Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Next Codexes pretty much confirmed

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, we got plastic Si- gangers.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=3J7B3r1ZDvA [Open]

>Chapter Approved Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=2070689437 14183059&Nr=AND(sku.siteId:US_gw,product.locale:en_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()/record[product.startDate <= 1511617020000 and product.endDate >= 1511617020000]
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gue'Vesa rules when?

Second for not your waifu

Kreiiiiiigers!

>Space marines at this points is probably just power armor squigs.

Sisters players make Tau players look good.

First for the endless hunger

Quit triggering the manchild from last thread

8th for khorne

>tfw we will reap all life like in ye olden days

Coming in the SoB-focused IA.

You disappointed us, user.

Nth for Tau haters are more obnoxious than actual Taufags at this point.

Stop provoking that sperg

nth+x for Tau hater haters are more obnoxious that actual tau haters at this point.

Do the Sisters of Battle ever believe in conscription? I figure they wouldn't, given there is no shortage or war orphans and what not in the Imperium.

I notice there are few branches of the Imperium where you always have the choice of refusing a call to arms.

Like if they want some rich governor's daughter or some peasant in a Hive somewhere to join the Order or something, is she going to be able to refuse?

Hey that wasn't me this time.

>uses meme as a generic adjective
>expects other people to instinctively know what their homo erectus brain thinks it means
>can't even explain it
>calls others a dumb cunt
consider suicide.

What the fuck is this stupid meme video, fuck you for replacing our holy and most wonderful Duncan.

Daily reminder that if you feel your army is neglected by GW, atleast youre not firebellies.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=2070689437 14183059&Nr=AND(sku.siteId:US_gw,product.locale:en_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()/record[product.startDate <= 1511617020000 and product.endDate >= 1511617020000]

>can't intuit what meme means
wrong site for you

Nah, fuck him. People who wind themselves up and REFUSE to have fun once they hear a faction are the worst cancers in the fanbase.

Looking to wade into 40k TTG for the first time. I favor being hard to kill, so Necrons sound like my jam. However, I’m hearing the Space Marines are well-rounded, and that sounds more useful to a newbie (I’d probably make them Blood Angels [spoilers]or Bloody Magpies, if able[/spoilers] ).

What does Veeky Forums recommend?

I think they can promised before birth but the Dark Heresy 1e claimed that it was voluntary. If you weren't doing so well in sister school, you could drop out. They don't want to force loosers to join them. They want winners to WANT to serve the Emperor.

As much as I like ogres, but...wrong thread?

I'm not saying I agree with him. I just don't to read his 20 posts of sperging.

Damn, is it ‘spoilers’ or ‘spoiler’? I keep forgetting.

Go for Death Guard, user.

No, Sisters of Battle are from the Schola Progenium, like the Commisariat and Tempestus Scions. They’re orphans of IG and Nobles who are raised there and depending on their skills, faith, and gender, they are then sent to one of the three branches. So an exceptionally faithful female orphan in a Schola Progenium would be sent to the sororitas after reaching a certain age.

Hive fleet behemoth

Spearhead detachment
-HQ-
OOE - 200pts
-Heavy-
3x Carnifex,Talons, Crab Claws, Spore cysts, Adrenal glands, Bone mace, tusks - 354 pts

Spearhead detachment
-Hq-
Neurothrope, Norncrown - 70pts
-Heavy-
3x Carnifex,Talons, Crab Claws, Spore cysts, Adrenal glands, Bone mace, tusks - 354 pts

978pts

The question here is not whether or not I will win, but will I have fun

>tfw a force of attrition

SoB are Faith based. Can't really have faithful servants with gangpress.

>hard to kill
Death Guard or Necrons sound right.

spoiler, no caps.

>want to get a Hellbrute for Death Guard
>Blight Hauler is much tougher, faster and has a similar loadout

Whyyyy

Idk, people usually like it when I pull out my sisters. Can't say I've ever seen anyone excited to see a tau army.

>skills, faith, and gender

That is WAY too much trust in the competence of the Imperium to do anything right. You know damn well they do something grimderp instead, like drop a frag grenade in the dorm and decide who goes where based on level of injury.

Based Chinaman

I wonder if seeing a Penitent Engine or Sister Repentia ever made some recruits have second thoughts.

