Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Kingdom Death: Monster is a "Boutique Nightmare Horror" Board game, known for freaky and sometimes psychosexual monsters, a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, and Thicc Pinups. The 1.5 (Current Edition) Core Game is available now from the creator's webstore RIGHT NOW.

Previous thread, youthened out of existence while hunting the Phoenix:

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/thread/1701704/im-garth-marenghi-and-welcome-my-darkplace-compreh
youtube.com/watch?v=spLyRq5hGis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yo anyone got any good screencaps of retarded KS comments

why would we want those here,friend?

Satan was only worth it for the pleb newfans and they still have to add all the Promo stuff separately. I added literally everything from the new KS that was actually usable in game and it's still less than a Satan Pledge.

The big saver was the Gambler's Lantern.

It's time to post your favorite pinup, /kdm/,

The female one's pretty damn good too, but I mean COME ON.

The Best.

>males is bikinis wearing thigh high heeled boots
welp guess Im homo now

Patrician taste.

>tfw a winged ape would fit kingdom death

>male pinup is a femboy faggot
>not having muscular pillar of masculinity

You had one fucking job!

Promo stuff doesn't excite me much. I can't see why you would want to add Candy and Cola, and anything to do with Paizo...

I mean for the Sparrow King him being a femme fuck is pretty fitting. Works with his whole lying about being the Goblin.

Is there a single non-human simian in KD:M, anywhere?

Because they come with gameplay components? Maybe people like the models (I certainly do), but the Pathfinder box is basically a new campaign where you follow the 4 PF characters as they level up in their classes.

how is that not muscular? you're just a barafag, admit it

Survivors.

I don't think homunculi count.

>. I can't see why you would want to add Candy and Cola
Because I'm a Huge SPM fan, even if they have been fucking up their kickstarters catastrophically recently.

Admit it? I wasn't hiding it.

>how is that not muscular?

Boy would probably strain himself trying to push a real man off him. Women and gay men don't like twinks generally. The ones who do have notoriously shit taste.

>women don't like twinks
wrong. this is totally wrong. women love cute boys a whole hell of a lot. even the gays who run the fashion industry use guys who look a lot less butch than average. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but you are way off radar

Oh I get it. You're hot for the old survivor.

This is taking longer than expected due to me wanting to make the models roughly to-scale with each other.

In an earlier thread we brought up a monkey grip SFA and wondered how we might keep it from being OP. I'm thinking that attacking with a two-handed weapon would give back the activation which then could not be used for another two-hander, is this good?

Neat.
You could probably squeeze watcher and GSK up into that blank space tho.

There will be model counts to fill in the voids like that. (I mostly want to have models horizontally aligned by the bases for better scale-comparison effect.)

Best armor? Favorite armor?

>pic related

Let's be honest here: who isn't?

Awesome man. Great work you're doing there.

Lion Knight doesn't factor into Silver City at all, right? He's just 100% standalone, and also kind of underwhelming?

It's the Lion Knight that's with the silver city, and he does factor into it. The Silver City is basically a rework/mini-campaign for him.

I thought that was the Lion God that got reworked for it?

Ugh, yeah, typo on my end. Curse Kingdom Death having so many Lion dudes.

Speaking of Lions, when do we get to fight this guy?

So right, just to confirm then, Lion Knight is not involved in Silver City, right?

I'm deciding what to add to my pledge as far as old expansions; already have every new expansion. Already had grabbed Dragon King, DBK, Flower Knight, Spidicules, and Lion God.

Adding Sunstalker for sure and... not sure. Thinking about Gorm because everyone talks about how good of an expansion it is, but it doesn't really appeal to me aesthetically and I'll be getting Frogdog eventually anyway for early hunt variety.

Correct. Only other xpack that goes with silver city is Lion God and his dumb face.

Slenderman is usually well-regarded, and adds nice nemesis variety.

Lion Kngiht = No Silver City

Lion GOD = Yes.

This is because Lion God was seen as being average at best and pooters wanted to upgrade it so it would be legit because he loves the model and monster.

>Has Froggo already.
Don't bother with Gorm. It'll always be on another black friday down the line.

>SS
I don't like it but a lot of people do. It has katanas so it's more weebafied.

If you're getting Lion God get Silver City because lion god is not that good by itself.

Does anyone have the battlefoam set for this? I was eyeing it as they have a sale on right now, and I wanted to know how good of a replacement insert it would be for my 1.5 box.

Okay, I'll skip Gorm and Lion Knight. I love Lion Knight's concept but I've heard pretty bad reviews about his fight.

Already got Silver City. I got the Black Friday Gambler's 2nd Face and went way overboard. May grab pinup Satan at some point too because it's one of the only pinups I like.

Sun stalker or Dragon king? Which is the better big expansion?

If you want to improve a normal campaign with a new hunt: Sunstalker

If you want a really good alternate campaign to play through: Dragon King The minis are also nicer.

Lion Knight is just really different. I like it a lot personally.
It gives each of your guys a "Role" which gives them different abilities and items. Like one guy has a horn you can toot to make him move in certain ways to "reset him" (iirc) and he attacks the guy who is "The Villain" It plays a lot like a old school 8 bit videogame fight if that makes any sense.

