Flames of War and Team Yankee

guys, you let it die.
you let the thread die.

*sadness*

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7K0pZ9tGi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cheers Phil.

If this is what keeps happening then perhaps it's time we call this general quits then, at least until another big release. In the mean time we can roll into /hwg/ or just scatter to the wind.

I guess this can be the last thread.

I think it would help if we were actively playing/collecting for flames or Team Yankee. It’s really hard to get a game of FOW at my FLGS. TY is doable, but the meta is all milans or T-55s/BMP-2s.

>found the Imperial Commisar

youtube.com/watch?v=T7K0pZ9tGi4

I'm between efforts at the moment. I did a national-level tourney in late Oct, and we have a small (8-man) local event coming up, but for the moment between work and everything else I'm pretty tired.

So I've been building my ship. I'm building a 1:350 Prinz Eugen to support a "Panzer Brigades on the Eastern Front" list. I know it's an objectively terribly list, but it's the only time I'm going to get to bring a ship model to a FoW game.

Pic related: I've almost finished the forward superstructure build.

> left to right, top to bottom
What the fuck is this panel order?

Awesome. Seems like a nice fluffy list. Sucks that the core options for the Panzerkompanie are Panthers and Panthers only.

folk year!

I actually felt like the Panzer option was so weak that I am leaning toward the Panzergrens instead.

Yeah TR-85 were trash until an army of western companies came in to fix it. It is an interesting piece of kit, that would be fun to play, except for the lack of any advanced armour.
Romanian defense industries simply could not into mechanized warfare.

That said, interesting that America couldn't get West German technology from the 1970s nor Soviet technology from the 1960s to work. (YORK)

Cheers

Ooh shots fired!

Yeah that looks much stronger. The main liability is your infantry core being trained. I think you have a decent amount of artillery to counteract enemy artillery. Focus on the bigger guns first, your halftracks should help protect the infantry against light mortars.

Does my list have potential?

And yes I know the Spigots are sub-optimal, I'm running them because I don't like to be that "100% powergame" guy.

No.

It happens. We’re a relatively small community, and we can’t all be online all the time.

We don’t always have to go to 300+ on every thread.

Especially if there isn’t something pressing to talk about.

>And yes I know the Spigots are sub-optimal, I'm running them because I don't like to be that "100% powergame" guy.

With 53 fucking T-55s, you kinda already are...

It’s more that they tried to MacGyver existing technologies they already had from other sources into a new vehicle to do something they were only partially designed to do in the first place.

They tried to go “off the shelf”, but the technologies they were trying to make work for the York, weren’t designed to be used the way the York was going to be using them.

The way comics work in most of the western world?

Has anybody taken advantage of any of the Black Friday deals that were going on this weekend?

I picked up some German stuff from PSC myself.

Dipped into the christmas funds for it, so I won't get it for a month, but I got 9x Universal Carriers, 6x Churchills, 4x 6 pdrs+Loyds, 4x 3" mortars, 4x 4.2" Mortars, and 4x HMGs. Just need to pick up a rifle company and I'm good to go.

Even so, they failed to produce something that already existed for a while, something "off the shelf" they could have used was the Gepard (just buy the turrets/systems from Germany and stick em on M48 hulls).

Even today they lack a search and track SPAA, they rely on Stingers and Patriots (but mostly the air force)

Well at least they are running them in groups of 5 where they cost ~1.2 points per tank. If he was going full MSU they’d only be 0.7 points per tank.

Volkspamee was a rush job padded with Red Thunder kits confirmed.

Okay, sure.

But 3-Tank MSU still only gets you 30ish T-55s.

Nowhere does it say that. It’s what you **want** it to say, but it’s not what was actually said.

It says that they knew the kits were used by both East Germans and Soviets, so they put them in both books.

With some stuff getting released alongside Volksarmee, and some getting released alongside Red Thunder.

>Volkspamee was a rush job
They explicitly stated before it even came out they were intending to just do a T-72M list but randomly expanded it to a full book at the last second. T-55s were resin because plastic has a significantly longer lead time.

Right... that’s why the T-55 was made in plastic and released along with the BTR-60 last December. And we got a really cool BRDM-2 kit with multiple options... Oh wait, none of that happened. The T-55 was rushed in resin while the BTR-60 didn’t actually come out until the summer. The BRDM-2 kits were in resin and broken up into 3 separate kits to make it seem like there was more content.

