/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Quiet Edition

>Prior thread:
>Archives and other resources:
pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

>Threadly Opener:
What basic rule should all CYOAs follow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdiAzZNW-ss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And finally the mystery box.

>What basic rule should all CYOAs follow?
It has to have at least one waifu or something than guides you to encounter said waifu

OP, you have to link the new thread to the old thread, otherwise nobody will know there's another out.

>Opener
CYOAs should be crafted in their respective author's image.

>edition
>thread question
Who made this shit?

Alright I really like having Opening questions. Helps keep the actual creation process up on the mind.

I think they're retarded and try and force the OP's opinions.

And do you do any author work user?

Look at all these dumb teenage mary sues straight out of anime

Dropped

Post question suggestions for the next OP.

Maybe we should have one question for players and another for creators?

How about "How many builds do you usually make per CYOA?"

Honestly I want to know who starts on graphics, who starts on math and who starts on writing. Where do you start on the design process?

yes

Didn't Quiet say he'd update this about a year ago?

#
Since I just barely missed the end of the last thread I’ll post this here.

Name: “Slepnir”

Class:
Hunter

Bonus:
+3 Stat Point (+3 Agility)

Physical:
Martial Arts, Willpower, Shockwave

Spiritual:
Bloodlust, Monster Within, Soul Spirit

Weaponry: Bladed Arms, Ancient Weapon, Enchantment, Overcharge, Stamina, Spine Weaponry

Elemental:
Primal Power, Adaptation, Affinity (Fire), Propulsion, Enhance

Ethereal: Indomitable

Strength: 6
Defense: 2
Agility: 9
Intelligence: 2
Skill: 10

License: Twilight Desert, Ancient Glacial

Persona: Traveler

Resources: Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market, Healing, Training, Scavenging, Campsite, Map, Teleport, Bar, Diner, Club, Bounty, Gambling, Underground, Inn.

The idea is to run down people with my mount and used overcharged, elemental empowered, shockwave strikes to take them down. Not much too it, I’m basically a hussar with lightning powers

Running people down is great and all, but can you do the same with monsters?

He ended up making Endless Desert, as well as moving across the world

Oh. Nice. How many threads should I go back through to find that one?

I tossed all three points into Int at the start, but I'm not great at math so it doesn't surprise me that they're off. Still keeping them where I'd meant for them to be.

I’d imagine a supercharged lance would work just as well on monsters.

How did he escape? Was there a different CYOA he talked about making too?

Just one!

This guy. I like this guy.

I'm not worried if it'll hurt them, I'm questioning if you can hit them in the first place. Most monsters are quadruped. Others are flying. And then there's the shit that's just really big (in which case, I'd rather not charge myself straight into itsfoot, thank you very much).

Also, I doubt you'd be getting much use out of this tactic on glaciers.

I always started with graphics first and writing after.

>Portal
>Rare Magic
>Forgotten Technology
>Dark
>Average
>Humans, Aliens, Droids

RHAÄVE'SHO,
FLÄÖWEN.
FLSTH'KHUN?
...KHUNORI,
KHUNÄÖFAAI.
FLÄÖI,
KHA...
FLÄISUM.

FLÄSHYN!

youtube.com/watch?v=cdiAzZNW-ss

I think I could hit most things on the ground. Of course I don’t have to be mounted the entire time, and while significantly less effective against flying creatures I can just shoot lightning at them. I didn’t really consider the physics of ice and snow when choosing it, just that’s it’s flat. Plains would be a better option, so I’ll just drop some of the non essentials like underground, gambling, alchemy and library I guess.

>you will never get your own zone

I generally start with writing, though companions get an interwoven process where I decide on the general idea of the companion (their archetype or most important note), pick out their image, and then write the full bio to fit nuances suggested by the image.

Don’t remind me, user.

next thread question "how do we stop the MH posting?"

By not posting the CYOA and letting it die on its own like last time? Not too hard.

Make OC to change the topic.

OC making is a lost art

You better work hard to revive it then

fuck you

No Trap Option.
Reeeee.

Not him but you set yourself up for it. Should have said nothing.

I think the point is that you're dickless. Maybe a stipulation that you don't feel anything from your dick if you take the trap option?
Could use some male or at least newhalf / futa heroes too.

