"This Kills the Campaign"

A thread for those moments that end campaigns abruptly because I'm pretty sure I witnessed one of those moments last night.

>Spent over three hours last night listening to one of our players rant about the premise of our DM's homebrew because they didn't like the guild system and hierarchy we were involved in
>They just shot down all potential compromises while constantly bringing up how the campaign they DMed made sure to have all these minute details fleshed out: which was easy to say since it was a pre-written campaign from Wizards
>Wanted a retcon where the guild system was changed over, he got it because he just wouldn't relent
>Wanted a time rewind to a point earlier in the night when he passed over the official title of party leader to me because he realized the title didn't offer any special authority/importance and was just an honorary title in the old system
>New system meant the title of party leader had some authority/importance to it so he wanted the title back
>All of the things about being party leader would have meant nothing to his character, this was purely an out of character issue
>But he still got it

And we still played for two more hours with him being a cynical jerk towards a lot of what the rest of the table said. You could see the life in the DM's eyes slowly fade away at several points in the night. I really don't want to go back myself.

Punch him in his stupid fucking face

>Make a Paladin in an aDnD campaign.
>Tell everyone, hey my character is gana be a paladin, don't do evil stuff and avoid chaotic things.
>Party says ok and makes their Characters.
>Literally the first thing they do is use necromancy magic and evil daggers right in front of me.
>Guys my character would smite you if you don't stop.
>Them : god user why are you being so mean! We are trying to role play as totally good Characters. Stop oppressing us! Evil daggers and necromancy arnt bad!
That first session was really fucking bad and rough. They freed a massive Demon, made deals with an evil Man tiger wizzard/necromancer. And used soul stones.

Now I have to decide with wither killing my party or killing my character. Either they get triggered or i deal with the sad feels. What makes it worse is they don't even see the problem.

D7d couldn't be fucking easier and you still can't figure it out
literally just cooperate with your party, that's it
your one fucking job and instead your only instinct is interparty conflict

oh wait, it's a troll, duh. ya got me

Why the fuck would you let one guy dictate the campaign?

I think, all is simple here: fuck him off.

They used necromancy retard. It's rules as written that I have to stop them. Plus I made my character be a Paladin.
I shouldn't have to kill my character to server their magical realm of morality.

Im the one who made my character and told them what j was doing, they are the ones who did retarded shit.

I'm not a "grind the numbers fag" like you, I role play my characters in this role play game.

>create 7 int barbarian
>use cursed item
>do what the cursed item tells you to
>it tells you to murderhobo every questgiver, NPC and lvl 20 town guard you see because they're evil
>"lul cursed items aren't bad I'm totes playing a good character lel"

>wah why are the other players mad at me when I want to kill them for a pointless reason I made up in my own head?

Okay, user. I had a bit of an issue like this before. What it comes down to is the players putting their own motivations above the meta-necessity for a cohesive party. If you've tried talking to your group about it and have had no results then you've still got a few options:

1) Conform to group expectations and try to have fun anyway.

2) Create a new character that can coexist with the rest of the group.

3) Find a new group to play with.

>the player with the bard insists on everything he does being ironic lolsorandom dank memes and shitty anime references
>the player with the cleric made his backstory "i have amnesia" as an excuse to act like a literal retard and derail everything
>the player with the evil sorcerer does nothing at all
>I'm the only one who wants to actually play the game
>the GM has given up after months of planning and all players except me ditching the last session without warning

The worst part is my GM is a really cool guy and doesn't deserve players as shit as this

It saddens me that there are actually people this shitty inside this hobby
Like, my group has been together for years and I've recently joined (2 years ago is recent comparatively) and they're all great friends and have great characters

Same, never been party of a real blow out or 'that-guy' situation. Some serious cluster fucks and yelling matches to be sure (10 person year long story, even those where lolz in the end), but no real dumb shit or malice.

I feel rather lucky.

Fuck 'em. You opened up first about your character, they said "okay," then they went in the opposite direction like retards. It's not like you slung it at them unexpectedly--they agreed to it. For them to renege and then whine that you're being unreasonable because they're "just doing what their character would do XD" is bullshit of the highest order.

