Warhammer 40kg /40kg/

AAAAAAAAAAAA edition

give thanks for LFGS Black Friday discounts sub-edition

>Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Spot where I replace the daily duncan video with some stupid youtube meme xDD.
youtube.com/watch?v=3nZDnj1peY8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tifv7qh_hmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orks 4 lyfe!

I Play salamanders and Blood angels

NEXT MONTH EVERY GAME WILL BE THE APPROPRIATE COLORS

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving Veeky Forums~

Deathwing vs Primaris chapter war, heard it here first

Happy Thanksgiving you dorks. Doing anything today, if not family related maybe game related?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tifv7qh_hmY

I don't celebrate your silly murrican turkey stuffing rituals.

See this stratagem? Now try to image 30 ork boys who use grappling hooks.

make a Chrimbo Tree related objective marker

OI M8

Happy Turkey Day /40kg/

Reminder there's nothing wrong with the Swarmlord or with the Necron/Blood Angel alliance, and that there's plenty of real fluff rape to worry about.

How do I reignite my nostalgia for 2nd/3rd Ed.? How do I get my old bloodlust back? Does anyone else have this problem? Should I try buying some old models?

So how did the China eBay thing go?

Are flamer aggressors any good without a transport or should one just try and convert the easy to build ones into bolter aggressors?

Got any tips for stores who have good Black Friday deals? I'm in Sweden, so anything from the UK is a safe bet. A store here in town has 10% off, but that's too low.

Goblin Green bases.

Ok, how do you make a good “elite” marine army without Guilliman?

I was thinking about a relic Contemptor, some assault terminators, a leviathan (double grav of course), and a vanguard squad as the main Spearhead of the army, with a librarian and captain backing them up, while 1-2 assault cannon razorbacks, a Stormraven, and maybe a devestator squad or two making up the backline. I’ll use scouts for troops cause cheap and dirty, what else? We’re doing a !not! Tournament fest for the holidays and I want to look good

I'd certainly stuff that Tyranid though.

I run them in my salamanders to great effect

Got nearly hit by a car because some moron doesn't know to brake at traffic lights. But then, it was just nearly - it's one of those moments in life where few inches make all the difference.

I live over 3000 miles from my family so I'm having my wargaming buds over for smoked turkey, beers, and warhammer.

Ai ain't a brit either.
Eternal Finn, planning for the eventual greater Finnic Khanate.

PLEASE MAKE THE BAAL PREDATOR WORTH TAKING

OR GIVE US THE FLYER VERSION THE STORMTALON

But I thought they already had them naturally as infantry.

What the fuck are these stratrgems.

Nice terminators brah

If bloodletters were 8" movement would they be better? I feel like the fact that they are space marine movement is some bullshit.

I CAST FIST

Is Chris Wraight any good?

tfw you have Tinnitus and collect Death Guard, so will never know silence in your life.

They're from the previewed 'Warzones' today - of almost value when discussing matched play.

quads of truth
also old models definitely helps, especially when youre spending the time painting them. it brings out that vibe

How do you run terminators. you just teleport them in, then what?

sternguard in drop pods/all termies

Infantry can only scale walls in the Cities of Death warzone. Else they need stairs, ladders, or ledges they can jump up.

He is the best that BL has to offer by far.

GW doesn't do Black Friday

Teleporting them in is good, especially if you're running lot of drop units. Some way to increase the likelihood of turn 1 charges, like Black Templar tactics, helps a lot

Stop playing marines and run an all carnifex list, 1 ooe and 21 carnifexes at 2000pts, you can't go wrong!

So if you fly onto a bastion no one can get up to you?

Flamers are nice if your enemy has a lot of T3/4 with crap saves that also want to get in your face quickly, but really it’s only overwatch that makes them valuable; mathhammer-wise both flamers and bolts get about the same # of hits, only thing is bolts have over double the range. So if you need some relatively cheap line protection that can fend off a charge relatively well, flamers. If you want an assault force that makes a good spearhead or second wave, bolters.

Remember these guys are surprisingly fast going upwards of 10” a turn and still firing. They’re great overwatch, if you stand still so you’re getting 14 (!!!!!!) S4 hits per model. Cooks about 25 gaunts or 3-4 warriors on their own fucking turn lmao with a basic squad

Flamers are what I like better, but as I’ve indicated that’s mostly cause I fight Nids a lot and need the protection.

Teleport on turn 1/2, fire any weapons then charge as soon as possible. They wreck shit hard but are kind of expensive, I love them and I always field them.

Are sternguard any good? Combo-meltas seem super fun, but so do a mass of storm bolters or special issue boltguns.

Teleport in and use CP to reroll charge with assault termies if you need
Screws shid up

>Nothing wrong with the necron/ba alliance

SKELLIES GET OFF MY PLANET

You're not allowed to put models on other models in this edition. That includes Fortifications.

I like to use combi plasmas and get the sweet rapid fire alpha strike vs an annoying enemy teq
there's lots of ways to run em

skellies are cool
vampire too
why can't tjey be friend

But you have a skeleton inside of you

Well

Thats dumb

If you're doing combis, no reason not to run Company Veterans. Sternguard are best with the special issue bolters

Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts are both undead user.

