EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
How would you make a color combo you think is weak better?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-granny/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fish-grandma/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-11-17-heroes-never-die/
youtube.com/watch?v=P_UTlCqVjOY
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/215712-rakdos-demonic-stax#c1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Bident of Thassa but Boros"

So I'm somewhat new to EDH and like monogreen but all the commanders that tickle my fancy look like they all rely on this prick to win games. Is Craterhoof the only win con for mono G decks?

Give white more ramp and easier draw. At the very least more functional reprints of Land Tax, Mesa Enchantress, Sram, and Mentor.

pretty much, there are a bunch of cards to bascially do the same thing but at the end of the day its all hoofdaddy

Omnomnomnath can use Helix Pinnacle, Titania can use Food Chain, Ezuri does it himself, and if you're concerned over budget just use Pathbreaker Ibex a few times.

All 4-color combos now have extra partner commander options and/or more than a single 4-color creature per color

Reposting from previous:
Help a scrub play a better cookie-cutter deck anons.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-granny/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fish-grandma/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-11-17-heroes-never-die/

user, are you retarded? Do you even speak English? The fuck are you trying to say in that thread question.

>How would you make a color combo you think is weak better?
It's fine. A little awkward but totally understandable you whiny faggot.
"How would you improve a color combo that you find weak?"

an enchantment in white that reads creatures with power 3 or greater cannot attack, draw a card during your upkeep. exile 3 creatures sac this card

What is wrong with it? I can understand it perfectly and seemingly everyone else can too.

Im not going to bore you with grammatical nuance, but it's fucked.

"What colour combos need improvement, and how would you improve them?"

You're already boring me. Nobody cares. Everybody understood. Kill yourself.

>Im not going to bore you with grammatical nuance,
>"I realized brain no work for a second but I've gotta double down on an internet fight."

You guys literally post with these faggots. The absolute state of /edhg/.

>i wont explain whats wrong with perfectly functional sentence but but just believe me anyway

ok

Feel free to leave any time.

>How would you make a color combo you think is weak better

Make mardu more control based

impossible without spending thousands on legends rares however.

I refuse to use ching chong fakes.

Chinese fakes are fine user.

how is mardu not control based? white and black have amazing amounts of control in it

Not that user but the sentence is fucked. Make is the wrong verb in context, and better is a dangling adjective with no descriptor. Really, he wanted the word improve instead of make because it describes bettering something that is weak, but I understand why he didn't want to type out all that nonsense in a magic thread.

Mental misstep.

>has both black and white
>not control based

Outside of literally counterspells what more do you want that those colors can't do? Shit even red can blow stuff up.

>friends are shit deckbuilders
>spend hundreds of dollars
>decks are still garbage fires
>set hard $60 budget
>EDH is suddenly fun
It's like seeing color for the first time.

no they aren't I've bought sets from proxyqueen, villa zheng and others, all don't compare to real ones, villa comes close to the actual colors but the hue of the borders are WAY off, too saturated anyone who knows vintage mtg will tell you this.
I like to build around my generals, I main Atraxa and Nin ( used to use Leovold )
I've just yet to see a mardu general in EDH with really good control, kaalia is the obvious newbie player choice and Alisha dies to everything.

>been playing for 15 years
>3 guys start playing for 4 months
>build 500 dollar EDH decks
>they whoop everyones asses at lgs league
>nobody plays EDH there anymore

I run him in Seton but I have a bunch of infinite mana outlets in there too

I can't figure out how to build this guy, but I want to.

Keep doing different things with Boros commanders. Depala and Avacyn, though underwhelming, are better than the same old combat trigger beaters we always get.

My kind of people right there user.

My LGS does various EDH leagues on our own time secludes since that's what most players lean to now after set releases. It's good, makes the store money and with the shit Wizards has been pulling recently it's a good thing.

Hey "absolute state"-user, you're spreading yourself thin

Pillowfort, goad, force everyone to attack everyone else.
Finishing move is Insurrection

Since tcgplayer is doing a ten percent off deal for all singles what staples should I buy? Or should I finally get a Gaea's Cradle?

