Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Gue'Vesa Edition

>Warhammer 40k open day latest, we got plastic Si- gangers.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw

>Chapter Approved Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

First for playing warhammer at 5 AM in the morning after getting back from clubbing all night.

>New player insists I use my codex bonuses and stratagems while showing him how to play 8th
>gets angry when I actually use the bonuses and stratagems
Well that wasn't exactly a fun game for anyone.

Go to fucking bed

third for lying on Veeky Forums

I've never been an OP image before :')

people are weak.

xth for getting back into 40k after not playing since 5th ed and having no clue where to start or what the meta looks like :^)

>buy rule books
>don't read rules
>complain about rules anyway
>???
>profit

What is his endgame?

who's that sexy trooper in the back?

That's the face of a man who really regrets his tattoo choice

to remove that face tat

You think that's bad? I just stayed up to 5 am yelling overworked, sleep deprived frustration at tournament player because I needed to enforce an act of spite with my continued prescence and it was something to do in the mean time.

Sorry 'bout that dude. I do think your sub-community is an active and violent leech on everyone else's fun, but the vitriol was mostly too much university work and not enough sleep. G'night ya tosser.

Alright fellow death bros, I need some input into plague marines

I have 3 sets of the DI plague marines, so 3 plasma guns, 3 champions and tons of bolter plague marines.

I also just picked up a box of the Real, customizable plague marines and need assistance on what I should build.

My idea is to use the box of customizable plague marines to get as many special weapons as possible into my plague marine horde, although I also have 60 poxwalkers so I’m not required to actually use all of the bolter plague marines if they’re not good.

I’m thinking of building the box as 2x flails, 2x launchers, 2x melta(?), icon(?)

Any advice would be appreciated

Don't let me do this solo, BRAG ABOUT YOUR DUDES, /40kg/!

He didn't want you to go easy on him, but he wanted you to go easy on him. Pretty straight forward, just don't tell him.

but my dudes are shit :(

The new T'au relic seems pretty good. Free additional CP seems really good.

One of my Emperor's Children side project. I've also done up an Iron Warrior

Wonder if well get guesva with the tau codex.

they aren't suits so imma go with no.

Yeah, I've thrown games against newbies before. It's usually straightforward, just ignore everything you know about target priority and strategic movement, hand out advice as you play like candy half to teach and half to handhold, and pray the dice don't force you to win anyhow.

Dunno why you'd want to hear about Dark Eldar who go around stealing shit and trolling the lesser races.

Like the time I ended up killing a Lord of Change with birds.

The progression of Chapter Master Xiao Feng of the Red Wind chapter over the course of the Indomitus Crusade (Circa M41)

That's heresy user. They're all neato in some way.

What the fuck am i looking at?

Best way to equip with Exalted Champions?

Power sword to maximize AP due to rerolling to wounds?
Power axe to get a little of both?
Chain sword to just get maximum amount of dice rolls?

There is a filename user.

Tau auxiliary

Are there any outright confirmed traitor descended chapters?
Not the ones where every sign points to them being traitor stock like the Blood Ravens.

The thing is he was winning when he called it in my favor. He just really, really did not like it when I used a stratagem to explode a vehicle and kill his warlord. He wasn't really a newbie, he was just new to 8th. He's been playing 40k for a while.

When I pointed out he could win through objectives he refused and said "that's not a fun way to win". He was basically just mad that he couldn't table me in two turns.

>tfw the people teaching me now have a grudge against me beating them so hard constantly

This does not answer my fucking question. What auxiliary? What is it suppose to represent?

Joke listing a DA sucessor goes here.

It's like watching one of those eagles get fucked up by a swarm of swallows, if I'm picturing it right.
Nice! Making them primaris look good

Also my Iron Warrior

No. Guilliman wouldn't allow that shit.

I'm here if you need a hug, user.

Boneripper with Plasma rifles.

Badass user.
Is it wrong I want mostly Mk IV and VII in my Minotaur army?

My dudes > Your dudes

Instead of -1 to hit, it should be.
>can't target unit if they only moved this turn, unless within 12 inches

>Are there any outright confirmed traitor descended chapters?

