Quest Items Thread

ITT: Shit to send your parties after. Pictures of relics, artifacts, things of power, and other shiny prizes from the great vaults of Mak'Uffin. Tales of these objects' history and the quests undertaken to retrieve them are also welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Quran
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interested in this sort of thing too.

Sword of the Sun, Orb of the Cosmos (NOT A TOY!), Cloak of Shadows (invisibility maybe), and haven't worked out the rest of them yet.

>Orb of the Cosmos (NOT A TOY!)
laughingwizards.jpg

That knife is gorgeous, here's the picture on its own...

... and my second favorite from the same source.

Thank you, user!

You're welcome! Somehow I managed to use the perfect search term on the very first try.

And for the thread, here's an unrelated dagger that looks spiffy enough to be important. Maybe it was crafted by a god of horses/horse riders.

Found in a strange keep hidden among snowy, windswept peaks.

Eye of Ayoa. Whoever wears this ring has the ability to have their vision travel anywhere in their current realm. They can see anything they're searching for, however they cannot hear anything and can still be fooled by any kind of visual illusion.

Minerals are my fetish

I guess people are getting a bit sick of seeing the same stuff over and over, so here's something new

Dice said to be used by Fate itself.

Files. Regular Manila folders.
...With pertinent information that can bring down centuries old empires in the right hands.
It helps that they’re easily destructible. Makes for a more interesting chase.

Obligatory en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Quran

Christ, imagine dropping that d4 at some point in the night and finding it with your foot later.

Yeah, I saw this design dubbed "caltrop" on a dice thread a little while ago.

A repurposed caltrop. It definitely is a repurposed caltrop.

Faebane?

Hah, I've been thinking of starting a thread like this for several days but have been too lazy. I owe you my thanks user; let's see if I can dig up a few things, here... Actually recognize a couple pictures at a glance in this thread, but haven't looked it through properly, so apologies if I repeat anything by accident.

One of the thing I love about crystals and minerals is that you can fit them into just about any setting, and have fill basically whatever purpose you want.

Probably just going to toss things into the thread at random; half-asleep and just scrolling along through what I have here.

Can't say if I'll be able to find anything specific, but if anyone has any particular requests, let me know.

Man, I love opalite.

Books, scrolls, bottles or boxes, if you have any, please.

I can work with that! Don't think I have any scrolls... Not sure where my books are, but I should have at least SOME bottles and similar objects in here - hopefully some boxes too.

Technically, what you asked for! Heh. But in all seriousness, would be pretty cool if this actually worked as a functional bookshelf - if you could activate it somehow and then could remove a book with it becoming full-size. Would be awesome for wizards.

With apologies for the small size.

Last one I've got pre-saved (with any idea at all where it would be) I'm afraid. Weirded out because it turns out that the balance of what I've got is skewed way more than I thought it was.

Hate that feeling that there's something missing when in fact it's probably just stuff I forgot to save, or saved elsewhere. Don't mind me as I run down the damn timer.

Any other requests? Will post randomly in the mean-time.

Thanks, I especially like this one.

(And I like fancy rocks too, I just don't need them as much as the other stuff.)

Ah sweet - I almost didn't put that one up 'cause it wasn't quite what you asked for. Glad you like it!

Hmm, don't have as many rocks in here as I expected. A shit-ton of crowns, which is a surprise, given how I normally have virtually none on hand...

Gonna drop some random jewelry for now. One of the things I like about it as flavor treasure is the fact that it's a hell of a lot easier to hide or carry than say, a bed frame or fancy chair.

Here's a creepy little number to enjoy.

> The Mind-Crystals of Doru Blackglass the Faithless

Rumor is that the legendary Clergy destroyer, Doru Arkady, had carved five crystals taken from magic trees deep in the woods where no men had walked before, and the tree imbued them with immense power. The stones can be gently tossed up into the air where they will float and spin rapidly about the wielder's head like a crystal halo. It is said that the user experiences a rapid expansion of brain activity, being able to comprehend, concentrate, and cast spells far quicker, powerful, and more efficiently than a normal man.

The crystals themselves have been lost, but common legend dictates that these crystals lie with the entombed body of their creator across the sea in lands uncharted, in a realm of sand and fangs...

fuck I just realized there are six crystals, not five

have a snek as a way of apology

Random piece from the clothing folder.

Awwwww

>Vlavoi's Talisman of the Enlightened Blade

One of the founding members of the religious Ecclisiarchy; the Clergy, Vlavoi Serkasov, had owned this Talisman. In the shape of a broken sword, when commanded to, an attuned wielder is said to be able to not only augment their weapon with divine power, but also to summon a controllable floating weapon of light.

> Hefankhe's Chalice of Free Will

In the lands across the vast ocean in the far east, it's well known that the realm there, choked with sand and of human population, that the powerful vampire families wield a tight grip upon their Nubian empire. With the death of one of the founders of these families, Hefankhe, his skull was later incorporated into a chalice. Popular myth is that a vampire under the control of their master -when this chalice is filled with the blood of a woman lain with during a full moon- may drink of it, and they will no longer be magically controlled, and gain their free will, regardless of methods their former vampire master might've taken.

>The Tome of Chuaca

In the ancient, half-forgotten southern corners of Izolat, there are undisturbed ruins of another empire aside from the Clergy-held expanse. This long-dead people once worshipped the demonic gods, practicing ritual sacrifice, regular summoning, and other heinous practices. Deep in one of these steepled, crumbling, deserted ruins, however, is a tome wielded by one of the ancient high priests of these people- The Tome of Chuaca. Within this demon-skin-bound tome is a spellbook, the journal of the high priest himself, rituals and incantations of a foul bent, and research notes no good-aligned mortal was ever meant to lay eyes upon.

I rather like this thread, but this'll probably be my last post for tonight. It's late.

>The Scepter of the Faithless

Doru Blackglass the Faithless was a wizard the likes of which Izolat never saw. A small part of his incredible prowess can be attributed to the legendary staff he wielded- The Scepter of the Faithless. The scepter itself is carved from the obsidian bark of a magic tree, and the crystal is a shard of one of its' crystals, granting the scepter incredible power that can magnify spells cast through it tenfold. It's also rumored to be paired with the Mind-Crystals of Doru Blackglass the Faithless, allowing the crystals to orbit the staff instead, granting the user all of the benefits of both artifacts at once, as well as allowing the crystals to further amplify the power, increasing the power of spells channeled exponentially. The Scepter's location has been lost to history, but common legend dictates that it resides with the last apprentice Doru Arkady ever took.

What isn't known, however, is that Doru's very soul has been stored in what is secretly the wizard's phylactery. His motives unknown, his morals unclear, and his path undiscovered, it's only a matter of time before one of the most powerful wizards ever is unleashed upon the world a second time.