I mean, I know I have a shitty attitude. I’m struggling to find a similar situation in TY to compare it to. I am mainly pissed off because they are trying to pat themselves on the back for 2 anemic WarPac releases. In a way it sounds like they are trying to blame WarPac players. “Why can’t you be good little NPCs!”

Somebody is looking for excuses to be upset.

You’re forgetting that all their plastic production capability was focused on Mid-War at the time.

I think it’s fair to be upset that WarPac is treated like the red-headed step child. Imagine if Stripes or Iron Maiden was cut down to 2 plastic kits.

Honestly, considering the massive overlap in equipment, I’m actually quite happy with what we’ve gotten for the Warsaw Pact.

NATO has more variety because they literally had different equipment for each nation in the alliance.

The Warsaw Pact on the other hand standardized on Soviet designs for nearly everything, with only a few exceptions.

The problem PACT players have is that what they received in RT was an improved tank, a heavily downgraded troop transport, and a couple of extra support options (mostly slightly cheaper and worse than what was otherwise available).

The big release for RT was the T-64, Shturm and Gecko (a competitive tank, great ATGM support, and great SAM). No 'new' formations, since the new formations were carbon copies of old ones with equipment swapped around (which makes sense, but some actually new formations like a forward detachment or something is needed to give variety to "tank option" and "mech inf option").

I honestly think Soviets have the same, if not less options for list design now than they did just after Afghansty. I say potentially less because of the effect of milans and stout AA on tanks and Hinds respectively. How long has it been since the Afghansty booklet anyway?

So right now just the tip of the iceberg of Team Yankee forces has been seen. The best forces have been brought forth and we are now playing them. M1IPs, M1s, T-64s, Leopard 2s, Chieftains, T-72s, and of course all of the other neat things that each force has to offer!

So now we are looking at the rest of the story! NATO smaller nations, US, British, German second tier troops (NG, AR, reservist and of course any other forces those nations have!)and of Course the French! Then looking at the Warsaw Pact forces, The Polish, Czech and Russian "B" and "C" divisions. Lots of Tanks that will be coming out! AMX 30B2s, T-62s, M48A5s, M41s, Centurions, AMX 13s, M47s and all the other tanks that form those units! Along of course with all of the other vehicles that fill out those units!

And the Aircraft! Mig 21s, Mig 23s, SU-22s, F-16s, F-104s, Jaguars, Alpha Jets, and any other ones that were used in the ground attack mode! Along with the Helos! Oh My!

Before we know it, the leg infantry and towed artillery will be coming out! 105mm, 122mm, 152mm and 155mm guns. The Paratroopers will be coming out with all of their neat toys! The Marine forces with their neat toys! Regular leg Infantry and of course any special force types that would be out there.

And then expanding into Norway, Iceland, and Southern Europe battlefields! Lots of things to look forward to! Of course we will have to wait for them, but all good things come to those who wait! Molds will have to be made, books will have to be written and printed and shipped, Shops will have to carry items! Stuff will have to be bought and painted!

So this year we have a huge amount of things to look forward to! They will not all come in 2018 or even 2019 or even possibly in 2020! But, they will come! So we just have to wait!

Source?

wait, isn't this copy-pasta from last bread?

>The best forces have been brought forth
>No T-80's
>No Challie 1's
>No Russian ERA
>No Barrel fired ATGM's for the T-55's
>No m1a1's

Wew.

Since TY was announced I wanted to play East Germans and have collected and East German army. This is the list I run at 100pts, I wanted to have a balance of fun and competitiveness. Would you guys play against my list?

They chose to put it there, man. It could have waited or been more forward and used some of the British plastic space.

This just makes it even stupider it's not mostly plastic. We could've had a BRDM that made three units; instead it's all lovely spammable resin.

They confirmed that in the Christmas Iron Maiden FAQ last year.

Some guy on the forum trying to make a positive thread in a sea of NATO vs Warpac player arguing and CHEERS.

>Friend wants to get into team Yankee orders, Hammerfall and Bannon's Boys
>Another buddy want in, orders a box of chieftains.
>They know I usually play Soviets if it's an option
>Wanna play WarPac user?