Or seeing images of what the various enemies of the Imperium look like.

definitely not Necrons at the moment. they're trash. Maybe after the codex user

Can we all sit back and appriciate that the crons got a better damage reduction than Nids?
I mean, one of them is a 14W T7 monster, but that's unfair right?
>muh theoretical vacuum reigns supreme
>all games are constant averages and nothing else.

Both of those armies are cool.
Don't know much about how Necrons fare, but marines are definitely easy to make work in multiple configurations. Blood Ravens don't *have* to be Blood Angels, but more of the decoration on the models is more likely to be able to be converted (maybe not best for an absolute beginner, but if you familiarise yourself with what is a BA symbol and what works for generic blood ravens, it should be easy enough to learn what to scrape off and how to do it), and the good thing about being a chapter without a primarch is you can make them work in either codex if you wish.

ctrl + s

>On a mongolian fishing basket usenet group
>Talking about plastic army men
>Complaining about not understanding memes

Lurk Moar.

Pic related.

If I was playing against a Tau player and they had a detachment of modeled and painted Gue'Vesa I would absolutely play against it as long as they weren't doing cheesy waacfag shit.

You guys need all the help you can get m8.

The nid one is pretty good on a tyrant. 4++ and 5+++ as well as -1dmg is alright.
I bet yours will be just as neat.

I always loved this pic because they have looks of sheer Distain. It's perfect.
>sister in the back with a double battled grenade launcher
I don't know that I've wanted anything more than that for my army in a long time.

This is the type of people that are sharing the /40kg/ with you

can someone enlighten me about waacfags?

>all games are constant averages and nothing else.

For accurate costing yeah pretty much.
If you don't want balance stick to Power Level.

Much less salt, and for it's only about 10% off in point values. Which is far better than actual, point-based, balance issues.

I mean if i could bring an army of Fire Warriors that were backed up by Kroot and Gue'vesa that was also lead by a Cadre Fireblade and an Ethereal. I totally fucking would. Maybe a couple Stealth Suits for anti-tank but thats about it.

A weapon to surpass metal gear?

>tfw just want a nice simple Chaos army with predators, chaos space marines and classic vanilla stuff

I'm tired of the gizmos and doohickeys and tricks and ticks and so on.

Damn. That was uplifting to read.
I hope your dudes get more love than they need.
>t. great person

Mont'ka warlord Coldstar can move 40 inches a turn at no shooting penalty whatsoever. Shield gen and ATS makes him pretty baller. Just the weapons kinda suck ass.

I am more annoyed by the fact taht those guardsman have black templar insignia

Blood Angels are getting a codex update soon, you might want to wait and see before you purchase.

Blood Ravens are a solid chapter choice right now because of their (((unknown primogenitor))) they can use anyone's Chapter Tactics depending on the playstyle of the list. Gabriel Angelos is a versatile melee fighter(can choose between power and sweep attack with his thunder hammer, and moves 6 + uses grenades in terminator armor) and gets the Chapter Master re-roll bubble straight-up rather than command points, so he is a decent special character. If you go Salamanders his hammer is strength 10(or 7 if sweeping).

Also relevant to Blood Ravens is Librarians(and their force weapons) getting a serious price drop in Chapter Approved. If you spam Librarians to be a true Blood Ravens list you get to use the Empyric Channeling stratagem for some good Null Zones.

Fucking Cawl hacked the printers.

WAAC = Win at all Cost.

It can either mean two things :

>Actual Cunt that try to win at all cost in a friendly game

>Actual Cunt that complain that their opponent brought a non retarded inefficient list and hence calling them WAAC.

>hive tyrant running arounf with 12 wounds, -2 to hit with ranegd weapons, t7, 3+, 4++ and a 5+ FnP
I'm not so sure...

I really feel like my Nids are super overpowered, I've played 5 games with them now the codex is out and I won all 5 really easily.
It's making me feel guilty about it.

WAACfag is Win At Any Cost-fag. People who are willing to take whatever cheesy OP build is strongest at the moment, bend the rules, complain endlessly and outright cheat to win. Of course, the term gets extended often to everything from "playing optimally" to "beat me", so YMMV.

>/40kg/
>contains GW shills

Well duh...

