So any of you guys ever play Vanguard?

So any of you guys ever play Vanguard?

Other urls found in this thread:

cf-vanguard.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/wgp2017_fighters_climax_tokyo_a
twitter.com/cfvanguard_PR/status/934682857800269824
cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haven't played it but I know it well.
Always remember to offer your daily praise to Gyze.

I feel he's got to be connected to Nouvelle his vague outline in the OP is much like his Novelles other form.

Do you fight for all that which is JUSTICE, user?

>That Spoiler

Only if it is a Cray Elemental ZR

>Image of Nouvelle Vague L'Express was revealed
>Suddenly the original Nouvelle Vague's price spiked from $5 to $20
>Eventually returned to $5

This game's secondary market is fucked

I'm quite curious to what kind of support can BSR really give to D Robos

Less gimmicky guard-breaking, hopefully. Or maybe just ways to say "no, fuck you and your PGs".

>Suddenly the original Nouvelle Vague's price spiked from $5 to $20
>Eventually returned to $5
I don't see anything wrong with it, what's the issue?

>Star Gate Extra Booster announced
>Even more Chaos and Messiah support despite they just had a Clan Booster for that

AllofmyWHY.jpg meanwhile CBD and Alter Ego laugh in Lock

>Guard Breaking
>Ever not gimmicky

Considering the D-Robo shown doesn't look like Daikaiser of any sort, it might be another gimmick

I'm still waiting for someone to actually meme his way into winning a BSR tournament with Deletors

A lot of times card prices would suddenly spike due to hype (warranted or otherwise) from any new set announcements, which causes mass buyouts and the following usualy happens:

- Prices eventually return to normal because the art was a red herring (The original Grade 4 Nouvelle Vague)
- Prices eventually return to normal since the new support sucked (Beast Deities)
- The new supports are mediocre, but price increase for certain cards stay up there (Mars Blaukluger)

Used to play, mostly stopped playing because the others I played with also stopped playing. I played White Paladins but always wanted to switch to Dimensional Police. I also wanted to fucking Soul Saver

>this clusterfuck card design

Was one of the early adopters, pushed it on here back in 2012-13, enjoyed it pretty well but by legion era the game died for me since the two clans I played at the time (Pale Moon and Megacolony), got garbage support at that time.

These days it's Pale Moon and Murakumo, and while they're still subpar clans I can at least actually play the decks and they do interesting things.

>Legion Era almost ruined the game because if your Clan of choice isn't in the sets you were basically fucked
>Legion Mate is the worst season of the anime by far

It is not a coincidence that Bushiroad basically pretend that era doesn't exist and Harri will never be good

I never picked up the game for the competitive aspects, especially once Set 5 came out, but I like circus and performance themes. So Pale Moon and modern Murakumo is themed around kabuki theater.

But I'm looking forward to the next set in December. New Murakumo stuff that's pretty nice and with everyone chasing ZRs flooding the market I'll get it all for pretty much nothing.

Nope

I really hope D-Robos won't get the shaft, I really like them a whole lot. C'mooon, gimme a Might Gaine!

It's a testament to the fucked up balance that even mid-way into stride the clans with a good legion were still running it as backup.

Hell Thingsaver-Blaster can actually work fairly well it's just that your opponent or you is usually dead by the time the deck becomes thing enough for it to be consistent.

Also DotX is still a good backup even for destiny

The "problem" of running Thing-Blaster now is that you basically have to ride Exceed or waste a turn to Legion as almost everything requires you to have a Blaster Vanguard

>DotX as Destiny backup

So what will be the ratio for the Overlords?

3-4 the Destiny
3 the X
2-3 The End

Running 9 allows you to pretty much find one every turn with Destiny's skill and allows you to throw them into drop without worrying about lacking stuff.

