An althistory modern catholic world setting

I made a map for my althistory project of a modern catholic dominated setting.
Do you have any constructive criticisms or advices?
Are my borders ok? I have some doubts on how dividing the areas outside Europe besides the Latin Empire.
Thanks!

>1
Your antarctica is boring. The different factions only border one other state.
>2
The factions are honestly quite boring. What's the theme or idea here? The holy roman empire grew big but the church wraggled out of control?
You could stick with a theme, like a couple of different nations based on a large religion (orthodox russia, luther-christian europe, and so on...)

The idea that the entire world could ever be under the direct rule of just four polities is ludicrous. Even if the entire world is divided into a small number of blocks, there are internal divisions within each block. This in turn helps you figure out what the internal politics of each block are like.

Thanks.
>The different factions only border one other state.
How would you fix that?
>The holy roman empire grew big but the church wraggled out of control?
I like that one.
>like a couple of different nations based on a large religion (orthodox russia, luther-christian europe, and so on...)
Yeah there should be more differences...

>Even if the entire world is divided into a small number of blocks, there are internal divisions within each block. This in turn helps you figure out what the internal politics of each block are like.
A bit how the Latin Empire is at least divided in three?

I am confident there are no administrative difficulties to be expected when California, England, Siberia and New Zealand are under centralized rule.

Instead of dividing antarctica into 'roughly square blocks' maybe divide it into a couple of spherical zones with a bunch of 'no man's land'. Maybe the rest of the world is being kept in a fragile peace while the powers that be sends soldiers to antarctica to wage a meaningless war.

>Your antarctica is boring. The different factions only border one other state.
you are a brainlet

first post DUMBEST post

What is it with alt-history settings and 'celtic unions'? I swear I see one of these things in every single one. Is it just the potatoniggers and burgerpotatoniggers trying to hype themselves up?

>Holy roman empire
>England

Wat

Ok guys, I tried to fix the problems I pointed out and to apply the suggestions I could.
So here the v2, is that one better?

If in this story Stralya was colonized first by europeans, it should be a protectorate or a colonial nation.
And celtic africa imo should be another indipendent faction, maybe a with celtic-christian-african syncretic religion

Why are the Latin Empire and the Holy Roman empire two different entities?

The Latin Empire is what happened when HRE Nobles sacked the Byzzies so its logical that the two would get together after a while.

Like that?
I don't really know what version is better, this one or ?
Maybe the Latin Empire became independant because of how powerful they became in that timeline?
I still kinda see them as a diplomatic middleman between the HRE and the New World so I guess that's still fitting.

>a modern catholic dominated setting.
And I thought 40k was grimdark enough.

Minor update

Why make it alt-history and not just historically-themed fantasy? You have to justify (however vaguely) alt-history, you don't need to justify fantasy.

The point I'm getting at is that this is garbage, the map is garbage, you are garbage, start over.

What's wrong with my map and would fantasy would be better suited?

*why would fantasy be better suited?

Because you obviously said
>let me just vaguely color in this map and then work backwards to justify it
Which is fine, just stop justifying it. Rule of Cool is king, and make your setting outlandish to justify.

That was my attempt at creating a catholic dominated alt-history though.

It's unlikely that the HRE would manage to get that big, even in a catholic-dominate world.
Celtic union is a meme too. They have stopped being relevant since the union of Scotland and England. And Ireland never had much potential anyway.
Why is South America under the possession of the Church? The agreements that the Pope himself mediated divided it under spanish and portuguese rule.
The latin Empire is way to big.

Europe wasn't unified after hundreds of years of Catholocism. Why would a few hundred more help?

Ok fine, I will stop at least for now and maybe rethink the basics.

Why is it Atlantisch if it touches the Pacific?

Because this map makes no sense and OP is a retard