Have player

>have player
>wont stop fucking shilling 3.5 DnD every session of game I DM
>keeps bringing it up
>d-d-d-dude im working on my own version of 3.5 that FIXES ALL OF THE PROBLEMS!
>tell him my problems with 3.5 are the build metagame, the combat becoming a boring mess after level 10, and the feats system
>dude just give it a chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance man seriously its fucking transcendent its so much better than (rpg we're currently playing)

do you encounter this? what do you do when someone is like this?

"Send me a rough copy and I'll think about it."
Then you either read it and see if you like it, or you don't and hope you're a better liar than I assume you are.

>3.5
I tell him to fuck off and never darken my table with such cancer again.

I'd argue there are a few 3.5 based games that do it well, though not perfectly.

FantasyCraft is one of them.

FC is pretty neat as long as you love subsystems. I do, FC is fucking radical, but if you wanna pick up a character in 30 minutes and get going it's not a good RPG for you.

Tell him if he wants to 3.5 that he can DM it.

>if you wanna pick up a character in 30 minutes and get going
...you're not going to want a 3.5-based system anyway.

let him run a one shot. break the game in front of his face

>do you encounter this? what do you do when someone is like this?
So is this an actual scenario or are you just shitposting hypothetically?

>posting fake shit that didn't happen just to get my daily shitpost quota in

tell him to take a hike

>>tell him my problems with 3.5 are the build metagame, the combat becoming a boring mess after level 10, and the feats system

Here's your problem, you engaged in conversation about it with him instead of just saying "no thanks", "naw", "not interested" and "no".

Starfinder is the best version of 3.5 anyway

this. In the middle of reforging my old campaign with the system.

I think it's gear system alone keeps Starfinder from being in the "good 3.5 offshoots" category.

WHAAT?

How can that be? People assured me that there weren't anti-D&D trolls on Veeky Forums! Are you trying to tell me those people LIED?!

>man seriously its fucking transcendent
Either lay off the drugs or go transcend to another plane of existence.

Tell him to prepare to DM a oneshot for your group.
You'll lose one gaming session but hopefully it'll shut him up.
Assuming he'll actually do it, which is doubtful. Because that type usually doesn't deliver if you put the burden of work on them.

TELL HIM THAT

>d&d is created and get famous
>its the first rpg so (since its famous) you have all those extreme amount of rpg players with different point of view of how a rpg should be, playing the exact same rpg
>after some amount of time playing some players discover some stuff they think are flaws, while discover some rules they think are really awesome
>because they have very different views on what a rpg should be (despise playing the exact same rpg), what some guy think is a good idea wont be considered a good idea by the other player, what some consider a shitty idea will be considered a good idea by other rpg
>new system is made based at this enviroment, and create a mess of a rpg system.
>many of those players quickly jump into the new system, expecting fixed to what they think are flaws
>because the players have very different opinions on what rpg should be (despise playing the same exact system), what is a flaw to some is a fix to another, and what is a fix to another is a flaw to someone. So the system CAN'T be fixed.
>all those extreme amount of players quickly jumping to this new system, bring new (to rpg) players to the new d&d system
>this make the game have an extreme amount of rpg players with different point of view of how a rpg should be, playing the exact same rpg
>because they have very different views on what a rpg should be (despise playing the exact same rpg), what some guy think is a good idea wont be considered a good idea by the other player, what some consider a shitty idea will be considered a good idea by other rpg
>new system is made based at this enviroment, and create a mess of a rpg system. No one knows what the system/d&d is suposed to be, because it was created based on a mess.
>the story continue ad infinitum

stop samefagging, user.
Also, stop posting doctored images.

>>the story continue ad infinitum

There is a solution to your story
>writers tell people they are gonna ask them what they like at d&d, and if they want to play d&d its ESSENTIAL they answer the questions
>writers, then ask what people like at d&d
>split people into as many groups as needed, based at what they wrote and give people a name.
>continue to make question to get how each group think d&d should be. Each group have their own questions and can only answer their own questions
>make a wip to each group
>they play and give feedback
>continue doing the previous 2 steps
>release one new d&d edition to each group.
>the cover will have a big warning "ONLY BUY AND PLAY THIS IF YOU ARE FROM GROUP X YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, DONT COMPLAY LATER OR I WILL CALL YOU STUPID"

>and give people a name.
*give groups a name

We have a guy who's like this about Amber and diceless RPGs in general. Like, you can tell him without dice that it's just intellectual masturbation, but I don't think he really gets it.

>tell him my problems with 3.5 are the build metagame, the combat becoming a boring mess after level 10, and the feats system
That's it?