I was considering The Great, but ran into problems with lack of space for Neoflame. Plus hypothetically if you checked no triggers prio and/or your opponent had no rearguards, then people would probably all The Great to hit at 4 damage, they will always guard The X, and X fetches an overlord allowing you to stride versus the luck factor of The Great

So here's how I'd probably run it if I were to do the 9 Grade 3 Overlord: Electric Boogaloo

Grade 3: 3 Destiny, 3 The X, 3 The End
Grade 2: 4 Nehalem, 4 Burning Horn Evolute, 3 Glow Heater
Grade 1: 4 PGG, 3 Conroe, 3 Lava Flow, 3 Doombringer High Flame
Grade 0: OG Conroe, 7 Crit, 5 Draw, 4 Heal

The major concern I have is the G-Zone since Kagero has way too many good G-Units and I'm basically running out of space

2 Ziegenburg
2 The Purge
2 The Ace
1 Blazing Burst
1 Accend Grave
3 Blademaster Taiten (?)
1 Defeat Flare
1 Abd Salam
1 Advance Guard (or having a third Griffin)
2 Denial Griffin

Bushiroad a shit for not reprinting Lava Flow Dragon and giving Overlord its own PG and G-Guardian when Blaster Blade basically got everything under the sun

I would like to. I've been following the game since the start, but have no local scenes anywhere near me. I've been to two tournaments, both 2 hours out and both weeb as fuck. I get that some is inevitable given that it's a jap TCG, but my god.
I played the 3DS games as a substitute, but there's none on the horizon and the last one was almost 2 years ago. It's getting progressively harder and harder to keep tabs on it, and what's meta, what's going on, ect. I don't watch the show anymore because G was so boring.

Feels bad.

Considering it, along with Force of Will. Just need more people to play with.

>an entire chain of granblue cards have the name negro in them
How did they get away with it?

By being Japs.

I never played this game, but I like their Ultraman-expy clan designs.

>The only Enigman stride doesn't have Burst and all the recent support for them checks burst

>The Kagero Diffrider lost and all his G-Zone cards except Drachma were literally incinerated

TopKek.jpg

Considering how that there will be even more Sub-Clan G-Guardians (with the newest ep revealed a Musketeer G-Guard), I'm now expecting Machining, D-Robo, and Blau G-Guards now and I'm not sure how I should feel about that

>Uses a hypothetical D-Robo G-Guardian
>Daiearth now gets an extra Crit if you Stride afterwards even if it is your first Stride

DoNotWant.jpg

It is kind of sad that they have never been particularly good except for that one time the ride chain was used for a consistency booster for a hilariously gimmicky deck in 2013

i think i got trick by cute mermaid girls and i picked up Bermuda triangle,its not bad of a clan but there support is shit having 7 archetypes in a once year clan booster

Waifu cards always get in the way.

Shirayuki is a cute little lady, but honestly the R slots she's taking in the next set could be spent better elsewhere.

atleast its R not a RRR slot i have seen useless card getting RR to RRR slots

Nice to see megacolony having 2 darkface grade 3 in one booster might make a deck myself if they have more good units revealed

I played Megacolony back when they were new, mostly because of how cheap they were to build. Still dumb how much Bushiroad over-valued their stun abilities back then.

Their first LB4 card had to CB3 just to stun two units when stuff in Narukami would retire with just one or two CBs.

But that was then and this is now also I think you meant over-costed since the effects cost more than they were worth

- Machining Destroyer can stun the Vanguard as long as you have enough dudes on board for 1 CB
- Machining Despot (the new G-Unit) stuns two Units for each Rested Machining units you Stand (times the number of face up Machining card in your G-Zone) for 1 CB and G-Flip anything, so you can basically stun the whole board if you Stand 3 dudes

I'll not be looking forward for the upcoming meta

The Toxin lady stride I like that she still works against decks that hide away their RG.

Also how often did you have to tell people that an empty RG circle fulfills Dark Device?

is this guy still worth buying ?

