/gengen/ - Genesys Roleplaying System General

/gengen/ - Genesys Roleplaying System General

Maximum Shilling Edition!

>USA Release date Nov 30

>TOPIC OF THE DAY
If you are working on a setting, post some Inspiring media for that setting!

>Disord Server
discord.gg/3vNJa6t

>FFG Community Forums
community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/527-genesys/

>There is a reddit group but meh

>Known Narrative Dice (Star Wars) Homebrews and Conversions
pastebin.com/3L0R2ttq

OP Bump. First and only.

A setting I have been thinking of is based off ARK. More mythical creature focus than dinos.
Game mechanics with crafting, taming, riding, exploring, base building, resource gathering.

Any more news from the Redditors who already have a copy?

Think FFG will put out any other previews before the 30th?

Currently working on a TRON-inspired setting for a campaign I'm brainstorming. Lightbikes, gladiatorial games, resistance against the administration, glowing body suits, the works.

What is this even?

I doubt it, there's been about one a week recently.

Doubtful, but I'm counting on an article from FFG on release.

>linking the reddit discord
SCANS FUCKING WHEN REDDITORS

So you don't use the rules of the game you run and still you claim other people don't understand the system. Seriously, find another hobby, you're clearly not cut for Rpgs.

stop baitposting fag, we already had your bullshit argument that swallowed up fifty posts because of this idiocy

Oh, but it does. By rolling behind the screen you're stealing the player's choice to affect the outcome with Destiny or single use abilities.

shut up faggot

>Hidden rolls are stupid stop doing them we all know you do it so you can fudge things
+1

>systems = suggestions
Just learn the fucking game and play the fucking game. If you don't like the game why the fuck are you playing it in the first place, there's fucking hundreds of other fucking games out the fucking there.

All I hope is that the vehicle combat isn't as rocket-tag as it was in Star Wars.

I get the point that in vehicle combat, there should be loads of setback dice for everyone, but it still feels like vehicles get taken out too often.

A generic system that Fantasy Flight made based on their Star Wars RPGs.

Faggots have the book but are too puss to do anything about it.

I think so, at least an announcement doc talking about how cool it is.

Very cool. Just as I put a pastebin together of older conversions, I am going to plan to make a repo of Genesys settings. So keep some detailed notes if you care user.

Im sure they refined the rules since SW. If not im sure a group will do a shipfag like fix.
On the discord there is a link to some SW rules (mass combat, base building) that are planned to get a Genesys upgrade as well. New ship rules might fall into that.

>Faggots have the book but are too puss to do anything about it.
Why would shills who work at FFG's, trying to produce some buzz here, post a scanned version?

I think hidden rolls are fine if used sparingly and only for very specific types of rolls.

For example, i like to have my players make a hidden roll if they use social skills to try and milk information. That way they'll be more suspect of the information.

I just work here a FFG. I do not play so whateva

Stop shilling this crap.

>implying naysayers aren't on SJG's payroll
More seriously, the SW system has been doing well enough that I don't think paying shitposters to shitpost about it wouldn't really move the needle in a meaningful way.
Plus if they wanted visibility and positive attention they'd just sponsor an actual play podcast or livestream. That'd be as cheap as giving a couple free books and set of dice away versus paying literal shills a few thousand dollars.

Quiet Goys! Those dice are not going to sell themselves!

These low tier shitposts reminds me of when Pathfinder first released.

They are not dice, they are 14.95 $$$ "suggestions". 14.95 $$$ GM fudge screen soon available at your FLGS.

Just fucking kill yourself you (you) hoarding retard.

pdf when?

Did I mention the excellent 39.95 $$$ "wing it all yourself" kit?

When some shop employee grows some balls and takes some pics, drops it online. Until then we wait...

Welcome to games with GMs, dingus.

Don't give the trolls (you)s. It's all they have in a life that should probably be ended.

Whenever one of the shop workers can figure out how their phones work and post a pdf. The problem is that most are pussys who think somehow FFG will find out who they are like a game company is the FBI or some shit.

Alright redditors very funny, now hand over the scans

Wait, why do redditors have the scans? And if they do, why won't they post them?

I think that'd be sort of neat, but it'd probably be good to not base it too closely on ARK, I would definitely try to add some unique mechanics and themes to it.

Personally I'm making a setting based on Made in Abyss, thus far I'm working out the world, but it's only going to be loosely based on the ideas of the manga and instead be my own setting.

The difficulty is finding the sweet spot of technological level, geographic size of the abyss, and "curse" strength.

