WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XTqme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do I receive a confirmation after signup?
Yes, I send 'em out as soon as I see the email, shouldn't take longer than 1-2 days. If you got none til then, resend a mail.

>What shall I include in the email?
Well, your address, obviously. Also, your name if you're not 100% sure that you receive packages without a name. You also can include what you are collecting etc, but don't expect to get something related to that 100%

>What shall I gift?
I don't know, use your imagination! You can check last year's SS here: imgur.com/a/1fxhq

>How much should I gift?
Well it should be at least 10-15$ in value, so that it is worthwhile all the hassle. But you can also go higher and nobody will say a thing if it's only 7.85$. It's the gesture that counts. I'm sure you find some cool stuff in your bitzbox, too.

>When do we get our matches?
The matching will take place Dec 1st and after that, you'll receive an email with the address of your match

>What about shipping costs?
I try to do continental matching, so they shouldn't be too high. If you specifically want someone from another continent, I also try to arrange that!

>What do if I get grinched?
Email me and I'll try to contact your match. If we can't sort it out, he'll get put onto the naughty list. Often, we find kind anons jumping in and sending something to you in this case!

>Why the fuck are we doing this?
Because /WIP/ is literally the most wholesome online community.

>Do people sign up from country XY?
Most people sign up from NA and EU, but also from Australia, Japan, whatever. If you only want to participate of someone else from your country registers, you can ask in advance, just shoot an email.

Started working on the big gun today. Got the Onager kit for the legs but I have to work now.

That is one large flashlight...

Oh goddamn that is cool.

That's a billion times better than what FW did with their ordinatus. I hate the Mechanicum style. FW dropped the ball with those vehicles.

You better have techpriests and servitors working on those platforms.

There's going to be a Skitarii working the little gun and control station I haven't put on yet from the Servohauler I could have someone using

Will add a seat to the side of the gun with some dude with controls and a big telescope to aim the thing? Something like a sentinel cockpit might make a nice seat for them.

Hm, I have a lot of extra Skitarii bodies and Taurox seats. I'll see what I can do but if it doesn't look good I can't promise anything.

Just picked up my secret santa stuff because my LGS was having a big black friday sale, hope whatever user I get likes it.

*overheats*

You could turn them into a servitor. Give him a wheel or levers to operate, some bare skitarii head and other gubbins to make them into a soulless automaton, who just pull levers and turn wheels when told to. If you could mount a telescope in front of him or even attached to his head, you could then pull some wires from the back of his head to a station manned by the actual gunner, who could have a screen seeing what the servitor is seeing.

Hell, if you could get some of those Harbinger of Menoth guys with chains, you could put them on the turret with chains attached to the gun and have them rotate it (alternatively Empire flagellants with flail arms converted to hold ropes and chains). If you really want to get freaky, there's the rat ogre from the skaven screaming bell kit that could be modified into some vat grown ogryn on a little platform behind the gun and pull chains to raise and lower the gun.

There's nothing Admech can't do that without needless human suffering.

This is awesome

Damn son, is that balanced on those front legs?

There's not a whole lot of space on the back, but I'll see what I can do.
No, it's propped up for the picture. I have four more legs from another Onager that are going to go on the back of the main body.

What's the back half?
Specifically the upside down dome and the rotating platform

Strong abdominal servos? Reminds me a little of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex spider tank. Just... 40k-fied.

Maybe not for the rat ogre, but you can probably have a few guys walking on the turret ring or something. Meh, just an idea.

I'm guessing top of that 40k refinery scenery tank.

It's the top of the Sector Mechanicus ferratonic furnace, and the crane from the Galvanic Servohauler kit.

For some reason, after the wash these guys are so shiny, even after two days, and they look trash in every photo because of it. What's the easiest/simplest matte vanish out there? I never used vanish of any kind before but this shine is painful so it's gotta go.

I'm in the UK so I need something I can get here

Thanks

Vallejo brush on Matte varnish is what I use all the time.

if you washed your minis without shaking the pot of the wash first, that's what you get fyi

Paint for 2 hours. Make no visible progress. Fuck NMM.
Im really enjoying this model

Incredible. How much did it cost on kits?

Right around $200. A little expensive but it was fun.

I really love the gold NMM on the helmet. Amazing work there user
You have absoluetely no idea how hard this makes me.
its amazing, really.

what even IS this? I want it. I NEED it.

so taurox front body, onager legs, the "mandibles" at the front i have no idea, and the back platform is a flipped mechanicus port or whatever Peachyboi was painting?

*not taurox, but GSC goliath

Shit senpai, I suspected this is what happened. No other way to fix but varnish?

I was a tad too excited to paint my models

My Harlequin Ynnead

Did that user paint his Lamenter's character yet?

no worries my dude, happened to my bro, told him to apply some lahmian medium where he wanted stuff to be matte, worked like a charm

My lighting is bad. Almost done... my first serious project and first forge world brick of resin. Wow resin sucks.

