Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

The primaris conspiricy, edition.

>Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Spot where I replace the daily duncan video with some stupid youtube meme xDD.
youtube.com/watch?v=3nZDnj1peY8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Noise Marines on Open Day

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Rounded up the various TEQs and multi-wound infantry in a modification of the mathhammer chart to stack up the elites against one another. Included all loadouts, a few more targets and points efficiency calculations (it's on the Heavy Infantry tab). Thoughts?

Huzzah for reasonably cheap and un-Nurgled conversion fodder. My Biologis are happy even if I'd like to see what absolute mess they make of making it a sprue. I can almost certainly use two of those to make the head and missile pods if I ever go for the Biologis Vulturax.

How long before the obligatory Black Library trilogy?

I think I might use these to make Kastellax Robots on tracks. Just add Helbrute arms or something.

never. primaris is the new hot stuff, man.

What would Yvraines roasted Ork head taste like?

Happy Thanksgiving, anons.

>Feed Me, Sly!

Marbo release is trending on social media. No one is talking about those boring DA/BA primaris.

Mushrooms

What would Yvraine's roast beef taste like?

Of course, they are just lieutenants after all, there is nothing to talk about.

I’d probably eat that. Mushrooms are fucking delicious.
Guillimans dick.

Most merciful of men when?

Social Media was a mistake.
Im happy for the IG fellas, Marbo is interesting, but the only thing im talking with my friends, who don't play SM, is the rest of the stuff

>Primaris are the how new thing
>nobody is talking about them

Okay.

And Sly is just a Private.

Orks are not edible.
Someone would had figure out an Ork farm by now

Reposting this because fuck this guy, seriously
> If you're a student, this hobby is not for you

Than who the fuck is going to buy the models imbecile?
Grown ass people have jobs and family that takes most of their time and it is very rare for them to justify spending considerable amount of money on plastic miniatures. Even in that case they are mostly into historicals.

>Better Quality=higher price
No , fuck you. The models are the industry standart. It always was the case.
When sisters of battle minis came after the fall of the soviet union they were the best in the market. GW is just following the industry standart. They are not creating minis that are way better than their competitors.

>poor dont buy argument

Lol, again fuck you sideways. People who are actually rich wont even spend a single dime on 28mm plastic miniatures. Rich people are very carefull with how they spend their money.
>inb4 you post rich american kids spending money on useless shit.
In that case they arent spending money on plastic man fighting either, they are not the gw customers.
GW customers are kids and students and they have to appeal to them to keep selling their plastic crack.

>4 hours of YouTube videos
Isn't War by Deception only like two hours, though?

Too bad the catachan infantry look so fucking terrible

Why they released the command squad, characters and heavy weapons, but left the actual guardsman the 1998 sculpts ill never know

Orks figured out a human farm, though.

Only a sith talks in absolutes.

That is one smug DA.

Yo be fair marines are the most boring part of 40k.
They are nice hook to the hobby, but once inside. Everything else is more interesting

he's just managed to convince someone he's not a heretic

This game is a hobby. Post what you hobbied on recently

its just because they haven't made any cool characters for them yet. I mean we are still setting up the plot of how well all the Marine Chapters accepted the primaris. Once that's over with we are going to probably get the all new Blood Angels characters and special characters for each of the Chapters.

Makes sense. Marbo is a meme and a beloved characters. The Primaris Marines are literal who's and also Primaris Marines which no one wanted or asked for.

>ishygddt

why did you ruin that model with that silly headswap

Well humans eat human already so hardly a new thing

>I seriously hope you guys aren't fallen

If you play non-conscript guard you want to buy command squads anyway for plasma etc.

OPEN DAY TOMORROW

hopes/expectations?

What are you guys doing for thanksgiving?

>dumb spanish phoneposter

>Fire of Ciraxis leaks
>VC for Sigmar
>A new Faction
>More Primaris models

Take your bets on the next classic character to get a model.

>hopes
something not space marine
>expectations
something space marine

>Someone would had figure out an Ork farm by now
Orks are too violent and intelligent.

>it is very rare for them to justify spending considerable amount of money on plastic miniatures.

