Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Great fuckin releases, edition.

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, we got plastic Si- gangers.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>reposting
are broadsides good?
I could get a single broadside for my jump from 750pt to 1k, is that just too stupid to work?
whats the advantages/disadvantages of the different weapons on broadsides?
missile drones, yay or nay?
what's broadsides base-size, and how do they look as a long range support system?
apologies for all the questions and thank you to whoever answers them.

also first for dissappointing open day.

>No CA imgur link
>Not even remotely altered to be 40k image
The fuck, man?

Are there any DEMONS that don't have the CHAOS keyword?

I'm looking at the Quarry ability. Malleus gets rerolls vs CHAOS units and DEMON units, but Hereticus gets rerolls vs PSYKER units and CHAOS units, so unless there are non-CHAOS DEMONS, Hereticus is strictly better, right?

a big fuck you to every sisters player who told me "just field repressors lol"

fuck you and fuck your FW garbage!

The Avatar of Khaine is a Demon and most certainly doesn't have the Chaos keyword

daemonhosts

...so the only situation in which Ordo Mallus is better than Ordo Hereticus is one where it's worse than Ordo Xenos.

Amazing

Is that the one with the missile organ?

Does GW understand what open days are for?

People fucking paid to go to that shit to look at rhino doors. Think about that.

As far as I know, only the Deamonhost is a non-Chaos Daemon.
There could be a few more.

CA Imgur link here: imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>open day
>pay to go

Well, of course. What I mean is there's basically going to be no situation where it's not worth the 1CP to include it in a list after taking another relic anyway. Just slot it into literally every single Tau list with more than one Character, because it's free CP.

Open Day is closed.
>Reparation Protocols

Tau should be decent.

Do these guys look good for Iron Warriors Cultists?

No, that's the exorcist, which is down to its classic 135pts again. The Repressor was he hilariously undercosted FW model with 6 firing points.

They pay to look at FW rhino doors.

Go fuck yourselves, and at this rate, take the IG fags with you. You're both insufferable cunts.

Only when Tau player will be also decent. Which means never.

???

yeah except for their stupid moustaches.

maybe paint some grey skulls onto their faces like tattoos.

They'll be bigger than your Marines

How was the swarmlord at octarius during the blood crusade when it was also at Baal for 70 years?

Yeah, I'm definitely getting them because they look slightly more organized professional over the normal cultist mob. Although I'm not sure is they are obsolete compared to Tzaangors for me.

gee i wonder

They're a disappointment to everyone who checked the site today and look suitably retarded.

Yes.

One thing I love is that I'd expect IW cultists to look like this. Like, they are literal fucking slaves who mine and work thier lives away, so I imagine they'd be rough and muscled looking with mining equipment and shit. I'll just swap a few heads here and there for more chaos or evil lookin ones.

Really? What size are they?

> bloodgors

get hyped lads.

Are Codex Approved's changes optional? I don't have to buy the book after all. If they really wanted the adjustments set in stone, they'd update them with erattas.

Becuse the swarmlord isnt unique anymore. Hes just the apex of what a hive fleet can shit out.

There's more than one, swarmlord is just a special breed of hive tyrant

not him but the goliaths are as tall as normal marines, and the escher are almst as tall because of their stupid high heels.

Orlocks should be fine though.

Swarmlord is just a response unit when things cant be solved with pure force alone. He is intrinsic to the hicemind as a whole, not one single entity. Birthed with the knowledge and experience of all his past iterations to fight, scheme, lead, learn, and die to be reborn again somewhere else with that new knowledge.

Read the codex.

Chapter Approved IS an errata. It's as official as you can get.

>kharn- legend
>Grot hordes- lotz

get 1 set GSC cultists, 1 set Orlocks.

mix and match and you'll have a bunch of good looking miner cultists.

>Like, they are literal fucking slaves who mine and work thier lives away, so I imagine they'd be rough and muscled looking with mining equipment and shit.
lol this fag

Enjoy your rough, muscled, biker groupies, homo.

They are perfect. Just need some more evil looking heads.

It's optional if your opponent agrees it is.

Good. The notion that swarmlord was unique was fucking stupid.

Eratta you have to pay for would be pretty suss. A person can grab the FAQs for free to prove a point, but he's not going to cough up $50 to do so.
I'm not a Guard player, but if GW is deadset on 4 point Conscripts then they can pop it in a PDF.

IG players have gone full nuclear at my FLGS. one claims he will only play PL now because Conscripts were so needlessly nerfed.
Get wrecked, Waacfag

Can we stop the CA from coming?

>1 warlord trait that doesn't work, 2 that are "alright" but not worth taking over +1 attack
>shitty pistol relic, pistol relics being the Universal worst relic type
>Deepstrike Stratagem for infantry in an army that lives in transports
>Nerf 1 of our 2 Forgeworld models by 50pts
>Points decreases for character models that cost £10 each, best run in 4s and don't make a meaningful impact on the game

Please help me stop it.

this is what you signed up for when you decided to play 8th edition

Consider: The points pages in chapter approved are so minimal they should have been released as a FAQ, and the rest of the book is useless filler.

You're god damned right I will.

t. non-index player

GW said that CA will be a bi-annual release to function as an errata, so yes it is official.
That being said; a lot of the info in CA is additional content like missions, ladder tourneys and campaigns.
>Expect to see the official errata in a PDF after the release of the book.

This repeating digits speak the truth.
yet I know, deep in my heart, that we will just use the pirated pdf.

Should have expected they'd do poorly in trying to provide stuff for a dozen armies.

Cool, that's fine as long as they make the changes freely accessible. There's paying for a new Codex and then there's paying for a patch.