It's one thing to look at a party of evil PCs and go "y'know, I think I'll roll up a Paladin!" It's another to be upfront about it and then everyone else makes evil PCs after the fact just to piss you off. Something tells me that if YOU made a NE necromancer or whatever, the entire party would be Paladins and LG Clerics and other shit because it seems like they're a bunch of contrarian mouth-breathers.

Just ditch the group and find some actual adults to play with.

>All these fags
Cry harder bitches. Everyone that defended the shitheads user plays with can go deepthroat an 18" spiked dragon dildo.

>I let some autist walk all over me and ruin everything abloo bloo
People like you are the reason that people like him are still in the hobby. He cried and bitched and moaned like a child and you not only let him do it, you fucking REWARDED HIM for it. Next time just tell him to fucking leave.
Fuck I'm mad.

So whoever shouts first gets to unilaterally dictate to the other full grown adults what kinds of characters they have to make to fit around his own, otherwise he will ruin the game for everyone by having a tantrum?

That's the "adult" thing to do?

>Reading Comprehension
Bruh, OP isn't the DM. Don't know what you're on about.

>Playing as notTerrorists destabilizing an occupied country
>First guy plays as an agent, other player plays as a hitman, last guy plays as an actor in the local country's movie industry
>Actor guy doesn't even bother giving his character a full name
>Always asking if he can do shit his character has no skill doing, like silent takedowns and parkour
>Uses his high deceive skills on really awful lies that no one would ever believe like "I'm your cousin"
>GM does his best to make it so the terrible attempts don't get us all killed
>Eventually we meet our contact and actor guys proceeds to be obnoxious as fuck
>GM stops, tells us it's done, and deletes the discord

I get that it's fun to be outside the box, but fucking think for a second about what you're doing.

He didn't shout first, he gave fair warning as far what he wanted to play, the party said "okay" and then they decided to be stupid-evil characters anyways even after the guy warned him of what might happen.

Also, in 3.PF, Paladins are pretty much required by RAW to uphold the tenets of Lawful and Good at all times, which also includes bullshit like being unable to work with evil characters knowingly.

So the party pretty much decided to be contrarians and force the guy into either losing his class levels, killing the party, or getting himself killed. The issue could've easily been avoided by them actually making characters that wouldn't force this decision but fuck it, nobody on Veeky Forums is reasonable.

To be fair Adventurer's Guilds are cancer, especially if the have an explicit ranking system.

What system is that from?

Then don't join a fucking game with them. It's not hard.

As others have said, bowing to people just because they scream for it is leading to a lot of things that are wrong in today's world. He literally screamed and screamed like a child until he got his own way. And he was enabled for this.

As for myself. A Gm who is a control freak, who listens to internet celeb DMs more than his own players. Add in a group of people that all hate each other OOC and constantly passive-aggressively knife each other for every single thing in game and out while all mewling to have the DM spotlight upon them. This went on for a year and there was literally not a single spot of improvement amongst anyone or anything.

Worst of all? These people were my local group. My online games are perfect, but fuck me, local groups seem to be where all the dregs wash up.

I know that. I also know that he could have told the little shit to fuck off regardless. Obviously the DM had no spine, so OP had every right to say "everything is fine the way it is, and I'm having fun. You are not the DM for this game, and if you don't like how the DM is running things, either leave or shut the fuck up."
OP's silence in the matter makes him just as guilty as the DM.

>Rules as written.
Yea I wrote the aDnD player hand book.
A cursed item isn't something you pick it's something your givin. A character that your party Sid they would work with isn't the same in any way to your comparing.

I did try. I started by trying, and tried to work with them throughout it.
What I am going to so is basically kill this Character and get an OK from the DM to play it in a way that fits the party.

It still hurts that the other players where so dumb and couldn't make Characters who worked with a Paladin. Just don't get caught doing evil shit at a minimum!

Because he's great at dominating and manipulating conversations. He is an expert at deflecting criticisms back at people while prattling off a stream of logical fallacies that completely puts the other person on a confused defensive. Also he has a brother that quickly falls in line with what he says so he almost always has someone supporting what he has to say.

