Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Nids best faction/sisters of battle are dead in the water, edition.

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, we got plastic Si- gangers.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=3J7B3r1ZDvA [Open] [Open]

>Chapter Approved Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/shops/popbits
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for dust.

1st for the Rout

that's exceptionally subtle bulge

So it turns out 60pt Deathshroud Terminators are pretty punchy and tough for their cost. Not as much as SS Custodes, but hey.

Once again Magnus did nothing wrong and Russ proves why his is the worst legion.

How do i scales?

Man I hope Deathwatch get buffed in their codex.

>imperial fists/iron warriors tactics are so shit! Ignores cover is nothing!

>WOOW, jormungander is so OP. Cover bonuses? Yes please!

How can /40kg/ hold these two opinions at the same time?

Should I just make some Primaris Minotaurs?

>6 space marines codices
Fucking die, mutants.

Do any of your gfs like 40k?

>gfs
>Veeky Forums
Rethink your statement.

My QT plays Orks.

A unit of 6 with a +1 to wound (Veterans of the Long War or Blades of Putrefaction) comfortably one-round Guilliman while costing slightly less. Comfy. Now just get their M4 ass over there, probably gonna need some deep strike + Warptime shenanigans.

Are Space Marines any fun to paint
I need a break from painting Orks and the edge highlight-fest that is Custodes and I found a bunch of Space Marine stuff I didnt even know I had

Note user doesn't state gf, just QT ;)

yes

if you hate edge highlighting then power armour is not for you.

Did the Inquisition get any relics or stratagems?

What do you guys think about this paint scheme for BA reivers? Or do you think they should be red?

Blood Angels Death Company are black, and these guys are similar in that they are terror troops and being bright red just doesn't say "stealth" to me.

Did the Men of Iron rebel because of Chaotic corruption or was it a classic AI uprising? Asked on the last thread too late.

okey IM GOING BROTHER

The community manager guy in facebook going full damage control lmao.
>Why not just gib the points updates as a free pdf?
>N-no you see this is optional and you can play using PL

We'll be getting the points update as a pdf anyway, I can't understand why they bothered with the book.

My convoluted headcanon forbids it.

>Nids best faction/sisters of battle are dead in the water, edition.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

I think it's said that the Men of Iron were also an example of technology gone to far.

I've heard it suggested they had ships that could blow away suns and that the Men of Iron themselves consumed raw spatial data as sustenance.

If that is the case, the stance of the Mechanicus on technology is perhaps understandable.

Destroying yourself with it is just as bad as any other threat the Imperium might face.

It's generally been undisclosed.

I feel like you need to believe that this choice of wording is indicative of discrepancy, so I won't take that from you. Sleep well, user. Your QT is out there somewhere.

oh now you have to explain yourself, little man.

The what ?

My wife isn't, no.

Trying to figure out a way to prevent magnetized the dakka and melt bit to the body of the gun
Hence why im trying to combine all the parts into one gun

pretty sure it was just the classic AI uprising as it was pre m.30 and chaos was only discovered after the great crusade

The fuck is that relevant to what I was saying? Yeah, the Imperium's a massive clusterfuck, but at least they're being something approaching sensible where AI is concerned. It's done nothing but go hilariously wrong every time it's been tried over the last twenty millenia, sometimes because of Chaos corruption and sometimes because of rebellion. The Tau barely know what Chaos is aside from crazed lunatics with odd powers, they're not exactly set up to defend against that kind of thing and their machines have no reason to share Tau's small warp signature. If they carry on as they are they're due a not insignificant AI rebellion of some kind even if the Imperium doesn't make the slightly odd decision to try and kick them again.

The girls I've dated no, but the traps and trans I've dated yes. There are a couple of fat girls and a fat trans at the store that play a lot.

>traps
go on

She doesn't mind my plastic crack habit but hasn't really shown too much interest

>implying multiple gfs
the logistics of dating multiple people are just painful, even more so if you're keeping them unaware of each other

>trans
boy I hope you play someone I can purge.

could you reword that to be a little less autistic so I can understand the point?