I know what I'm in for; I've followed how TY has been developing, and I played Soviets for all of V3.

I ordered two sets of Yuri's Wolves and a box of Geckos anyways.

Both of my buddies are at least good enough people not to cover the countryside in milans, and I've got a bunch of PT-76s and T-55s I can ally in. Maybe I'll even finish painting everything in Glorious Arstotzkan Colours.

Just watch, now that I'm committed BF will release something I really want to play, like Czechs or Red China.

You can keep posting this on every forum you can find, but it doesn't make it true... All we've been promised next year so far is one book.

The game looks fucking stupid in 1:100 scale already with Cat A level equipment. I don't want to see tables with 300 T-34/85's piled on top of each other in the future.

It is.

Doesn't seem cheesy, so good to go in my eyes.

It's going to be a while before another non-NATO army gets a book. But you best give Glory to Arstotzka.

One NATO book, which is probably France + Commonwealth or France + minor western Europe (which primarily used equipment already released).

We will see hoards of T-34/85Ms b/c they are going to rerelease them for FoaN and won't miss a chance to throw some useless things in to 'tide over' PACT players. So we have that to look forward to, wont be coming for over a year, but they will come, so we just have to wait. I can hear the CHEERS now.

I played FoW a long time ago (6-7 years) and had a Finnish infantry army. Mostly jaegers, iirc. How do the boys in white and blue fare these days?

Still rock solid.

>hoards of T-34/85Ms

In Team Yankee? I’d rather not think about just how damn spammy they’d be.

My other concern would be if their cannon even be all that effective on a 1980s battlefield. I kinda doubt it.

Maybe, maybe, against some side armor values or really light vehicles. But I doubt T-34/85s would be going toe-to-toe with even the lighter MBTs of the era, like the Leopard 1 or the M60.

AT 12 could still pen a Leo 1 and the side armor of other MBTs. Imagine what they would do to BMPs. Against infantry, I’d rather have 2 FP 3+ shots than 1 FP 2+ shot, and that’s not even considering the shots/point ratio. They are pretty much autocannon proof, which is enough to be super annoying. I think overall they’d have a use.

that said, they’d be absolutely hellish spam on the table. The mountains of T-34s would induce eye bleeding and brain damage of catastrophic levels. Only the most sadistic of players actually want to see T-34s in Team Yankee.[/spoiler{

at ~14, enough to go front on to anything up to a light MBT.
Armour only a bit better than a BMP
1 point per tank

T-34/85s were produced in amazing quantities and massive reserves were kept by all warsaw pact nations. They were guaranteed to be used in any future conflict so will be included in the upcoming book for summer 2019.
Cheers.

>1 point per tank

Ouch.

I seriously hope they don’t.

well, a T-55AM2 is 2pts per, so it obviously has to be less. Either 1 point per, or some amount of tanks for some amount of points (ie 3 tanks for 2 points). Don't forget the spam discount, lets say 3 points off all units (min sized 4, giving 1 point for 4 tanks, 2 points for 5, etc)

Right, but that’s why I’m saying that I hope they don’t add in the T-34/85 to Team Yankee.

Even at 1 point each, that would be way too damn spammy, and it is something I seriously hope they do not do.

Because I have half a battalion of Shermans... damnit BF

Has there been any news on the PSC Leopard 1s?

I thought those were supposed to be released in November.

Did they fall behind schedule?

I’ll take the lack of response as a collective “I don’t know”.

Pretty much... looks like PSC has been having a bit of trouble pushing kits out as of late.

They had a decent run over the past 6 months or so though.

T-55s, M3 Starts, and Universal Carriers all came out recently.

StuG

>moldlines

Without a hint of irony or humor, I want to to kill yourself. This is coming from me one of the highly respected people on this general. You are also a nigger.

too many caps to be Bartosz

>why do generals die?
>let's all be arsemunchers

Seriously it's getting old. Yes, Bartosz said the Hard N word. Now get over it you assblasted fuckwitted cunt

Are people still upset over that? Or is it just a running joke at this point, like Eagles with “Fames of War”?

I thought the T-55s were released a bit earlier than that.

Hopefully they’re not too badly behind schedule.

I ordered them as basically a Christmas gift for myself.

Wait, the hard N word? What's a soft N?

I'm still waiting on them to release the SdKfz 250 Neue they promised an age ago. Aufklärungs when?

