/HoRKTG/ - Heralds of Ruin Kill Team General

8th edition is here edition

>What is HoR Kill Team?

Heralds of Ruin Kill Team is a fan-made unofficial expansion to Warhammer 40,000 that allows you to fight more intimate, more narrative driven games of Warhammer 40,000. Instead of fighting across vast battlefields controlling armies of hundreds of troops, you take control of a small task force with a handful of warriors. Its better then Shadow War: Armageddon, its got more armies then Necromunda.

>Link to the Rules
heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.com/p/kill-team-rules.html
First thread questions, do you prefer just playing skirmishes or narrative campaigns?

What kind of lists will you make?

Why doesn't Ad Mech have rules yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/kill-team-operation-konor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So why play HoR over Necromunda?

Having more armies really isn't an excuse, and last I heard the HoR balancing is a PoS because of fanboy's pushing their own armies.

If you like the idea of a narrative campaign, but don't know how to start, there is a rule set for that. Here are a few maps yo ucan use as well, I recommend using Google Earth for the KML overlays it provides. Great for adding objectives, as well as moving the FLOT

HoR allows you to play what ever models you have, so no need to pay for gangs, as well as using basic warhammer 40k 8th ed rules. So nothing you haven't already paid for to enjoy the game you like.

As far as balancing goes, its a WiP no doubt. Most armies seem very fair respectfully. This is in part because they didn't change the point coast for models or war-gear available to you. Sure, bring a 50 point model armed with a heavy plasma cannon, but when it dies what are you going to do?

I find it more enjoyable because it lets me, and my community, to play the armies we like in a smaller setting where we create a warband with life and stories built by the games we play.

Another map.

>go through the list
>none of mine or my friend's armies have finished lists
I guess you can count it as ready to play if you play Space Marines vs Space Marines, geez.

>This is in part because they didn't change the point coast for models or war-gear available to you.
That doesn't mean it's balanced, 40k was designed for a different ruleset.

What army do you play? There is a pretty decent selection.

You should give it a try. I've only played twice with this rule set. I'd like to see what we could do to it if it is unbalanced!

>TFW your group doesn't want to play Kill Team/anything like it, "because we want to play actual full games."

>Literally only play the same boring apoc game vs Tyranids every week.

Yeah, I've been playing this: warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/kill-team-operation-konor/ as a kill team replacement in 8th, and the problems with 8th in kill team become apparent pretty quickly, so I'll definitely see if the boys are up for a few matches of HOR to see how balance goes. It's just not going to be inherently balanced just because it uses the same points as 40k.

I should add, not that the balance really matters THAT much, because nobody's out there WAACing kill team. It's just not all that fun when you get tabled through no fault of your own.

That sounds really lame, I'm sorry for you user.

Maybe try and get new people into the hobby shop? I have had similar issues in the past, and I solved it by bringing 5 more people into the fold. There interests aligned with mine perfectly, and in turn we have a good showing.

I totally understand your point. If anything, I hope that Veeky Forums might be able to steer this beast into the correct lane for a game that's fun for everyone to play!

I get it, I was tabled in my first game, re-attacked my list (guard) by bringing 3 vet mortar teams, scions, and some vet guards men. Sadly I quickly tabled my enemy. It wasn't fun for either of us and it wasn't my intent. Tau lists struggle hard in this game.

less than half of the armies listed? very decent indeed.
I play Orks and Talons and neither of those lists is finished

There facebook group regularly posts WiP army opuses. If you would like anything changed or have any great ideas they are very open to the help as its a small crew.

>Scions rolled into Guard.
Fuck that.

>Primarus into normal space marines
Agreed.

How does the Op Konor play out?

As far as playing 40k in a skirmish setting ive heard that using the AoS Skirmish rule book is decent. Alot of work to change everything to fit but it can work.

>death guard codex is docx with fucked up formatting

this used to be the problem, don't know if the 8e versions are any good

there's lots of chaff that's shit or incomplete or doesn't matter (like heresy) although you're free to ignore what you don't like

I'm going to try this

honestly between shadow war Armageddon, warhammer world's kill team rules, and necromunda we don't need heralds of ruin.

The HOR rules documents are always an inconsistent poorly jumbled collection of fan-wank, often missing critical details for some armies.

Can we fix it? Not really because mostly we don't have the source documents or we're too lazy to reverse engineer their atrocious art assets.

In a couple hours necromunda gang-war will be out and you can just drop the xp+advancement system from that book ($35) into 40k Skirmish.

You have point costs for models and wargear base. Agree in your group model count (ie 3-20 troop, 0-10 elite, 0-10 heavy) and starting funds and away you go.

If you want LD checks just use bravery stat as a 2d6-roll-under check to pass.

Bam, I just wrote a more coherent and fair HoR

God speed user. But I thought GW released on Saturdays?

Do you just post on this site non-stop and ignore any form of news or input?

GW did a 2 week pre-order/build up centered around Necromunda Releasing on black friday.

With the leaks we've known for a month that it was out a day early

>Do you just post on this site non-stop and ignore any form of news or input?

No. I don't post often and I just got back from a work related trip to Korea.

It's an alright band-aid. We had to make a lot of house rules up on the fly, like LOS (50% obscured = +1 cover, not just being in a terrain piece). It's not unplayable though, just a bit awkward at times.

Facebook ork group just posted a new version of ork list, I gave it a quick glance, seemed mostly fluffy and solid.