>she doesn't want to be a full girl

but they were already posting builds user

girls are ewwwy

learn to lucid dream
learn to make persistent dream worlds

The way it's described by those who can do it, you can visit the same dream world each night if you choose, unless you die in that dream world. If you die in the dream world then that world will be lost to you forever. But the rules of the dream world are set upon it's creation. In theory, you should be able to create a world that has some sort of loop hole, like reincarnation or returning after 3 days.

>What basic rule should all CYOAs follow?

All CYOAs should feature lolis. I can think of only one or two good CYOAs that don't have any lolis.

The only reason I started putting them into threads was to try and give authors, or those who aspire to be so, ideas about how people feel about certain mechanics and contents. It's why most of those questions are categorically unbiased--they were intended to be general, open-ended questions, unrelated to any specific content.

Nobody knows what anyone else is thinking unless they ask. Sometimes an author needs a hint; other times, an author will do as they will, regardless of what follows. "Creative license", "intellectual property", and all that jazz. If you do not like questions in the OP then you are welcome to make the next thread and not include one.

Off to d or b, scum.

Agreed.

No authors should be influenced by stupid opinions from here.

I liked the questions.

You're still a fag for edition tagging.

Yeah, I really think you should fuck off with that. Seriously.

Editions are a way to remind us of old content we would have forgotten instead of only reposting the same popular CYOAs thread after thread.

No it doesn't. It's just a retarded concept. Cancer from other generals.

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I explicitly said 'ideas'.

Are you the throg retard who hates that we're a general and keeps trying to pretend we're not by fucking up the OP?

I wish he was. At least throgs are a force for good.

I for one don't mind the questions, although they invariably won't hold discussion for long due to the sheer variety in CYOA content.

As for the editions business, that is just taking us one step closer to Jumpchain, and the further away we stay from that dumpster fire the better. In fact I'd go so far as to compare it to buying plane tickets to West Africa during 2014. We may not be aboard the flight yet, but ebola-chan is stood at the airport check-in desk coaxing us along.

>People don't want OP to make conversation starters
>People don't want the most popular CYOA to get posted
>People don't like it when a CYOA gets too many builds posted for it
Why are we here? What is our purpose?

its kind of ironic that you'd take this position here seeing how throg is on the side of "less stupid unneeded bullshit in the OP", which is what you are in favor of right now

good cyoas

Some of us are here to screech autistically. The rest post CYOAs and builds like it isn't happening.

>although they invariably won't hold discussion for long due to the sheer variety in CYOA content.
That's the point, everything feeds the threads, nothing takes it over. Discussing questions, posting CYOAs that sit the edition, reposting popular CYOAs, posting OC, and builds of course all mingle so the threads have variety and aren't just one or two of the above.

Are there any CYOAs with cool spooky but comfy feel besides obvious ones like DSA's?

>good cyoas

This is true; we are the last bastion of such.

It's not true at all, I mean it might be if the guy actually put some effort in to the questions, but instead we always get a variation of a question regarding opinions so basic that it's impossible to get anything out of it except give some random troll an extra chance to bait people.

Nope, that kind of CYOA doesn't exist, since those themes just don't work in this medium.

Thankfully we have anons like so next thread can have the best questions!

The best questions are no questions.

Ones like that already exist though.

Darksiders is fun

Prove it by posting it then. I'll wait.

So all your complaining about specific questions was just misdirection?

What the fuck does spooky but comfy mean
If you are spooked how are you comfy

Try this one on for size.

I posted one. I'll post another one. You could say the CYOAs are bad but that's your opinion, and you can't say they aren't real.

False dichotomy, user.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen you post one yet despite your claims. Please post one if you want to prove your point.

And done with that one

>He doesn't get comfydark
Sometimes a single candle against infinite blackness is more profound solace than all the incandescent glow of the world we know.

Could you tell me why you disagree instead of just saying "you haven't posted one" like a passive aggressive retard?

Angsty teen poetry doesn't really help your case.

I'd think that's pretty obvious. Seeing how I already said what I think about it and you responded to me and all.

I see others have been delivering. Urban Unease and The Village are favorites for leaning a little more towards the comfy.

I get that you don't agree that the CYOAs fit the description I gave, but you refuse to say why. Description aside I just wanted to know if there were other CYOAs similar to the ones I posted.