Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Tyranid waifu edition

>Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Spot where I replace the daily duncan video with some stupid youtube meme xDD.
youtube.com/watch?v=3nZDnj1peY8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-matched-play-updates-nov-22gw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1rd for chaos

1st for Pls do not lewd the bugs.
Cute is ok tho

1st for dorn

The Guard is 1/10th Lefties! Behold some perfectly accurate representation!

1st for Wych cults

RIGHT RIGHTS NOW
END THE MONOPOSE LEFTIST TYRANNY NOW

4th for happy thanksgivings

All of you suck.

No

Sly Marbo?
I thought you were dead!

The best relationships are one when you and your partner can be in the same room doing different shit and just enjoy company. For me and my partner it is me painting and putting together mini's while he play's games and shitposts.

I don't think the alien needs any extra stimulating by that point.

Since Electro-Priests are near mandatory for AdMech lists but are ugly as sin
How rage-inducing would using Ruststalkers as counts-as Electro-Priests be?
I mean, they look great but are useless on the table

lul

Is GW officially shipping Guilliman and Yvraine now?

Give them something electricky and it's good in my book. I also dislike how the electro-priests look, but I haven't seen any painted with real skin-tone or heads with less silly coverings.

convert them to be properly distinguishable from normal ruststalkers and perhaps model in some visible mumbo jumbo to make them look as they actually count as something

Press F to pay respects to the Visarchs dignity

>Visarch
>Dignity

I don't like the way eldar look, by all possible interpretations of the sentence

Give them the Staff or the electo pack and it'd be fine.

can someone fill me in on why all of a sudden i see so much asspain and salt shitposting on some other sites over chapter approved.

saw one legendary asspain thread that pretty much the guy was going nuts over some girlyman nerf.

the tears were deicoious.

so what's the skinnny? what did i miss?

>Cute is ok tho

cutedar>uctenid

Literally a Soltaire though, they're supposed to look like soulless creeps.

funny I was using a third party snake as a stand in for marbo back in the day, I didn't like the old marbo model. Diff gonna pick up the new one though.

We got confirmation that Chapter Approved is passing out some nerfs, which means the people who were using the nerfed stuff are whining

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted melee shock infantry because beating enemy elites and Primarchs and such to death with random Literally Whos that are spent pretty liberally by their masters is fun and causes salt, bur I didn't like their look.

Didn't bother trying to fix them, just made Combat Servitors out of a £30 box of Kairics and literally all my spare Admech heads and melee weapons, and apparently they look pretty good as well as saving me eighty quid. Starting to paint them now, but like an idiot I decided to do the loincloths before the skin so the Rakarth Flesh is being a little bit of a bugger.

I actually think a ravager is better than a squad of DL scourges. It can move and still hit on 3s, but when you move, let alone deploy with the scourges, you’re at 4+

With the Ryza doctrine Ruststalkers perform about as well as the priests and are a lot faster

How do people read this interaction?

If you have 2 or more Blight Haulers all providing an aura, and a model has some models within the aura of 1 but not the other, does the unit gain a cover save?

You get 15 minutes with the team who develop your army to ask them any questions, air any grievances and they have to answer or listen, what do you ask?

its meant to be within the same aura

anybody else loving these guys? they come off less "primarisy"

Alright, Veeky Forums, serious talk here: we've seen GW responding to memetic waves by releasing miniatures to cash on them, first a sister of battle, then slambo, then further cheap gender inclusive models and now marbo.

who should we meme next? inquisitor kryptman or obiwan sherlock closseau?

Post more school girl bugs

anyone got the last hunt epub?

Am I reading this right that the relic in pic related can be used on a whole unit of vehicles and not a single one? And if so, with the combination of the extra relic stratagem, can be taken right before the game starts in case the opponent has a bunch of vehicles in a single unit?

Did I finally find an application for my favorite legion's shitty relic?!

Nothing, it hasn't even been released yet but people are freaking out over

Firaeveus Carron hands down

I don't know if that's supposed to be sexual
at least it isn't genestealers

Make way for some REAL Electropriests!

I'd say no based on the fact that it says all models need to be within 7" of A blighthaulter which I interpret as ONE blighthauler. The first one would check, see a few aren't inside and not give the benefit. The second would check and not see a full unit either.

That said, fluff wise they should get the benefit. Maybe it'll be faqed?

>mould line staff

RAW it matters not if they're all in the same individuals aura, so long as they are all within 7" of a ting then they're fine.

Macharius

Trust in your penis. It will show you the truth.

any leaks or neak peeks other than the mission and soulburst change?

That dude is the only primaris I've liked

Using it on a unit wouldn't do anything special, it doesn't deal wounds to each model in the unit. The only time it would matter is if one vehicle had 1 wound remaining because then the MWs would spill over, but that's niche at best.

My white, heterosexual, cisgendered guys > your guys

A ravager with three dark lances hitting on threes gets 2 hits.

A scourge squad with four dark lances hitting on fours gets 2 hits.

