Wizards wtf are you doing?

Wizards wtf are you doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ffr3fUbJ15E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They aren't wrong though, no bully!

Out of the loop, the fuck is going on?

Remember what happened to Zach Jesse?
Wizards has been shit to the community for a while now.

>The Magic Community
Fix your cardboard.

tl;dr: fat neckbeard pokes fun at cosplayer and she has a mental breakdown and quits magic

A female cosplayer said she was quitting because of harassment and it blew up on reddit /magictcg.

Wizards could have just ignored it since it was stupid but they responded and now people on reddit/twitter are saying that's not enough and they need to take action.

Serious question: does this mean WotC obeys Reddit?

Literally yes it does.

Not really, but they will do about anything to satisfy the loud vocal minority.

One girl who said she's quitting cosplay has caused a major gaming company to respond in order to save face.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Good. Cosplayers are cancer.

Cosplayers are the most powerful race in the world.

Was this at least a high-level cosplayer with corporate backing, like Jessica Nigri with Grasshopper Studios? Or some random thot?

Eh. As far as WotC goes, kinda, yeah.

Random thot with a patreon.

Kinda?
The situation over there is weird and complicated. Wizards saw that they're one of the biggest M:tG communities online, so, like the other big ones, they gave them a spoiler card for most sets.
For most sites this doesn't do much, but since this is fucking reddit we're talking about, The mods there figured that if the subreddit acts in a way that wizards doesn't like, they'll revoke their spoiler card privileges. This, in turn, basically encouraged the mods and community to stamp out dissenting opinions even harder.
So basically it's in a feedback loop. Reddit trys to predict how Wizards wants them to act, and then acts accordingly, and wizards sees their "Community" acting in the way they want so they act accordingly. Which causes reddit to keep defending Wizards when they make the absolute DUMBEST decisions.
I'm pretty sure Wizards also outsources a lot of their other market research too, so there basically in a feedback bubble where they're incapable of doing wrong

I think she had been hired by WotC and I think SCG in the past for their events but wasn't a full time employee.

You neckbeards will keep buying their shit regardless, and now they look concerned to people on the fence. There was literally no economic downside to this.

>Some neckbeard on YouTube harrassed some cosplayer a few months back
>she is now saying she is done with magic and is calling it quits
>some redditors get their panties twisted in a bunch and begin a crusade against the neckbeard
>neckbeard responds by bashing on everyone he can including other magic youtubers and plays ignorant to why he is getting shat on
It's really a bunch of nothing but retards duking it out on social media that will likely affect nothing unless your LGS cares about this shit

Not with this cardboard quality I won’t :^(

>h-hey guys everyone has trample now :)
>w-why are you not playing the game s-s-stop harassing roasties!

this is unequivocally wizards of the coast's fault

>everyone has trample now

Wait what?

Reminder that Rosewater said 45% of Magic playerbase is female. This shows how far they are willing to go with their lies to push their agenda.

Unless what they're doing actually affects the card game, who gives a shit?

You don't realize how close to printing "[INSERT YOUR PREFERRED PRONOUN HERE]" on cards we are.

>that image
does he even come to tg/?

>implying they aren’t in the factories as we speak

The responses are incorrect with this one.
>Magic youtuber makes a video a few months back criticizing cosplayer for doing some shit.
>six months later, she claims she quits because of 'constant harassment'
>everyone else leaps to cosplayer's side because they aren't smart enough to look deeply into this.
They only really hate the guy because of his politics and he dares to be critical of people/practices of his community.

The sad part is they probably have actual data to back that up.
That being said, That data is likely fucked to all hell, as Wizard's market research is EXTREMELY biased towards certain things. I remember a few years ago, I think it was around theros block, where if you went to their site to take a survey to revew the most recent set, the thing would kick you out if you said you played magic more than once a week.

how bad was the harassment? Was it like personal threats or things like that? Or did he just say she was ugly or fat or something?

He called her a grifter six months ago.

The latter. I think there was some feud that started it though, it was just picking her out of a random group photo to target.