This wasn't even our first session. This was like our fifth or sixth. Basically the breakdown point was this:

>DM brings in a fifth player, no big deal
>Her backstory is that she was a slave to orcs when she was younger but she escaped and has been on her own for about seven years
>We find her at her house
>Player decides that if she were to join we need to burn down her house so that the orcs that according to the player haven't shown any signs of tracking her down for the last five years... they need to assume she's dead if they find her house in the middle of nowhere
>Myself, the new player and our ranger all think this is utterly pointless, he keeps pushing
>His character then suggests that my character sacrifice her animated skeleton minion to be a decoy dead body in the burned down house
>My character is adamant against this since she's still using the skeleton to research properties of life and death and it was her first re-animated skeleton, she has a personal attachment to it
>He starts saying that's I'm being difficult and unreasonable both in-character and out-of-character even though his character is a Wizard that is obsessed with learning new things
>Ranger brings up how a majority of the group disagrees with this burning down the house plan because it's pointless and puts the entire forest at risk
>Player starts saying how he's the party leader (A title he just demanded at the start of the campaign) and what he has to say goes

I barely understand what you're bitching abou-
Oh it's an adventurers guild shitpost thread. Carry on

This isn't a case of someone bringing a character to the table and demanding everyone kowtow to him. This is him brining the character up, everyone saying OK, then everyone turning around and making Edgy McEvilpants: The Sociopath With No Sense of Subtlety.

The adult thing to do would have been for the other players to say "hey, I wanted to do a more edgy/evil thing; maybe drop the Paladin?" The party okay'd the Paladin before making characters they knew wouldn't mesh with it.

I'll spell it out for you again in case it hasn't sunk in yet: THE OTHER PLAYERS ACCEPTED THE PALADIN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED. THEN THEY MADE AND PLAYED CHARACTERS THAT COULD NOT COOPERATE AT ALL WITH ANY VARIETY OF PALADIN. At no point did they voice their concerns. At no point did they communicate their intentions like adults. At no point did they even play Evil characters in a drama-promoting way (brutally pragmatic, selfish, etc., anything that works with a cooperative Paladin), instead opting for blatant lolrandumb Evil.

No, the adult thing to do is to say "actually, we don't think we're gonna play the kind of characters that would work alongside a paladin, so maybe you'd prefer to play something else or we can work together to create a functional party"

Adventurer's Guilds are fine, it's the contrarians who fuck everything up by questioning every minor element when the focus of the game is taking jobs and killing monsters for money and status.
>inb4 le vidya argumentz
Tabletop gaming and Video games are linked, one influenced the other and trying to separate one medium's conventions from the other is why most tabletop games barely feel like games anymore.

>Adventurer's Guilds are fine
Kill yourself

>No argument

We've had probably three months worth of the same arguments repeated again and again, with you retards refusing to aknowleding a thing we say. I'm not doing this shit again.

So, kill yourself.

>Adventurer's Guilds are fine, it's the contrarians who fuck everything up by questioning every minor element
What's wrong with wanting your world to make sense? If the DM can't answer the question of why an Adventuerer's Guild exists, why have it?

I personally don't like them just because "Adventurer" seems like a really fucking vague thing to have a guild dedicated to. I'd probably have multiple smaller guilds with more specialized focuses personally. Like the Church, a Magic Guild, a Brawler's Guild, etc. Thieves Guild would exist in theory, but wouldn't be public about it for obvious reasons.

There's one thing left to do: find new players who aren't tossers.

It's just so immersion breaking and gamey. It's the embodiment of a plot device, just there because the DM couldn't think of a more logical way to give out quests and keep players in line. I suppose it's fine for a silly drop in and play game but I prefer my roleplaying to have more weight

>what is reading comprehension

>Yea I wrote the aDnD player hand book.
O wow do I have questions for you.

You're right, it's been 3 months of "I don't like it therefore it's dumb and doesn't work!"
It's simple enough to justify Adventurer's Guilds if you have even the slightest modicum of imagination and suspense of disbelief. You just autistically refuse to for some reason, like a child screaming that a dragon would crumple under its own weight.

>I prefer worldbuilding for mental masturbation about shit no one cares about
Thank god you sorted out the rain shadow of the mountains on the other side of the planet, though.

Bottom line is everyone gets to make whatever character appeals to them. he doesn't outrank them or have special privileges over them.