If you have DK, DBK, FK, Spider and Lion..I would maybe do Manhunter or Slender?
I like I like the green armour bits though so I always favour the guys that let you chase that dragon.

Wow that post was all over the place.

The dragon king model does appeal to me a lot more than the dickstalker. Also, looking for the funnest of hunts.

Manhunter is wrasslin the nemesis fight. iirc he has a tombstone AI card and possibly other wrestling memes.

He's fucking great.
One of my favourite fights.
But I also like to scream "BY GAWD HE'S BROKEN IN HALF!" when a survivor gets his ribs smashed open by a clothesline so.
Not to mention his gunslingin' and traps. He's neat.

>Brought to you by DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS, FRUITY, OH THEY'RE FRUITY SKITTLES

>Has a AI card called Listen Up! giving the perfect opportunity for you to cut promos and drop said plug.

user you're a fucking legend. May a beautiful human of your preference suck your dick until you nut every day for a decade for doing this

total fucking faggot here, what is this?

This is game.

Would you like to know more.
Y/N

What say you, Veeky Forums? Flower Knight or Slendy? Bear in mind the expansions I'm getting are DBK, Black Knight, Screaming God.

yeah what's kingdom death: monster? I see what it says on the shop website but is it any good? What's it all about?

KD:M is a wide ranging game that's like a mashup of Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, Berserk, and Animal Crossing. You take control of a settlement of survivors in a horrific shitstain of a world, where their only light comes from a pile of lanterns on an endless plane of stone faces. You develop your technologies, build gear, and make babies before setting out on a hunt against some gigantic nightmarish beast. On the way there stuff happens, and then you have a showdown where your chosen four people fight for their life against said beast. If they're successful you get monster parts to make new and better gear and do it all over again as the lantern years pass, all teh way until you arrive at the final boss.

So, I have this problem. I have almost everything you can get for this game. Around $3k worth of minis altogether, and not a fucking person around to play it with. Wat do!?

No friends? I find almost anyone is willing to play just because there's so much stuff something is bound to catch their interest.

KD:M virgin, was stupid and didn't back the 1.5 Kickstarter when I had the chance, so I had to just preorder. Only getting the Gambler's Chest for now because I can't afford to break the bank with the expansion bundles, hopefully the store gets some more concrete stock by the time I can afford it.

Just go to your game store and make friends, there's probably loads of people there who want to play but don't have all the fun little plastics.

RIP. Gambler's chest is a good choice though, it's a very solid expansion to the core game.

Yeah, it sucks for me because I saw the KS way back when and thought it was ONLY for the 1.5 upgrade pack, and didn't read all the various tiers of backing. Oh well, live and learn. At least if Poots does a 2.0 Kickstarter or something in 2020 I won't be retarded.

The Gambler model looks absolutely phenomenal too, and pushed me over the edge of going "maybe" to "I need this".

No, I have friends, but only one of them is interested - we ran a campaign once, and when the survivor who got the twilight sword kicked the can everyone (except the one) got all pissy and said the game was too hard. Since then, only the one guy will even entertain the idea of playing (this was the 4 player + gm variant). I bought all the new stuff, because... but I can't even find people at school interested in playing. It's like I'm in the KD:M deadzone.

So our settlement got ourselves the Barber Surgeon and we made like three Brain Mints. Are they any good?

If you want to know what x random piece of gear does list it's stats cause most of us don't remember everything. I know I don't.

Sunstalker also adds sky fishing. I like that it increases the things to do on the hunt, and adds another weird element to the world.

You can hunt the dragon too. He's just a cunt.

why did you make 3? standing up is ok, and the removing toekns can be useful, but really, 3? the only thing you should have 3 of is dried acanthus, for that severe injury denial for your tank/dps.

I think I'm going to buy one wave-2 expansion, but I'm undecisive as we haven't gotten far into our first campaign yet (wiped after the first Butcher). I know people recommend expansions that add diversity to replace the White Lion, but Gorm doesn't interest me much and is more expensive than my other choices. I think I'm mostly looking for variety in showdowns, and overall cool factor (since I will also be running games at the local board game café).

If anyone wants to sway me, this is my shortlist and my thoughts based on the reviews and gameplay I've seen. I'd love more info about the FK's Overwhelming Darkness replacement, namely what it does and if it removes OD completely every year.

DBK:
+ Cheaper
+ Like the theme and mini
+ Gear looks cool and apparently agriculture is fun?
- Unimpressed by the showdown

Flower Knight:
+ Showdown looks super engaging and stylish
+ Gear looks good, resources can boost population
+/- The Forest Wants What it Wants?
- Not as in love with the mini as most people seem to be (just another dude standing straight)

Slenderman:
+ Like Slenderman in general, seems to ooze theme and integrate into the story repeatedly
+/- Showdown looks fairly unique but annoying
+/- Apparently the King's Man sucks even more and this replaces him? But I haven't played him yet so I probably shouldn't look to replace him right away

I really hope Poots expands on the few elves in KD and adds them as an alternate campaign, or as additions to the settlement.