They've been good guys who did nothing wrong until their recrutung workd was wiped by Necrons. First company led by Moloc survived by being on a mission. Moloc was pushed to become chaptermaster, to save the Minotaurs he requested help from Terra. All he got were test tube Marines of the same Iron Warriors geneseed he's made of. But he never accepted them as his brothers. After many purges and cullings he's disdainful of the Highlords, and doesn't trust Guiliman and his abominations. No more "gifts" from Terra, he wants his old Minotaur brethren back, not just some test-tube Marines from terra. Bitterness ensues

Death company wear black because it's their last mission. They either die in battle or get shot after the battle due to succumbing to the black rage

Does that happen to reivers?

I once accidentally date 3 girls at the same time. Notice the issue when I was left with less money than expected.

I just enjoy the company way to much to even notice.

yes, I got her to play with me, but she mostly likes Armageddon with harlequins than 8th edition

Is that thing even used most of the time?

I assumed most of the time when the Sisters went to war, they had the advantage of an allie being near that had better artillery for knocking out an armored target ( such as a PDF, Militarum Regiment, Astartes Company, Knight House, Mechanicus Maniple).

And how do they even go about reloading the Artillery anyway? Do they have some sister or some Fraternis Militia do it?

About the hobby/universe itself no, but it's manual stuff and i'm not a half bad painter, so it's like a "fun fact" they discover about me when we start dating and come home to the first time.

I like it for an homebrew chapter , Moloc just seems to be ok with recieving help from Terra.

WET LEOPARD GROWL

Sell me on your favorite army.

If you’re still around, the site is shapeways, wonderful goods for very cheap. I got 60 chapter symbols for like 17 bucks.

Only recommendation/problem I have is their mk7 shoulder pads are slightly smaller than official GW ones, so I’d avoid getting those and get just the chapter insignias instead.

Link:
shapeways.com/shops/popbits

because ignoring cover is situational and sometimes doesn't come into play at all, but getting cover is always good and usefull.
Not saying it sucks or it's good, but as a chaos player I already have DTTFE that only triggers agaisnt certain army, so I know why it sucks to tell yourself that you have a special rule that kinda nice but will maybe never come into play at all, so there's that.

Moloc already is the chapter master of the Minotuars you muppet

Meltas and boobs.

Also so unsupported that your models will never be old!

>Getting mad that society's rejects are banging each other
One was tall and skinny and played Sisters. Was a big slut so I got myself out of that. Another trap was an autistic WW2 nut that, you guessed it, played Guard. He started getting all Full Metal Jacket on me, so I left before a murder suicide went down. The trans played Dark Eldar and was really into BDSM. I had a lot of fun with that and we broke it off when I moved.

virgin detected

spooky scary skeletons with laser beams

How to into bases?

Okay you ever read Bram Stokers Dracula? Its kinda like that but they have a horrible curse that turns them into murder machines.

Hello Veeky Forums, I need help.Im making a new Space Marine chapter and I was wondering a few things.
Query:
Can a Contemptor Dreadnought be my Chapter Master?

>The trans played Dark Eldar and was really into BDSM.
Hilariously fitting
>Another trap was an autistic WW2 nut that, you guessed it, played Guard.
Was it Death Korps?

Space detectives working together with their best friends and asking whoever they want to join them in space fun. Also they can have whatever fancy ride they want.

buy small stones
buy technical paint from gw
buy some bits to drop in front of mini

Bang. Done. Or watch tutorials on youtube, that works.

The Emperor's finest

no

Sisters don't need artilllery. They are an urban fighting force that breach fortifications with melta and flamers. If melta were a thing IRL, we would do the same too.

The exorcist is supposed to be in lore some kind of complex javelin MMLS aimed at killing ennemy armor.
Instead on tabletop, they are some kind of beefy mosquito best used against multiwound infantry.
They either need heavy 2D6 or S10 and more damage.

Is Spearhead one of the better detachments for Orks?

Oh, forgot to link original post, now I just look weird

Can confirm I saw the new WD today and DA and BA are getting Primaris upgrade sprues.