Paladinboy is clearly just having a little pity party, read his post again, you can tell he's the kind of self-loathing person playing the victim, being paranoid and interpreting the other players having fun as personal attacks on him when no one else has a problem, using the whole "i'm a paladin" thing as an excuse, couldn't be more obvious

somehow it's ok to be the guy literally threatening to kill the other PCs, that's like the most basic shit in D&D I can think of is "teamwork"

>it's only one person against many.
Adventurerguilds-fags are so obnoxious, their internet should be cut forever so they can't shitpost.

>It's simple enough to justify Adventurer's Guilds if you have even the slightest modicum of imagination and suspense of disbelief.
But why on earth would I want to

>running d&d 3.5
>goal is to overthrow the group of bad guys running the city
>players are slowly learning about them and trying to figure out what to do
>the archer enters a tournament and meets lady-bad-guy who isn't that bad
>archer sleeps with her and ends up dating her
>he doesn't know who she is at this point
>eventually they get engaged and she tells him everything
>agrees to help them overthrow evil government
>they're in love
>he's going to tell party everything and use her intel to get some of the bad guys
>before he can, another party member finds out the truth about her
>tells an npc who is a fucking spy
>npc tells him to kill her in a way that I try to make clearly suspicious and weird, hoping they'll be like 'why would he say that..hmmm'
>he tells everybody in the party and implies the archer(who is a PC!) might be betraying them as well
>they all go along with this
>plan an attack that will kill the npc lady and capture the pc to question him
>"hey guys so maybe we should take a hiatus..."

never played again. fuck that player tho

You're all spastics. Stop posting

Who are you quoting, cause it certainly wasn't me.

Make us.

Kill them all. I'm serious.

I kind of agree, if two players want to make evil pcs then the paladin needs to change.

But they didn't tell him. They let him get to session 1 with a paladin and acted like their shit shouldn't be a problem.

...However, I'm of the opinion that paladins shouldn't be such autistic fucking assholes. The important thing is to get along as a party and work towards a goal. It's everybody's job to make a character who can work with others and get over their prejudices.

Well you're not reading fucking shakespere. Who cares? You don't like it you dm

I really like what Dungeon Fantasy does with guilds. There are fifteen types of guilds--ranging from traditional mercenary companies and actual craftsman guilds to secret societies and extended family clans that just use the same rules for guilds--and each type has its own benefits of membership, requirements of members, goals, makeup, etc. Keep in mind this is for Dungeon Fantasy, which gleefully dispenses with realism and politics in favor of OSR goals of killing monsters and taking their stuff.

Because they're a bunch of weak willed pussy faggots.
>Because he's great at dominating and manipulating conversations. He is an expert at deflecting criticisms back at people while prattling off a stream of logical fallacies that completely puts the other person on a confused defensive. Also he has a brother that quickly falls in line with what he says so he almost always has someone supporting what he has to say.

Yep bunch of push overs incapable of standing up for themselves.

Here's the thing though: If there's a need for a standing supply of armed forces to do adventuring, why isn't there a standing army that does exactly that? Adcenturer's Guilds are a retarded concept.

I hate them partly because they don't make sense, and every DM I've played with that had them just used them as an excuse to have literal armies of level 20 NPCs to keep us on a railroad.

Armies of level 20 NPCs who were always around and had the free time to nearly wipe our party because we decided to go chekc out some ruins the DM didn't want us to yet, but apparently too busy to do something about the level 10 Necromancer about to end the world with...something he was always really fucking vague about. he never actually told us what the Necromancer was doing, even while we were stopping it.

Sorry we don't all have 8" penisis and 160 IQ like you do shitposter-kun. I admire your no-doubt very-real virility and manliness you're putting on display for us lowly plebs on this Mongolian basketweaving forum. You must be an unstoppable juggernaut of confidence and personality IRL!

You were all good until the end.

Paladins are what they are. You’re either playing one the way they work, or you’re not playing one. A good handful of classes have restrictions, but as a lawful class, it’s not unreasonable to see those restrictions given more particularities and taken more seriously. While a goal of cooperation is admirable, it isn’t feasible at the game level because players refused to cooperate and communicate before that point was reached.

