/HHG/ - Horus Heresy General

Laughs at Wolves Edition

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA
youtube.com/watch?v=L605Hl_j8xw
amazon.co.uk/Betrayer-Horus-Heresy-Aaron-Dembski-Bowden/dp/1849704961
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best Primarch

When will Russ get tired of the knock-out game?

Space wolves:
youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

Never. See above.

Never. Russ is the beta virgin pretending to be the Chad that always get BTFO by his superiors.

When he gets knocked out.

I don't know, you tell me.

Dark Angels, Ho!

Trips don't lie.

Do the Primaris Dreadnoughts share any advanced components with the Deredeo, Contemptor or Leviathan dreadnoughts?

Also, which legion would have the biggest Dreadnought pool?

Iron Hands, Iron Warriors or Salamaders?

And do Great Crusade and Heresy era Dreadnought commanders lead only other Dreadnoughts into battle or would they lead other units such as their brethren Astartes and Imperial Army units into battle as well?

>Do the Primaris Dreadnoughts share any advanced components with the Deredeo, Contemptor or Leviathan dreadnoughts?
Well they look about as stupid as Deredeos, does that count?

youtube.com/watch?v=L605Hl_j8xw

Rogal Dorn is done, model might come out soon!.

I hope he'll get a moustache.

Probably a beard, a power hook to replace his missing hand, a Kroot bird on his shoulder, and a captain's hat as well.

I hope his sidearm gets changed. A salvo bolter on a charging character is dumb, I'd rather him have a fucking power dagger

The Emperor is a gay, faggoty retard and there's nothing you dweebs can do about it.

QUICK THE MODS ARE ASLEEP POST primarchs

Dorn, I'll break your minis

Anyone know where to find the full Tallarn compilation audiobook?

What company/mini is this?

I think it's an old conversion. Seen it before.

Ah damn, just want my boy to get a model. Was thinking of getting another companies for when Angelus comes out.

Any news on Titanicus from Open Day?

I feel like with helmets and the shitty pelts shaved off these could look pretty fucking savage. I'm ready to get all vikingr now.

Go away forgeworld no-one likes your shitty SW sculpts.

I do.

I like how I criticize the sculpts and you complain about non-existent shilling

You know, I really liked Betrayer, but the writing itself was pretty bad at times; yes ADB, I get it, Angron is fucked up, no need to tell me how broken he is every time he appears. It's like he had no other ways to describe him or let us see for ourselves how he is...except that we can see it quite clearly from the things Angron does. Fucking hell, ADB.

that being said I can't excuse this. The paintjob just seems lazy.

Oh my god, Eldrad is killing the perpetuals. He is going after them all.

Fuck you, Eldrad. They are my favorite part of the lore.

Based FW, making shitty sculpts for shitty legion

For those who have read or are reading Old Earth would tou mind explaining how Vulcan and his sons get into the webway?

This shit is supposed to be hard otherwise what the fuck was the point of the webway project?

I'm only ~60 pages in, but so far Vulkan has gone on an acid trip and started talking to Mt. Deathfire, who tells him that a special amulet he forged while off his head after having just been resurrected is actually a key to enter a Webay portal beneath the mountain or something.

Other Anons feel free to correct me, I mainly cared about Iron Hands stuff in the book.

>Russ gets a new spear
>it has a huge wolf on it
I thought you guys told me that the SWolves weren’t obnoxious yiffers in 30k

There is a hidden Webway portal that the Dark Eldar used to get to Vulkan's planet and raid.

>Mt. Deathfire

That's Eldrad in disguise

Oh thats actually neat and ties into the old lore.

The amulet thing this user mentions sounds retarded but ok that not that bad by BL.

So the Cabal plan is erroneous . Chaos cannot be defeated by having mankind destroyed. It's too powerful and ancient for that. Chaos needs to be fought.

>‘It is good to see you, Rogal.’

>Dorn nodded, ever reserved. He sheathed his sword and at this signal from their primarch, Vulkan heard the sound of twenty Imperial Fists disengaging and powering down their weapons.

>‘You look older, brother,’ said Vulkan.

>‘And you are no different from the day we met,’ Dorn answered coolly. ‘I heard you had died.’ His annoyance at being called away from his numerous duties and responsibilities faded, though Vulkan could see the burden still weighed heavily.

>‘I have longed to see my brothers again… The ones not trying to kill me.’