Once you actually have a full time job you'll realize that it's not really a considerable amount.

Hopes I pick up Necromunda, expectations I pick up Necromunda.

Hopes: Something Non-primaris and non-Chaos

Expectations: MORE PRIMARIS MORE CHAOS

Would 8th be better if GW stopped trying to follow on from the "anything goes" mentality of 7th and slapped some restrictions on allies? I'm talking way back to 4th edition where they're barely a thing outside of designated, tiny detachments, or unique armies like Knights and I guess Inquisition.

It would eliminate the dominance of soup and superfriends like Guilliman/Celestine/Guard circlejerking, but with where w are now, would it improve the hobby?

Love goofy faces.

Knight Head Advent Calendar

>hopes
something not PRIMARIS space marine
>expectations
something PRIMARIS space marine

FTFY

Someone from Necromunda

Mad Donna, Kal Jericho or Klovis the Redeemer

>Hopes
Primaris
>Expectations
Primaris

>>A new Faction
They still have 11 Codexes to go, dumbass, they're not releasing any new factions for at least another 6-8 months MINIMUM.

>You will never have a xenos gf to make dinner for you

Currently sanding a Rhino.

>grox are a thing

>Hopes
More primaris stuff, Emperor's Children, next primarch, Orks

>Expectations
Nothing new revealed that wasnt already shown off today

He realised his Primaris strength asshole is in no danger of being torn by his old type brothers' dick.

>implying

Once you have full time job you dont have time to collect, build and paint miniatures.

And even if you squeeze it you are not going to build armies over the course of few months. And therefore wont spend big for gw.

The target demographic of GW is not grown ass man.
It is the kids and students who have spare time in their hands to actually buy shit ton of minis and build them.

Therefore it is an illogical to say lol get a job, because at that point you are outside of the market already.

>expectations
>PRIMARIS
well, you're not wrong there, thanks.

>Hopes
More primaris stuff,

>Would 8th be better if GW stopped trying to follow on from the "anything goes" mentality of 7th and slapped some restrictions on allies?
It's not just allies, they need to slap a ton more restrictions on list-building as a whole. Percentage limits, minimum points sized games per LoW, less ez-mode do-anything Detachments. Even bloody Age of Sigmar understands this.

I get that for the 8th launch to be successful they didn't want to drive players away by invalidating too many of the shit armies that had been allowed by 7ths retarded ruleset, but now that we're past that point they should go ahead and start putting their foot down. Chapter Approved is the perfect time to do this.

>Once you have full time job you dont have time to collect, build and paint miniatures.
>Americans

Assault Primaris.
Veteran Primaris.

Or World Eaters.

You forgot custodes, ynnari, and assassin's. The 11 factions in CA don't include those and at the very least we should still be expecting a series of releases for ynnari since their army consists of 3 named characters, prevents anyone who uses them from taking non brb warlord traits, and is setup to get a primaris tier army release.

>hopes
A Titanicus model or the next Necromunda game
>expectations
Primaris are my favorite Primaris

Go into an FLG and tell me how many students you see you dumb cunt.

This hobby is a luxury. If you can't afford, it's not the company's problem. It's not supposed to be worth a "fair" amount of money. That's what luxury is, buying overpriced stuff (and occasionally, that i better quality).

I can afford that model and I'll probably buy it because I like it. At the end of the day, you're throwing a tantrum because you don't want to buy somethinf no one is forcing you to buy.

Groxes can't make weapons and spaceships out of scrap, they big animals.

>Once you have full time job you dont have time to collect, build and paint miniatures.

Yes you do, apart from very niches cases. There's that little thing called time management.

I am not quiet following what you are trying to say here?
Are you implying americans have time to do that or are you trying to say americans would buy them even if they dont have the time to build them ?
Or, are you trying to say yo uarent and american and only americans wont have time for it as opposed to people in the rest of the world?

>You forgot custodes, ynnari, and assassin's.
No I didn't. The stuff that didn't receive support in CA is not getting its own Codex. Custodes rules are already printed, they're in the Talons of the Emperor box. Ynnari rules are in the Triumvirate of Ynnead. Assassins do not constitute a Codex.

