Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Best OC Faction edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: pastebin.comq/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p531-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p532-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p533-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p534-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p535-02.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Malekith being dumb and arrogant enough to forget that Fire is hot was a good idea

Seconding for Malekith is a shitcunt.

Fourth for how do you guys set up your sieges on tabletop?

Anyone been running any RPG campaigns?

My vampire campaign is coming to an end. Last session is this sat.

Is this any good?

but maybe he thought it was spicy hot, not regular hot?

When creating a list in battlescribe it limits my choosing of empire heroes and lords to one of each, eg: one battle wizard, one warrior priest etc.

I've checked over the WHFB and Empire rule books and I can't see this limitation in a rule anywhere. Am I being an idiot or is this the usual battlescribe fuck up? If I'm wrong could i get a book/page reference if possible.

Me and a friend are getting into fantasy but he has never played TT wargames and I've only got HH experience so are unfamiliar with the ruleset.

I’ve not been able to get a session in these last two weeks, but next week we’re back at it.
It’ll be more crimes and maybe uncovering a mystery!

So, what big event would you want to follow on Storm of Chaos? What global campaign would happen? Talk concept or fluff, whatever you feel

If you can't find it in the rulebook it's usually a battlescribe-error.

As a WoC-fan I'd love a huge reconquista-style campaign were the gathered armies of order drive back the chaos hordes and other filth. The dwarfs would focus on retaking long lost holds while the Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev and a large expedition of Helves took the fight to the lands of chaos.

>Saltzpyre distraught over being expelled from the Order
>Sienna comforts him in spite of herself

Running adventures in Kislev. Party are investigating a series of disappearances that includes a good Samaritan noble.

Honestly, nothing too soon after SoC. I hate it when there are 2000 years of fucking nothing and then within 30 years, shit goes down constantly. SoC, Albion and Nemesis Crown all happened during Karl Franz, that should be enough for that period.
I'd go to the past and explore there. Lustria or War of Vengeance would be interesting campaigns, although those would preclude Empire from participating. I wouldn't be too mad about that, though, as an Empirefag. Or do something a little less worldthreatening 100 years in the past or future, like a Bretonnian Crusade, an Ogre Migration, some inter-province Squabble or a campaign launched to retake Sylvania.
What's important to aknowledge is that whatever you do, two or three factions will get all the spotlight and two or three will barely even able to participate at all. And that's fine as long as you don't go full retard and make every campaign Imperium vs Chaos like in 40k. Just spread out the love.

Cheers, I figured that's the case since I've not been able to find the rule anywhere and many guides implied taking more than one hero or lord.

Straße rebuilding Khemri, Strigoi joining in to get Strygos back.

Fuck me meant Setra.

>Straße
Who?

Alternate history Hitler Settra

> I hate it when there are 2000 years of fucking nothing and then within 30 years, shit goes down constantly.
Shit just seems to be that way because the setting takes place during a particular time. Actually there are loads of stuff that happened before that, it's just that we as outsiders/non-historians know next to nothing about it. The same is true in real life history. The less you know about something the more monotone and happening-less it appears. That's why history seem so dull and uneventful to people who are not into it.

Sections of walls are treated like buildings (effects like cracks call and the like effect it like normal houses and towers). Gates have T7 (T8 for dwarven holds) and various wounds depending on situation, only destroyed by artillery and monsters. Scaling walls requires two columns, one movement phase to set up, next turn to fit unit's (anything not able to fit on the wall remains at ground level until able to fit). Attackers get more points, determined before game and situational.
We are still working it all out, alot of times just wing it because we care more about a fun game.

I’ve always thought it’d be cool to do a Vampire War style conflict where a Von Carstein (probably Mannfred) is trying to become Emperor, but perhaps has backing from other Electors.
Maybe the Reikland Elector after Franz/Franz’s descendent is weak and the Von Carstein promises an eternally strong Emperor, throwing some Blood Kisses for Electors into the deal. You could have The Red Duke rise up again to claim the crown of Bretonnia (aided by Von Carstein so they can have an ally in the West), Strigori fighting Orcs in the Badlands so they can have a new Empire, Necrachs stealing warpstone from the Skaven for a Nagadh Curse 2...

Basically Undead Verses Living. You could have fun posters of “Mannfred For Emperor”.

Battlescribe still has some strange bugs. It still tells me I can't have more then oe unit of clan rats

That movement tray isn't a bad effort.

Looks good but to be hones a bit heavy for me for a meta-game.