Did his war gear change price?

another variation of That Guy, then?

(including wargear)

Or Longstrike for zooming tank

Right, my mistake.

You don't need half that shit.

WAACfag is anti-fun practices in order to win. This is both at list level (SPAM SPAM SPAM) but especially player behavior level Lawyering up about rules, exploiting loopholes, etc...

There is a simple explanation
3rd/4th edition.
Neophytes for Black Templars were basically extra wounds.
Having 10 Scout cost way too much.
A box of 20 Guardsmen? Was cheaper than trying to buy 5 metal Scouts. So Guardamen worked as Meat Shields for my BT.

What I don't like is Kauyon in general. It's my favourite tactic as it's very stealthy and sniper-like but it practically sucks. This also makes Shadowsun kinda suck too.

>2 Short range anti-tank guns
>Has ability that benefits deployment zone gunlines

What the fuck, man. And all good HQs are BS2+ anyway so with one markerlight you negate kauyon's usefulness entirely.

>They lowered the cost of Twin Autocannons but only included it in the FW listing and not for SM because rifle dreads are index only.
reeee how lazy can you get

>-2 to hit with ranegd weapons
But that means you need to have a Venomthrope unit babysitting it and no wings.

Is that really optimal for a Kraken tyrant?

You will regret not buying them later, seriously. They arent that expensive materials at all.

You will just say, geez it would have been better if i had this. And you will go to your local home depot burning gas and buying overpriced stuff rather than waiting for your shit to arrive by post.
So i n the long run you will be sorry for not buying those.

A true WAACfag is That Guy. But just as often (if not more) the one crying out for WAACfaggotry is That Guy himself because the other player actually have a chance to not lose against his Fun and Fluffy conscript spam.

You could at least have replaced the lasguns with weapons Scouts can actually take...

Manchildren who have way too much disposable income that only play the game to win because they can't into any other game with better balance since losing hurts their crippled ego. To them, losing is an attack on their person, and since they don't actually enjoy the game, if they can actually feel joy at all, they constantly try to break the game and abuse shitty rules to win a game that should never be played at a competitive level.

Starting ad mech.

I'm under the impression that Rangers are to be fielded in sniper squads, and given that there is only one of those weapons per Ranger/Vanguard box, I'm assuming it's best to build them half and half? 5 vanguards which can be rolled into whatever unit sizes I want, and 5 rangers for maximum sniping coverage.

Fluffy chapter serf.

Oh shit nigger, you're an Imperial Fist and you see an ocean of low toughness infantry coming at you!
Now is the time to use your "Extra hit roll for every to hit roll of 6 from a bolt weapon" stratagem.
Do you
A) Take 6 Aggressors to get 72 S4 AP- bolter shots at 18" range for 324 points

Or

B) 6 Devastator Centurions for 36 S4 AP- at 24" and 36 S5 AP-1 shots at 36" (72 S4 shots at 12" range) for 624 points

How many of the same unit does it take before it becomes spam?

Index only units won't be getting future support. They're trying to convince you to stop using models that they're squatting.

Or maybe it's not laziness and they don't want rifle dreads to have a point decrease or something?

And they lowered the absurdly high chainfist price, but ONLY for chaos marines

Aren't conscripts trash now since GW inadvertently made them the same price as regular guardsmen?

One that didn’t exist but in metal?

No wings? Nothing says he cant have wings.

I didn't discover greenstuff until after I've played for 10+ years and I still rarely use it.
I have a knife, paints, some brushes, super glue and about 14k points worth of dudes.
You don't need more.

The new Tau relic is pretty cool.

Yeah cause regular marines don't need the help.

a single full-sized unit

Post you dudes

Then what you effectively meant was -2 to get hit on the first turn, -1 to get hit the following.

It's Kriegers, user.
You'll be part of the first wave in the next bayonet charge.

did scouts exist at hh and gc?

More than 3.

Why 3 ? because it's what most force org allows as a baseline, meaning you have to truly go fetch them to spam them.

No.

what was their counterpart?

t-that's heretical love.

Do we really need him to do that?
Judging by his description i can guarantee you that they will look below average.

They could also be a Crusader too couldn't they?

Speaking of which, can a Canoness have Crusaders as her bodyguard or are they reserved for Priests only?