If any of those armies are expanded that won't be until 2019 at the earliest.

Is Guilliman/Yvraine ship now canon ?

>Hopes
Aelidari/ynnari stuff, where is the follow up to gathering storm that guilliman got?
>Expectations
Another 6months of space marine model releases, possibly the next primarch.

Neither can Orks in small numbers.

You need a critical mass for that to happen, otherwise they are just savage Orks usually just a pest used for trainning.

Well, "your dudes" is a thing that's worth keeping it open for, but the way the keyword system is constructed now there's little way of getting bonuses besides unit synergy from multi-faction lists. AFAIK only Guilliman and Inquisitors buff Imperium units as a whole, whereas in 7th you could mix and match, which, while cheesy because of how unit-joining worked and the proliferation of special rules, allowed for fluffy things to happen with inter-faction interaction.

>"it's not the warp, it's mathematics"

Unless you live in a developing country, the only place that has ridiculous working hours and no time off is America.

Japan too user
It's no wonder why they're becoming elves

>unit synergy from multi-faction lists
Is enough of a reason to can the whole system. Just look at the current tournament-winning lists.

There are 168 hours in a week and only 40 are spend working on full time at a minimum so that seems like you have plenty of time to model.

That might work. Personally I'm thinking that I could use the armour to make some of my Skaven-unit conversions less Skaveny by replacing the shoulderpads with those tread covers and using the weapons pods to mount the required arm guns. Dunecrawler dual phosphor blaster as an arm cannon and the other arm just smashing stuff can count-as a Castellax for 30k or Kastelan for 40k.

>All of them

I think you assumed FLG stood for friendly local gaybar.

Also fuck off shills, seriously. You are not very good at hiding that you are GW employees that are just shitposting here.

Only people who are defending GW prices this way are the cancerous shills that are in this board.
I advise everyone to go look at other chans and see if anyone is defending GW so retardedly.

And you will see that shills are not just a catchphrase but they are actually a thing.

Daily reminder

Maybe its the decades playing black templar, but this picture triggers me to no end.

He has 6 witches right in front of him and he isn't murdefucking them to death.

wtf

Unless you have friends, family and other stuff outside of 40k. Like you know a normal individual.

So custodes cant and won't ever get non brb warlord traits? Or relics? Shouldn't they be the people in CA instead of something like orks? We know orks are getting a codex so it's only a matter of time for them. Meanwhile my golden boys don't even get the pittance of a warlord trait?

Well developing countries are making the majority of the world and developed first world countries are in the minority.
So you shouldnt base your general assumptions on the minority.

True, but in Japan, it tends to be self inflicted.

I will get 3 of them and perhaps it will make fielding massed Plague Marines more worthwhile.

A-Aniki?!?

This level of shitposting is bretty up there

>normal individual
>40k
I think I found your problem user.

>comparing a stratagem to a sub-faction trait

Maybe forgeworld will make a modern Custodes army with more gubbinz and rules.
And potentially, a Mechanicus that is a complete rapetrain

Well, there could be rules introduced to make faction conglomerations cheaper in tournaments, not to mention the tournaments themselves could set their own rules. WAACs are always going to WAAC using the rules as given, but most 40k games aren't WAAC (at least in good company), and most players put some thought into the fluff.

Let’s also take out an extra 56 to assume 8 hours of sleep and then 14 more to account for 2 hours each day of preparing for/going home from work. Still plenty of time, though.
You are allowed to tell people no, you know.

Custodes are a single fucking unit with two optional loadouts that only exists because of a boxed game. They were never intended to be supported as a real, full faction. They never had a Codex last edition. You are an idiot for even expecting them to be treated like a Codex army.

>And you will see that shills are not just a catchphrase but they are actually a thing
>Huuuur everyone who disagrees with me is a shill

I'm just tired of poorfags is all. I understand and almost encourages people to use recasts for stuff that is legitimately overpriced, especially when the quality isn't always there, like with FW. Hell I bought some recasts no later than last week.

But saying that a plastic character model at 15 pounds is too expensive implies you have much greater financial problems than plastic men.

At some point there is a reasonable price. Marbo is reasonably priced.