War hammer 40k General /40kg/

Bad Cover Photos Edition

Sly Marbo and some smug primaris angels.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/qwZAG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Death Guard sucks dicks and is overcosted

first for you made this shit too early AND fucked up the copy paste

Why did Falchions and Fellblades INCREASE IN COST.

They were already inferior to banechassis equivelents while being DOUBLE the cost.

So tomorrows reveals will include Codex Necrons and Tau as well as the next primarch? Russ?
Wonder what else.

Tell me about Your Nids

What will we see from the Warhammer World Open Day tomorrow?

so, will tomorrow mark the end of people trashing on this book?

Why did Stormravens get a cost decrease?

havn't actaully got any yet, being good and finishing off my previous army. Will be making a Tiamet fleet though

Trashing? People have been masturbating over it non stop

Will Nekorons ever be good or are they as shit as it seems

they dont even have their codex yet

calm the fuck down

Apparently they got made into Hive Fleet Oroboris while I wasn't looking. I started repainting them like 4 years ago. They are the exact same same scheme as the new codex except I put orange on the carapace.

Its okay though cause I quite like the Oroboris fluff.

stand back .. loyalcucks btfo .. chaos gets more discounts..

how can loyalists even compete?

Tru but guard will be shit

POINTS KEEP GOING DOWNNN .. YEESSS YEESSSSSS

powerklaw is 13pts?!

im gonna save like 100pts!

Would a (you) be acceptable payment for posting Necrons?

Help a hobbyist our, 40kg. I’ve decided to start collecting Vostroyans. This is going to be my first loyal human army. I’ll add to that by saying that I don’t really play the game, so rules and unit effectiveness doesn’t mean anything to me. I want it to be an infantry-heavy force, as the aesthetics of the Leman Russes just don’t really appeal to me.

I wanted to collect a small contingent of Primaris Marines as well. I think the models look neat, and fun to work with. I was wondering though if Veeky Forums recommends trying to add them in Imperial Fists, or Black Templars?

Did either of those chapters even receive Primaris Marines?

I’m also intimidated by working the yellow of Imperial Fists, but I think that strong yellow and the deep red of the Vostroyans would look great together. On the other hand, I love the special units in the Templars, and white and black go with everything.

TL;DR, Effective rules don’t matter. Should I collect Imperial Fists or Black Templars to go with Vostroyans?

I was looking at making a shooty Kronos list with Exocrines, rupture cannon Tyrannofexes, and lots of Hive Guard.

Also looking at shooty Orks.

nth for the court of the Nephilim King

>Guilliman barely gets a points increase, loyalist faggots have to keep using him to even stand a chance
>Malanthrope gets massive increase so WAAC fleet mixing cunts will have to stop crutching on them and learn to git gud like the rest of us had to for the last 3 editions
>AdMech get a shitload of reductions
>Exorcists are my favorite unit and model get a drop
>Grey Knight termies drop

I'm actually delighted with all this.

The only Necrons stuff in there is like 2 FW things.

Necrons don't get any because their codex will be out soon after Daemons. Same for Tau.

Wait, chapter approved is just an updated index for points?

>that Drukhari box

>assault cannon razorbacks are 114pts
>lascannon razorbacks are 120pts
Still too cheap, desu

Is that your painting user? If so, how'd you do the sword? Looks great.

some cuteaos (chute chaos)

but alas.only a tiny little blurb for necrons (maybe because dex is coming soon?

And rules for some fortifications, Apocalypse, Planetstrike, campaigns, VDR for Land Raiders and some bits for armies that dont have their codex.

Is that it for Orks? The Powerklaw reduction is awesome but I was really hoping they would slash the points on Deffkoptas. 4 isn't enough.

>DE perform the worst at recent GTs
>Barely any changes, none of them useful.

Why must we suffer?

ok hold on i'll just dump all 8 pages but goddamn timer is going to slow me down.

incomming 1/8 img spam

(i am also going to compare this to the CSM codex/deathguard index and csm index

Vostroyans do the shooty, so use templars to compsensate for the lack of punchy.