Albion campaign. Big battle royal of all the factions fighting for some magic ding-a-ling. Bring in the giants, bring in the Fimir and jobs a good un'.

so, are skullcrushers actually OP or are my local gaming group just scrubs? because due to popular request (whining) they are now banned from low points games

Yes Skullcrushers are very good, pretty much an auto include.

I wouldn't ban them though. What a bunch of Doyles.

it happened after 3 skullcrushers and a exalted champ on demonic steed basically soloed a 1500 point VC army, killed around 1250 points

Its WHTT with real miniatures its amazing if you can pull it off with a play-group.

Kek, I hope your squealed and screamed blood for the blood God to really anally annihilate them.

They're good but that disaster sounds like it was more the VC doing.

he brought black knights, a vamp lord, and some bats first

then corpse cart GG and zombies after

got a flank charge with the black knights, issued challenge and had the lord die to my exalted, then couldnt scratch my duded while losing rez badly

How many BK did he have? 10+ of those and a blender lord should have been okay against SK.

around 7, and it wasnt a full blender lord since he wanted morghasts in his army

the crushers also killed those, or what remained after they fought some warriors

did you know that a khorne exalted champ with great weapon and demonic steed is really nasty? he might have had something else but he was quite cheap I believe

Ah you always go full blender. What a wazzock.

not sure he could fit it in, a blender lord is quite expensive, and it was a small scale game

also thats why you take lore of death

Well that's no wonder really. Such a setup is atleast 500 points of supreme khornate blending competence. If people try to tackle them head on in cc they're doing it wrong and will in most cases lose. Instead you handle them by redirectors, frenzy-exploiting and magic. Lore of Metal should melt the fuckers right away.

>Lore of Metal
>VC

but yes, the issue was that the armies in the group were Ogres, Vc, Greenskins, Beastmen, Dark elves and some really incompetent empire

Oh and artillery can be used to great effect against them.

Ind soon

Hehe missed that we were talking about VC. In such case a terrorgheist should be able to wreck quite a bit of havoc with one or two successful screams and Lore of Death can be used to snipe off the hero.

Ind will never happen.
A shame really.

>terrorgheis
>lore of death
both valid answers he should have used (and which I pointed out) but something something "I shouldnt have to list tailor just to beat those fucking things"

but some context:
small scale campaign/tourney thing - 1000 to 1500 points
no changing your army list
no changing lores

>tfw even if Araby, Ind, Cathay, and Nippon get stuff my sjw friend who's into warhammer will just bitch about it being racist stereotypes

Sure, just make a Campaign during those times then. A Lustria campaign would be great for Lizards and Skaven, or do a big Malekith vs High Elves one, or whatever. There's a lot of potential if you are fine with shit not being world threatening.

hey dudes this is my tray. should i drybrush again after the wash or just get on with the grass tufts now?

Mine starts this sunday. An elf, a dwarf and a halfling will find eachother in Agbeiten, Averland, struggling to wade through guild wars, economic coups and cattle rustlers

I want to start with the lore of warhammer does it worth the time?
if the answer is yes, recommend me a reading order please.

Actually, Stom of Chaos happens after Dark Shadows. Albion has no more giants as the Lizardmen killed everything that wasn't a Lizardman there. It's canon, check the 6th edition Lizardmen armybook.

I'd give it another brush

Alternative slogans
>Takes a licking, keeps on kicking!
>He's not batty!
>For Now, Forever!
>He'll be fang-ful!
>It's in his blood!

Why isn't he already doing that for warhammer's depiction of germans, french, scandinavians, egyptians, turks canadians and mongols?

I like it the way it is.

Read the lore in the rulebook and after that branch out to the lore in the army books that appealed to you.

A mercenary party led by a tilean noble that wants to massacre merchants who stole his land is trying to make some money in empire.
10/10 campaign, it feels great to GM. I will expand on this when I return from my sleep

what I want to know is if there are essential books to understand the lore/history of warhammer.
I just want to have a general view of the world no matter if that spoils me individual stories of some races in the way.

you cant be racist again wypipo, because racism is discrimination+power. Also trying to say you don't care about real life politics being shoved into a hobby results in him saying "that's easy for you to say when you're not the one being hurt by these depictions". The guy is like a /pol/ boogeyman come to life.

What do we know about Ind from the fluff? I know about them having a billion gods of different stuff like mouse and weevils, and tiger-headed beastmen.
Do they have a caste system? What's their government like? What sort of army do you think they'd have?

The rulebook gives you the basics of the setting and the armybooks gives you the basics of their 'race'.

What sort of retard are you associating with that consider mongols, egyptians (and arguable turks) to be white?
Also, have you tried explaining to him that terms doesn't change definition just because he want them to?

