Imouto Sae Ga Ireba Ii TRPG?

So an odd question.
To those who saw the latest episode, what system were they using?
Was a d6 system that looked like it counted successes but it had lower numbers.

I'm afraid it's not one of the JTRPGs that have been translated so far.

Sword World

That's a shame. Looked like a fun system.

But Sword World is a simple 2d6 rpg that uses modifiers and Target numbers, the one in the show is multiple dice related to skill, and looks like counting successes.

Most JTRPGs are d6 centric. They didn't have access to polyhedral dice for a really long time.
Among the many oddities of the first Japanese port of D&D was a list of conversions to use d6s for odd number ranges.

Didn't GM said that it was western game?

Can't check atm but I think he said the models were western.

The system is very clearly of Japanese origin.

Ah yes right, that must have been it.

probably some shitty PbtA game, like DUNGEON WORLD, those fuckin' heretics

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong then.

Movement implies that they move X squares?

Also, I kind of lost interest with the whole weird ass sister sex thing.

I believe so, if my moonrunes are correct would mean Chihiro's character was the fastest and Miyako's character was the slowest.
Stealing that power from Prisma Illya made sense for her character, though still magical realm nonetheless.

I thought that power was a reference to this garbage
>Kizuna's fighting ability doesn't measure up, but his sister has another plan; getting the girls to have erotic experiences with Kizuna, so that it will allow them to replenish their energy or power-up.

Well damn, that seems more blatant.
I forget that more light novels exist than the ones in America.

That could just be lack of research, or a translation that didn't change the minis.

How many systems have ropers?

Do Japan think all Americans are perverts for putting so many tentacle monsters in their games? I mean they brought up Call of Cthulhu, where it's an actual game mechanic that getting grabbed by tentacles enough can make you start to like it. I know a lot of Japanese people are weirded out by the existence of halflings (D&D took a tiny population of stuffy, hairy English gentlemen, and turned them into a major race who are the size of toddlers and whom everyone likes because of their "childlike innocence").

>hey, I don't know that show, I should keep an open mind
>Google it
>it's trash so generic it's bordering on parody
Japan, you used to be so kind to us... What did we do to offend you?

Two nukes, I reckon.

They didn't produce great anime before the nukings. Something had to have happened recently for all the garbage to start coming out instead of a more even ratio of good things to bad.

It is but there's a lot of series with similar power.

>I know a lot of Japanese people are weirded out by the existence of halflings
Doraf>>>>>>halfling

It's an acquired taste, like rotten foods kind of thing.

Sword Art Online happened. I'd say it's roughly the equivalent of what Twilight did to genre fiction in the west. Or maybe The Hunger Games.

The point is, once in a while a work comes out that's so wildly successful every nobody with a keyboard decides they want a slice of the pie, and the next few years the market is flooded with derivatives. That's bad enough when the work being copied is good. When it's bad, this is what happens.

It's nothing to do with the nukes.
We took their weird, soul-crushing culture and dialed it up to 11 to show off to the commies.
Then we won the cold war and forgot about it.

But this show and SWO are nothing alike and in no way follows in it's path.
wat

SWO heralded a new era for light novels. Basically, everyone and their cat in Japan can now release a light novel alongside a certain formula (TL;DR waifus) and make tons of money whereas once this wasn't the case (to such a degree). Hence a flood of trashy samey anime with weirdly similar aesthetics and oddly similar themes when you come down to it. (it also popularized the isekai genre, but that's less of an issue here)

It has some good moments, also the plug for A&W doesn't hurt.

But Haruhi started Light novels adaptation trend awhile ago. Waifubait animus were popular for even longer time. Art design trends are a thing that always existed. And If anything this one should trace it's lineage to oreimo anime adaptation of 2010 or something. (This is also from a dude who wrote Haganai, so yeah)
I'm not disagreeing with you on SWO influence, but putting current state of the Whole industry on it alone is a bit shortsighted. And this particular one is just unrelated.

I thought it was a parody considering how the main character's fetish is the constant butt of jokes.

It is, he just made his judgement based on the synopsis and the first pics he saw on google.
And the first episode is the ultimate normie filter.

Oh thank god. For a moment there I was worried I'd finally hit "drank the kool-aid" levels.

>"Parody"
That's literally the textual equivalent of "I was only pretending to be retarded". Parody takes wit and nuance. This has neither.

>Parody takes wit and nuance
They can take wit and nuance but most humorist are not even trying.
Hell, most parody are neither witty nor nuanced. Or do you think the myriad of caricatures posted during the american elections were complex and sophisticated?

Everything well written takes wit and nuance you buffoon.

Criticisms of the show aside, it's cool they have a normie who is along for the ride when the other cast does tabletop or card games. Reminds me when I had a friend who was new to the hobby and fell in love with it.

Anyone ever do a party where all the party members were family?

That doesn't make the lack of both any more acceptable