Nnnnope, I play 8 armies. Plenty of my shit is still in indices, and CA isn't worth it's value as toilet paper to me because it's 8 pages of points, quite a bit copy and pasted marine points across subfactions.

They are stupidly expensive, and really dont deliver thanks to BS 4+, even with missiles

True, paying for erratas would be dumb. But the CA does have a lot of quality content like the campaigns that I look forward to try.

Don't. Those lists also mention Pestigors and guess what the Death Guard DIDN'T get.

Ferrus Manus

thanks

>Everyone shits on Age of Sigmar
>while not paying attention to it and seeing that Age of Sigmar is where they do trial runs for 40k

CA is a thing because generals handbook was a success.

No. They're official changes.

>Should have known

There's no excuse for the following;

Nerfing a hardly used Forgeworld model 50 points when robot girlyfuck only went up 25 and the stormraven only went up 20pts.
Making a warlord trait that doesn't work until turn 3 because of their stupid mechanics.
Not reducing the cost of units that are not being taken at all (Reavers) but going for the cash grab on failcast characters for £10 each that promote taking an inferior HQ choice.

It's like the CA was written by the sales team who are in direct competition with Forgeworld for a Christmas Bonus

Yep. And as someone who plays both, I welcome them doing the same to 40k now. Just don't say that too loudly or people will hate on CA for the AoS connection.

General's handbook was a sucess because it was to all intents and purposes 2nd edition AoS. It took the 4 pages of crap Kirby shat out in his hubris, and stapled the bare minimum extra on to make it a quasi-functional pickup game.

And then just like chapter approved, most of the book is shit 99% of the player base will never use.

I unironically like Sigmarine.

Broadsides are currently woefully overcosted. If they were 150pts they'd be in a good place, but there's little reason to take one over a Hammerhead (doubly so if you run Longstrike). Unfortunately, even Hammerheads are near useless; I'd recommend 4x Fusion Rifle Commanders or Ghostkeels instead.

To be fair, the pistol could be a lot worse, especially on a character that wants to get into melee. The real problem is the utter incompetence of the succubus as a whole. The archite glaive was never an unweildly weapon, yet still got -1 hit in 8th because reasons. Before, it was no big deal, not really, but now it's actually breaking her rules. If I want to make the best use our or her WL trait, I need to take an Agonizer or Impailer, but that means I can't take a blast pistol or the relic pistol. If I take a pistol, I can't use my WL trait until turn 3 at a lesser value.

>the stormraven only went up 20pts.

Considering the changes to hurricane Bolters and assault cannons, it went up a fair bit in practice.

Oh, also the Deepstrike is legit if only for Hellions or even blobs of cheap kabalites. I'm sad that its a copy paste and we don't have our bubble back from 5th.

I like them for the same reason as I like actual Marines: They're bland as fuck, letting you bling them out in whatever way you like.

I like Skydorfs.

>Malanthrope gets bumped to 140, but still worth using over Venomthropes
>Barbed Hierodule gets a 2 point increase
>Hierophant is now 2060
Why? Why did this happen? Why make the Hierophant more expensive? Why give our not even worth it KEQ a small price increase instead of a drop? Neither of these impact the meta at all. If it weren't for Celestine being intact for Sisters players still, I'd be so goddamn angry right now.

What did he want their daughters for?

>tfw kind of want Tau, see Tau battle force bundle, but currently working on Admech.

So, why the fuck did the Fire Raptor go down in price?

To make his own marines.

Wholesome family time

The only problem I have with them is that they refuse to release fuck all for any other faction of AoS and it's just SIGMARINE SIGMARINE SIGMARINE. Even facebook normies are sick of it.

Never ending tea parties

Do you really want to know the answer to that question?

>4 fusion commander
I stay as far away from commander spam as I can, since its just cancerous, but ill look into the ghostkeel, thanks

>6 boltstorm aggressors using the IF stratagem w/ chapter master buff have 125 bolter hits for 222 points
>that alone can strip 14 wounds off Magnus, or kill any T7/3+ tank in the game, or pop off 56 conscripts
Holy shit guys

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. They are the drugs.

Preaching to the Choir, as it stands I'm going to take a Haemonculus with Scissorhand/Electro Whip and Relic with the Hatred Warlord Trait for mass killing and an Archon with Blaster for 4 Sslyth. The 52 points I save from the Sslyth will make up the nerf to the Tantalus cost if I want to take it for the Archon and Sslyth then put 2×5 Trueborn/Kabalites in. But Yeah, ignore succubus and her trait.

As for the Webway Strat it looks like I'm gonna use 3CP on 10 Grotesque and the Warlord to get stuck in on turn 2.

So did CA jist change the entire meta? Or was my friend talking shit?

>there's only one meta

Hey i just want to play the game user.
I am suprised that you got to meet all the tau players in the world and that they were all the same.
Last thread some guy was getting really butthurt that tau players actually want to be able to have a decent army. citing that tau players who are actually decent people are incredibly rare and that the majority of Guard players weren't actually conscripts spammers.

How much are the hurricane bolters gone up?

Buy the new models user

Only overreactive spergs insist a point here and there is going to spin shit around

I like skydorfs, lizards, and skaven, and want all three converted to the greater good.

has the Battlescribe been updated yet?

I wonder why anyone would be butthurt about Tau?

Hmmmmmmmmm

I already have

Aren’t the tau already allied with two of those?

Also, does the lack of change for the GSC mean new codex soon?

No meta shift. You might see extra or missing wargear, but that's it.

It won't til the CA is officially released otherwise the rules would be "wrong"

They look 100x better than the starting set dudes.

It seems Commander Indrick Boreale had "such an inspiring voice."