>What's their government like?
>What sort of army do you think they'd have?

Ind isn't one state but several of varying size and (sub)culture.

People said the same about Fimir.

Fimir have supported models.

lorenewb here
Can dark elves work with high elves?
Can Wood elves work with high elves?

Has GW ever actually made Hobgoblin miniatures?

For Warmaster I think.

Dark Elves and High Elves? No. Never.
High Elves and Wood Elves? Sure, but unlikely since the high elves abandoned the Old World.

>coin is literally called gold
>made of ivory
ebin

Playing in a 2e game as a Knight Errant, having a blast even if I'm almost dying every session

Can elves grow beards? I want to rp a high elf but I don't know if it would be against canon.

Source? Did they do a Vermintide comic?

Greasus Goldtooth and a massive army of ogres invading the old world. Make the ogres actually relevant for once. Either that, or have the tomb Kings start launching their wars of reconquest

Fucking bastards, I hate those scaly fucks even more now.

You mustn't have got the memo M8, can't be racist against white people apparently.

can one of you frens please explain how i can calculate warhammer fantasy table top combat

t.brainlet

Anyone with experience using Flagellants? Sounds like they can dish out some real hurt quick, but with their frailty and habit of killing themselves, seems like you'd have to bring a serious number of them if you want to use them more than once each battle

they are the reason why my favorite fantasy race, dragon ogres, were pushed to the edge of extinction

skaven / chaos invasion of lustria best day of my fucking life

Running a fairly new 2e game with a group of 4 all playing wood elves. (their decision)
4 games in and they've already survived an ungor ambush by a ragged band of survivors from a recently failed brayherd, discovered the secret fate of a nearby retired Bretonnian Questing Knight and his wife, (his entire village was turned into zombies by his wife, who became a necromancer through a tome she found in a corpse cart. He became a wight) and are in the process of returning to their home with a captured Witch Elf who they believe is the long ago captured daughter of a renowned High Elf envoy and was the sole survivor of a Dark Elf shipwreck.
All of these things happened while they were tracking down a strange green meteor that was believed to have crashed somewhere near the coast, west of the Forest of Arden.

They're alright, they'll never run away but Empire special has a lot of stuff in it I'd rather take like a cannon, demi-gryph knights or inner circle knights.

Krakanrok awakens

As foretold all the dead dragon ogres rise from the grave

Category 5 happening as the world reacts to the eldest race chimping out.

>elves
>beards

Beards are a Dwarf thing and for that reason alone they are probably very unfashionable. Maybe if an Elf went rogue or something.

google mathhammer

solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p531-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p532-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p533-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p534-02.htm
solegends.com/citcat1993/cat1993p535-02.htm

In the Malus Darkblade series, multiple druchii are described as having mustaches - apparently this is a fashion thing.

Yeah they were metal, I have two of the old metal bolt throwers.

Russian Alternative sell some with bows that fit the GW aesthetic perfectly if you want some.

They also had a Dogs of War regiment. Those sculpts are a bit more recent than the ones linked here
You'll notice they are vaguely mongolian looking.

There's also Ghazak Khan and all the pre-4th edition hobgoblins.

Except that the Fimir exist within the boundaries of the Old World that have been fleshed out. As there are no playable armies in the Ind region it wouldn't make sense to include it when we still need Chaos Wastes and the Dark Lands which also implies that we'll get a bit of the Steppe to connect the two.

Speaking of Hobgobs, does anywhere make GW looking Goblins? The plastic kit looks horrible now and I think it's been discontinued anyway.

Oh wait, they still sell the old forest Goblins, under gitmob grots.

Yes.

Reading order frankly doesn't matter, but if you want to approach things like an oldfag, start with Drachenfels - note that this novel is VERY old, and a lot of the lore in it has since been retconned.

A more practical approach would be to start with the Gotrek & Felix series, which tours the old world and its civs. The first two authors are good. Someone mentioned Slayer is also good but I didn't read it.

From there, you can move on to Brunner the Bounty Hunter. Honestly, it also functions as an alternate start, though almost all his stories happen in Tilea and Bretonnia so it's slightly less well rounded than G&F.

If you want something a bit weirder, move on to Malus Darkblade. Yes, it's cheesy as fuck. It will grow on you.

In isolation, I recommend Beasts in Velvet, a much better novel in the setting by the same author as Drachenfels.

Elf ass only tangentially related.

Gay.

Retconning it that they lost and lost so badly they got a Slann killed somehow too. Also Be'lakor got fucked.

Those aren't forest goblins, those are common goblins.

There's too many fucking Goblins in this game.