Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Sisters of battle edition without a troll OP And posts of the OP in panties in the thread.

>Warhammer 40k open day latest. Iron Warrior cultists seem cool.
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/25/all-the-latest-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-day-nov-25gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LGgS8R-kfHw

>Chapter Approved Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's already a thread up. Sage and report.

No

>not even letting 4 threads up and complaining

wew

Am I a crusty grognard for thinking these are better models? I just like how they are slender

It's better

Question.
In melee do casualties have to pulled from within 1" of the attacker? If you pull enough casualties that the attackers are no longer within 1" of the unit, is the unit no longer in melee? Can it act normally next turn?

No, after a melee phase the unit has to consolidate, as in "move maximum 3 inches and get close to the enemy again".

Do casualties have to be taken starting closest to the attackers? In huge units that take massive casualties, what if the consolidate doesn't get them within an inch?

They can be taken from anywhere in the unit - owning players choice. If you cannot consolidate into within 1" you are no longer in combat.

>In melee do casualties have to pulled from within 1" of the attacker?
No.
> If you pull enough casualties that the attackers are no longer within 1" of the unit, is the unit no longer in melee?
Yes, however units that charged still get to pile in and try to fight, and immediately after fighting a unit can consolidate up to 3", so you'll need to pull every model within 4" of the enemy unit.

You can't take relics if you take special characters, right? Or is that IG only?

Named characters cannot take relics.

Okay, I misread that. You choose relics before the battle but after list creation, right? So you can do a little tailoring if you want?

Would it be regarded as prime cheddar to use a mob of 4++ Bullgryn with a Psyker using psychic barrier and the “take cover” stratagem?

No - that's a good combo.

Should I buy a Conteptor? I wanted to use him as a fluffy HQ, but the prospect of having him anyway seem cool.

That's correct.

Who SOB's here ? Excited for our new relics and point reductions?

Yes. 2++ is always cheesy.

I have mixed feelings.
The eviscerator now costs how it always should have.
Inferno pistols were discounted, but are still incredibly powerful on Seraphim.
Exorcists are cheaper, but still underwhelming.
Hand flamers still feel awful.
The relic packs a punch though. My Veridyan can feel unique again when she wields it.
and the Immolator emerges as the superior transport of choice for Sororitas.

Definitely looking forward to taking more Immolators. Also Relic blade is a must on my Verdyan too.

it doesn't have to consolidate, it may. so if you pull enough casualties and then don't pile in and your opponent cannot reach you with the consolidate, you are out of combat.

you got a good deny the witch stratagem and a soulburst, stop whining.

I see. I find it an hard scenario to happen, tho.

True. But I like Exorcists, not paper weights that cost 160/135 points.

>imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
If IG get cheaper SW on their BS4 guys, shouldn't R&H get even cheaper SW on their BS4 guys since they don't have orders?

Why are there no point cost updates for Sons and next to none for Necrons and Tau?

That is one terrifying picture. Nice.

Also, posting my Veridyan because she deserves more attention.

>sons, necrons and tau
probably getting codex real early next year, no point in wasting time mathhammering them when a codex is in the works

So I abandoned CWE in 7th ed and until recently. Heard they were good, but not brokenly good. How do I go about playing them now? Ulthwé I thought was a pretty cool world to go for.

Are the points the only leaked parts of Chapter Approved or what?

When has GW ever bothered math-hammering? A lot of the point changes are super fucking obvious anyways. Why do Tau 11 points for their plasma guns when IG pay 7 despite the IG version having a vastly superior statline?

Nah, in lot's of ways they are better.

What does the relic do?

Is this that Plague Marine's brother?

I WANT MY DARK MECH NOW
NOW
01110010 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101 01100101

Probably start with troops and figure out where you want to go from there. I usually like to run a double battalion with a big blob of 20 guardians to webway strike with 2 shruiken cannons.

I was thinking it might of been the body you cant equip it too. Then i went and looked it was only available on pathfinders who aren't even that good when it comes to shooting or moving. Now i am more confused.

I'm mostly Guard but I do include some SoB units like Canoness, Celestine, Repentia, DCA. I'm pretty excited for the Relic because that weapon seems great.
It's a great combo to keep them alive, however, every time I've done it, people just shoot my tanks instead because they know 2++ is a pain in the ass to get through. 3++ is good enough and makes people think they can beat it, so the Bullgryn will take some heat, which is a good thing. They are there as counter-assault, a fire magnet and a screening unit. I don't know how many you're taking, but I've had good runs with 2 squads of 4 and then I buff one with Psychic Barrier and the other with Take Cover.

Power sword with 3 damage and +1/2 strength?

fite me irl

nice, good thing that I gave my Veridyan an eviscerator

eat shit traitor

>footfags playing sisters
not surprised, only disgusted

Just thin your paints next time, seriously. It's not that hard.