Still a good one-of so you can laugh at any decks that superior calls and with the new Darkface Gedora it only costs 1 CB with her other Skill

when we gonna get a flip G-Guard that gives VG a power boost when attacking unit has a lot of power? ;_;

>G Guards in clan are so shit when I do use one it's pic
>Only one really worth using is just to recycle a card from its associated heal, not use its ability

Sometimes Murakumo is suffering and when you see RRs on the list you beg Kidani to throw you a bone and make it something decent.

>Wall of text meets War

Hard pass.

The walls of text are actually not that huge once you learn the game. You can basically discard the first half of G cards because for some reason, they keep putting stride rules on them. The other part is the symbols which take up a surprising amount of space.

>Nouvelle Vague l'Express
holy shit it's just names of french newspapers and magazines sticked together

I'm predicting future support in possibly an extra booster for that shit.

In terms of the old team barring the obvious Misaki LD we need g4 BB, g4 BD, and overlord PG and stuff.

Its a terrible card. Like at best it gives you 1 turn where your opponent only vanguard attacks and even against golds it's not that good I mean they'll just ride a 4 checks guy.

I used to. The game is much better than it typically gets credit for and the detractors rarely know shit about how it actually plays.

It's kind of annoying to keep up with though and the deck building aspect is boring compared to other games.

Picked up the flower starter, no idea how to play. Any good place to watch and learn, and what singles should I grab for it?

>lazynegro
>that flavor text
kek.

No but I'm kinda burnt out on mtg. Wanted to try caster chronicles but looks like it's not going to survive.

You run four ziegen
You run four Destiny
Blazing Burst is shit
Taiten is outdated.

Overlord has it's own g guardian you nob.

What's a basic core for Deletors look like?

>Not running at least 1 GB8 when everything flips

I just wanted a G-Guard that would either let me pop either the attacking or boosting rear guard since Resist will probably be really prevelant

See the very bottom one on the list, which is from the WGP 2017 Tokyo just a week ago He was basically forced to run 9 G-Guardians since he can't use most other ones

cf-vanguard.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/wgp2017_fighters_climax_tokyo_a

Thanks. Think I should go after Given and Greion now, or wait until Rondeau drops? Also, know any good locals in the St. Louis area?

That's just how he plays the deck, I really don't think you should be running Given considering that you will be neg extremely hard just to be able to re-stand Greion and wasting the Stand triggers. Also:

>Not running the new Grade 2 that would stop your opponent from Striding if hit when you run 12 Stand triggers

SHIGGY

Given is stupid. Considering you restand Greion and also get additional rearguard attacks based on your call things when things are sacrificed rears, the turn is just absurdly lethal.

How does this Deletor list look?

>G0
4 Flutter Deletor, Zuiije
4 Polypod Deletor, Oloron
4 Taunting Deletor, Gotho
4 Cramping Deletor, Edy
4 Rendering Deletor, Efames
>G1
4 Hire Deletor, Farwon
4 Instill Deletor, Ender
3 Breaking Deletor, Gatario
3 Idolizing Deletor, Guim
>G2
4 Clipping Deletor, Evo
2 Bloating Deletor, Gio
2 Forbid Deletor, Zakuelad
1 Juxtapose Deletor, Gaele
1 Lie-Down Deletor, Given
>G3
4 Darkjet Deletor, Greiend
2 Daunting Deletor, Oksizz
>G4
4 Deliberate Deletor, Aodaien
2 Genesis Machine Deity, Altwilder
1 Snow Element, Blizza
2 Blaming Deletor, Ibiores
2 Genesis Machine Deity, Desthergen
2 Darkness that Lights Up Demise, Lacus Carina
1 Air Element, Ractome
1 Metal Element, Scryew
1 Dark Element, Dizmel

You will probably want to include at least one or two Amnesty Messiah so you don't get shit on by Chaos or Messiah matchups and perhaps one Egorg. Also will Ender really do anything when your oppoent will almost never be Deleted during his turn?

I don't mind giving up a couple potential 4K boosts for possible extension of Delete on Zakuelad turns. Plus, knowledge of Ender will make them more likely to throw extra stuff to blocking an Ender, thus depleting resources faster.