Don't worry user, they'll keep printing shit like pic related for all of the reserved list cards. So eventually in EDH madru control will be possible and you will get the general you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_UTlCqVjOY

how do I explain to my table the commander exile rules without just making them watch this video? Got into a huge argument about it last time and my phone doesn't have data so I couldn't prove it

Cradle, all reserved list cards will only rise in value. Bite the bullet now.

Where do you see their deal? Only site I've seen with proof of an event is CardKingdom

I hope so, I want a really oppressive Madru general that WON'T get banned like Leovold did for bug.

Leovold did nothing wrong.

So glad I got my Judge Cradle when I did. Nabbed it for $430 about a week before it spiked to its current insane price.

>Leovold did nothing wrong.

>being a spike player

I own two cradles one in atraxa one in my reserve safe so yea same friend. also got in on the Shaharazads, Drop of Honey and All Hallow's Eve buy outs. Always listen to your gut on mtg reserve lists buys.
:^)
I play in a super competitive league for cash, can't help it lad, mostly spike EDH players around in my area.

Isn't playing for cash illegal?

Got no idea, been doing it at my LGS for a good bit tho never had the cops come busting in lol.

Unless Wizards has some fuck all rule against it I'm not aware of. We don't use the DCI system tho, The store gets a cut and we all have fun so whats the big deal?

Fiend Hunter and its friends are easy enough to explain if your opponents know how the stack works, and all the new "until ~ leaves the battlefield" cards are trash so it shouldn't ever be relevant.

Explain to them that Banishing Light and Banisher Priest have one paragraph, and the returning to battlefield clause doesn't look for a card that is necessarily in exile. Replacement effects do not cause objects to become new objects. Honestly it's a tough sell without a judge to cite, even though it's correct.

Depends on the state user lives in, the rules on playing mtg for cash pretty much don't exist in most places.

the fiend hunter one I can explain well as it doesn't introduce any new concepts so it doesn't sound like I'm just pulling something out of my ass to cheat. It's the replacement effects that are just rules they've never heard of so they think I'm wrong

What is "eggs"?

Cancer.

Skycloud, Darkwater, Shadowblood, Mossfire, and Sungrass Eggs are a cycle of 1 cmc artifacts with activated abilities "2, {T}, Sacrifice: Add {Y}{Z} to your mana pool. Draw a card" where Y and Z are a pair of allied colors. Later on we got Chromatic Star and Chromatic Prism, which are much the same, but for one mana they make one mana of any color. The eggs strategy is to stack such things, that can sacrifice themselves for a card draw and no net mana lost, along with cards like Lotus Petal and Lotus Bloom, which sacrifice themselves for mana, in order to chain cards like Second Sunrise, Scrap Mastery, and Faith's Reward together, ending with drawing and floating arbitrary gobs of mana.

not allowed in my house along with other such favorites like stax and lantern control

Along the same lines, what is 4 horsemen?

apparently tomorrow there is a 10% kickback on tcgplayer. should i finally pull the trigger on a new EDH deck or buy into modern affinity?

Which do you play more of, Modern or EDH?

Is this a Legacy thread?
Four Horsemen is a deck that uses Basalt Monolith and Mesmeric Orb to mill a player's entire deck, get out Narcomoebas, (optionally shred your opponent's hand with Cabal Therapy), flashback a Dread Return to get a Sharuum into play, use that to grab a Blasting Station, and then keep milling Narcomoebas and saccing them to Blasting Station to kill your opponent. You also keep one copy of Emrakul in your deck to shuffle everything back in and loop.
This turns out to be a problem. Because your deck's arrangement is random, you have no guarantee that you'll hit, a Sharuum, a Dread Return, and a Blasting Station before you mill Emrakul. Therefore you can't shortcut the game into that scenario, and since the board state doesn't significantly change between loops, at events with a judge you're likely to get hit with a Slow Play violation.