Don't think they'd do anything as lofty as scan them, as mentioned before, out of fear of FFG somehow finding out, but there are folks who have the book already and it's killing me

A few people posted on reddit about getting copies early. One because he works at a bookstore or FLGS, one because they're old friends with a person at FFG. In both situations it'd be a little irresponsible to post scans--or at least, to do that before the release date.
Also scanning a big textbook is a pain in the ass if you want to do a good job of it.

>Also scanning a big textbook is a pain in the ass if you want to do a good job of it.
never stopped ffg players before, i swear half of the books they've ever released are still in a horrible state or missing pages because they just took pictures of it with their phone

>irresponsible

In what way? Do they owe some sort of life debt to FFG to not spoil something 5 days early?

Also, they could at least post a ToC and prob some other tidbits VERY easily.

>irresponsible

Yes, it would be, but very beneficial to us.

Especially since it would give us something to talk about so that the entire thread wasn't just "muh shills, dice with symbols on them are a scam" shitposting.

On that note, did these faggots make this much of a stink when EotE came out? This is literally just the setting-generic EotE so I don't see why it's suddenly a problem now.

Pretty much, though anons screaming "SHILL!" wasn't popular until a few years ago.

Not just ARK:TTRPG, Going to be inspired heavily for sure. Have some larger objectives other than just living, but be very grounded.

Small cities, some roaming raider tribes, lots of mythical monsters. Gather, trade, fight, survive.

Right now it is more getting the Base building, crafting, and beast riding rules down.

You'd think those Redditors could at least post the table of contents and maybe the character sheet.

You'd also think I wouldn't be acting like a crack addict over this.

It's nuts, right?

Yeah, even just the table of contents would be pretty nice. It'd be a perfect cross-section for this sort of thing to see how it's all cut to shape.
Also, goddammit, you're right, this is some real slow-burn want for this game. I wasn't thinking about it before you said anything but now it's driving me crazy.

Every game with special dice gets shit for it, don't feel special.

I am a newfag but I suspected as much.

Is this really "universal" or will it require a complete rewrite to make it fit my setting?

Depends on the setting. Probs will have you develop some items, ships, etc. but for the most part the core will be left alone.
Also the system is flexible enough for you to add on a bunch of home-rules to fit your setting better.

What setting are you working on user?

Hyperborian barbarian beastman kingdoms versus dinosaur/bird warlock empire

Those symbols are worse each time I see them. This thing has worse visual design than Strike!

I think all of them are fine except Failure and Threat should be witched.

Fucking metal. You should be fine, In fact the game should make for you some flavorful crunch (brute force and weapons vs trippy magic effects)

Got some inspurational pics/vids/music/lit?

I saw this image the other day

That looks sick!

Like I said before () I am looking to make a collection of solid Settings so keep your notes together if you care.

Why do you guys insist on showing an incorrect chart? The failure and threat symbols are switched.

Fake news! Sad!

Most starfighter fights in SW were kinda rocket tag-y, so that makes sense there, but if it's for big ships as well that's an issue

>Also scanning a big textbook is a pain in the ass if you want to do a good job of it.
As the scannon of Worlds of Android, I can confirm it takes the piss to scan a big book well

I'm thinking just a bunch of decent enough photos strung into a pdf for now. Have a cleaner pdf come out later.

Yea, but a shitty cell phone photo of a table of contents and maybe a few other choice shots takes less than a minute.

The problem is that the retail workers can't even do that which is odd.

Welcome to shitty games with shitty DMs is what you wanted to say.

since what you clearly want is a video game

>>>/l/ since what you clearly want is not an actual Rpg.

Just die (you) faggot. Just die.

Nope I don't need your shitty die. Why are you even bother rolling it only to ignore it?

You're feeding the troll.

Why do you keep coming to this thread and repeating this downright lie because one dude said you can ignore your own hidden rolls? Are you seriously THAT autistic that you need to infect every thread with this nonsense and reply to literally everybody with your stupid fucking /v/-tier LOL SHILL STUPID FUCKING DICE tier tactics. Off yourself my dude, I have never been this mad at a poster on Veeky Forums. Your existence makes this board worse for it. Please, for the sake of everyone living, consider suicide.

Don't give the trolls (you)s.

Why most threads in Veeky Forums end like this?

Because people here are autistic retards who hate everything and everyone.

I was starting to suspect it. An annoying portion of the people here at least.

