Kamigakari Thread

Legendary Arms RPG Kamigakari Thread

Previous thread: Last time:
>- storytime
>- GMing advice
>- Mononoke are wierd
>- Stylistic opinions on weapons and opinions on the comfort or lack thereof of pants and shorts

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

JTTRPG Discord - Look for games in "On-Topic", Not "General"
discord.gg/9RUTurB

Kamigakari is a JTTRPG Focused on episodic storytelling, with simple but tight mechanics.

Its design goal is to start players spread out, getting involved with the episodes peculiarities, and eventually coming together to fight a big bad, A la Power rangers, Kamen rider, Magical girl shows, and other such shows in that vein.

TL;DR, Its a Monster of the Week Format game with an emphasis in the fluff on high power shenanigans of just about every type.
Remember boys and girls, Japanese schedules suck, so JTTRPGS are optimized toward quick and easy sessions.
That said, they can be adapted for longer ones.

yeah boi, thread

>tfw no game today, because GM was sick

are you the one who posted ?

yeah ;v;

Hopefully you will have better luck next session.

What kind of character did you make?

I know that feel, my GM had to bail on our last session to. It's understandable but still a bit of a shitter

A Cyborg Legacy User B/Dragon Carrier A, the INVINCIBLE steel superman, the embodiment of VICTORY, Unit 04, Sieg Murasame!

Is that how they are marketed by their employer or how they see themselves?

I'm imagining something similar to how Robocop was marketed early upon release by OCP but done up in a flashy japanese style.

Originally named Unit 04 for the Victory Project (aka "V Project"), he was then taken under custody by a woman named Shiori Murasame, who, being the fun-loving and screwy lass she was, decided to make him her "adoptive son", and deigned to call him Sieg. (Even then, she occasionally calls him "Jeeg" or "Zeek".) Though I haven't gotten around to working with the GM in getting him worked into the setting, admittedly because of a lack of initiative on my part. Please admonish me.

Pic related is the ideal Titan Armor body. You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Hot damn, you got that OP down.

Nice. I woulda said something about crowdsourcing some OP pics, since "Yes" won in the poll, but otherwise awesome.

I mean, if he's using the baseline setting, its not hard. You have most of the details needed hammered out right there.

This might work as one

Oh sweet. I tought I was going to be stuck only using official art in any
Kamigakari Thread I ended up making.
Was not looking forward to that.

I'm glad that isn't the case.

>the ideal Titan Armor body. You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

So are you saying the character is a preening egotystical jock/bodybuilder sort?

Or were your making a reference to something from the image's source material?

Is this the nuclear fission and fusion touhou?

The card that I pulled the art from is known as Perfect Raizer, made by having a mecha piloted by another mecha inside piloted by a human. Through the perfect pilot, technicians, and engineers, it is the super fightin' robot around.

But in the case of Sieg, he's a pretty shy guy (mostly to hide the fact that he's a cyborg and shit), and I'd figure his Titan Armor would be pic related, or something like that.

have mech to go with your mech.

Has anyone tried throwing the manual and sheets into Tabletop Sim? I tried after converting the pdf but then I realized I'd much rather blow my brains out than try and add 400+ pages individually.

I wish I knew Lua scripting.

Yes, that is Reiuji Utsuho. Why do you ask?

curiosity.
I found here character design interesting when it was posted last thread.

Thats fair. She's one of the touhou characters thats easily an odd man out.

So far as i'm aware, no one has tried as of yet.

I'm not sure why you would, for that matter. Roll20 is far simpler, to my knowledge.

IMO Roll20 is a chore to use and TTS is a treat, although I've only used them both from the player side

>roll20 is a chore to use

I mean, not any moreso than any other tool. There's always gonna be a certain amount of work you will need to put in, and there's no way of really getting around it.

Still, more power to you if you wanna use TTS.

I just have problems with it often, like the game app not properly loading, images not uploading, slow response to moving tokens/typing in chat, jukebox never seems to work, etc which to be fair are usually just on my end. I picked up TTS recently and I've only played a few games through it but it seems to run fairly smoothly in comparison? I wouldn't know anything about uploading new game types to it though

Uploading new game types to TTS wholesale is a right pain in the ass.

As for your issues, my condolences. Roll20 isn't all that bad to use if you don't have those issue's, but i can see it being a pain if you do.

If anyone has anything they think would look good as an OP Pic, feel free to post it. I'm gonna save it all to a separate folder, for future use.

I've got a bunch of full arts for Fire Emblem Cipher. I don't got all of them, but I have a fair amount.

I generally try to avoid stuff i can actually verify the brand of, but FE has some pretty good still shots in its artwork, so go for it.

or just put something on the end of the filename when you save it to make it easier to search your pic folders for it later.

or use tags.

Does this make anyone else think of a Divine Soul weapon that's found out their new partner is delightfully open minded?

I'm gonna share a secret with ya cap, i've never once changed the filename on any of the stuff i saved from here. I just have it somewhat memorized.

The only reason i'm putting it in a different folder is that it serves a different purpose.

Thats a pretty interesting one. Fungal cities are weird, but a neat though.

chocolate powers

Like majin buu?

That's pretty sweet, not gonna lie.

>Still no updated translation

Would any of you happen to have pervy old mage dudes? Or old guys with shit eating grins?

I'm doing a pervy old mage guy character for a game but its surprisingly hard to find art of that.

Or cute frankenstein-esque girls. One or the other.