*blocking Zakuelad, my bad

You can also check for the second place deck for the Kanazawa WGP as well

twitter.com/cfvanguard_PR/status/934682857800269824

>4 G3 Battle Sister won in face of all the Kagero decks

lel

Thinking about getting into the game with a budget deck. Which should I build? Amon, Hyakki, Thavas, or OG Shiranui?

>Thavas
>Shiranui
>Budget

Laughsin$$$.gif

Thavas will probably be the best bet as long as you can locate some Plato (Perfect Guard G) and Supersonic Sailor (Crit trigger that Countercharges when put into Soul) for cheap since those are the expensive/hard to find ones

How is OG Shiranui expensive? Tsukumorakan is completely unnecessary and usually a waste to stride anyways. Mukuro and Atagolord are the only expensive strides that are worth running at all, but from tests on CFA, I've rarely gone into either.
Thavas can be played without Plato or Supersonic; not optimally, but it's not much worse.

Which is why I only leave $$$ instead of $$$$$ (Luard and G-BT13 Overlord) and Tsukumorakan is still a good one of since reducing your opponent's hand to 3 can steal the game. As far as Plato and Supersonic Soul and CB can be an issue depending on what kind of rear guards you run or just run 4 Lambros at the expense of gigantic Alexandro restands

I like the consistency of Lambros, especially with Chaos Breaker Deluge and (possibly) Darkface Gredora running around. Also, this is my current stride lineup for Shiranui, if you have suggestions:
>4 Maguntenbu
>2 Jorurirakan
>2 Hayakujirakan
>1 Kurehalord
>1 Gounrakan
>1 Rokushikirakan
>2 Zashikihime
>2 old Abudataishi
>1 Gehourakan

- Run 2 Mujinlord instead of Jorurirakan (always feel like the 2 CB cost is too much even with the starter) so you can meme your opponent at mid/late game
- Hayakujirakan doesn't work unless you have Shura Stealth Dragon as your backup Grade 3

OG Shiranui is one of those interesting decks that can laugh at your opponent while you slowly whittle their hand down if set up properly, but if the starter dies or your rear guards keep getting removed then you are quite fucked

I disagree a little.
4 Zeigen is definitely true, and Taiten is definitely outdated. Purge is basically 2 crits except one of those crits is guaranteed and overcomes triggers. I can only see him being retained in a meta that's filled to the brim with Gold Paladins, their pretty much the only clan that you want to need to field wipe every turn who call 5 (NN doesn't count because soon they'll be running 8+ resist units). 4 Destiny is debatable since you do have g1 Conroe but you er on the side of caution, but if you do go 4 cut End and not X. End while anti-rush costs 2 CB to use in that way and that can end with you having to CB to g-guard.

Blazing burst is definitely good as a final turn sort of card. Never let it be underestimated that you can create 31+ columns with any grade 1+ and a trigger. Especially since they probably used all PG on your purge and zeigen turns.

FC2018 will hopefully give KG an anti-resist g-guard.

A lot of that text is because in magic terms it's like they printed out what keywords meant.

They might start removing it since they removed the heal trigger text.

>"I AM PERFECT!!!!!!!!"
Darkface is a fucking riot. Hope we see more of him later on.

It's nice they're pointing a spotlight on him and Gredora. Not often MC gets some attention that isn't just a one shot against a jobber.

Considering how Dumjid's G-Units were basically incinerated, will the fashion of destruction of other G-Units be different? More importantly who will wield the United Sanctuary Zeroth Dragon?

>Implying Darkface wouldn't be the designated jobber for GZ when Gredora will wield Zoa and do the heavy lifting

Used to but stopped when grade 4s came out. They just kept uping the power level and not supporting my two clans (granblue and divas). Shame, i truly did enjoy the game. Just didnt want to have to buy new stuff every set

Early on stride stuff put me off, but lately it's gotten more interesting and some stuff doesn't feel like a must have as it might've a year ago.