It's in the rules of the game you fucking dipshit. Also the entire game is made up in your own head. Isn't that the reason you millenial fucks have given for reducing roleplaying games to a fucking sad joke, and pissing on anyone who says otherwise with aimless insults deriding them for taking the hobby seriously, when RPGs are supposed to ONLY be about having fun and doing edgy shit in the campaign world and getting nat20s to do hilarious stuff. Yeah god forbid a guy actually roleplays his character the way the book tells him to, instead of making a dwarf cleric of beer ("LMAO classic man!") or some edgy Bloodborne or Dark Scrolls rip-off that no one gives a fuck about. Fuck these little video-game-addicted cunts running around in D&D games nowadays, they just want to do the same kind of tard-fuckery you do in Skyrim, where you jack off on the guard captain then run away until his AI resets then go back and do it again, until he's a fucking crackly walking jizz statue and you can laugh and post the screenshot on Reddit for mucho upvotes! And then you encounter this guy trying to actually roleplay a character, except his character doesn't want to deal with your stupid edgy shit that has no consistency or motivation to it besides "my parents are dead", and you shit all over him with "well it's what my character would do! why are you trying to prevent me from ROLEPLAYING!"

Shut the fuck up you worthless fucking speck of shit. You are not roleplaying. You never have been, you never were. You are just using RPGs as an outlet for the edgy shit you're too much of a pussy to do in real life. It's fucking pathetic. I am so sick of the random-lulz skyrim-playing shitters like you who have fucked up this hobby. I remember one of you jackasses playing a meme video when you guys had to return from a fight and cutting off what I was saying. I bet you're just like him, user. Fucking neck yourself. I hope you get splattered by a truck.

Were it so easy

you gonna be allright fella?

>Well you're not reading fucking shakespere so you better have literally 0 quality standards and just pile my shit into your mouth.
What's it like being an unmotivated lazy twat? I bet you use tryhard as an insult for people who give even a modicum of shit about what they're doing, because you couldn't be assed.

Tenra Basra Zero. A pretty fun system for some one shots or short campaigns, system falls apart if you keep a character much longer than that.

>What's wrong with wanting your world to make sense?
Because after a point, it just sounds like nitpicking for the sake of having something to complain about, rather than a genuine question being asked because you're curious about how the setting works.

You're members of an adventurer's guild, adventurer's guilds have jobs that you can take for money, doing a good job consistently raises your reputation/rank, which means that you'll be hired for more dangerous missions that also have a bigger payout.

There really isn't that much else that needs to be explained and most people don't bother asking because they want to play the game, earn loot, and kill monsters.

>Millennial
You probably mean post-millennial. Millennials came of age in the early 00s, meaning that they're almost all in their late 20s to early 30s. However, most people use "millennial" as a stand-in for "dumb teenager," which nine times out of ten is aimed at someone that was still a baby (if that) in the early 00s. Most people are starting to use the term GenZ or iGen for the youth of today.

For fuck's sake, I've been out of college for like five years--I have my own house and I pay my taxes on time. Stop trying to lump in the kids I teach with my generation.

I'm sorry you think standing up for yourself is some unachievable and silly goal someone would brag about on the internet. By all means keep being as much of a loser as possible user, no skin off my back.
Though maybe next time you could insult me in an original way. Bit of a shame you went for the basic cookie cutter response while thinking someone else is a shit poster.

Whatever the kids in the 15 to 24 demographic are. They are overrunning the hobby and ruining it.

In my experience, the term of choice for anyone that cares about their hobby is "autist." Give your tiny men pretty paint jobs? Autist. Do any degree of workdbuilding, or worse do any degree of research for a historical game? Autist. Want rules that don't suck dick? Double autist AND you're a filthy rollplayer.

Faux intellectuals like you are the worst part of any community. Now don't get me wrong, retards and normies fuck up shit too but at least they don't scoff at the conventions that the hobby was built upon and then pat themselves on the back for being better than the people who just sit down and want to play a game as a recreational activity.

Sure, it's a plot device, but that's mean that it's bad just because you don't like it.

This. The “millennial generation” are all adults already. It’s more or less the people born before 2000, who were growing up in the late 80s, the 90s, and the early 2000s.

>throw your trained and heavily-invested-in armed forces into the meat grinder that is monster slaying
>spread your military thin inside your own borders
Or you could just privatize it and subsidize with government incentives for less cost to both your national security and budget. It isn't impossible for the government to take over and militarize it, but asking why they don't is like asking why the government doesn't own every business. Besides there's more to it than just monster slaying; the info on who/what/when/where the monsters are and the supplies used in hunting them would be privatized regardless.

