Unorthodox weapon usage

>Character only has melee weapon against far away enemies
>Decides to throw sword like a javelin

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but how is this anywhere near practical with a sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTC_1HRgbuo
youtube.com/watch?v=cor9VH66epU
youtube.com/watch?v=peB8MhvxXyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not. It's a desperate and unorthodox use of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wTC_1HRgbuo

It's in the treatises. NEXT.

Depends on the weight balance on the sword. It's not practical but swords with heavier tip throw better.

I dunno, I feel like I've seen enough Coldsteel videos for it to be viable within 30 feet or so.

Where can I read that chapter? I usually use mangafox, but they don't have it yet

>Skallapleb
Disgusting. What’s next, Lindybeige or Metatron?

It's not like the instruction manual declares it to be a ranged instrument. Why would you expect practicality?

Skallagrim is pretty solid though. He focuses on mostly practical stuff, whereas Lindybeige is all about selling his own theories as fact. And let's not forget the fact that he's a walking, talking British stereotype that tends to make him just a tad bit biased in all affairs concerning France, Britain or both.

Lindy is also bad at complex concepts.

It's not ideal but it's historically been done, and done to great effect. I imagine it's also a lot easier when you live in JRPG land.

Goblin Slayer is literally DnD 5e

There's a dump on /a/ for this month's GS chapter as well as the new Year One chapter.

>a tad bit biased

>What's next?
Easton obviously...
youtube.com/watch?v=cor9VH66epU

(you)

>skall is bad because he is the most well known

>"Fighters Against Racism"
>MALE HUMAN FIGHTER
How ironic

One of my players is a mailman, and his sword is forged out of expired bills and scraps of paper collected over the years. He kinda uses it like a paper airplane.

i wonder if throwing a polearm could still be lethal at shortrange, like a few meters away (against non-armored foe)

Depends on how much the setting cares about practicality.

this user was in the GS thread in /a/, ignore him
skall systematically tries all the silly stuff, like user say

Thrand tested it lately and he seems to get more power out of throwing it than aout of stabbing with it, he used a viking era sword
This one I think
youtube.com/watch?v=peB8MhvxXyk

Possibly. Probably. It's a fucking heavy bladed thing, it's going to hurt.
But, if you're already pretty close, you might as well charge, instead of disarming yourself.

Both Lindy and Easton are pretty useless for anything outside of british topics, but it's more painful to watch Easton rant about nothing for fifteen minutes straight whenever he's talking about stuff no brit has been involved with.

Skall isn't much of a source for anything other than for the stuff he's holding, but he usually stays on point and tries to be informative about whatever object he's currently got in his hands.

According to the few manuals we have who talk about that, that grip is off. You have your fingers around the guard like pic related.