So how has your list faired with the points changes?

Both My Scions and Sisters lists have gone up 150 points, so thats fun.
And my SM bikes are incredibly jealous that for no reason Chaos bikes are now 2 points cheaper.

I guess its finally time to trade it all in for some Primaris™ Aggressors™ and Inceptors™.

upload it to imgur

Thanks man.

Gullyboi is 385 now. What was he before?

>fared

>Discount on Sisters weapons
>25 point discount on Exorcist
Nice.

>Why must we suffer?
Because we get off on it.

dumping continues 50 seconds or so between posts
right after i dump

3 is here4 here 5: here

>Blight Launcher 10
Madonna

my list went down like 150pts since i have a million power klaws and a morkanaut.

so thats good

>Blood Angels
still waiting
>Space Wolves
I can dig it
>Orks
klaw and killsaw changes are really nice

6/8 here

7/8

Were all those point increases REALLY worth a 5 point drop on terminators...?
Refer to attached picture.

post homebrew marine chater color schemes, I need some inspiration

8/8 fin .. uploading to imgur

imgur.com/a/qwZAG

>Were all those point increases REALLY worth a 5 point drop on terminators...?

no one uses terimantors.. hell i don't even do the abadon + combiplasma spam deepstrike in crap.

No Tau or Necron changes in Chapter Approved

Does that mean the codex releases are imminent?

February probably.

Exorcist still shit.
Points was never the problem. The issue was it single gun.

160 now 135 to hardly kill a single infranty model and maybe if lucky wound a Rhino is not worth 100

So is it better to add stuff to a base before or after doing the texture?

fug forgot #8 is here: possible but then again why update an animu npc race?

Tau after Demons, late Jan early Feb.

Necrons are already balanced and need no changes. (i.e. cucked again)

That looks almost finished! Just need the yellow markings and what seems like a couple other details. Other than that it looks great!

And GSC and Deathwatch

>inceptors went down like 15 ppm
>Meganibz, morkanaut, squiggoth and chinork all got HUGELY cheaper

thank mork

Just bought my first 500 points
Neurothrope, Hive tyrant
A unit of hive guard, 20 gargoyles, a trygon, and, 3 boxes of genestealers. Will get those put together, painted up, thrn will grab gaunts and tervigon.
What HS should I take? Exocrine?
Going jormungdr

>see AdMech
>so much stuff is now cheaper
>can modify my list again and maybe fit some new shit like wargear options or maybe some more troops
>mfw
Fantastic.

Played against Morty and Magnus at 2k pts and didn't kill myself. What are you up to anons?

So which version of the rules are we on now? 8.1.2?

Wait a minute, am I wrong or have Inceptors gone down like 100pts? Inceptor+2Plasma Exterminators=590, which is 177pts for the whole squad as opposed to 258pts they now cost, like holy shit they are so fucking worth it with the new point cost!.

Both those factions got point changes

My lists went up like 100 points. I'm happy about it at least. Some of the point costs now make me have a reason to want to take certain weapons and builds. Not sure if I will still take Conscripts. I used 2 squads of 20-30 for a while simply as a means to screen, I wouldn't even bother using orders or any buffs on them. I just wanted them in the way turn one and then forget about them because I got sick of rolling so many goddamn dice for almost no results. I might as well just take infantry squads now since I'm not really getting any benefit from Conscripts. Though I'm tempted to keep at least 1 squad for fluff reasons.

Good to see the battlewagon didnt get the points drop it desperately needed, nor did flash gitz or deff dreads

Not to their core units
Just wargear
Which means theyll be after crons n tau

Everything before now has just been variations of 8.0

Chapter Approved is the first major revision so it would be 8.1

It would be easier to refer to it as 8th edition 2018 or 8th edition Season 1, since they plan on updating the game annually like this

time to sell my lord of skulls and buy some Primaris Interceptors™ and Primaris Intercessors™ and Primaris Inceptors™ and Primaris Interns™ and Primaris Internationals™ and Primaris Intelligence™

Hive Fleet Araneae, theorized to be a bud of Kronos. Unusually it's actually lead by a particularly potent Neurothrope known as the Weaver of Souls for its habit of hunting down Chaos Sorcerers and devouring their spirits. Favors a high number of shooty gaunts mixed in with a powerful web of Warriors backed up with Exocrines and Tyrannofexes to the rear.

