/swg/ Tacticool Edition

Last Thread: →

Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Civil_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Civil_War/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ederlathh_Pallopides
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In universe what kind of upgrades would the CIS need to reach civil war specs? Like in last thread the mentioned AU idea for the clone wars stretching out longer

>Death Troopers
>Tacticool

Thats cute

Actually fucking Commando Droids have showed more competence and tactical intelligence

In fairness commando droid are pretty well made, storm troopers are a massive down grade from clones in terms of objective quality

So what was the point of Garrick being her father? When he revealed they are going to glass their own homeworld why wasn't he at least a little bit sympathetic and tried to convince her it was all for the good of the Empire instead of going full "respect mah authoritay!"? Why even send her on the mission if he suspected she was going to desert? Why send another guy with the intent of killing her; his own fucking daughter? It seems like the only reason why they are related is to have forced daddy issues in the plot because every single thing nowadays has to be daddy issues related. This was all so stupid.

Breaking news, EA makes shitty plot.

The whole story is jam-fucking-full of plot holes and characters passing around the idiot ball, and doing stuff because of reasons that don't make sense.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Civil_War
the virgin civil dispute
>lasts 5 years
>only battles are the ones in the movies
>its literally just angelic good guys vs demonic evil people
>led to a disarmed demilitarized galaxy

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Civil_War/Legends
The Chad Galactic Civil War
>lasts over 20 years
>lots of interesting battles
>lots of varying leaders
>created hard men

whats the virgin clone wars and chad clone wars?

There's almost no Clone Wars in the nuEU so it's hard to tell.

I think they're pretty much the same in both timelines so they ought to be about equal levels of virgin and Chad. Disney really shit the bed on the New Canon's GCW.

Clone Wars is so baller that Disney decided to use TCW 2008 as its base for clone wars lore

Yeah yeah I know 2003 which is cool and all but 2008 is fucking cool too

I like both, and Legends wise 2008 and 2003 Clone Wars series could easily fit together.

I don't understand why they didn't just use most of Legends as the base and then cut out shit they don't want to use. Instead they fucked up the primary conflict that the entire franchise is based on.

Its more of

>The Chad Clone Wars
>The Virgin Rebels

Actually if you pay close attention to TCW 2008 mostly in season 1 they do a couple call backs to 2003 making some of it canon.

>Obi Wan/Anakin designs were essentially their 2003 designs
>Ventress's personal ship was the one in 2003
>Ventress makes a call back to her duel with Anakin on Yavin

They were even going to put Durge in the series but Lucas wanted a new bounty hunter so they made Cad Bane.

>
>They were even going to put Durge in the series but Lucas wanted a new bounty hunter so they made Cad Bane.

and thank goodness for that.

I ask, why not both?

They never brought in the hotrod sadly, but I guess it did blow up.

Personally, I find Durge to be comically edgy.

They were gonna put fucking Alpha 17 from the Dark Horse comics as the main clone character but Lucas said he did not like how 3 main characters name started with the letter A so they changed it with adding Rex and had Alpha 17 trained Rex.

In a way that's kinda the appeal, as long as he's the one sticking out

I really like the racing pod-esque look of it, but the wing fins look really wimpy.

Those are breaks I think, here's how it normally looks in flight.

Does Lucas have autism?

There is actually one bit of clone wars lore in nuEU and it almost feels like something out of the old one

>Random 501st medic from the TV show
>one of the episodes had an ARC trooper tell him the bathroom to look into something about chips in their brains
>ARC Trooper dies so the medic decides to look into the matter
>finds out about order 66
>Dooku knows this orders his capture and torture to see if he told anyone else
>wanted to do it personally and says to put him in cyro statsis
>CIS ship crashes with them medic still sleeping
>50 Years pass and the crimson corsair finds him

The whole chips in their brain meme is so shit, I just ignore it. Clones are literally bred to be mindless soldiers where even if they gain a personality, it doesn't mean shit, you still follow your programming in the end. Brainwashing is literally seen in the movies, but they're saying technology can't have gone that far? Stupid. Funny thing is it was added under Disney's tenure, to go that 'Da Clonez were good guyz all along they just had no choice!' and erase any moral ambiguity.

>and erase any moral ambiguity

Disney's entire business model relies on family-friendly moral non-ambiguity for the age 4-12 audience. It was an easy decision for them.

Chips make sense for clones who got a little to close to their jedi like Rex/Cody

Plus I like the idea that the Contingency Orders were all very well known, the Jedi just didn't think much of it because the way Order 66 works is that it is to eliminate the commanding officer should he or she start acting against the interests of the Republic.

>In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.