Death Eagles were a second founding Raven Guard chapter, it was also the name of a loyalist Emperor's Children company so the survivors probably founded the chapter though it probably uses Raven Guard geneseed. Silver Skulls are a similar example, a chapter founded by Iron Warriors and in memory of a loyalist IW but probably uses Ultramarine genestock.

Second founding has a ton of chapters with unknown origins, whether they were lost or purposefully forgotten is up in the air but the opportunity to make a chapter with traitor geneseed or loyalists from traitor legions is there.

Saaaame! My auxiliaries have been wrecking shit in a gunline-esque fashion

(Hammerhead with WWII style dudes riding on the hull)

blight launchers and plasma guns are the only upgrades you want on your plague marines 99% of the time. note the price cuts to PMs and blight launchers in chapter approved, and that the champ can take a plasma gun too

PMs are slow and have limited options for alleviating that. they are not going to use meltas or melee weapons well. DG has good melee options, use those to countercharge whatever charges your PMs

melee PMs may be viable in CSM, where they can benefit from warptime and the alpha legion stratagem or renegade chapter trait, but in DG they want to be using that 18" double tap range

Damn those helmets add so much, also love the paint the claw marks are beautiful.

No worries. One day you'll learn to actively recruit people into the hobby and you won't be so bitter about things.

To be fair, it is a wargame. Simon says cards wore thin real fast for me because they both didn't present a logical scenario, and they made my opponents play worse because they over-focused on the cards instead of realising if you establish board control through extreme violence, you're at your leisure to pick up points from the dominant position.

I once scored that "hold all six objectives" card against a Gladius player by backing him into a corner them slaying anything left on an objective near the endgame. And I'm pretty sure there's zero chance in hell I'd have pulled it off if he'd played the first three turns with anywhere near my aggression.

Had a 2k point game with infantry guard today. 4 tuns went on for over 5 hours, ended in a draw. It doesn't matter how much fun you're having eventually that just becomes a slog. The guard player had something around 20-35 units on the table for most of the game, one movement and shooting phase went on for probably an hour until I killed enough to bring it down to somewhere around 15.

We chewed each others' army to pieces. He dropped around 30 models behind my lines which I held off with company vets, captain, Lt, and COMPANY CHAMPION. I ripped up his back lines with marines, scions, and eversor assassins, which once more proved how bullshit they are, so bullshit it is starting to anger me how powerful they are.

I blew up his vortex missile before it could fire, the explosion killed 2 heavy weapon teams, a company commander and a primus psyker. That dreadnought had been whiffing the entire match so that felt good. The Vindicaire proved himself useless once more after killing 2 models and failing to secure the objective he'd been standing on for the whole game. More importantly the COMPANY CHAMPION finally(!) made its worth in a game, killing 6 models without screwing up once before dying ignobly, as opposed to killing no models and dying ignobly. I probably would have won if I had drawn better, I had 4 objectives in my control for the entire match but I only drew two of them out of my deck

Since conscripts are now 4 points each, what's the point in taking them? Regular infantry are better for the same price.

And the tank crew
Your memes > my memes

That's it? That single Ravager creeping out behind the pillar in the back blew Bel'akor the fuck out of existence in a single volley of fire. This was a "cinematic" shot for our narrative campaign where by the grace of Vect's pubes we managed to capture TWO Carnifexes.

Anyone have scans of the rule book for necromunda?

There isn't much of a reason but the stretch reason is that you can still take them in larger squads than regular infantry.

I really like the colour scheme. I appreciate it so much when Tau players paint their dudes something either than orange

Dire avengers ready for dullcote

Guy looking at the camera like hes about to give me a huge lecture about the Greater Good.

So now that the character rule is changing, are rules like the swarm cloud stratagem by death guard changing too?

Correct. I opened with a barrage of dark lances, all doing didly so I said fuck it and sent a shit ton of Razorwings.

It ended up tying him up and he tried to send his guys saving the LoC from my murderous murder that I just blasted them apart with my Scourges and Kabalites.

Then the LoC died to the sheer amounts of attacks. I was later given a celebratory milkshake from Wendys from the dude since it was hilarious for him for some reason.