Nigga as opposed to Nigger.

Nigga

What's difference between Hard N and Soft N?

Good news! Looks like they are done and shipping as of today

haha! I was right!
Back in April I predicted that v4 would fracture an already small and segmented community. I am sad to see that FoW is dying.

I told Phil the problems I saw and their solutions but he didnt listen

My personal community had 12 people playing LW. Now, we have 6 people playing MW and TY. LW is down from 3 events to 1 event per year. People have cancelled orders.

BF would have made a lot of money if they didnt touch the rules. The V4 fiasco has probably cost them a million bucks.

Congratulations, you cheersed yourself.

I’m not sure if they are going to see that million dollar loss, since TY has basically been a money printer for Battlefront. They are going to bring in some big sales with Stripes and Allied formations. At least at my FLGS, people will preorder the entire army wholesale... I’ve seen nothing else like it.

I think TY has at least a year of legs left. That should be enough time to get the French and other minor NATO out. Then I see them doing the modern time, rather than add any more depth to WarPac. It doesn’t matter If there are half as many WarPac players if they have to buy twice as many miniatures. Why release units that would be niche support or expensive point wise when you can up the timeline so the T-80 is now a spam tank and BMP-3s are now an option.

>TY
>playing as WARPACT
>fun

yeah, no

I enjoy it.

There’s a certain joy in seeing that “Oh, Shit!” look on your opponent’s face when you massively out number them.

My community has stayed stable.

It hasn’t grown, but we haven’t lost anybody either.

Although some clear preferences are developing for wether people would rather play TY or FoW, even if almost all of us do play both.

A hard nigger will try to rape something.

I like it because it indulges my miniature building addiction.

>56633858 again. Would this list be too much to take against Bannon's Boys at 56 pts?

T-64 Battalion

T-64 HQ x 1 6pts

T-64 Company
T-64 x 3 13pts

T-64 Company
T-64 x 3 13pts

BMP 2 Recon Platoon
BMP 2 x 4 6pts

Gecko SAM Platoon
SA-8 x 2 4pts

NVA Allied Formation

T-55 Battalion

T-55 HQ x 1 1pt

T-55 Company
T-55 x 5 6pts

T-55 Company
T-55 x 5 6pts

Looks good to me. What is your opponent running? Bannon's Boys isn't up to 56 pts I think.

M1 HQ x 1 8pts

M1 Platoon
M1 x 2 16pts

M1 Platoon
M1 x 2 16pts

AH-1 Platoon
AH-1 x 4 14pts

As of 11 hours ago, they are released.

>text says a1/a3
>box says a3/4
Not that I'd know the difference.

It makes both.

Honestly, I think you’ll massively overwhelm him.

This is almost laughably inadequate compared to what you’re bringing.

Ah . Wonderful.

I don’t think that had been posted on their Facebook page yet when I had asked.

Yeah, problem is I've got 2 yuri's wolves and box of SAMs and a collection of T-55s (both PSC and old BF models) to work with. My friend has even less tow work with - Bannon's, Hammerfall, and a box of cobras.

I don't want to overwhelm him and destroy his enthusiasm, but at eh same time there's not much I can do aside from tank horde.

Get your friend to build and paint at least some of his force before you play.

Sunk cost fallacy could really work in your favour here.

The facebook post was at 06:00 today, your post was at 16:00 yesterday, so 14 hours before it.

The boxy turret is the a3/a4. a1 must have been a mistake, the a1 turret is curved. The a5 is the a1/a2 curved turret with extra armour bolted on.

Ah thanks for clearing that up.
I wish it made the a5 since I think that's what denmark and norway bought.

I mean, on paper at least it *should* be balanced.

That is the whole point of a points system after all, but you’re looking at double or triple his numbers, and you have AA to knock down is helos.

I’d say give it a shot, but I think his 5 M1s are gonna get in trouble pretty quickly.

Maybe they can play a game with dawn/dusk rules to give his NATO friend a better chance?

Cheers Phil.

Or play a better game like Battlegroup NORTHAG?

A) it isn’t out yet
B) this is a Flames of War and Team Yankee discussion thread. Go push your 3rd party ruleset with zero players somewhere else

Salty little cuck cuck are we huh? Take yourself and your soy out of here and let the men talk sweetheart.