I was inspired by WWI dazzle camo.

Woow I didn't realize those photos came out so bad. Oh well, cellphone camera.

this looks great. i love dazzle camo.

looks really nice
>resin sucks.
I know the feeling.

>Malcador Infernus

My man. I'll be working on mine soon for my Renegade Guard army following the same style in pic, I have a Malcador Annihilator to and some other stuff to finish first. I've fielded it unpainted vs a friend, he was okay with me testing it, and goddamn it melts everything that's not a vehicle.

I love the model and I like the scheme you've gone for - the most important question is, did you enjoy it?
Resin is an absolute cunt but you can get certain tools to make it easier for yourself such as a hair dryer, sandpaper, jewelers saw (perhaps the most important one if you're dealing with big pieces, those gates are absolute cunts.) I'd highly recommend wearing some cheap facemask too, resin can be a bugger. For better lighting you could grab a foldable lightbox off amazon for maybe £10, massively improves all pictures.

got a lot of work done on my chariot. the pic takes a lot of depth out of the blue's. all the metal still needs to be highlighted but it's starting to look like something now. the crew and wheels are not glued yet

Thank you thank you.
I like that vanquisher, a good style. I haven't fielded it yet, my friends are actually too terrified to let me put it on the table. I kinda want to get the defender next.
Thank you, and yes I did. I learned a lot doing so, and it was just as valuable a teaching aid as it was enjoyable. I would have painted things differently, some parts before assembling it, decals on before weathering, etc, but to the same style. I did recently pick up one of those tiny saws, a little too late though. That's not a bad idea for lighting though, something to consider down the line.

Here's some guard and a few conscripts along side. I keep having basing disasters where it keeps falling off so few are properly based.

Just finished up pic related, one of my favourite zombie-sculpts over all...

... and continuing work on my Angry Marine standard bearer. Posted a bit of this back when I built it this summer, but haven't really found the time to work on it until now.

I fucked up and undercoated it black 'cus I didn't have the patience to wait until I got around to pick up a new bottle of white. Hence the hundred thin coats on the armour.

that's fucking awesome, nice work painting it up

Working on some Carcharodons.

how good's the macharius heavy flamer?

err malcador

It's like a giant Leman Russ in raw stats, T8 18 wounds. For weapons it has it's big flamer for a primary and a choice of sponson weapons. It has two fuel types: Fuck infantry, and fuck most things. Both fuel types are 2D6 auto hits at 16" range.

The fuck infantry fuel makes it wound everything but vehicles on 2's, AP-3, D1. It wounds vehicles on 6's.

The fuck most things fuel is S7, AP-2, D1. The advantage is having no disadvantage to vehicles.

It has a tendency to explode, when it has 0 wounds it explodes on a 4+ and every unit in 2D6" suffers D6 mortal wounds. 312 pts base including the infero gun.

Hey /WIP/, got pic related in the mail today. Also picked up some nice(I think) sable brushes today too. Now all I need is paint. I've posted before about doing a orange & black wasp pattern and got plenty of tips, but I'm still trying to decide on what actual paint to buy. I'm still not sure what I'd like to get, both what actual variety of colors(for shading/detailing/etc) and what brand. Cost is a factor, albeit not the sole factor.

The front 2 are WIP genestealer cult conversions.

I eventually want to do a fair amount of Imperial Guard units for my GSC.

The inferno gun looks pretty good on paper but I haven't been able to try it out. It's chem fuel is identical in stats with that of a banewolf, except it's 2D6 and 16 inch range. The flammable fuel is hotter than the hell hounds with 2D6 S7 AP-2 D2. And the tank has 18 wounds so it should hang around and burn things longer.

>It has a tendency to explode, when it has 0 wounds it explodes on a 4+ and every unit in 2D6" suffers D6 mortal wounds. 312 pts base including the infero gun.

i'm pretty green to the game, but have you ever tried charging it up the lines and exploding it? Also 312 points base seems pretty good for a "shoot the scary thing" vehicle

damm that 's nice user! i have a kind of love/hate opinion on resin. i have experience with other brands resin but i bought my first fw kit last year at the Spiel convention. i think it's kinda the point of fw kits. put in som extra effort, do some reasearch, learn new things, end up with awsome model not many people have. i will lurk for more of your work. also get a valdor, sxiest malcador variant and nice to snipe sm faggots who use spartans