Which is more expensive?

>Did I finally find an application for my favorite legion's shitty relic?!
i've always used this to pick off low (1-3hp) vehicles so i don't have to waste lascanon fire.

Still boring AF. What's the point of stirring up a hornet's nest by introducing new, 'better' space marines and then only releasing really generic poses and sculpts. This guy looks like an overweight version of the most unimaginative build you could manage out of the old DA infantry set. fucking yawn.

> So much heretek going on in one image I literally can’t even

3 chicken walkers are in a unit, you still only do D3 damage total. Also that strategm means you can take MORE relics, not the same fucking relic. They are unique.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-matched-play-updates-nov-22gw-homepage-post-3/

Oh Oh! I know this one! It's the ravager by 5 points!

What do I win?

An advantage over everyone wasting 5 points on scourges.

Have fun.

except it says WHOLLY, which according to raw means they are not following raw.

That is hella cute

>boring

Damn it, you are correct.

Why does it have to be so niche in application? It seems like just taking generic chaos relics is way better.

Good to know about the walkers, but yeah of course I didn't mean taking multiple of it.

Want to start getting back into 40k, not played in a long time.

What units and options are good in Ad Mech lists?

Left-handed garbage.

>Why does it have to be so niche in application? It seems like just taking generic chaos relics is way better.
it's quite good.

last toureny i gave the black mase a try .. not bad but not as reliable.

Cool, I hate random damage though so dark lances can fucking do one

Does Veeky Forums want snotlings back like I do? How would you use them in game terms. Even if not they would be adorable as decoration just like the nurglings.

True or am I just a stupid nostalgic old man ?

What are some cool lookin pieces of xeno gear? I am making my Deathwatch captain and I plan on using a xenophase blade, and I might as well use a reavers mask or a wraith blades shield

It's also tougher. 30ppm (what you're effectively paying for a squad of DL scourges) just feels a hell of a lot for T3 1W with a 3+ save at best.

So how should I run scourges?

I feel like I'm the only one who loves Primaris exactly BECAUSE they look so bland.

GW models have become so terribly cluttered with details I never asked for (just compare classic chaos warriors to age of smegmar khorne fags or look at the le reddit plauge marines).
Bland models I can use to do whatever the fuck I want them for and add my own touches as I see fit. New nurgle armies have no identity whatsoever anymore, because you can barely tell that there's a power armor hidden between all the dildo horns and meme nurglings.

Very carefully

They perform the exact same in terms of Mortal Wound output in straight combat, actually. The problem is that Rusties are more expensive and Fulgurites have 1/6 of a MW on the charge, superior non-MW damage with S5 -2 Dd3 over S4 AP- and have better defences at worst with 5++ 5+++ saving 55% of wounds as opposed to 4+'s 50%.
Not even got to their possible 3++ yet.

Based

what purpose would they serve that grots don't?

But scourges can deepstrike, so really they’re pretty much equal. I run two scourge squads and one ravager, as well as two blasterborn venoms, and a boat of 9 warriors and an archon. Also have the SC reavers.

That's a bit much for a deathwatch marine. They may use some weird tech converted and sanctified from xenos origin, but straight up xenotech is pretty heretical. They're still space marines, not radical inquisitors.

Hey,
As far as I understand admittance to the Enochian Guard comes when you slay a Daemon personally
So I made my first company Sternguard dedicated Daemon hunters with eldritch tomes of anti-Daemonica.
Here's the squad

This, they get so high on details it ruins the fun of modding

Someone gets it
Thank You user

>another stale meme made into reality

Nice job, Veeky Forums.

A few people of thedarkcity say they've had good results just using them barebones for cheap poison dakka. The old "too annoying to ignore, but too cheap to direct massed firepower at" problem for your opponent, basically.

Hey, it's the Necron version of Scoria. He swings a reverse-engineered Necron deathstick around and deletes Primarchs, these Necrons have decided to see if that Omnissiah thing might have some truth to it after all because Void Dragon.

I was kinda going for the borderline heretical vibe

They don't have to. But they are cute. Just mix in snots and grots and then the grognards will throw money.

I like the new death guard and they allow for a very detailed army without a lot of work on the part of the owner, but there is absolutely merit to a product line that's basically a clean slate. Very fun and easy to add as much or as little detail as you want.

anybody else wish gw would have just said that primaris marines were just truescale marines and didnt make some retarded ass fluff about them?
its clear that thats all they really are

Preach!
Also it's possible to paint a nice clean model in less than a week.

Right now I'm taking both the Khorne Talisman and Slaanesh Elixir in my list instead of the Eye of Night. Interesting to know that you are having success with it though, I'll try to take it instead or maybe even in addition to those.

Can't wait for FoC to release so i can build my Dark Mech army

How customizable are the Primaris minis really?

Could I take this belt and sash combo off the BA Lieutenant here and put it on the Gravis armor Captain, for instance/

Yep

I agree. But they knew they would have faced autism.
Also this sells more models to some kind of collector.