That actually makes sense, surprisingly

I just remember there being rules, codexes, and errata, so I still struggle with some of the refinements

Behemoth ship sent way back in time because of warp shenanigans after the whole macragge thing, crash lands in some dinky system with no queen and goes full feral, catachan devil style. Early M37 another damaged ship from oroboris crash lands there and /eventually/, talking 999M41, they manage to scrap up a fleet out of the system.
They're currently too busy chasing a genecult to do anything worthwhile but they're getting close
Tl;dr: behemoth and Oroboris combined as an excuse to write up some dudes from a system that has "native" Tyranid life
and an excuse to post this like 6 times a week

I've won every game so far? Mostly Vs guard and broken arse combined imperium spam lists. Just advance slowly, shoot the shit out of them from safely behind you patented double layer cultist and zombie fence, get in close then shit mortal wounds on their chest like it's your coworkers desk.

Do people really think the book is bad?

>AdMech
Can't complain at all. Lots of cheaper stuff.

So the user that leaked everything alleged that Death Company are going to get and i quote "I hope you like that swing twice, and attack a 3rd time Berserkers have, Death Company have it." So that seems interesting.

>they plan on updating the game annually like this
[Citation needed]

This is definitely the most effort that they've put into the game for as long as I can remember. CA isn't perfect, but they're making an effort and it's largely the right direction.

My Eldar went up 80 points for the Shadow Spectres which is kind of a pain in the dick. I expected them go up 2-4 ppm, not 10.

Did they reduce the point cost of any admech weapons or just units? I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

>chinork went down over 50%

About fucking time too

>BAngles still insist they aren’t pawns of Khorne

Should do it like anime seasons. So when CA comes out we'll begin Winter Season (2017-2018) then they can give another update in a few months and we'll call that Spring 2018.

What! YES! Please don't be fake.

Wonder if they fix Repressor wording.
The extra cost is not much specially considering the units inside can always shoot at full BS after the Tank advanced or fallback.

What would be the best way to convert these guys as cultists?

csm crew 13 - 10 (down 3 pts)
hellforged cerebus heavy destoryer 650 - 470 (up 80 pts)
hellforged contemptor dread 116 - 103 (down 13 pts)
hellforged dreadclaw drop pod 200 - 130 - down 60 pts
Hellforged falchion 600 - 840 (up 240)
hellforged felblade 520 - 740 up 220
hellforged kharbdis ass claw 300 - 375 up 75
hellforged mastodon 704 934 up 230
HF predator 110 95 down 15
HF sicaran venerator 160 - 175 up 15
hf typhon heavy siege tank 500 - 700 up 200

hellforged section is somewhat up down but down on key units (all though i think GW might have had soemthing to do with this .. )

more comparisons incomming for Chaos

theyve done the same thing with AOS

generals handbook = chapter approved

I never insisted that i wasnt khorne. I just insist that i dont openly worship him. I am getting into Khorne Daemons this christmas season.

You (we) should be used to it by now, we waited 11 fucking years for a codex once... This is but a flutter in time young archon.

I'll never admit to being anything but loyal

What colours did you use to highlight the black chitin? Ive been thinking about doing charcoal armor plates like that

I was waiting to pull the trigger on a Fellblade or Falchion

But they went up in cost despite being bad.

And have they been keeping up with it? Making relevant changes etc?

wow good thing they adjusted those particular Tau units now I can spam fucking Mantas and Taunars

They released the second one a few months ago

Don't lie to yourself, you know you deserved it. Eldar already have more than enough undercosted units as it is.