There's no pauper general. Why no pauper general. Anyways, I play Edh and pauper exclusively so maybe some other bros can help me out.
Sat out of pauper probably a year. I have a bunch of UB staples, what has changed in the past year. How does UB delver, teachings and alchemy stand?
Also haven't played EDH in the same time. My pet deck is Slobad, any huge shake ups in the format? Kaladesh bring me any cool toys?

usually EDH

>Why no pauper general

because pauper isnt popular

Paupular

Pathbreaker Ibex
Myojin of Life's Web
Genesis Wave
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Triumph of the Hordes

Or just really big dudes like this guy.

Create a Boros commander that has some form of card advantage built into it.

Can you point me to the paper pauper banlist? I don't think one exists and I think that's why your support is so small.

I would just slot hymn to tourach in your deck and fuck kids though.

That Modern player does not represent us.

You could play Ghalta when he comes out, he wins with Ashnod's Altar, Vizier of the Menagerie, Primeval Bounty, and Bontu's Monument.

What are some creatures you wish were legendary so you could build around them?

Bump pls

What's lantern control

a really fucking annoying modern deck

This bad boy.

Great fucking taste, user. Love this card.

I tried putting him in Nath, I tried Hapatra, but no. I want to build around him and him only. Also, best art.

>Ragemutts pull the chariots of the Butcher Clowns, a trio of wingless, zombified faeries formerly of the Izzet.

These things deserve a card so bad it's not even funny.

>Grusilda, Monster Masher
>Combine Heartless Hidetsugu and Rakdos Ragemutt

Thanks user, someone was talking about it like it was some sort of legendary deck of ultimate fuckery. It seems strong, but more tedious than anything. I heard something about shuffling until your cards melted, or something like that? Idk, I guess he was way off base.

imma try scorp god

Tell me if it works.

Definitely Tree of Perdition. Dragon Mage would be my waifu.

You're a spicy bastard, I hope you know that user.

how would the end step work with both? only once or would it loop for a time?

You put him in a dimir wheels deck. Maybe Grixis if you're a real sadist.

I bet astral slide cycling zur could also be pretty nifty.

When someone starts a non-deterministic loop, that being a loop where the number of iterations is unknown an potentially infinite, you have a few options. If you're in an actual event, you make them play it out, with a judge nearby to call slow play. If you're at home, the reasonable thing to do is forfeit, give them the win, and go do something better. The tedium arises when you're too stubborn to quit, but lack the authority to make them quit, so you just sit there as they shuffle their deck until the end of time.

What is Basilisk Collar/Loxodon Warhammer and greaves/boots/haste

So I found an interesting deck online, and I'm wondering if it's any good. I really like the concept, but let's see if we can improve it at all.

>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/215712-rakdos-demonic-stax#c1

I mostly liked the name "staxdos" but it seems like a reasonable idea. Does anyone have experience with this sort of deck? Seems like I can cut some of the obvious pingers and things for more gas/mana rocks.

>cancer.dec

Obligatory

>shouldn’t it be a 16/16?

One of the longest, most annoying matchups you never want to have.

I bought a foil master biomancer because I thought he was legendary when I got into magic. I even had a complete bullshit deck built around him.

Anyways, I guess I'd run this guy.

You could use Hapatra or Scorpion God as a commander and then include Archfiend in the 99 as your “secret commander.” There are plenty of ways to tutor it up in black. I know it’s not the same, but...

I’ve never seen this card but I would love to build around it. Good choice!

I remember some user putting grafted exoskeleton on him and saying if you bounced blasphemous act off it, and it'll kill a player with infect, but really, since the damage is redirected, infect doesn't apply.

It would be hilarious though.

Ive been savng this question for when I make an EDHG thread but i havent been lucky enough to get the timing down with work. With that being said, if hypothetically, every legendary also had partner, what two would you run? And what do you think would be the spikiest shit you could pull.

Radha+Venser.

Should I buy promo force spikes or izzet vs golgari? I'm fine either way because I like both arts. (Pic is my altered Ugin, because why not.)

Derevi and Narset for maximum Prison/Enchantress fuckery because my LGS is full of no-fun-allowed cancer.

Daretti and Arcum

>Thread Question
Give Jund a Commander that isn't sacrifice-based.

Happy thanksgiving

Post your favorite creature

So how can we get mtga to have a good edh community guys?You did remember to sign up for the beta right?

I'm assuming nonlegendary