It says nowhere that it'd be used against the entirety of the Jedi, and it doesn't include any Sith voodoo in it, hell the Order preceding it, Order 65, is about the elimination of the Chancellor should HE start acting against the Republic's interests. So again, I like the idea that the Jedi were fully aware and just didn't think much of it. Maybe even supported it to deal with Jedi that may have turned to the Dark Side.

You can be loyal to your programming WITHOUT being a zombie. It's how it worked in Legends, and was more morally ambiguous in that these guys that are practically your friends are ready to kill you in an instant. There was even one instance that I forget exactly, but it was a conversation between a Jedi General and a Clone Commander, where the clone says he'd strike against him without hesitation if he acts against his orders.

Also Lucas himself says it wasn't anything to do with direct brainwashing but with military orders, so I'm not sure how the whole chip thing took off. Oh that's right, it happened after the fucking Disney buyout.

>When Revenge of the Sith was released, some sources stated that Order 66 was preprogrammed into the clone troopers. However, George Lucas has stated that it was a "last resort" order, not preprogrammed. The order preceding Order 66 is Order 65, which stated that the Supreme Chancellor (had Palpatine not won the seat) would be removed from office by the GAR if the Galactic Senate declared him unfit for duty.

Wow Lucas had a better idea, neat
Anyway I recall one of the reasons it worked so well was that most Jedi never sensed any malice, fear or other anomolous feelings, just a clone following their orders without hatred or hesitation.

Course that can't be universal, granted I like the idea of the chip being there as a just incase measure, most wouldn't need it but it's there as insurance

Not much really, just a basic spec up of weapons and maybe some armor upgrades

>Does Lucas have autism?
Is it even a question at this point?

I'm rather certain he's on the spectrum.

>the Crimson Corsair
Literally the only good thing in the ST era

>install the XCom 2 Clone uniforms, voices, and guns mods
>go to play

>open /swg/ whilst loading
>Tacticool General
Muh dick

Just beat the Battlefront II story (thank you Redbox).

The main character and some fugly Brit named Meeko are Rey's parents.

>storm troopers are a massive down grade from clones in terms of objective quality
Kaminoan clones, sure, but Spaarti clones are a grab bag of retardation that can make Filoni Stormtroopers look like Delta Force.

Didn't Thrawn fix the retardation with Ysalamir? I always thought they were retarded because they were made in a month.

I do not believe you.

So Veeky Forums, what are you looking forward to the next X-wing wave?

TIE Silencer
BSF-17 Bomber
M-12 Kimogila
XG-1 Alpha Class Star Wing (ASSAULT GUNOAT)
Sheathipide Suttle

I'm probably going to get a set of 2 Gunboats and a silencer to start, as I'll probably be running double Gunboat+Ace (Quickdraw, Vader or Soontir most likely) or lists with only one silencer- If double silencer is somehow useful, I might get a second, and I might get a third gunboat if they are fun.

For cards, all I really need is a set of 1-2 scrambler missiles, and 1-2 Cybernetics- One so I can have a PTL Shadowcaster have a "Fuck it, all or nothing" turn where i reveal a K-turn and PTL when stressed for 4 stress in one round.

Question for you guys- Is Contraband Cybernetics good on Brobots? Either PTL+Asensors or Crackshot Brobots.

Yeah, he did, but that was late in the history of Spaarti cloning and few writers really touched on Spaarti cloning post-Thrawn. As far as we know, the historical majority of Spaarti clones were probably of the full retard variety.

>almost no clone wars in the nueu
you know other than that 100+ episode tv show

To be fair most of those were done before the Disney takeover. They are old EU that happens to be canon.

>added under Disney's tenure
Spawned from Clone Wars eps prior to the buyout.
The same Clone Wars that had multiple clone traitors, deserters, blind followers to their own death, and blue on blue fetishists.
But you'll dismiss all this to continue to ree about the mouse-shaped monster under the bed so carry on.

>old eu that happens to be canon
>zero connection with connecting old eu plotlines, sometimes outright contradicting (irrelevant in the grand scheme since nothing in the old eu was 'canon' to begin with.)
>is the single largest piece of star wars media that IS actually canon
Even willfully ignoring the fact talks were already in effect to scrap the EU and start from scratch as early as immediately post-ROTS, calling it old EU is laughable.

>brainwashing is literally seen in the movies
You mean the kind that didn't work and caused the main character of TFA to defect from an organization he's been a part of all his life?
That brainwashing?

>The same Clone Wars that had multiple clone traitors, deserters, blind followers to their own death, and blue on blue fetishists.
Legends as a whole have deserting clones. I have literally no problem with that nor the case of them in TCW pre-chip. My main problem is with the chip, because it's retarded.

I mean mind trick, which is a form of direct control of the brain.

It predates the purge by several years. It's old EU.

