Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Burger Holiday Morning edition

>Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Done Canned Peaches, featuring Tiamat.
youtube.com/watch?v=3nZDnj1peY8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-sculpt-greenstuff-cloaks-and.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRSTS FOR THE EMPEROR

>hey man just play whatever looks fun
>nothing fun works

No airlines when?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It does if you play casually.

What's a good way to have capes, hoods and cloaks? Are there bits for it compatible with Primaris, or is greenstuff my only solution? Is there a good tutorial for it?

very wholesome.

>post yfw the fourth revealed primarch was the primarch of the Guard

This is a bretty good one
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-sculpt-greenstuff-cloaks-and.html

No trips can help your stupidity.

Even with casual play if someone bring a good unit you are fuuuuuuuck

You should probably stop playing in small tables. It worked for our group.

maybe I'm waac fagging too much but everytime I do the math the average for most shit that looks fun is 0-1 wound after everything.

and all the stuff I read about the fun stuff is just "oh its not going to do anything important but it will take a hit for you I guess"

>tfw I bring a squad of 10 hellions to every game with my drukhari
>and run steel legion guard

I don't even care if I lose. I like them.

Sooo why are you playing?

>playing only to win

Because I'm playing for fun

curbstomping my opponent isn't fun

getting curbstomped isn't fun

having games where we're fielding units we like, where we're both having a good time, is FUN.

That's why I run assassins and a baneblade in guard lists, even against opponents that can 1-2 turn murder the baneblade, or against armies that assassins are worthless against.

>25 usd

Welp, better wait for the recast version.

jesus christ how fucking poor are you that you cant spend 25 bucks on something neat

get a job

>not painted up with camo skin paint and/or mud smeared all over his body like Arnie at the end of Predator
Tsk.

You play to win. That is the point of a game for fuck sake.
Winning and losing is part of the game and you are suppose to enjoy it.

Because it's fun, lad. And we usually tell a story in our games. Unironically FORGING THE NARRATIVE.

>supporting anti consumer and predatory tactics
Oh you!

Literally this, poorfags are cancer. 25$ is fucking nothing.

>You play to win
I play in a casual environment. If I wanted to play solely to win, I'd go to the competitive scene.

>implying those are mutually exclusive
Hey I just play narrative games but still expect people playing to win. Otherwise why even bother.

Are you one of those brain dead retards that think Win at all cost is the same as play to win?

What predatory tactics?

>You play to win. That is the point of a game for fuck sake.
no shit, but if you go sweaty tryhard every game it'll get stressful and not fun to play.
WAACfag

looks good and easy. thanks a lot man

It's playing with expensive toys, stop taking them so seriously.

Again confusing waacfagging with playing the game.

depends on your company desu

I go to tournaments twice a year or more, having beers andhaving cutthroat dirty matches with fellow waacfags is incredibly fun

>All these kits cost less than their fully customisable alternatives, meaning they’re a great way to build an army on a budget, too.

isn't the point of kits customizing?

Girly man has betray humanity

Isn't the point of a game to play it? Dumbass.

yknow thats the op right?

Would you guys play against a Heretics & Renegades army based off a Lost of the Damned (Eye of Terror) theme of hordes of cultists, mutants and a few marines / daemons?

Going to run a Slaaneshi themed cult group, the only thing is my horde is probably around 300+ models via cultists and mutants alone.

Why are they eating an orc?

>cannon picture of Guilliman and Yvraine as a couple
Holy shit, anti-shippers BLOW THE FUCK OUT
>status
>told
>FUCKING TOLD
>KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC

?

I expect my opponents to at least try to win.
If the fucker is not even trying might as well play with my self. At least I won’t have to look at the sad fucker with tears about to roll out of his eye.

>Make sure you come back to Warhammer Community on Saturday for a closer look at these releases and even more reveals – there’s one, in particular, you won’t want to miss.

Hmmm... Lion coming after all?

The only release worth a damn would be a new race or plastic SoB.
Another marine or Primarchs release is nothing new at this point.

Bouncing some ideas for a new Deathwing list, how's this ?

The Chaplin, Ancient and Apothecary ride in the Land Raider with the Deathwing Knights while the Deathwing Terminators and Belial deep strike in an alpha strike.

NOT CELESTINE???!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

My guess too. Either that or something very boring, like a new mat for shadespire or something.

Fuck if I know, man. Mushrooms are disgusting gross.

That's so cute.

>supporting games workshop making a single mini $25
good go, 50¢ has been deposited to your account

Im not saying that people can't try to win. Im saying if your focus is to only beat your opponent for the win and nothing else in between it can turn the game shitty for someone as a whole.

>i don't want to buy an iphone so ill buy a stolen one

Celestine is banging Inquisitor Greyfax. Where have you been for the last year?