I'm gonna be honest, I think Kamigakari user is wholesale MIA. I tried contacting him via pastebin but that hasn't born any fruit, and its all i had.

So i dunno what to do about it for now.

Tried to get you the latter, isn't quite "cute", per se.

Well shit. Stalled a game of my own with my group because I thought it would come out soon.

Yeah, i'm sorry if i made it seem that way. At one point, kamigakari user just sorta fucking dissappeared.

So, sorry bout that man. The game still works perfectly well in its current state, though. If he doesn't show up soon, someone else may well do something about it, but i'm not holding my breath on that just yet.

Hmm, I should just start it up again. Might have to start making that post-WW2 prologue...

Also, wish the expansions were in one PDF rather than in several pastebins. Gets annoying having to open them up all the time.

A bit, but each one is a part of a complete book in and of itself, so its better to keep them seperate for now.

Well, the issue is i don't need a humunculous, but an actual frankenstein type, with the stiches and shit.

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, since there's actually a surprising amount of frankenstein's monster-esque stitched girls, but here's one I found that's pretty good.

Pretty much anything works, and that ones actually really good. If you got anything else i'd like to see it though.

Imagine one using a giant ass hammer.

Can't find any using a giant hammer, or hammer, unfortunately. Some with guns I could find though.

In case you're curious, I found these images using gelbooru and the tags: rating:safe solo monster_girl stitches. I'd suggest perusing through the pages there with those or similar tags if you're on the lookout for more character art.

Well shit. I figured gelbooru would probably have stuff, but i didn't think anyone would give me the tags even.

Thanks. Also, thats another cute franken-waifu

That was a smaller pool than expected, and over half of it was zombina. God damn it.

I may just go with because i like the idea of a loli franken-chan with a giant ass hammer.

I didn't know what a Pearl coat was until today.
now I know something I want to add to the costume of the next mahou shoujo I play.

>I should just start it up again.

good idea.

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and ask, since the game finder threads aren't much help.
Is anyone here looking for a Kamigakari game, or players for one? I'm in one already, but I want to play more of the game, and I've been looking for a while, so I thought to ask here, even if it ain't the best manners.

Been looking for a game myself.

There's a fair amount of people round that haven't played a game for lack of a gm or players, stick around long enough and you'll find someone.

I'd be interested if you decide to run a game, time/day depending

I'm looking for a game.

Same user () here.
Although it'd be my first time GM-ing, I am interested in it, especially for an enjoyable system like Kamigakari.

My personal time-zone is UTC+1, available on fridays, saturdays, and week-day afternoons/evenings.
Other than that, I am flexible in regards to voice/text, and setting and theme of the campaign.
If that all sounds fine with you, you can contact me at Sporelittle#4591 and I'll ask you some questions.
S-Sorry for advertising in this thread instead of the game finder.

Hmm, I'm nine hours behind of you...

Damn it all, looks like I'm dropping out of this one. Can't see a way.

UTC+1 is parts of Western Europe and Africa right?

here
Yeah. Eastern US would be UTC-6, if I'm correct. That being said, I can afford to play in the evenings.
Already have one player.

>tfw i thought it was FFTA for a second

Is there a reason the bullseye/circle talents have two different symbols? Like for Arc Slayer A, Spirit Void and Invincible Manslayer both have circle-shaped marks but they look different. One is thinner than the other, and it's consistent for all styles. Is it aesthetic or am I missing something?

So far, I see the thicker circles are actives while the thinner ones are passives.

Luckily, setting stuff up for kamigakari is much simpler than, for example, Dnd/PF or shadowrun, or most systems, i'd argue. The book is capable of making new scenario's fairly easily and rolling on the tables can yield interesting results.

On top of that, Since the stats are already determined for mononoke and such, there's much less rolling on the GM's end and more deciding, speeding up things a fair bit.

The hardest part is hammering out a story, but isn't it always?

I'm gonna be honest, that might just be PDF formatting. For the sake of the rules themselves, they mean exactly the same thing, so don't worry bout it too much.

I thought so since it doesn't happen in the pastebin expansions, it's just consistent enough I thought it might be something else.

Yeah, i noticed that as well, but it doesn't mean anything in terms of the system. Its just a weird visual glitch in the PDF.

Learning a system is easy, writing a plot is less

True, but a system can make things much harder if it isn't well structured. I'm not gonna say kamigakari is the best structured thing ever, but it is simpler than average.

Writing is always the hardest part of any campaign. There's no getting around that.

I hope Kansainon and their players show up and we get more storytime.

I want to find out what happens next.

>Mondaiji-tachi

I like your taste. That said, i agree. Kansai user or storytime user, either or.

In the meantime, we could just dump some stuff. Never hurts to have a larger library of pics.

just because it makes me laugh a little.

>Dubs,Trips, and dubs again

Well, the laws of probability have deemed it necessary to approve of the qt white haired goat girl.

Congratulations to you, user. That waifu has passed the test.

You know it.

Player here
Kansaianon is running RIGHT NOW.
I'll make sure to tell him the people demand more storytime.

God damn. That timing.

Game is full now. Hopefully anyone else who was interested in joining a Kamigakari game finds one soon.

You guys have fun.

I look forward to more storytime.

>Game is full now. Hopefully anyone else who was interested in joining a Kamigakari game finds one soon.

Damn that was fast. I hope it goes well. If you have any openings in the future do let us know.

sweet.

>Player here
>Kansaianon is running RIGHT NOW.
>I'll make sure to tell him the people demand more storytime.

Sweet.