Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Cucked again, edition.

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, New orlock gang
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo
youtube.com/watch?v=KzY45Fbni40
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg
youtube.com/watch?v=F-V2EI6InX8
youtube.com/watch?v=MTnhdHvABEc
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE
kirtongames.co.uk/collections/new-releases/products/battleforce-tau-empire-rapid-insertion-cadre
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watch these videos several times.
youtube.com/watch?v=KzY45Fbni40
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg

That's actually not that bad for a first time, but it's very dirty. Also, there looks like there _might_ be some flash, i dunno on the jump pack?

Some other videos to watch include:
youtube.com/watch?v=F-V2EI6InX8
youtube.com/watch?v=MTnhdHvABEc
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE

So watch them all, maybe get some of the paints/shades/tools you require if you don't have them already, and say 50 hail duncans before painting more.

Also first for Orks.

15 points for a soulburst action if your opponent kills your dialogus

How many neurothropes do you run? How many venomthropes?

Did GW's big announcement turn out to be nothing as per usual?
Checked the community page and I didn't find much interesting except that one guy who keeps bitching about the nurgle tank finally got his answer.

Thinking about starting 40k. Which race should I collect? Thinking Tau because their robot suits are pretty cool

If CA did fuckall for your army(ies), represent.

All three of mine. Deldar, GK, T’au.

Tell me Anons.
Are Grey Knight Terminators viable again with the announced Chapter approved point reduction? Now, obviously they're still pretty shit at 43 PPM, but at least they seem actually playable now, combined with the fact that they still have obsec and help get CP with Battalions.
Will Terminators finally make a comeback?

New Necromunda gang which could serve as nice conversion fodder if they aren’t too terribly monopose.

Go all in. Theres a limited kit
kirtongames.co.uk/collections/new-releases/products/battleforce-tau-empire-rapid-insertion-cadre
Good investment

Well if you like their looks might as well go Tau, better start with a faction that you like already instead of worrying about how they fare in the table than going for something else.

>another tau fag is born
sigh

ok, is the mechanicum perhaps infiltrated by Orks now?

So how do you prefer your acts of faith ? Their faith is so hard that their bolters started glowing golden light as they mow down the enemy or something more low key, like an one in a million shot or heroic act that can be as likely attributed to skill, luck, pure willpower born from faith or an actual miracle without a clear answer ?

Obviously Saint Celestine is an anomaly and not the norm.

14th for Necrons got quality Warlord trait and a pretty good strat in CA.

Is scabeiathrax still worth fielding now he's 167 points higher in price. Is 777 too much for him? With Death Guard fyi

bought and painted 3 finecast venomthropes when they first came out but i have never even tried them because of malanthrope.

>annhialatum
seems like it

>Somebody else make my decisions for me! I wanna get told what to play

>waaaah, he likes something I don’t
Grow the fuck up, user.

>Aetaos’rau’keres went up to 1500 points

Good. I don't have a Tau army but I just really love their presence in 40k. They bring no end of tears to all the Cheetoh-fingered neckbearded grognards moaning about "MUH GRIMDARK"

non viable. what is worse with the razor being updated in points, strikes became shit. So for those poor GK fuckers nerfs life is always up hill.

both

Grey Knight Terminators are even less viable now

High #s of terminators will never be good, especially without storm shields

Stuff like plasma guns and smite just wreck them too hard.

Why move strike squads in a razorback? Seems more fitting to put a purgation squad in there.

No. Current edition put emphasize on number of models or high wounds + high inv save. Everything else has no tapletop stickyness and hence should only be considered from a cost efficiency of the alpha strike.

Did they raise the cost of razorbacks?

They didn't want to have a daemon be as good as a Primarch of the same God, I guess.

kek

Get rekt you fucking chicken.

On the other hand

>Gulliman only got 15pts hike
>Magnus unchanged
>Cawl's cost went fucking down

Accept the Herohammer, anons.

They'll be the same as the other gangs. Fixed legs+torsos with swappable arms+weapons, heads and accessories.

I want to stab the fucker who keeps drawing these cutesy pictures and the guys who pay him to do that.

you don't want hvy weapons that GK have they suck. And you don't deploy the strikes in razors, you put all 3 units in deep strike. psycannons/psi lancers could have their cost cut in half, and the incienrators free, and it wouldn't probably be worth it.

both, of course. it's the only right choice.

I want to pee between the pillows of his couch.

Keep posting shit like that, user. It only makes me encourage artists like that and throw a couple bucks into their Patreons.

That inquisitor and her 2 guardsmen children are ADORABLE

yes.

>same for primaris/DG, they don't want the new stuff to not be bought.

edgy

Isn't the Terminus Ultra an Ultramarines invention?

Why the fuck are Rhinos so tough? only 1 wound less than a fucking predator

Quit being such a whiny bitch.

so, that's the root of the ork infiltration, I see

cause they are tanks that carry guys around

Why do predators have an extra wound? Same chassis as the Rhino.

So, what will be new Chaos LoW list? Magnus and Morty are obvious ones, but i wonder if Dual Avenger Knight or Falchon will take the third place.

The psycanon is a real mystery to me. Shittier than an assault canon and shittier than an autocannon, but more expensive than either

And apparently they think they're worth 25 points each on a razorback now

As a Guard player who constantly goes up against the things, I accept it because they all come from the same chassis.

1 Neurothrope for backfield synapse
0 venomthrope because GW decided to raise the minimum unit size and i only have 2

>Cawl's cost went fucking down

Wait, what? Thought they said he was being nerfed.