Mars shouldn't be such a dogmatic shithole then
Imagine what we could do with properly studied Xeno tech

ill thin out ur skull

Why doesn't one of the guys here have a close combat weapon? You need to take a sword or axe.

Also, thoughts on Lord of Contagion after the price drop?

117 for WS/BS2, T5, W6, 2+, 4++, 5+++ and 4 attacks at S7, Ap-3 and D3 damage.

Alternatively, S6, Ap-3 and 3 Damage for 130pts.

Might be worth taking the cheaper one and just deepstriking him in as a distraction or sole objective holder.

Lose to Chaos?

Can you use the primaris upgrade sprues with the dark imperium models?

*unzips sceptre*

You ever just sit down a write a ton of lore about your dudes /40kg/?

Yes, imperial goyim, your "Mars" truly IS holding you back. If only there were some charismatic and progressive alternative to slaving away under oppressor for your entire life...
maybe a blue alternative? one with sweet battlesuits

play 30k faggot

> Finecast.

Khorne worst God

I've bought a few of the new finecast kits and haven't had near as many issues with it. I'd still prefer plastic obviously but the new stuff isn't awful.

Its certainly not a new codex but its something good.

Say it ain't so!

>multi color nurglings

Fucking SICK

no.
you also have terrible taste Khorne is great

They don't make finecast anymore

Copping this

>implying that the only race that my Magos gets along with isn't only the Haemonculi
If they weren't such faggots and didn't torture their test subjects and focus on SCIENCE! they wouldn't be so bad

>Slambo
>Veryidan

Where can I buy the thicc GW glue? Super-Attack kills my minis and the liquid one a shit.

Just buy normal super glue.

Is this a good list Veeky Forums? I'm playing a small Obj campaign, versing Sisters, IG (Men), Grey Knights, Tau (Farsight) and IG (Tanks). It's 1000pts to start, and then we go to 1500 and add Super Heavies. I'm playing Imperial Fists

Whole List 998pts

*** Battalion Detachment +3CP ***

HQ- 151pts

Captain - 76pts
Storm Bolter, Chainsword

Primaris Lieutenants - 74pts
Bolt Pistol, Stalker Bolt Rifle

Troops - 325pts

Intercessor Squad - 105pts
Auto Bolt Rifles

Intercessor Squad - 110pts
Stalker Bolt Rifles

Intercessor Squad - 110pts
Stalker Bolt Rifles

** Vanguard Detachment +1CP **

HQ- 90pts

Chaplain - 90pts
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Elites - 432pts

Sternguard Veterens - 90pts
Special Issue Boltgun

Vanguard Veterens - 99pts
Jump Packs
Sergeant - Power Sword, Storm Shield

Vanguard Veterans - 90pts
Jump Packs

Venerable Dreadnought - 153pts
Assault Cannon
CCWw/Storm Bolter

that doesn't look like slaanesh to me

does a transport with multiple units count as 3 units or 1 for the tallarn ambush strat?

>okay i want to play
>most of their models are decades old
>okay i'll play instead
>they're a horde and require hundreds of models
>okay i'll play instead
>too difficult to paint, have to settle for them looking shit
>mfw

but it rapes my minis and is dirty as fuck.

Khrone is the best. All he asks for is blood and as long as you keep th blood flowing he's got your back. How often do Slannesh and Tzeentch fuck their followers over, even thier most loyal ones? Slannesh will fuck you if it means more lulz for it, and Tzeentch, well his plans always require him to fuck you over so he can stay in control. Khrone just asks you to murder in return for his gifts to commit more murder.

the liquid is fine if you arent a mongoloid that gets fingerprints all over your model

Yes because it's Khorne.

All the new Necromunda models are a huge letdown for me, can't hold a candle to the originals at all. Hive Scum look kind of nice, though.
I don't like most of the new 40k models as well, it's saddening. Look at that SW model from Open Day and tell me it isn't totally bland and uninspired shit.

not really, the dark imperium models are made with their shoulders pre attached so only helmets can be swapped

This is how I ended up settling for tank-heavy IG.

oh shit, thanks man

Pretty nice details but yeah thick

I was talking about Plasma Rifles, which come on a platform that's as expensive as the entire Infantry squad combined for less point-for-point durability.

Ion weapons just turning into strictly inferior versions of Imperial plasma weaponry is just another slap in the face.

Then you're not buying normal super glue. It's clear and a dot will be all you need.

I still can't get over how stupid that pose looks.

Yes

it's fine if you want the minis break
This is plausible.

It's a homage to an iconic john blanche piece. You stupid fucking newfag.

He's a discount typhus if you don't want him to baby sit with pyschic buffs imo.

Still not cheap enough though. Typhus is stupid fucking good for what you get by paying 40 more.

Blood angel previews tomorrow?

>blanshitsu

You still need to pay for the weapon user unless I'm missing something.

So ? It still stupid.