>Dorn’s jaw stiffened at the remark, suggesting some unspoken pain or regret. Vulkan did not press him. Some truths were best left unsaid.

>‘I would embrace you,’ Vulkan confessed, ‘but that was never your way, was it, Rogal?’

>Dorn laughed gruffly. ‘Abstention is a wise decision.’

>Vulkan embraced him firmly anyway and felt his affection for his brother returned, albeit awkwardly.

Daaaaaaaaa'w!

at first I thought these were edge lords

Really?

Did they fuck?

Eldrad just ended the Cabal

And now BL is openly taking inspiration from TTS

>And now BL is openly taking inspiration from TTS
And "If the Emperor had a text-to-speech device" because Vulcan in that is also very big on hugs (bear hugs, but still...).

That's what I meant, guess I should've written the full name to avoid confusion

I was not able to read the damn book, because no one sells that in my country, but let me defend adb on this

perhaps he wanted to show angron's brain degenerating more and more since it's about to turn into mush? By showing his actions?

Alright fa/tg/uys, lets start:
Which legion is the best legion iyo? for fluff and crunch?

12th Legion for life, smurffuckers

I hope we get Marius rules one day. He would fit well in a Third Company Elite list.

>Which legion is the best legion iyo?
Thousand Sons

>for fluff
-space wizards
-cool Egyptian aesthetic
-tragic backstory
-nice colour scheme

>and crunch
Magnus with D Novas and GOTCK for underpriced 3++ sekhmets (who choose their powers)
How can other legions even compete?

>Fluff
Dark Angels are literally #1.

>Crunch
Thousand Sons have the most potential to be broken, however I've been running mine on a fairly even level with other people. Just takes a bit of restraint. Overall it's possibly Night Lords, though World Eaters and to a lesser extent Space Wolves and Bangels have solid potential too.

Raven Guard

> fluff
Brutal edgemaster origin story
Tragic edgemaster closing story
Own a private forge world
Reasonable good alignment
Operators equipment
Humane but not to the point of inefficient

> crunch
Power comes from knowing your army and your opponents, and deploying to counter
Reliant on brains rather than power
Can build lists that no other Legion except alpha can emulate
Speed and deployment > bullshit op gimmicks
Most fun Primarch
Alvarex Maun

Iron Warriors
>fluff
Pic related.
>crunch
I R O N F I R E.

Help guys, I picked up Fulgrim and Eidolon because they look cool and now I'm tempted to do an EC force, preferably suited to both heresy-era and 40k play.

I've currently just got a handful of MK III armoured dudes (not enough for a 10-man squad), a Contemptor and the aforementioned dudes.
What would be useful (and fluffy for EC) to build onto that with?

Also, the current rules situation seems a bit vague.
Would it be most practical to wait for the new "proper" HH rulebook to get started or is there a pretty straightforward set of rulebooks I can read through?

This user gets it.

>best legion fluff
Sons of Horus. Literally best legion and awesome gangster motif with a badass primarch.

>best legion crunch
Sons of Horus. Varied playstyles and a diverse legion with a focus on lightining strikes. Horus is an incredible force multiplier while clawing down any opponent.

Best Primarch coming through.

Get these first:

THE HORUS HERESY - LEGIONES ASTARTES: AGE OF DARKNESS ARMY LIST
>Generic legion rules.

THE HORUS HERESY LEGIONES ASTARTES: AGE OF DARKNESS LEGIONS
>Rules for most of the released legions, including the EC.

You'll need the 7ed rules of 40k as well, but a 30k 7ed rulebook is just around the corner. The release has been delayed, we don't know for how long.

Gangster motif? never really saw that on them...

Ah, still pretty straightforward then.
Thanks.

Kinda unsure about what to get for minis.
Calth seems good value, but I kinda like the look of MK III armour better.

Then again, having a mix of armour types in my force might also be nice.

>fluff
Salamanders
Proud and noble
Go out of their way to minimize civilians casualties
Would've kept their jobs once the crusade ended
Most loyal : they took the worst missions alongside the iron warrior, but never bitched about it
>crunch
Thousand sons with very specific build, otherwise iron warrior because ironfire and phosphex spam is the death of marines

He wasn't the best primarch, but he was the most tragic one.

Despite being a raging fucktard he is the most badass primarch imo

He used portal on Nocturne witch lead to Commorragh(Mandrakes realm to be precise), then he fought Mandrakes king(4armed guy from DE codex) and open himself an exit portal. Then he travelled on some world called Caldera or something like that and Eldar exodite was waiting for him to open a portal leading to Emps webway.

