Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Waiting For Open Day edition

Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

First for Chaos are losers.

Tyranids are the real losers. They ended up in a galaxy that has the equivalent of Space-AIDS

Second for Sigmar!

If GW never makes primaris CSM does that basically confirm that primaris are not only immune to geneseed imperfections, but also the lure of Chaos as well?

>warhammer stream is night lords vs nids
>the army poorly designed around making things fail moral vs the army immune ton moral
Oh boy

No /wip/ thread so I'm just gonna leave this here.

I think the normal Salamander CV looks like ass so I'm building my own.

Why would you do this to Nightlord-Chan :(

For a moment I thought she wasn't wearing any pants.

Tell me about your dudes user. What is their Backstory. For what do they fight for? What are their ambitions? What is their end game?

Is Chris Wraight any good?

>leavy onions behind
Sorry but I just cant get over the fact that that one user said people don't eat tomatoes whole like an apple.
Onions i get, they are delicious but the raw taste is not for most people. But tomatoes too?

But we already got hints that Bile is working on Chaos primaris. I imagine they're probably closer to some infernal machinations in custom helplate and carrying daemonic bolters (with same stats as bolt rifles and their variants).

No, people eat tomatoes.

Everyone does it around here.

It's more common to eat tomatoes whole, but plenty of people don't, myself included.

I eat tomatoes like that and sometimes eat skinned potatoes like that.

I fucking hate the taste of tomatoes. I can stand to eat ketchup tho.

Didnt you ask this in previous threads?

They're also limiting the space aids

>Tell me about your dudes user. What is their Backstory.
Private mercenary army for a wealthy Rogue Trader. They use Astra Militarum rules.

>For what do they fight for?
Profit.

>What are their ambitions?
Get rich or die trying.

>What is their end game?
Retire with a pile of cash to live the rest of their natural lives on.

Aren't raw potatoes pretty worthless as a food?

Hell if I know, I just like the crunch and taste.

Cool, how widespread is this? Is this a massive change in Tyranids taking place ?

No. They can be valuable even in a raw state. You just don't want to live exclusively off of them, just like any other food.

>that fresh potato right out of the ground rinsed with a hose
I too enjoy a raw potato every now and then.
Thanks to you all for firming tomatoes are still food.

>convinces your legion to nukes its own planet

Lets have a blast Iron Warrior.

First gaming event/tournament tomorrow. 3 games in the day.

Its not super serious when it comes to model quality and has some restrictions on list but I've never been to one of these things.

What should I expect? Should I remember?

Behemoth ship sent way back in time because of warp shenanigans after the whole macragge thing, crash lands in some dinky system with no queen and goes full feral, catachan devil style. Early M37 another damaged ship from ouroboris crash lands there and /eventually/, talking 999M41, they manage to scrap up a fleet out of the system.
They're currently too busy chasing a genecult to do anything worthwhile but they're getting close

Tomatoes are most definitely a hand fruit.

user from last thread said he's setting up displays for Open Day.
This is what he's claimed to have seen:
>The Lion is here
>Primaris jetbikes
>FW slideshow includes early WIP pics of sanguinius
>Theres titanicus models
>Theres preview pics for noise marines and phoenix terminators
>FW has a sculpt of an arbites judge with a cyber mastiff
>Ynnari have new exclusive units coming out, not mentioned what they are
Salt where needed, but I definitely believe the part about no Fires of Cyraxus.

Nice looking. I've just started working on the big gun for my Mechanicus spider Shadowsword conversion. I have the other legs too but I had to go to work so progress will have to wait for a few hours.

Titanicus is also believable because FW themselves said that they would have a release date in this or the FW open day.

Good plan, maybe Ezekiel and a terminator Librarian if I have points spare. I'll see tomorrow. Cheers pal.

I am tempted to go full Ravenwing with Belial (for his 2+ to would even against Mortarion, and -1 for Mortarion to hit, doubt he'll live long but might cause some damage with the knights in tow, an apothocary and a ancient for the extra attack). But the board we are playing on has lots of levels like an oil refractory type my bikes would suffer in.

>other legs
You mean it's not a half-track?