Really the only thing that put me off is stuff checking for keywords. So much stuff is built around Magia in Pale Moon that non-Magia things rarely fit. Luckily the way Magia plays is interesting enough to keep my PM deck up to date.

But keywords like Blaze? It's boring and is just playing up what you want to do anyways in Kagero. I don't need an incentive to kill RGs, I do it anyway.

I think the main problem with Early G-Era is that the support for each Clan was a slow trickle and certain decks became almost unstoppable due to bonkers G-Units, which basically resulted in degenerate formats (Revengers, Sanc. Guard and what not). And the problem was pretty much compounded by how some of said support took an year to each all the Clans and some of those support were just terrible due to different factors Thunderstrike before G-BT12 anyone?

Granblue is like tier 1.5 and used to be 1 for months and had a tier 0 deck that needed nerfs

Is there any good place to check the formats and topping decks without struggling through Pojo forums?

Their rush game is really strong, and since overlord runs the 10k unit (since its good against other rush) they have less room for pre-gb retire so the 10k+ attackers force you to go g3 first

Anyone else excited for Ultimate Stride?

Honest to god I'm amazed this game is still alive. It's been creeped to hell and back for the past 6 years.
The secondary market is absolutely the worst as well.

Post (st)ride chants!

I'm curious about Star Gate, and Darkzone. I mean Darkzone has a common theme until you remember GC. Then Stargate is just plain all over the place.

cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/

>tfw no space for Burnout and Neoflame

For the Star Gate one we will probably have:

Nova - Restand all your Rear Guards
D Police - Massive VG + Passive RG buffs (Extra Crit and Guard Break optional)
Link Joker - Lock and possibly Unlock

For extra salt it'll give all your Rear Guards Resist

Think it was said somewhere they don't plan to represent all clans with the ZR abilities.

Feels that way with Drachma, not much of a Murakumo feel to it. Could argue the VG manipulation, Dueling Dragons do that, but I don't think of them when I think of Murakumo.

I see it as

>Lock up to 5 units (including your own) then unlock up to 5 units
>Optionally your unlocked units gain power
>Power +10k to VG, then drive +1 if enough were locked/unlocked

This helps everyone since you unlock as standing and it resets the 1/turn of Nova grapplers. Although that might make the NG too good (I mean they could use the buff but it might go overboard)

Also yeah lack of Neoflame and Burnout kinda suck hopefully Bushi prints some g1 anti-rush since there is a little bit of space available and it would be fetchable with Conroe. Honestly could even be a PR since the Kagero PR aren't bad just not good enough.

NN now has a returnable crit trigger. This might be the push to be meta.

>Dark god of the underworld, whose tainted power darkens even the heavens. With thy power now under my command, wash away my foes in a sea of ebony flames! Ride/Break Ride/Cross Ride! Demon Marquis, Amon "Reverse"!

I know this feel too well, even had a Blazing Flare deck as my first one. We had an active scene for a while, but soon the weebs trickled in and outnumbered the tolerable players.

"Math and statistics don't matter, what matters is your connection to your deck! How you feel about it!" It got frustrating to handle.

I ended up selling out midway through stride era. Between the ridiculous community (local and online), the terrible balance, and even more linear than before gameplay, I was tired of it.

It does look like the game has improved though. Same for the community, mostly.

>People actually believes in the whole "Heart of the Cards" schtick

Maybe I should feel lucky that I never (if rarely) encountered those kind of people over 5 years. Besides wouldn't most unironic weebs be playing Weiss Schwarz instead?

Early on the online community didn't believe in statistics. Took a long time for people to realize you need four PGs, and back in the day there really wasn't much point to non-crit triggers and it took an even longer time for people to move away from rainbow lineups.

These days it's far more tame, at least where I go online and elsewhere.

Oh god, the people who didn't run 4 pg.

So the non crit triggers are better now? When I still played, the optimal ratio was still 12 crit 4 heal, although you could argue for 16 crit. It was near the beginning of the Stride era, and triple drive only made the ratio issue worse.