If I collected Imperials I would definitely get a missile boat, maybe two, but since I only play Rebels I'm probably just going to skip this wave entirely. Sheathipede I think is lame and the Bomber I think is dogshit and will only ever see play in really fucking boring ways, namely just as barebones generics for having fuckloads of health and a primary turret.

>Sheathipede I think is lame

15. Point. Coordinate.

>the chip is retarded
>Literally millions of dudes unanimously deciding to murder their COs without any significant group going 'ayy let's maybe not do that' because.... reasons I guess? isn't
>mind trick
Remind me when that's worked for a significant extended period of time again?

It's more new EU than it ever was old EU.
And regardless if you consider it old EU that doesn't make it also NOT new EU.

I like how even with the chip the clones still say "all good soldiers follow orders"

>>Literally millions of dudes unanimously deciding to murder their COs without any significant group going 'ayy let's maybe not do that' because.... reasons I guess?
Entire squads go rogue in Legends. Their ties to their old commanders and them slowly becoming less useful in the Jedi Purge is why they turned to regular recruits.

>any significant group
And the latter bit's still the case for canon, don't know why you're bringing that up.

Oh god Republic Commando shit dont remind me.

Why was Delta Squad the only good team?

Good in what way? They were the dingbats who stayed loyal despite how much they clearly hated the direction things were going

>Republic Commando shit
Wasn't just RepCom. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, one RC team dismissed 66 out of disbelief. They thought it was the enemy sending false orders rather than a legit message from Palps.

Isn't that why he sent the order personally to anyone of significant rank?

Granted that amuses me as Kalani similarly ignored the orders to shut down his droids out of similar disbelief

CIS remnants are tragically underused. I'm going to miss that colony of Vulture droids.

The RCs were in the middle of an active warzone, so presumably they thought the Seppos were false-flagging to fuck with them.
>Execute Order 66.
>Fuck off, CIS shill. Shitposters these days, I swear. Can't even convincingly impersonate the Chancellor.

Death Troopers are literally the SS: They look cool and scary, but in reality they're just a bunch of overpaid pencil pushers with sadism issues who have probably never been in actual combat.

In NuCanon there's something called the New Separatist Union and another called the Confederacy of Corporate Systems. They happen at around the time the Empire falls. We have no idea if they have any relation to the old CIS.

>Confederacy of Corporate Systems
>tfw nucanon is focused on the NR-FO war
>tfw we'll never get to see wacky Space Ancap shenanigans in the CCS

If I was going rebels, I'd get at least 1, as the sheer power of coordinate is great, as is FA Astro.

The Rebels and scum get so much shit that would be everywhere if Empire had access to it. This stuff is good.

>The whole story is jam-fucking-full of plot holes and characters passing around the idiot ball, and doing stuff because of reasons that don't make sense.

Great summary of Nucanon as a whole.

CompForce are the SS. Death Troopers are basically Royal Guard but for high-ranking officers, mixed with Space Marines going by how its noted that they're genetically enhanced in some way.

Now do the meme but with a Vulture Droid instead.

Genuine Question:
How the fuck does the New Order still have Sienar on the payroll? You'd have figured the New Republic would have begun to confiscate all their assets soon as the Empire was declared dead on paper.

The Nu Republic is run by retards and traitors. Leia was among the few people who kept saying the happening was coming and nobody listened.

NuCanon is full of retarded shit and missed opportunities. Like Battlefront II's story could've been trying to fight a guerilla war and save as many of your Imperial comrades as possible from the insane Admirals following Cinder as well as defending against the New Republic who are too busy using Cinder as a propaganda move against the Empire than actually saving anyone. Instead its Rebellion good guys game #142423

Don't worry Rebelfags, I'd have also liked if we had a wholly Rebel campaign, or have a bunch of willing Rebs join up Inferno Squad to work against Cinder and save innocent Imperials, Metal Gear style, would be a way to showcase some Rebel classes of troopers too.

Also, Death Troopers are really good at killing rebels.

>Old Republic: does some good things but also fucks up a lot and collapses
>Galactic Empire: does some good things but also fucks up a lot and collapses
>New Republic: does some good things but also fucks up a lot and collapses
>Galactic Alliance: does some good things but also fucks up a lot and collapses

How do we fix the galactic government boys?

I propose three potential solutions:
>Remove the galactic government
>Balkanize the galaxy
>Garm and Pellaeon team up as running mates for the next election season

Break governance up into smaller regions that can react to regional threats and form a loose confederation with mutual trade agreements to keep commerce flowing and mutual defense agreements to fend off greater threats, but otherwise keep power somewhat decentralized compared to how they've been trying to do it.

De-centralise, we need a galactic U.N. not a Galactic government.

So basically the Old Republic working as intended.

It was brought up in the old thread.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ederlathh_Pallopides

Galactic Empire with a constitutional monarch and a Senate, but with checks on the Senate so its not allowed to do retarded shit like start disarming the entire Galaxy. Checks on the monarch too.