Afterwards I faced his brother's Khornate Daemons and lost when his Bloodthrister slammed one after one of my paper boats and ignored shit like my Talos and Distraction Scourges.

Misquote

I'll admit, MKIII holds my heart. (Same user spamming, sorry, I like posting 'muh dudes')

The hell broken shit were you playing to do that to a Gladius? War convocation?

>dullcote
Superb taste in model sealant, my dude.

I'm thinking about ordering some Mk IIIs and putting spartan/roman helmets on all of them, because I absolutely love their actual armor, just not a huge fan of the helms

>those hair all over the pistol
>those super hightlight
>dat thick eye on the talisman

Any form at all of Eldar in 7th?

Highlights are too bright, paint is a bit thick.

The brightness range is also too great, you go from near black to near white. You need use a narrower range of colours.

We weren't playing maelstrom though, it was just eternal war and playing with objectives was his idea in the first place. Like, he wanted us to use objectives and then didn't want to actually hold the objectives. Yea it's a wargame, but part of that is adapting to the situation, if you can't table someone then you go for the objectives, not call it because you can't win the way you want to.

Just that flesh bearers detachment to play a shit ton of Blood Angels Dreadnoughts and a couple drop pods.

Librarian dread for HQ, Cassor the damned for the one required troop slot, drop pod for the fast attack slot tax.

I enjoy the non-formation based freedom of 8th's list building, but man do the HQ taxes rack up if you try to get too creative now.

They're prettier than yours

Walk into LGS see this, what do?

Dude that looks great so far, way better than creepy smiley one

How'd you make that? Looks like a Hellion body and Reaver helmet, but I can't figure out what else has been used.

Actually know what I really miss? Units of Dreadnoughts. Not sure why they dropped that angle, it was fun to stomp three of them around in one slot.

360 turn around and walk right out

I don't need more meme shit in my tabletop

Roll for table edge?

Go banannas

Memes are the DNA of the soul, Jack.

Hi. My name is Shas'O Amri'ka Ste'f R'jers, and I'd like to talk to you about the Greater Good.

Yes, and we're all slaves to the memes of the past, but that's the problem user;

I want to be free

the body and head are all out of the Venom kit, the attachments are scratch built from solder and various bits.
Dark Eldar make converting assassins easy

>Shortens to O'Ste'f by standard tau naming conventions.

I made a character called Shas'El Vior'la Anor once just so her name would be El'Anor.

This is why I bring less and less infantry models in my guard army. It takes too long and the managers and my opponents get upset.

Glorious, user.
Do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and savior, Ethereal?
Very perrty

Enact Exterminatus.

I'd be inclined to say power sword just so in case of trouble you can hot-swap it for a murder sword, and use him as a bubble of nope for enemy character that gives you trouble.

Yeahhh that's what happens when you do a bunch of adderal and decide everything is subpar and there aren't enough hours to do everything 50x

Right. So tired of yellow/orange or poorly done white (white is hard so its understandable).

Currently attempting a purple NMM scheme but I'm no painting expert. Will post if I ever manage something I'm happy with.

Shas'Ui T'au Ardi'champ'yns

The man of the match himself, a complete fucking waste of 50 points except he just looks cool.

Hey Veeky Forums. what is one of your favorte peice of stupid 40k lore.

I just found out imperial fists having "wall name"s is cannon and not just a joke from text-to-speech.

any advice for subassembling and painting scarab occult termies? have a set ready to assemble but it looks like some bits including the head will be hell to try and paint. is there a good way to do it that anyone has experience with?

Why are Scarab Occult considered a meh unit? They get a lot of good AP shots, have some of the best saving throws in the game and can give themselves Warptime using Chaos Familiar.

it's too bad because your tau stuff looks good, it's just...
that poor chosen man...
he didn't sell his immortal soul to uncaring gods for that.

This is my scheme. What do you think user?

All the benefits of Flak Vests with the added bonus of no peripheral vision!

It is a rad MK. Even to a heretical greater goodfag

I play chaos so I think that would be the inquisitors job.