Knife ears stay away!

DBK is Poots's pet expansion and there's a lot and it's really quite charming.
Flower Knight has a lot of flavor, is an interesting fight, comes with a lot of good gear and events. The Forest Wants What It Wants replaces OD when you go to fight the Flower Knight. You need to roll over a number and can buy +1s with by taking bleed tokens or giving some other things.
Slenderman is super comfy.

>Apparently the King's Man
wut?
Is there a good core fight in the game even? Seems every fight sucks in vanilla

We have at least 2 dried acanthus and 2 fresh to make into dried, so we're set there too.

We're thinking about making Elder Earrings so that way we can actually get use out of the mask we got from the salesman event.

I'm pretty much just quoting this review:
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1701704/im-garth-marenghi-and-welcome-my-darkplace-compreh

As I said I haven't gotten there yet.

(I'm about to crash so I'll check back in the morning. Thanks in advice for any further insight.)

The now standard response to 'which expansions should i get?'

>FK's Overwhelming Darkness replacement,
It's called Passing the Gates or wahtever.
Basically you have to make a roll to get through the gates. You can add bleed tokens to your mannos to get a bonus to the roll.

Quarries are probably better than nemesis fights because they give you more stuff to build and you fight them more. Most of the Nemesis fights have more fixed gear.

What is monster grease?

I have $80, dbk and man Hunter or Dragon king?

Do you just have the base game?

Just core.

I have all three, and have enjoyed them all, I think they all bring something unique enough to make them worth the asking price.

I will say this tho - The Flower Night drastically lowers the difficulty of the campaign. He is a fairly easy fight even with less than optimal builds, and the Vespertine Bow is probably one of the most powerful weapons of the game. He's a fun fight and I enjoy him, but prepare to go into easy mode once you've got him on farm status.

When we tend to include him in our campaigns, we usually house rule out the bow, or make it so we can only build one after we kill a lvl 3.

In terms of raw content the dragon king offers an alternative campaign. That being said manhunter and DBK are very fun expansions. Follow your heart, you have a favorite of those two options.

King can be hunted in the base game, yeah? I love his model. Which has the better equipment and such?

In the campaign he’s a nemesis fight, he is a tier 4 quarry if added to the base game. The manhunter is a nemesis that can be added to the base game and offers some unique gear, but no crafting. DBK introduces nightmare agriculture which is a fun little mechanic in addition to some crafting.

The Dragon King has a full armor set, a compliment of new weapons, and a new weapon type ( Scythes ). In addition to his own campaign ( People of the Stars) which has it's own mechanics.

DK has about a half armor set ( Rolling Armor ) some of his own gear, and the ability to Calcify other gear, unlocking upgraded versions of themselves.

MH has about 3 or 4 pieces of equipment that are unique, but very useful, in addition to some settlement improvements that mesh very will with them.

All of them are very fun, they are some of my favorite, but if you're going for the most bang for your buck, Dragon King wins the value war.

I think I'll go Dragon king, plus I imagine the other two will be easier to get later.

Why is Lion Knight considered a good expansion here?

It’s flavorful and a fun fight?

Then what the fuck does it mean then, you uppity cocksucker?

Pretty unique fight, hybrid armor is cool, and everyone loves tactic cards.

Kiting is considered good?

The battle is interesting due to the roles (which you can tactically switch) and the different loss conditions. While in the settlement there is the chance to get some neat gear, including the hybrid armor. He will only have three fights per campaign, so is not overly intrusive, and they build to a mini conclusion. Lastly he is overall a more lighthearted side to Kingdom Death. Also price-wise it's pretty easy on the wallet.

I always imagine him with the personality of Gogandantess.
"My swooord is treeeembling with tears of excitement!"

youtube.com/watch?v=spLyRq5hGis

So what nodes are Flower Knight and DBK? Do they fill their own spot between Antelope and Phoenix or do they replace one of them?

They replace your ability to google "KDM nodes" apparently.

Fair enough. Says 3 for FK and 4 for DBK but the way everyone here talks it seems like they fight them way earlier. When would you recommend going after them/what benchmarks hit?

>me and that winged ape are known to each other

>made it out alive with three Survivors on a Showdown with ZA HANDO Level 2
Never thought standing around doing nothing but letting you get slapped in the face would feel so nerve wrecking. Can´t imagine how you possible could survive against Level 3...

Here is a compilation of all of the models from the current Core game and 1.0 expansions, scaled to correct sizes for the most part. (The only ones that might be iffy are the Spidicules and Lonely Tree, but I referenced everything the best I could.)

Managed to fight the first real White Lion with a friend without too much trouble before.
Yesterday I wanted to fight him in my solo campaign too real quick.
Was sitting there over one and a half hours trying to wear him down. He managed to kill two of my survivors in the end. Kept hitting one guy in the fucking waist all the time and the other one rolled too many bleeding tokens.
Fucking lion, though at least I now can do Principle: Death.

I like how you covered up Sunstalkers dingdong.

I just went and checked and you got the scale of Spidicules pretty much spot on. A survivor comes up to the wrist on its big frontal hands.