>Primaris Jetbikes
I am getting this out already.

well, it's kind of messy accidentally squishing it and getting juice on you, he probably just means they only eat slices or something
if primaris jetbikes are true
is there anything Cawl can't do except fix the golden throne

Imperial Fists offshoot that's Siege heavy but makes ample use of atomic/Rad weaponry with their missiles and are making due with older Marks of gear due to the local Forge World being able to only produce them.
Due to being on the wrong side of the warp rift they're basically playing defense and holding the line until contact can be re-establised.

No primaris due to their remote location.

Bottom left, it's just one fleet since if they all turned into demon killers they would all starve, Kronos has to be fed by Leviathan to keep existing

Are those LEDs you have in the big gun's housing?

Shouldn't it be the Thundercougarfalconbird?

With competitive/waac 40k on the rise, is it time for GW to support a twitch stream that travels to major events like magic the gathering does?

>Lion is here

Please, I'd fucking jizz so hard if this was true.

Forgot pic

Overdesigned shit by Cawl. Thundercougarfalconbird looked alright.

Looks fucking incredible now with the gun m8. 10/10 would alpha strike.

No I have some toy gears that the light is hitting. LEDs would be cool but I don't have any experience with them. It's also glued now.

I've heard that GW has a $200,000 prize tourny event thing they are doing now. I dunno how much I believe it, because it's in burger lettuce instead of queen crumpets.

No, GW should work on better rules

Nah it's a spider it'll have eight legs.

youre a fucking retard.

GAZE UPON THIS BEAUTY!

Note the lion pauldron, it was on the community site a while ago as a teaser.

Is it finally time to go to tyranid? Who else is switching and what competitive lists are you building out?

They're hard to digest and slightly poisonous.

Ah. You're right though, LEDs would be fucking sick on that. How much has this project cost you so far? You're definitely one of the more dedicated AdMech players I've seen.

Is that...Is that Lion?

>Tell me about your dudes user. What is their Backstory.

One of the few surviving dudes from the EC's third company has developed close ties with Alpha legion dude who saved his life. Together they lead a merry band of noisemarines in original legion colours, just to spite the imperials
>For what do they fight for?

main dudes are only part of this for survival, but the noise marines have developed a cult of heroic deeds, making great displays of cosplaying legendary men like Heracles or Ferrus manus.
What are their ambitions? What is their end game?

Many hope tales of their deeds reach the ears of Fulgrim one day, making them join them him for glory.
Leader dude dreads this idea since he still feels spitefull betrayal for F killing half his brothers.

Tale of Four Gamers comes back to White Dwarf when?

>switching for competitive ability
Get out.

As a Chaos player I actually really like this. Gives some story context for when my dudes are fighting bugs.

I really enjoyed reading how my main man Horus carved his face off with his own ritual knife in one of the books. Now if only Horus just listened to his brothers, especially Magnus, over this little shit, we'd be golden.

>swiching
No
>compedative lists
No. I just try to cram as many fexes into a list as possible and ram everything face first

Can't be. It's just a terminator armor

During the stream, Pete Foley discussed the process going forwar,d for FAQs. He talked about how they want to formalize the FAQ process so players can be more confident that units purchased based on a new codex won't be rapidly altered immediately after the codex's release (e.g. commissar changes right after AM codex came out).

The process will be this: two weeks after every codex release they will produce an FAQ that ONLY clarifies the wording of rules if there's any confusion in the community. For balance, twice annually they will do an FAQ where they change how units work, update points, etc. based on competitive feedback; once in March and once in September.

Thoughts? Comments?

Doesnt look nearly big enough!

These usually go hand in hand though. Honestly for something super complex like 40k the only way to get good feedback is through sperging """"pro"" players. The key is to make the appropriate changes in nerfs and buffs after that.

Rules themselves come outside of the competitive scene and are up to designers. Because a fun game is more important than balance. The balance is a product of responding to what people exploit and find is broken.

Rules - design phase
Balance - analysis after tournament/competitive/casual feedback

With something as multivariable as 40k balance it's literally impossible to eyeball and requires the distributed larger numbers of the playerbase.

Basically a more active competitive scene with record-keeping and reporting/feedback helps balance the game more than design time.

>2 melee weapons
unless he gets 4d6 for charging he better be able to throw one

WAAC fag pls go

Right now it reminds me of some of the skid creatures from Barlowe's Expedition.