>Still no argument
Chances are your argument was shit anyways and you got BTFO'd so many times that you stopped trying.

Bravo user, people told me that autistics don't know when to stop but you've proven yourself to be within the top 1% of your compatriots.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

That crosses generations. That’s like, young millennials and oldest gen Z.

>When they take the bait just right

Post-millennial or GenZ or iGen. Stop calling everyone "millennial" like it's an insult--it's infantalizing an age group that's been a part of the workforce for a decade at this point. It's just as dumb as referring to anyone over the age of 40 as "baby boomer"; that label applies to a select age group, and using it as a general insult for "dumb/hypocritical old person" is inaccurate and stupid.

So, here's the thing. You presumably didn't lose class abilities for staying with them. You know they are doing things that are evil, as defined by the game. They, and it would seem the DM as well, are not working off of that definition. Talk to the DM to find out what actually is and isn't evil, and that you're having very severe issues with just guessing about what is a core part of your class. If it's also relevant, point out how it's a core part of the character as well. You need to either have an understanding where the DM will specifically give you heads up if things start twisting to in-campgaign evil and otherwise completely ignore that aspect, work with the DM to provide a channel for demonstrating the difference so the party knows as well (and I mean actively work with the DM, don't just take a minor suggestion and run with it), or make another character. Honestly, you probably don't even need more than a sentence or two about them wandering off it sounds like; the party will just adjust if a new person drops in.

OP here. In all honesty I was caught a little off-guard because it was the first time he ever got that way in a tabletop game. He knows I don't play multiplayer video games with him because he has a history of getting that way but we've done a lot of tabletop shit where he's perfectly fine. I think I'm just going to ride out this campaign and then cut off most interaction with him because it just isn't worth it anymore.

There's caring and then there's trying to lord superiority over other members of the hobby because they don't try to turn a simple game of D&D into something it's not.

In my experience, people like you who fall into the latter don't actually care about the hobby, you only care about appearing smarter than everyone else in the room for questioning every inane detail just to say "hahah, you see, he doesn't have an answer for everything, checkmate atheist!"

Do they even have those restrictions in D&D 5e? idk what op was playing but really, those kinds of rules should be lax. All PC's should get along generally. If they're evil then he needs to be able to tolerate them for the greater good and maybe try to preach to them during down time. Make saving their souls his mission. There's two ways to paladin and one of them is annoying for literally everyone else. The other is interesting and doesn't hold things up.

Just because the GM was shit doesn't mean that the concept was flawed. Chances are, if adventurer's guilds weren't available to him, he'd probably find some other reason to explain why you're under the thumb of level 20 characters who couldn't be arsed to save the world from devastation.

I think their playing AD&D

You should give your character sheet over to your dad and have him run it as a reoccurring antagonist to your party while you make a new player.

It's what I did after my paladin who explicitly detested paganism found himself in a party who decided to go ahead and join in with the witches we were fighting.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being tryhard. I think there's something wrong with being a pretentious asshole who shits on other people's games. *You* are the one telling people to stop liking what you don't like, not the other way around. Go ahead and write your campaign in iambic pentameter. I don't care. Just don't come down on people who like casual dungeon crawls at the same time.

>playing Vampire: the Requiem
>ST is so bad it's funny
>plot is "you just got Embraced, deal with it faggot"
>first feeding is an entire session
>one hour solo RP with each player while the others watch
>one player fails to feed due to some monumentally stupid STing
>demands to be staked before he frenzies
>the ST says his Sire deems him a failure
>player points out that she fucked up choosing a Childe so she's a bigger failure
>ST goes into monologue mode about how nobody will tell him how to run a game and he will demands respect (sic)
>kicks all of us from the chat

I'm sad because this was the same game where the Vampire canon according to him included Jesus Christ being the first vampire and the Jews shipping vampires to the USA in the 1800s.

>Hey guys, i'm gonna make a by the book paladin. is that okay?
>Yeah, sure go ahead user

That right there is a tacit agreement to dealing with a paladin. There was no issues, no malice, nothing. He asked if he could, and they said okay.

Then THEY went around and decided to be evil fucks.

Just because they outnumber him doesn't mean they were in the right. They agreed to dealing with a paladin as a paladin usually is, and then went right back around to create something wholly incompatible.