Master of Mankind?

I'd get some assault marines and Palatine Blades with jump packs. Eidolon need someone to hang out with, if you give him a jump pack.
EC are best on the charge, jump packs gives you a higher charge and threat range.
You can use the jump pack dudes as chaos raptors in 40k.

Do you like the FW noise marines? You could get some of those maybe. They can be used in 40k as well I guess. I'm not completely up to date with the EC 40k stuff.

Mixing armour is fine. All the legions used pretty much all of the armour marks. But I think the EC only used Mk III for special units like Breachers, and preferred mk IV. But do what you want, it's your dudes.

Calth is a good value set regardless, as is the Prospero box. You could sell the Custodes and Sisters, if you don't want them.

No, Emperor's text-to-speech device is what I meant

People keep reading "gangs" as mafia for some reason when its alot closer to barbarian tribes or the predator. Soh are all about showing how cool they are and wearing their skill on their armour. Golden skulls on chains to showcase how badass the people theyve killed are. Boastful tatoos in cthonian and other trophies taken on the field.

Welcome to the third legion.

ah, now it makes sense.

This.

I really like how they take the skull of worthy foes and puts them in gold, and keeps it as a throphy. Kill markings also.

You just know SoH leaders are badass.Because they're all about might makes right, as well as cunning imo. Really brutal legion.

Nice reposing.

Did someone say....
>Brutal Legion?

This. I've always seen soh as a combination of BA NL and WE

That makes sense.

amazon.co.uk/Betrayer-Horus-Heresy-Aaron-Dembski-Bowden/dp/1849704961

You are doing the emperor's work son

Yea that's my point m8, he shows how Angron is degenerating through his actions; that's what you're supposed to do. But just in case we didn't get the point, he beats us over the head with "Angron was a broken primarch" in basically as many words, over and over again.

Dillon! You sonofabitch!

Wow that is really cute

Its in the mega aswell. No. 24 in Horus Heresy folder.

Spear is a gift from the Emperor. And Russ hate that thing.

>Tfw no one hugged Perty

Scibor, Hitech, and Kabuki all have (or had; they might have quit since FW started) Lion minis of various qualities.

>Huge guts! Scream and fuck!

The one thing Russ and Magnus agree on. Ragnar liked it though.

Ragnar didn't know whole story behind the spear.

So? Magnus didn't need the whole story to form an opinion.

To be be fair, his opinion was limited to "ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH IT'S MY FUCKING EYE ARRRRRGGGGHHH!'

Agree.

>Oh my god, Eldrad is killing the perpetuals.

"We have warriors from a thousand different races who have lived a thousand lifetimes, who have acted to subtly influence the fate of the galaxy for millennia. What do you have?"

"I have a codex entry."

Daily reminder that bolters are the inferior weapon choice, and the martians were all assholes for not producing more volkite weaponry the legions and the Imperium as a whole.

And to any of you cogboy apologists out there:
01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00101110 00100000 01000111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101010 01101111 01100010 01110011 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01101101 01100001 01110011 01110100 01110101 01110010 01100010 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00101110

Still butthurt about us outnumbering you with robots you can barely hurt anyway? Volkite is by far the superior weapon, which is why we didn't give it to you idiots who apparently don't know how to maintain a simple death laser.

>Still butthurt about us outnumbering you with robots you can barely hurt anyway?
You could have infinite robots and you still wouldnt be able to beat marines without marine help. Remember when 9000 marines managed to cripple one of the most heavily fortified and bellicose Forgeworlds so badly that it sat out the rest of the Heresy and only were repelled by the intervention of Salamander allies?

Volkite is Terran weaponry though.

Giving Cataphractii anything other than AP2 close combat weapons feels like a waste of their invulnerable save, particularly when they can't sweeping advance big squads of regular marines. Thoughts?

Well, it clearly wasn't "well fortified and bellicose" in anything but reputation, because it had basically zero defenders or fleet and was a single city. Xana happily ripped apart a few thousand Marines even when being surprised and suffering from a minor technozombie apocalypse and Dark Age of Tech surprise attack. Mars was in the middle of a civil war and still forced the Imperial Fists to retreat after what, three hours?

Since there are like half a dozen folks with it in this thread, any chance for a Old Earth link?