Actually does seem very viable, cheap plasma that gets very close very fast. Thanks for the tip. Any other star elite things?

Would a Lord Commissar lead Bullgryn lore wise?

ironclad dreadnought is pretty sound as well, even better if you have 2

>How do you run terminators. you just teleport them in, then what?
You fucking dont, because they're shit, unless you're running CSM termies with combimelta/plasma.
Loyalist Termies are fucking terrible and a liability in your list.
t.salty loyalist player that loves terminators

If I plan to advance a lot with say Plague marines is melta and blight weapons better than plasma and bolters?

How is plasma vs melta

That's fine I was talking plague termies.

speaking of terminators, how retarded would it be to run 5 terminators with stormbolters/powerfists/meltaguns? It comes out to 355pts but I am in short supply of anti-armor currently and this seems alright on paper

What size unit(s) do you use? I'm thinking 4 with the DI box captain being converted into a sergeant.

Elites is pretty much the best slot for Marines right now.

If you're running any large squads, Standard Bearers are excellent because they get you out-of-sequence shooting when models die. Apothecaries are good at bringing models back and healing wounded characters. Ironclad Dreads are good as said. Termies can drop in and scare people, while vanguard vets have surprising killing power.

How are you giving Terminators meltaguns?

Remembering minimum deep strike distance is more than the half range of the melta, so no 2d6 pick highest damage.

Need some help.

If I buy the Basilisk to make static earthshaker artillery for my Thousand Sons, can I use the tank parts to make anything useful? Like the salamander or chimera? Or am I missing useful parts (presumably the top of the tank)?

Lewdy lewdy the space buggy~

With the he terminator chat,mimj kicking myself that j built my Scarab Occult Termininatoes with a Flamer for 7th edition.

At least I can deep strike them with a terminator sorcerer and Warptime them

Can you try that again in English?

Deathwatch terminators
yeah that was one of my concerns but I did plan on charging afterwards

For that many points there are better dedicated anti-tank options

I think that might be a bad idea.

Seems like they'd get zoned easilly.

With all the he terminator chat, I'm kicking myself that i built my Scarab Occult Terminators with a Flamer for 7th edition.

(Retry and ignore

>Deathwatch terminators

Wouldnt it be better to give them 2 Asscans in the squad?.

You only get the hill, not the Chimera parts like the raised hull and turret.

I'm guessing you could get those bits somewhere online or get a spare hull bottom, slid it where the basilisk platform goes, and mount an gun of your liking there.

Oops :3

I plan on starting a world eater army, I already have a thing of zerkers and some warp talons, I plan on buying some more zerkers and talons tonight because Amazon.

Any suggestions? Dubs names the warband btw.

Is it possible to win games with amassed ork infantry in 8th? I always liked the feeling of the green tide but without heavy armor as a possibility I feel like I'm going to get tabled by every damn thing.

*Notices your skull* OwO What's this?

Green tide is THE ork tactic at the moment unfortunately. Anything else falls short

Green Tide is the best Ork list this edition

>literally costs as much as a land raider godhammer
>slow as fuck, easily zoned by cheap chaff units
>die very easily and quickly
>pretty much useless as soon as they get bogged down by a chaff unit
>one third of the points invested in the unit (meltaguns) are only useful for the first turn, as after that your termies are either dead or tarpitted

Just make zerkers, the entire army
Also "shit eaters" for warband's name

Copying a ynarri tourney list. Is spray paint enough to get started? Planning to focus on esports.

What's the best way to train competitively? is there an online program I can proxy vs other professionals?

"Angry Mormons"

3 for me is solid because of just how cheap they are, but 4 is good too (mathhammer it’s a really solid amount), but if I go up there I just get six and go for it.

Literally the best moment of 8th for me has been a full 6-man Squad doublefiring on G-man, miffing a charge on him, then when he charged killing him on goddamn overwatch. He respawned, but still it was so fucking badass for my sub-300 point squad killing a fucking primarch

Bait located

For the people who put "~" after a sentence to sound cute, I hope you die of fucking AIDS

Name them "The Monthly Tide'

true enough, maybe if they buff teleports I'll do it. Now to scrap together some better anti-armor

40K stat me
Be creative, naming , rules and fluff.

buy a predator/land raider/melta land speeders

>esports
>in tabletop wargaming
>using ynnari
Dude, get this bait out of here
0/10 way too obvious and unfunny.

I need a model of that. 10. 20.

Killstardo Abominates.

The Gay Retards

Ynarri have the best lore. not even bait I was looking at a 2nd place list and thought about copying it. Would love to train online though. Is there any online apps people use in the pro scene to get games in?

Honestly, for how expensive the Termies are, even a Land Raider with lascannons would be better, far more range and durability and the ability to stick around in the game longer if you give your opponent more dangerous targets to worry about

The giga niggas

I really wish Deathwatch got some point drops and that GW sold the vehicle weapon sprues separately

Hormagaunt with rending claws and a reanimation protocol.

I'll be busy taking fat dick from 40k boys~ Turns out Marine players don't care that much if you're a natural girl or a boy with boobs.