Alternatively, let the Imps have their own state of systems that vote for them. Let the Rebs do the same. Everyone else goes independent and is allowed to form local systems/sectorial/regional governments at their leisure. In short, this To successfully rule something as big as the SW Galaxy, you either need to be semi-authoritarian but not to retarded mustache twirling levels so you have the Galaxy revolt against you, or decentralize into smaller regional nations and end the idea of a galactic government ran from Coruscant.

>"We're bringing you a campaign from the Imperial perspective!" less than 15% of the game is imperial
>iden in one scene is super loyal and enthusiastic for the imperial cause and in the next scene is killing hundreds of her former friends without batting an eye
>leia makes her her bodyguard despite iden having killed hundreds of rebels a few scenes earlier

It's some of the most mind boggling writing I've ever seen in a Star Wars game. Not since Force Unleashed has a game made this much nonsense.

>get their shit pushed in by untrained rebels the whole movie
>"really good at killing rebels"

Death Troopers were also a totally wasted opportunity.

>get their shit pushed in by untrained rebels the whole movie
Did they? I remember them landing on Scarif and being operator as fuck.

Not only that but their marketing was deceptive. They stated the story would focus on the Imperial side of the war, instead we got yet another "ACTUALLY I'VE REALIZED THE EMPIRE IS EVIL" story that doesn't make any sense from what we know about the characters.

I wanted to play as a bitter elderly space Nazi commando, damn it.

Good at killing rebels for Imperials. I know it's not saying much, but it's something.

>tfw you'll never get to see an elderly Boss go on one last mission

That's what actually bothers me, not that it was a defector story because those are a staple but deceptive marketing really fucks me the wrong way.

I don't get why they were so reluctant to just make an Imperial game.

some say Disney but I dont know kids surely prefer Storm Troopers right? Rebel soldiers have always looked bland even the CIS has more of a fan base

R1's Vietnam Rebels looked pretty fucking neat. I hope we get more US/NATO infantry aesthetics for Johnny Reb in the future.

That's basically what the legends NR was doing before getting vong'd

Also kind of new-canon could be like that if it get's fleshed out a bit, we know they had a weak centralised military but I think local systems were free to have defence forces?

Oh shit, is that on the steam workshop? Looks like I'm downloading XCOM 2 again.
>For the Republic

The Republic is a very shitty customer compared to the Empire, so KDY, Sienar and what have you all secretely back the FO.

Legends NR was still a centralized government. Early GA was a try at decentralized governance, though the Imps and Hapans ditched it so it just became NR 2.0

It does seem to work fairly well when you aren't dealing with an extragalactic invasion.

Systems and planets were often allowed to have their own defense fleets even under Imperial rule in the EU.
Usually without any hyper drives though, so completely useless for anything but defense.

Yeah, there's a couple - one with the uniforms, one with some Phase 1 helmets rather than the Phase 2 that come with the uniforms if you want those.
Another for the guns, and another for the voice.

If you have WOTC then there's some shit you have to get as well to make the uniform's textures work but they're in the comments of those mods. Or i can dig em up if you need.

>MFW Jedi general Nounverber is defending the forward medical station almost single handedly.
>Commanding our arty, get a crappy message that get's through the CIS.
>Obviously can't be the chancellor, as he would never look like a goblin with 5th degree burns on his face.
>MFW when told to kill General Nounverber.
>MFW told before hand that the driods got their hands on a couple of our codes and orders and might use them.
>MFW we accidentally disregard order 66 because of a communication error.

Nah, I think I can find what I need when I get to my computer. Plus we hit the data limit at my house the other day, so it's gonna be a week or so until I can download it anyway

oh nice, that mod only had the phase 2 armor when I checked

>Clone Troopers, Imperial Guard, ODSTs, gopniks, and Solid Snake teaming up to fight ayys
Goddamn, I love the XCOM 2 modding community.

I want to run a Star Wars game, what would Veeky Forums recommend? I'm kind of torn between FFG and WEG REUP. I've heard mixed things about FFG's dice system, but I'm worried that WEG REUP is a bit too crunchy. Should I get the Force Awakens box set (everything else is sold out nearby) and see how I like it from there? It's only like $20.

I currently DM GURPS, so I'm capable of huge levels of autism, but my players need something fairly simple and exciting, which FFG and D6 both look like.

SS was actually military very competent. Unusual for a ideological unit but there are exceptions I suppose.

Death Troopers versus a disgrunted Dark Trooper pilot who wound up defecting to the Rebellion after Palpatine shut down the project and tried to have him purged when

Dark Trooper having to team with the surviving Death Troopers versus a horde of actual zombie Death Troopers when