What's that? Aside from a fashion eyesore, that pauldron is ridiculous.

30k Lion? Don't think its 40, surely...

It's inevitable. Competitive players want to purchase based on power and pulling the rug out makes no sense.

This is a step forward towards better esports support.

Currently building a Black Templar primaris Crusade, mainly because I like the models. I'm fluffing it as the High Marshall sending this Crusade as reinforcements for Castellan Draco's Crusade of Punishment that has been in Tau territory for a long time, the mission is to continue the genocide of human Gue'vasa or retrieve Draco's crusade and bring him back to the Eternal Crusader.

But Fabius Bawl already made primaris...

I don't even play Marines of any kind and I think Dark Angels are perhaps the most pointless of the snowflake chapters, but that does look pretty damn cool. I especially like the helmet.

So GW will release another OP broken codex but instead of fixing it 2 weeks later they will fix it many months later. Do I get it correct?

looks like a terminator praetor, boss

FW don't do helmets for their primarchs

What, like a mini-CA? Might work. Certainly better that waking up one day and finding your army went from top tier to shit, like Ynnari.

A basic understanding of statistics goes a long way though.

>30k lion
40k Primarchfags BTFO

I played tau in 7th even if it wasn't the #1 tier. Now that Nids look to be #1, I think it's time I got back in the drivers seat of a powerful army. Besides it's for tournaments not spilling bear and petzels.

WAACs cry, have too much money to ignore, sad!

Speaking of the stream, how did nights lords "make the enemy fail moral" vs Tyranids "cant fail moral" go?

Oh boy, 2 chances a year for GW to fuck over Orks. Previously we had to wait up to 6 years for that, this is a great improvement!

OK that fits pretty perfectly, although I hope you're planning to give it a proper barrel of some kind.

Can you take the back off that Goliath? I need some assorted parts for my Admech transport flyer and some random conversions, and it's either one of those or a Taurox for circular hatch and cool modular hull.

About $200? It's only like $60 more than the real one, which wouldn't have fit my style and also is out of stock.

>so players can be more confident that units purchased based on a new codex won't be rapidly altered immediately after the codex's release

They deserve what they get for buying into the cheese. I laughed quite hard when comisars got spanked

>that flamberge
Now THAT'S a patrician's weapon.

Yes 6 month time frame before a balance pass. It means my nids purchases will stay strong. I don't see how you think this is a bad thing. Stability is key for tournament/professional players.

The ynarri nerf was bullshit for instance. IT should have been done after 5+ months of a warning when people get more usage out of it.

40k is fucking easy as balls to balance for. The game's so shallow that math hammer has already revealed what are the good and garbage options.

>Blood Ravens get Primaris Marines
WAIT, HOW? Rob doesn't know their Primarch. No one in-lore does.

Cool, go nids and get the fuck outta my faction.

Can we stop using the word Esports. Its not an Esport. Esports are fucking competitions based on video games.

Stability is pretty good for everyone honestly. Keeping track of these constant FAQs is a real pain in the ass.

>I jumped on the Tau bandwagon when they were OP, but now that they're not I want the next WAAC army
>Muh competative 40keks

50 to 1 odds your current army is airbrushed or isn't even painted .

Seeing how bad GW is at writing rules and balancing shit I'm concerned.

I accept.

FUCK YEAH, THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE TERMINUS ULTRA AND THE UPGRADE KIT

>Bait-dar Reading:
>low quality bait detected

>No one in-lore does.

Wrong, someone in the high echelons of the Imperium knows and the secret will be kept as such for the good of the Imperium and if the highest of Inquisitors holds that information then so does Guilliman. Blood Ravens can get Primaris and they will still be denied of the knowledge of their Primarch, even the Blood Ravens that found out clues about it in Dark Crusade decided to keep the information a secret.

They are freedom fighters, striking back against a decadent and prejudiced Imperium. Fortunately they know their messiah will soon arrive and all will be reborn again as true equals. Until that day though, they occasionally have to send some of their faithful brothers and sisters out into the stars, seemingly as conscripts in the enemy's army. While they may labor under the noses of aristocratic officers of the dying imperium, these chosen few also sequester important weaponry for the revolution and also bring the words of truth with them to the proletariat of a myriad of worlds!