I think if I got around to doing it I would just buy and extra copy of the book, cut it clean at the binding and put in the stack of pages into a copier/scanner to let it run through it then when its done flip it to the other side and cry in pain as I have to interchange 300 pages 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2. That would probably be the simplest way to do it but it would require the ruining of a book. It would also be a lot faster and more efficient than taking pictures with your phone or even putting it into a scanner page by page

That's where you're wrong, though. Veeky Forums is easily the easiest going board. It takes a lot to rile up regulars around here. Unless they're hfy fags, then it's remarkably easy t oget them going.

I'm not one of the faggots that come in here to troll, but have you guys considered that maybe you're a target for "SHILL" and shitposters because you literally have nothing to discuss? Why have you guys been trying to make a consistent general weeks before ANY actual content has been released?

>trying
Come now! We are only being held back by the philosophy of hidden rolls and Cucky Reddit not dumping PDFs

Don't worry, the reddit mod is ACTUALLY an unpaid shill who doesn't want pdfs because he's trying to suck FFG dick for some reason.

KEK
Same guy in on the discord. No posting PDFs. Fan settings are cool but not payed material.

Thank gods for Pastebins and anonymous image boards am I right?

Pretty much. I have no idea why, it's not like FFG is going to fucking send their personal ninjas to find him. Who the fuck cares what happens in a discord?

I have a feeling he's gunning on being some sort of shitty unpaid (or low paid) community manager. Either that or he just likes riding their dick a bit.

No matter, once the PDF exists it'll be distributed here and elsewhere.

From a Reddit poster who got the book early:

"The talents are broken into tiers, and you buy new talents with XP. (5 XP for a Tier 1 talent, 25 XP for a Tier 5 talent)."

"When you are buying talents for your character, you must follow one simple rule. After buying the new talent, your character must have more talents in the next lowest tier."

"Some talents can be taken multiple times. Each time you take a talent, it takes up the next tier. Eg. the Grit talent is tier one. The second time you purchase it, it is effectively a tier 2 talent. Then a tier 3 etc"

Talent trees are dead, it's freeform, following a structure similar to Fate's skill pyramid. I think I like it.

Looks like careers just determine your career skills, and I guess some special abilities maybe?

I thought they did an AP at PAX Unplugged this year. I got it queued up on YouTube.

and isn't FFG pretty much unavoidable in all FLGSs? can't walk into any store without being skullfucked by their displays.

Not a paid shill, but I just want to tell you anons I really enjoy reading the leaked pdf. Sadly it's phone camera and incomplete. Regardless, I like what I see so far.

Got a link?

I'm probably gonna wait for a proper PDF release but I wouldn't mind browsing.

Got it in private and can't risk my friend's job.

Fair enough. I'm sure one will pop up in the next few days.

How is this not paid shill? Don't fall into this trap.

Are we so jaded that anyone saying they enjoy a product has to be a shill?

Why are reddit cucks and moron afraid of posting stuff online? Big daddy FFG will ask /b/ to track them from the noise in phone pictures? Or do they think that all the books are fucking one of a kind and every one of them is marked to fuck over any potential leaker?
Post this shit already, we should have gotten at least the ToC a week ago.
They are just shills.

> Are we so jaded that anyone saying they enjoy a product has to be a shill?
Anyone who is paid to post "looksie, I have this cool stuff, but can't share" is a fucking shill.
They couldn't even come up with different reddit threads names. "The joys of bending over for FFG".

I think it's likely that people are just paranoid and don't really think appeasing a bunch of anonymous shitposters justifies even a slight risk to their livelihood.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY A COPY AND CUT IT TO SCAN THEN POORFAG FFS

BECAUSE I LIVE IN FUCKING FINLAND AND I WILL BE LUCKY IF IT GETS HERE ON 30TH, FUCK YOU.

Woah, after a post like this even if I intended to link the pdf I would not. Folks like you simply do not deserve it.

Yeah, like your daddy FFG would allow you to do it, fucking shill.

Bark as much as you want. You're not getting anything.

Just share it lad. Don't let shillposters drag the thread down. /v/ migrants truly are the worst.

And what would I get in return? More of this toxic crap? No thank you.

What a bitch...

Christ dude, either post it or don't. We haven't had it for the last 2 weeks and in 3 days we'll have the whole fucking thing. You don't look like a noble and honorable bastion of loyalty when you bitch, take your ball, and go home cause one of the kids was mean to you. Either you have the book and your goal was to incite angry jealousy so you could have the justification to play a petty denial game, or you don't have the book and you're peacocking and needed a reason not to share it so you wouldn't be found lying. Either way your motivations are tedious.

It's 21st century already. Why do people still cling to the antiquated idea that systems are only suggestions for GMs?

So confused.

>warning! anonymous reputation at stake!