go for his glorious return.

Great news, Sly Marbo is back! Y'all GW cucks falling for this meme charcter like good goys. He'll just be some regular-ass commander+1, and for that you'll get some monopose kid-friendly shit-tier model.
Enjoy your overpriced piece of plAAARRRGHHWWRFSJOLBFHKOHSWEETEMPERORPLEASENOWEFDDDDFFFCCJU!÷!:&××*/$_#!:PLEASEPLEASENONOTMYASSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

>Y'all GW cucks falling for this meme charcter like good goys.
Fuck you I ran him all the time back in 5th. Maybe these newbies only care about him because of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but I remember him because HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Do want

Legend

>HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU

Wait, where's his demo charge? I'm near 99% sure he had a demo charge in 5th.

holy fuck Solid Snake is based off Snake
how did I never make this connection

I really have no idea user. But I never could figure out retards. MGS literally starts by ripping off escape from LA.

user...

>when your opponent throws out his entire battleplan to get him after he pops ups behind his big mek with shokk attack gun and all his lootas and whiles out the whole lot in one turn
>when I told him he was back last night he called me a cunt

Those rules were a supplement from the closing days of 7th ed. Maybe he'll get his demo charge back.

>about 8000 years old
Cawl is at least 10,000 years old, though I'd be extremely hesitant to count him as human.

A few years ago John Carpenter sued Luc Besson because he produced 'Lockout' whose plot was basically Escape from NY.

He also had the option to sue Kojima but chose not to because he's a nice guy. That's word for word what he said.

What on earth is this and where do I get it

Same goes for me

Carpenter's just salty he never got to make Escape From Earth.

I unironically enjoyed Escape From Space

Where might I acquire General Jokaero?

Its in the unit entry in the army list section of the codex.

Man that looks nice.

As someone who just collects and paints and doesn't play the game, what makes marbo such a dangerous unit?

He's a crossbreed between Rambo, Arnie from Commando, Snake Pliskin, and Kenshiro IN SPACE with a huge knife.

Thank you!

He's the 80's military action movie hero stereotype. He made our dads be okay with us playing 40k. "Need a tank to go with your rambo!"

>when I told him he was back last night he called me a cunt

You can smell the fear, it's delicious

Sly begins the game hidden, and when he is revealed he can be placed anywhere on the table. He will then proceed to blow up a unit and make a mess of any plan your opponent had.

Weapon customization in a jrpg called resonance of fate.