I'm a fan of the Admech buffs, but Rusties and Balistarii needed a points drop and Kataphrons aren't anywhere near cheap enough even with a 5ppm drop. Still a big improvement.

Do we know for sure that was the announcement, though?

The whole "Emperor is a Warp Deity" with Saints and LotD as daemons of the Emperor appeals to me. So I like the golden light shit.

Doesn’t sound too bad. I can foresee people slapping lasguns on them and using them for veterans.

>The codex brought down Blastmasters to 20 and Noise Marines to 15
>Now the Doom Siren is 10 instead of 22

>My ranged Sonic Dread is now 147pt
>My melee Sonic Dread is now 164 pt
>My full optional 12 Noise Marines squads are now 280 pt

Why? It was already overcosted...

GW y you so stupid?

The article said “that’s it”. Highly doubt Sunday will bring anything new.

Gummyman went up 25 points didn't he? 360 to 385.

Who here hopes they bring back templates? they added much charm to big guns in my opinion and the D6/D3 system just rubs me the wrong way

Gw loves to forget that GK don’t have access to all the toys vanilla marines do.

the gk techmarine is the most mind blowing unit I have ever seen. it is a techmarine that costs twice as much as the loyalist marine one, for no real gain.

Yah they are so good. Just staryed collecting, so im building a vanilla list- FW is banned localy, and i dont plan on hitting a gt in the nesr future.

>playing a meme sub-faction

That's it for warhammer open. In no way did that refer to what they wanted to refer.

As an Imperium/Chaos player, I can totally see your problem. As a Tyranids player, I am insanely happy they are gone, not just because they screwed me over but also because it makes half my Venom Cannons way better.

Riptides are shit right now, so, good investment on the cheap.

>FW is banned localy
But why?

I'm fine without them. I just think some of the ex-blast weapons should get the rule that they get extra shots vs. large unit sizes. I'm a little mystified why that rule is so rare.

Ballisterii don't need a points drop, you're just bad at 40k. I love them.

>Not playing the glorious inquisition with cheap guard bodies to screen your terminators

Come on now

well before 8th started, GW told us that they playtested the rule for 2 years. That no faction will be bad anymore and at worse when codex arrive are all people really going to want to play with different units. They did achive it for tyranids or IG, who were really bad. I have no idea why they couldn't fix GKs.

No, I'm glad they're gone. It's one of the many things they took away that helps speed up gameplay, and reduces arguments so we can get on with the fucking game.

I say this as a Guard player with lots of Battle Cannons and Earthshakers in his army.

With the Conscript point increase I wonder if they'll walk back the Commissar change at all.

Probably their worse than usual game balance

which is wrong

At this point I wish we were just rolled back into Imperial Agents/Inquisition. Yet here I am buying another box of terminators to make the Ancient, Apothecary, and some Paladins. I’m up to 20 power armor and 20 terminators.

because no one wants to play vs 5 malific lords, FW demons, flyers etc. They make stuff like hellhounds for fewer points with better rules. Gigant spawn that are super cheap. And I have never in my life seen anyone want to buy and play with any of the bad FW units. No it is always, 6-9 hornets, kriegers cavalery, malific lords or 600pts warhounds that solo 1500pts armies etc.

Maybe so, I yield to the knowledge of how they actually play since I'm saving all my Cognis Heavy Weapons to make conversions from and just making Lance Dragoons.

>20 terminators

There has never been an edition of Warhammer where that was ever a good idea.

Gk are bad because the game is inherently slanted towards hordes. You only have 20 models on the table at 2000 points and so you can't win an objective game. Try playing a real army not hyperspecialized memes.

Excuse me, imperial citizen, but did you just imply that Inquisitors are not cute?

I'll have you know your planet is of little strategic importance to this sector, citizen

>walk back the Commissar change at all.
Oh honey, oh sweetie... no.

what if you just didn't play with that guy?

Cool. The fact venomthropes arent characters really hurts If malenthrope was not an option, how would you fill your hq? Hive tyrant?

Easy. They grossly overestimate the value of Mortal Wounds, because MWs eat Space Marines so well. But apparently they didn't realize that they created a meta where tons of weak bodies are better than few strong bodies and against such tons of weak bodies, MWs are awful.
Grey Knights' shtick is that they can crap rather enormous amounts of them, thus are costed way too high.

How are you using that 90% of admech havent already? Compare their cost equivalent to onagers and youll see

but if you play a soup list why play GK at all. Just take IG and loyalist centurions, with some smite batteries. Same effects fewer points, more hvy weapons ,orders and all around re-rolls from girlyman.

Is it true that Smite is 3 per turn now?

So are Grey Knights dead as an army if Paladin costs aren't going down and Stormraven and Razorback went up?

Here's 20 thrones. Now strip and show me them titties, sister.

>defending a meme sub-faction

Personally, now that we know Chapter Approved will adjust FW points costs I see no game based reason to ban them. All that's left is a store owner doing it because "I can't sell them."

And yet, now they can't even do that b/c they nerfed GK smite, even on characters

Seems like you have a WAAC problem not a FW problem, I mean what's next banning rhino armor?

>"if i parrot it enough it will be truth!"

For real ? Where did you hear that ?

>REEEEE MUH GRIMDARK REEEEE THIS IS A SERIOUS UNIVERSE REEEEEEE GIVE ME MORE MARINES SHOOTING BOLTERS AT SPIKY MARINES REEEEE