Triggers with abilities are grand. Playing Murakumo I go back and forth between Dart Spider (RG to soul to unflip) and Drench Serpent (Failed hit while boosting, soul charge, unflip, give 4k to a unit, then jump back into the deck). Both are stand triggers. I still stick to 8 crits, and stands aren't too shabby in Murakumo. The triple drive from strides makes different ratios work a little better these days.

Really just depends on if you want that effect or not. Otherwise I'd just 12 crit all the way.

Fuck, it's satisfying to hear a reasonable discussion about triggers. I was almost scared to mention triggers, after the shit that used to happen.

Thanks for the info! The game does sound a lot better now.

Well, back when the game first came out PGs for popular clans were hilariously expensive relative to almost everything else (around $20 each).

>12 Crit 4 Heal

It really depends if the deck can actually take advantage of running that many Crits (the old Alfred Beats for example), most were 8 Crit, 4 Draw, and 4 Heal or even 7 Crit / 5 Draw if it doesn't have the ability to thin out the deck fast enough

>16 Crit decks

The Ultra-Aggressive Sanc Guard deck run 16 Crits

Not him, but the game is now in a strange phase when some of the cards that got restricted now are Stand Triggers since they are bonkers now

I like the art but the rules boxes always annoyed me in how they look and are laid out. So I just always passed.

Yeah, some cards the box is obnoxiously large and covers the art. Hyakki Vogue is an example for too large a box covering up a cool dragon.

But if one is lucky or splurges, SP rares ditch the box and flavor text (the text for abilities is there, just over the art and adjusted to be visible). So you'll see more of the art.

Still don't see the appeal of hot stamp cards. Got a Harri one from the Pale Moon precon and I don't like it.

Thats part of it but to me its hard to read and doesn't flow. You cant glance at a card and understand what it does. I'm sure thats mitigated by knowing how to play the game but it still anoys me.

Like take
Its wordy as fuck and has six maybe seven unique symbols in its rules. Thats just way to much in my opinion.

>saying draw triggers were ever good in the past, before more effects.

Yup, I'm out. "thinning the deck" isn't a valid reason to run draw triggers, and I suspect this discussion will only devolve further.

Thanks, other guy with reasonable opinions! I had fun talking to ya.

I'm now curious to why you consider Draw Triggers to be actually bad I also remembered a time where certain clans had really wonky trigger lineups before more sets came out and I couldn't do 12 Crit even if I wanted to aka Tsukuyomi before BT5

Not that guy

5k shield. 5k fucking shield.

It's so fucking awful to draw into draw triggers. Most any time you'd rather have an actual trigger that gives you a reasonable amount of guard rather than reduce your deck's amount of shield by 20k.

The only decks where draws worked was when they had great effects, like Hysteric Shirley in Dark Irregular or Gattling Claw in Kagero.

That guy here. Decided to come back because this shit bothered me.

In addition to your stated point, the proposed "card advantage" of draw triggers was often negated by drawing a card you can't block with. Draw triggers are inherently defensive since your turn ends after attacks, and any gained card advantage is intended to go towards defending. You could very likely draw a grade 3 for shit guard, or you could draw a trigger for 15000 guard! Wow! That's totally good, right?

Unfortunately, the most common scenario is drawing a g2, g1, or another draw trigger. In which case, you have the same exact guard you'd have if you had just run a different trigger and hit that one instead.

So the bad scenarios for draws are drawing anything except for another trigger. And if you run at minimum 4 draws, that leaves only 12 possible chances off of a trigger. That's not great.

You can argue that draws off damage are strict card advantage, but sacrificing more common forms of card advantage (single, twin, and now triple drive) engines for damage is a bad move. You get 5 minimum damage before losing, you get vastly more drives than that in a game. Heals can extend the damage total, but it doesn't close the gap.

They are terrible in comparison to the other choices. Stands VS crits is a more nuanced argument that comes down to mathematical proofs, but crits were generally better before they added more effects to stands. Now it varies from deck to deck.