Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, New orlock gang
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MmnNybAu6Tw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for CADIA!

second for plastic sisters today

For Commorragh!

Is that it? Today's big announcement was a new Necromunda gang?

Why are we still here?

They lied to us. There is nothing on Warhammer Community that I won't want miss.

youtube.com/watch?v=MmnNybAu6Tw

Second for TEARERS.

Thats fucking it

Ive been waiting months for this fucking open day and all they show off is fucking ORLOCKS

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT NECROMUNDA

FUCK NECROMUNDA

So it's the "we have to have one reasonably dressed group" Group.
Well, fuck Underhive but I will be using some of these models as Guard

>all these tears while im super excited for more unique guys to add to my mercenary IG army
i hope you guys get some cool stuff soon, but i cant wait to get my grubby hands on these and start hacking them up

Tau ML strat lets you add D3 MLs onto something hit by ML for 1 Command
Puretide Engram lets you get a Command Point back on a 6 when anyone uses a strat. Plus the single reroll.
People keep screwing up the rules for them

This is the lease exciting thing they could have possibly announced at an open day

Its worse than fucking knight heads

a fucking THIRD ultramarines upgrade sprue would have been more exciting than fucking orlocks

You don't enjoy more Death Guard and Chadmarine?

>orlocks without bandannas
I dunno boss

nice models though

I feel you. I'm going to be using so many necromunda models for my Guard and Inquisition.

So Open Day has started?
How long till something major

They literally just posted everything

All thats there is new Orlocks

Thats it

That was the big reveal

"You wont want to miss it!"

Fuck you GW. I couldn't give a single dusty fuck about Necromunda.

Is there any point to getting Chapter Approved if you don't regularly play games or at all?

>Gun is stuck in fixed, shitty position and cannot swerve.

This kit is TTTTTRAAAASSH.

This is E3 levels of disappointing

Everything I see says the people are still waiting in line.

They posted this before letting bloggers in, effectively sniping the news outlets.

But they'll still get screens from slideshows and we'll have a fresh round of "I talked to so-and-so and they said on the down low" rumors.

> Necromunda
Fucking shit.

>push fit model that dosent need glue
>Surprised it dosent have possibility
you are a bit silly user

Well, I like them

>Hazard suits still hilariously overpriced
it's not fair

The fuck

>MFW i genuinely thought they were 3rd party

After reading the points changes to Orks, I can honestly say that even though I regularly play there's no reason to buy the book. I'm not giving GW money after the fucking slap in the face they just gave my army.

I would have liked them if they went up for preorder randomly one day

Not headlining GW's big special "announce new stuff" day

Are we sure about that?

Its the cheap snapfit kit. What did you expect.

If you want variable posing just buy the normal kit thats been out for a while now.

>Having a joint to move the gun up and down is hard.

Seriously, look how much free space they still have left. Separate the gun and the arm, who design this kit is an imbecile.

> "Several popular characters, like Saint Celestine, Belisarius Cawl, and Roboute Guilliman, have increased in points"

> Cawl went from 250 to 240

Bit of an oversight here.

> Necromunda

Common, this is just the start right ? Because this is definitely something I want to miss.

PEN is a free upgrade, for now.

ML strat is amazing.

Mont'ka Warlord trait lets you advance and fire heavy weapons without penalty, which will be nice for Marker warlords and will make Longstrike that much better.

I hope I don't need to say this but don't buy that new snapfit shit.

This is GW seeing how much they can get away with. If people buy it all models will be reduced to mono-pose shite.

Does this seem like the way they would end their article if there was some big reveal on the way?

I really want to play Dark Eldar but I am not thrilled at having to buy out of print metal or finecast incubi models.

it's meant to be easy to build retard - it's for kids.
just buy the actual kit you cheap fuck

You never know, user. You never know.

I have no sympathy for anyone who buys into GW hype.

>Wake up excited we might see some tau septs or something
>it's fucking nothing.jpg
xeno life is suffering

Cheaper power klaws?

The whole point of the easy to build kits is that they're as simple and in as few parts as possible. Aimed as the cheap and easy alternative for enticing noobs.
Its well designed for its purpose.

Its literally for newibies and kids. if it hurts your but so much, buy the full kit fuck head

Why even have an open day if you dont show off anything

People paid money to go to this shit

A free upgrade, a good strat, and a potentially broken trait.

xenos life is truly suffering
as the venerable Aun'shi said in the comoragh arenas:
"In those
dark times, we truly need the Greater Good"

Call China

got Drukhari stuff?

I couldn't be more mad than this.