DA get a power sword angled down like he's casually resting on the hilt not gripped for battle, BA get a chainsword - which kinda sucks but I guess GW wants us to focus on our additional attacks.

We have Bloody cookies and angry boys who when they charge can get 4 attacks and get 3 again in the same melee turn

here's to hoping by some odd chance that hive fleet Kronos are playable in the upcoming 40k roleplay. (who am I kidding? they wont be.)

Steel Legion and Krieg. Those gas mask fetishists.
>Hilariously fitting
Made me laugh a lot too.

Too bad. Thanks anyway

>buy small stones

I work outdoors, I can just pocket cool pebbles when my co-workers arent looking.

Do I need to use a technical paint before I glue static grass to the base like pic related?

>gf
What gf? I'm all I got.

Anyone wish the Men of Iron were still around fucking up shit and building insane robo civilizations in the dark.

I could imagine them owning their own super empire in some of humanities colonies in other galaxies and are responsible for fighting some other crazy shit like a ton of tyranids (explaining why the Imperium hasn't just been drowned in tyranids yet).

lime green looks a bit much, consider something slightly more muted for the rim. Base itself looks ok

Source?

I know, I didn't start at the end of M41.

Anyone else lost the desire to build and paint Marinelets?

If anything close to a tyranid is going to be in, it will be a genestealer hybrid

also don't post that trash

use pva to glue on grass

I drew it myself a while back. I should start drawing Tyranids again.

(you can find myself on tgchan or on my fa)

I might just write up my retarded headcanon tomorrow and apply for BL to make it official

Dorn, I'll kick your ass

The Inquisition! I was just curious if they got any relics or anything in the update.

T. Increasingly nervous man for the thirteenth time today

Fuck off faggot, i'll kick your ass

>bought a Thunderhawk today
>see leaks
>mfw my already useless but cool plane went up by over 50% in points overnight

Since the primarishits came I abandoned the marines

Is there any head similar to Centurion Adorable ?

>Sisters don't need artilllery. They are an urban fighting force that breach fortifications with melta and flamers.

I imagine there are some fortifications they would not be able to topple if they assaulted them directly.

Those built by Orks and Chaos Space Marines come to mind.

But then again, they shouldn't be fighting Xenos or serious Reengades anyway as it seems their only intended to fight what amount to Cultists and rabble given their armory choices.

No, deathwatch are infinitely more engaging to build than primaris.

On the bright side it make good scenery or objective.

This is PVA glue, ya?

I was told "white glue" by the store manager.

Also, where do you guys get your cutting mats? That's what their called, right? Shit I checked walmart, staples, an outlet store, hardware store and I couldnt find one.

I haven't been to a proper fancy art supply store yet, but it's so far away.

GW hates FW for some reason. They took over and basically shat all over FW point prices as a big fuck you.

First time I posted today

Plastic crack was the paradoxical straw that broke the camel's back.

She was (well is, she didn't die) a designer so the whole painting thing she was really supportive of. But there were too many purchases in too short a time (I'm bad with money when I get excited). There was a host of other stuff too, but that was the last one chronologically.

If only we could have the hive mind start to develop other emotions besides hunger so it would begin to grow to just hate factions like chaos or necrons and also be influenced by radical minds from species its eaten, like genestealer cults who somehow still maintain a presence in the hive mind and start suggesting....delayed consumption of imperial factions or the utilization of organic weapons to save resources while fighting mostly non-organic or extradimensional enemies.

>kronos affiliated cults and pure tyranid scouts notice imperial factions that are anti-daemon focused using purity seals and blessings
>Tyranid lictors and genestealers start stealing holy relics and learning prayers to try and fight chaos better
>comes to a point where tyranid zoanthropes get used as diplomats to transmit demands of massive amounts of purity seals in exchange for not getting nommed immediately.
>cue carnifexes covered in seals and hive tyrants wearing stupid priest counterfeit hats while mumbling really bad gothic prayers that totally don't make sense.
>the emperor decides to honor some of these prayers because why the fuck not.