*wasnt

It was basically nothing. People just went after him because he is openly anti-SJW.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ffr3fUbJ15E

>playset of beta white knights
Fucking lel

>random thot

What the fuck is a thot?

>Girl gets tired of playing dressup for an audience that doesn't have money and is full of autists
>Autists go out of their fucking mind and start flinging shit at each other
>WotC has to postrate themselves to Reddit.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Christine is sitting at home sipping coffee researching what fandoms actually know how to use Patreon while Reddit collectively triggers itself into suicide.

that hoe over there

>That
>Ho
>Over
>There
It's an enormously forced meme.

Autists being autists.

She quit because WotC wasn't willing to give a dime to have her around and she got tired of baby-sitting fatas neckbeards at GPs.

That's seriously one of the most stupidest things i've heard. If they're going to call someone a hoe then they should just say hoe and just call them a hoe straight up then. No need to piss fart around and sidestep this shit, they should have the guts to just fucking say it straight up.

will this accept the mechanics of the game? if not I don't give a shit

Its spelled ho
Plural: hos

Hos, or some same hosm.

>One girl who said she's quitting cosplay has caused a major gaming company to respond in order to save face.

It's not to save face, it's to get ahead of the potential mob and score brownie points. It's pure virtue signalling

Rogue Deckbuilder is also anti-SJW and people still like/tolerate him because he's not an asshole and an aspie.

Don't see yourself in Unsleevedmedia Veeky Forums, he's clearly /r9k/

Doesn't matter, my point still stands.

it's a Black Twitter thing

What company did you think you were dealing with?

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. THE. SAME. BULLSHIT

Anyone has the picture of the two guys enjoying his hobbie, then another guy comes in, then a stacey craving for beta orbiters attention, a chad, and the community goes to shit?

Beta cucks and females who are not hot enough to be with Chad, but want to get all the attention so they resort to getting beta orbiters from communities with a lot of guys ALWAYS ruin them. It's not sometimes, it is not most of the time, it is ALWAYS.

That explains everything then.

I wasn't arguing with you, I just wanted to help you with the correct spelling.
A lot of people aren't aware of it.

when referring to characters or the players?

Actually both forms of spelling with or omitting an e is acceptable. Both forms are correct.

Jeremy from MtGHeadquarter/UnsleevedMedia made about three videos (which he have now deleted) where he called Christine Sprankle "a whore. She's a dog. A 3/10. I'd still do her." Later, during an event she was invited by a group of artists to sit down and play a game of Flip It or Rip It with them and, not realizing how immature some autists in this community are when it comes to how you handle your own cardboard, posted a picture on social media of a $300 card she had ripped during the game and was told by several fatsos on twitter that she was a horrible person for doing something like that.

>ebonics
>correct spelling

I like the form without the E cause it lets me talk about gardening equipment

i gotchu senpai

But she IS a whore...

AAVE is a legitimate dialect of English which is just as consistent and complex as any other English dialect. The spelling is correct.

I want to see evidence of these videos. Or a hooktube copy. I want to see evidence of a targeted harassment campaign.

So you're saying that Airwrecka here has been spelling her name wrong her entire life?

Thanks, that's the one I was talking about. It's exactly like that.

Yes

The Magic Reddit is a scary and just outright ridiculous place. They made several posts about this topic, that nobody was allowed to respond to. In the one post where discussion was supposed to happen, they said they would ban everyone who would discuss this topic in a way they didn't want. That thread has apparently been deleted and now there is one where they complain about being "raided" and justify banning and locking everything. So now everything that remains is a bunch of nerds complaining about nerds being sexist against that poor woman.

The problem is that these wimps represent you. Wizards looks at their community for feedback and that community is some totalitarian shithole on reddit. And if you keep that in mind, you won't be surprised when Magic takes an ugly direction in the future.

>No one should be made to feel unsafe or unwelcome.

I don't think anyone in the whole wide world really believes this. Everyone has someone they would rather not be around.

>mspaintbirdoverrussianflag.jpg

here

This one's a bit nicer

Thank you

And this one's my personal favorite