No, apart from the mephitic blight hauler all these are alternative versions of existing kits.
Its just the new version of those cheap snapfit kits of most armies troops they started doing in 4e.

This isn't actually a new thing for GW, all thats "new" is the easy to build name and using coloured plastic.

Pretty glad I didn't buy those 279 euro kreig earthshaker battery sets after this update... what would be a good arty piece for kreig now?

>mfw you can give neurochip to an Ethereal

There's more been shown off. We'll have to wait gor the usual fan photos to start circulating

>Xenos
GET OUT OF MY IMPERIUM REEEEEEEEE

>Broken trait
Well one of the traits is a regular support system for like 5 points and the other is shit because your warlord will hit on 2+ anyway, but now it can't even move.

the marker light one is decent if you can't spend the 16 points for two extra pathfinders.

I guess 1 extra cp on average / game is nice.

Why all these new models have fucking enormous legs ??? Escher goliaths chaos shafespire

How much do these simple kits cost? they are basically those now that they can be built without glue and have 0 options.

There'll be nothing new as far as models, but there may be things said by the designers which will shed light on a few things.

I have the full kit, just unglued and tac because I don't have the time to prime them for months. I thought the ETB mine be cool to assembled and have them in my desk at work. Nope. Pass.

Because 40k is cartoony world of warcraft shit now

long gone are the days of well proportioned kriegers, now everyone is a street fighter character

Nick?

The blight hauler is apparently $35. Dunno about the others.

It uld be pretty easy to just convert it if you want a slightly different pose.

Conscripts now cost the same as normal IG infantry now. Believe me, it's less of an "oversight" and more just downright incompetance.

That's $35 AUD, for those non-kangaroo anons. How much is the snapfit redemptor? Got a bud into 40k recently and kinda want to get him something for Christmas.

I kinda like it. They look tanky, like miners should. Steel toed boots and protective gear.

Possible alternate use as Renegade HQs?

GW's look has always been chunky. Only the FW models are closer to a realistic scale.

They'll make great guardsmen but I actually expected a new primarch

I'm playing Chaos Primaris and these stupid crotch-boxes/seals ruin any hopes I had for these guys to be convertible.

Anyone know if the normal Aggressor Squad boxes also come with enough flamethrowers to kit out the entire unit?

How has Blizzard not filed a lawsuit yet?

GW would have had it been the other way around.

you could dremel away the crotch details and green stuff some chain mail in its place. Chaos love chain mail.

Because Blizzard knows they used 40k as a base for Starcraft, so they would lose.

Don't think Blizzard wants to open that can of worms, given how they got started.

> in the 41st millennium shipping containers have guns worth more than the goods inside

They have enough elements to look like pimped space marines, if the gravis didn't had those weird caps they would look like oversized mk8 power armour

Wot? Converting those to chaos is trivial. Just gouge out most of the crotch box and GS over the gap one of those chainmail loin cloths chaos loves.

But yes the normal kit comes with enough flamers for all.

pic

The wording is very different from Target Tracker.

You can move and shoot as if you hadn't moved. That means advancing, and then being able to shoot Assault, Rapid Fire, or Heavy Weapons at full BS.
Advancing gets you better shooting on heavies than just regular moving, and you can advance into rapid fire double tap range, when normally after advancing, even with Target Lock, you can't shoot Heavy, Rapid, Pistol, or Grenades at all.

That means Forge World commanders with heavy 4 Smart Missile systems, and Longstrike, and markerlight infantry characters.

>Chaos Primaris
>manwithnotaste.jpg

The Tau battleforce costs 130 euros but if you bought each thing individually would be 202 euros. Is it worth it?

Kharadon overlords one is worth 192.5 euros.

The Tzeench one is 190.
Sorry for not complaining about the open day

the absolute state of brainlets in 2017

Primaris terminators any day now

>not realiseing that gorrilaman is really alpharius in disguise and all primaris marines are chaos sleepre agents.

> The parasite's kiss averages the same damage against vehicles as a loota
Wew I didn't know it was that bad

Nah theyll just do deathwing aggressors.

Also wtf?

Stormcast Eternals were always a creation of Tzeench?

have you got the harlequin stuff? also is the only points changes done to the harlequin kiss, harlequin caress and deathjester for harlequins?

can we see the whole page please?

At least two of those are going to be my Chem Dog commanders

I'm really confused, people stood in line to see a single product a few minutes after everyone else? Why would you attend a GW event in the future then?

it would be worth but it is still 130 euros

Why can't GW balance their fucking game?

I knew the whole bird thing meant something.

but muh +2 save

No, they are just invading the Plane of Shopping
DEATH TO CHAOS