You can say whatever you want about paladin user, but at the same time, he is not the one that instigated the issue.

5e doesn't have Paladins.
There are a hundred ways to play Paladin.
Being anything but LG isn't one of the ways. Next thing you we got succubus paladins and anti-paladin assimars and Oni players.

If you want this much free form don't call.it DnD or refer to it as any other written system.

My dad doesn't play.
But I tried that with the DM and he didn't take to it. I'm gana try bringing it up again with more discussion as to why. I'll see how he takes it.

Not even to mention less than savory jobs, jobs that require special skill sets, jobs that require a very small group of people, or jobs that could present a diplomatic issue with a neighboring country if carried out by an armed military force.

Armies are a powerful thing, but its not always the right kinda strength for a situation

Or maybe don't be an insufferable grognard

Thanks.

Still though. The two evil guys suck for telling him it's ok to make the paladin and then turning up with evil shit. That sucks for paladin, he could have made something else etc. However, the paladin is outnumbered and needs to adapt. He needs to be fairly chill and come up with a reason why his character is sticking around.

When your character is faced with a dilemma like this you need to justify their staying with the party and following the campaign's plot. Obviously you shouldn't go against your conscience entirely but you can make allowances. People change and people put up with people/things they don't want to for a lot of reasons. I just hate when players say "WELL MY CHARACTER HAAAATES ELVES SO HE'S LEAVING" and shit. Like.. really? How about "my character hates elves but he still wants to get to the place for the thing so he's gonna put up with it and pretend to be nice for now since he doesn't really have a choice." or "my character is starting to realize that maybe not all elves are bad."

Players tend to pick the option that ruins the game and forces everyone to make way for them. It's a form of attention grabbing sometimes, but sometimes it's a lack of creativity.

>5e doesn't have Paladins.
They clearly do though.
>There are a hundred ways to play Paladin.
and that's a bad thing? Not being shackled to a lawful-stupid archtype that runs against the premise of the system is a bad thing?
>Being anything but LG isn't one of the ways.
Ah, I got it, you're a "it's different, so it sucks" flavor of autist.

The Paladin's code says that you cannot aid Evil.

If you're working against them from the inside, pretending to be their friend/ally, then you're not really aiding them, are you?

This could even lead to a great moment later in the campaign:
>"Wait, you've been working against us the whole time?"
>>"Yes."
>"But you're our ally! Paladins can't lie!"
>>"Did I ever actually say I was your ally?"

>hey my character is gana be a paladin, don't do evil stuff and avoid chaotic things.
>Guys my character would smite you if you don't stop.

What a victim, how dare the other players not obey him

What are you referring to? I said a few things in my post and your comment doesn't seem to relate to any of them

>What I am going to so is basically kill this Character and get an OK from the DM to play it in a way that fits the party.

Glad I'm not in this game, jesus...

Paladin code explicitly prevents you from allying yourself with evil forces. If he doesn't do something about the evil characters, he faces the possibility of falling.

So it's a lose-lose situation regardless.

If the character sticks around it'll basically die. aDnD isn't gentle when it comes to playing a Paladin like a not Paladin.

It'll require changing the rules as written.

If they weren't evil then they wouldn't be dealing with this bullshit. Hell, if they'd just said "we're playing evil characters, please change," then they could've stopped this shit before it became an issue as well.

Being a good person does not require killing evil people.

He could try to understand why necromancy isn't entirely evil. Maybe convince the necromancer that the lack of consent isn't ok, and get him to have people sign contracts.

He could teach the guy with evil weapons that they're corrupting him and offer to buy him better weapons that aren't evil.

A holy, good person should be totally fine giving up some worldly possessions to save a soul.

The issue here isn't what the paladin did. The situation could be completely reversed, and he could have made a completely evil character.

But the others in the group said "Okay". That means they accept the consequences of it. Nothing more or less. Their agreement and then subsequent 180 is the issue, not the fact that he was playing a paladin.

Hundred of ways to play a Paladin is good. I thought that was clear.

>Hey user can I play a Paladin succubus?
Literally 0 written settings that is possible. Sometimes if you go to far from the norm it's literally retarded. 5e dosnt really have Paladins, it has knights who can act kinda like paladins.