The first American Thanksgiving is sometimes optimistically depicted with the Pilgrims and the Native Burgers sitting side by side at a table. Just two peoples joined in peaceful cooperation. Doesn't mean Chief Whatshisfeathers and John Thomas Protestant were dating. Doesn't mean they weren't, either.

how dare they!

you should totally save 10 dollars buying a recast! 10 dollars! you can feed a family on that for 10 years!

Not even comprable things.
Do you even get paid for being a shill?

That is waacfagging. Again you are confusing playing the game with being an asshole.
Who hurt you this bad honey?

Tyranids are the objective good guys of the story

It just means that the writing is going to shit on a faster rate.

I’m still waiting for Sailor Moon and Sailor Jupiter Celestine and Greyfax respectibly drawing

Recasts are for FW resin and the OCCASIONAL VERY RARE massively overpriced plastic kit or exclusive mini.

Faglords like you who buy shitty resin knockoffs of glorious plastic kits to save about ten bucks are the cancer that is killing the hobby.

Anyone got that screenshot of the Tau being corrupted by Khorne and giving into their bloodlust. The part where they go apeshit and start trying to melee the daemons and it doesn't go well for the Tau. Seen it posted a couple of times before but don't have it saved. I want to show it to some Taufag that keeps saying they can't be corrupted to shut him up.

They are as shitty as NPC goes.
>we just want to nom things XD
>look how cute this titty version of a tyranid teeheehee

They just eat everything that does and doesn't look at them funny.

Thanks man. Been looking all morning for it.

*audible hand rubbing*

>ishiggy diggy

It's because production volume makes things cheaper.
Low numbers = higher cost

They're following their biological imperative to survive and reproduce. The law of nature is the ultimate law that transcends all others.

>cannon
>canon, even

As a Taufag myself, tell your taufag buddy he's an idiot. Tau get corrupted all the time, especially by Khorne.

To be fair, I suspect most of us buy miniatures in such quantities that the 10$ adds up easily

Here's what I'm seeing.
And they're violating the NAP. That's a crime right there bud.

dude its totally the jews. they are so interested in making a few million selling plastic toys for fat nerds.

totally

Are you the shitter who fucks up /wip/ every day as well
Fuck off being a contrarian faggot

I think it actually makes them a better faction where they're not just somehow beyond it. I mean they got tricked by Dark Eldar who did nothing but use bullshit and lies, never mind Chaos.

It's one thing buying recast Death Krieg and a single fucking Sly Marbo.

It is so hilariously pathetic. You are like the old ladies that use 50 coupons to pay for milk.

What are they going to do afterwards? When everything is consumed? Fucking stupid lore I tell you.

nice example retard, even though I buy original that isn't how any of this works

>supporting chink recaster parasites that make prices of the official models go up for everyone and take money away from the development of new GW releases so you can save some pocket change like the fucking jew you are
Literally kill yourself

Best girl

You know that's what ACTUAL ANIMALS do right? They consume, reproduce and move on to the next area when food runs out.

Now that would almost be cool. Shame the Tau don't even do bayonets.

Why would I go to wip? Unless you want to circle jerk and worthless advice

>literally anime

>playing a race of animals that completely lack personality or individual character
When will NPCs learn?

>What are they going to do afterwards? When everything is consumed?
Whatever the fuck they want

Yeah, THAT'S why the costs go up.

But warha,mer is literally pay 2 win so playing to win is retarded. If you play to win it boils down to WAAC faggotry and bullshit unit spam.

That isn't fun, that's fucking gay. Where is the fun in abusing broken units? Or trying to out cheese your opponent. You're not good or even smart. You just pick the cheesiest units and go drop $600 on an army of them.

Sad as fuck. Zero love in that.

"Bring me Harry Potter"

Die off? Animals over populate areas and die out because there's not enough food all the time. There are plenty of species we actively need to cull or else they keep fucking and eating everything and screwing up the ecosystem.

I thought the wide blaster thingy is just a gun and not some weeb blade?
I mean, I'm not saying you should get everything in china form, just as a side note that the savings add up if you get lots of FW junk

Yes, waiting for the local flora/fauna to rebuild itself to either move back or let other animals of a lesser species reform the area, not consuming everything down to the core you gigantic fucking idiot.

Some body shop this! NOW!

>playing a race of animals that completely lack personality or individual character

To be fair, that exact same descriptor could apply to most other 40k races.

I thought the Tau were effectively nulls, having no connection to the warp at all

Seems like a really gay list that would not be fun to play against.

You know, this is the one DG kit I don't like being snapfit. That armour, the lens and the weapons all look pretty good for conversions since they're not particularly Nurgle and can be easily fixed. Will have to look at the sprue.