>the most important question is, did you enjoy it?
very this on fw models, sure the look nice on their website, but it can be a real pain to get them to look like that. take your time, if you don't finish it in one go store everything together and DRY FIT everythig atleast 3 times! yes you paid a god awfull lot for a reson toy but you don't have to finish it today. you will end up with an awsome model eventualy so it's worth it in the end

i don't play space marines i just like land raiders and i like kitbashing and converting. the mk-2b kit was good, better than mist reviews even. some shrinkage and warping but nothing special. the extra armour upgrade was a joke, i maybe could have asked my money back on that but i wanted to cut it up to fit the sponsons anyway so idc, the plastic landraider kit is just old by now,the top plate whas pretty warped. but yes i enjoyed! it still needs paint but it looks mean already.

i enjoyed it so much this year i bought a spartan, becuase a mk2-b with extra armor is'nt boxy enough. imagine a spraten with extra armor, enclosed sponsons and full track guards. both of them in the bright purple/white/hazzard strippes scheme of my not blood angels purple marines, someday.... it will be glorious!

sorry for blogpost en inb4 shill, fw shit is expensive yo. that mk2-b was €128,- as it is in the pic there -_-

>the comissar have a powerfist, a sword, a sheated sword and a pistol
>don't even have four arms

You're saying he needs more weapons, is that it?

You're right it's a good morale/suicide weapon. When I fielded it I had it I also had my Malcador Annihilator on the table with 4 x lascannons to help with anti-vehicle work. Sometimes the trailing container is a pain but it's pretty funny to try and wrestle, I can't think of any other models where there are conjoined sections that are freely moving.

Have you ever seen big shoals of fish separate in the water when sharks are nearby? That's what it's like using the Infernus, your opponent knows it's horrible to fight so he'll do his best to keep it at arms length.

clearly he's hiding two under the breastplace

Got first two beastmen pretty much done. Need to go through file down some bits and possibly add some more tubing and details.

Here's the first one.

And the second one.

I need to start and think of a colorscheme for them.

So I'm putting together a list to use as Ordo Grammaticus because I think it's hilarious and I have some Cadians to paint up but I can't decide on what colour scheme to use.

I'll be using red for the Scions and their ilk but I am at a loss for the normal guys. Suggestions? I thought maybe red for their armour too, but I don't know what colour their cloth or gear should be.

Fug, nice job user

fancy... indeed!

You know you want to.

That doesn't seem very fitting.

Thoughts?

i have 4 pockets... do i need 4 hands?

Is it worth magnetizing the arms on my Necromunda gangers for swappable guns?

Got the last set of legs on the big guy.

>he doesn't have 4 hands

Anybody have any experience with this thing? I'm about to jump all over it, since it's a WW2 style tank for 40k that ins't a Tiger.

looks great man!

it looks awesome but is very expensive for an army that wants more than one of them

sexy as fuck user! can't wait to see it painted. besides for coolness what do you need it for? what oponent are you going to make you cry with it? would laugh when it cuts my wraightknight in half/10 becuase awsome model

What are you counting it as?

That commisar came out nice. Very good job on paints as well.

WIP Cybernetica Datasmith. Need to highlight the head as well.

My lines aren't super clean and thin, but I think he looks alright.

How's about you, /wip/ ? What can I do to improve.

Oh, and here's a imgur gallery of all 4 shots I took: imgur.com/a/XTqme

True, but it's either that or convert a tank using leman russ', chimeras, and historicals

take your purple base colour and go over the highlights to neaten them up a bit and it'll look loads better

will do

Heads look like they fit quite well although the military beret clashes with the ganger armour a bit.
I like it though.

Counts as Shadowsword

What bit is the main body of the cannon?

The new Plasma Regulator terrain kit that came out today.

you gonna shape the barrel anymore?

Damn, that's gorgeous! Your mini might be the best conversion I have ever seen, and I've seen some shit

Finished my guy, he was a test scheme for my new army, I've never done one like this before and it was both a lot of fun and a valuable learning experience. I want to get some technical paint such as nurgles rot and see if that can help me get better results in certain aspects and I'll try and be neater with edge highlighting for the next figures. I've never done a proper base before, what do you think of the snow?
>I can see some areas I need to touch up such as there's some black on the gold bits of his manreaper. There's also a bit of snow on his fingers I didnt notice until i'd taken the picture but that's covered up now

How do you guys feel about converting AoS models into 40k?

I bought a bunch of Skaven awhile back on impulse for $20 and I wanna turn them into a Nurgle demon army.

Go for it. It's always fun trying to make AoS miniatures fit into 40k universe.

Nice

And that’s a wrap!

hmm, where did you get that cutting mat from? Does Citadel/GW still sell that? how much?

Im pretty sure Citadel sells it cos it says Citadel on the mat

Did i over do it on the left dude?

Posting again if Minotaur user is out there. What paint schemes did you offer? I know it was 2 different kinds, one was bronzey and was was more burnished/gold

Not sure, it was 25$ when I bought it

well where did you get it from GW website ? Though if it costs 25 dollars..I'll probably pass. All of the extra measurements, and degrees of angles is completely unecessary...