MTG Drama

So it started last year (or at least surfaced last year) with all the political drama and WotC opening their political views into their games and community. This instantly started to create a divide. The center of this drama seems to be Unsleeved Media (formerly MTGHQ). This doesn't mean that he's a bad person (I dont know him personally), he just seems to stir the pot. Hes at in at it with wedge at The Mana Source and The professor at Tolarian Community College who both recently tweeted that they will no longer be silent about Unsleeved Media's harassment and bullying. Not sure if there is any actual harassment or the two are trying to appeal to WotC who has blacklisted Jeremy from Unsleeved Media for a tweet (that to me didn't seem at all that bad). Every major MTG Youtuber seems to be joining in on the drama with the exceptions of Rudy at Alpha Investments and Seth from MTG goldfish. Jeremy offered an olive branch to wedge and the professor who denied the offering claiming "it's one of his tactics he uses to claim the victim." I've listened to some neutral coverage from MTGLION but didnt really make me feel any more informed on the situation. All i know is that these two youtubers accuse jeremy of playing the victim but ive seem them both upload vids to talk about personal problems in their lives. So what is everybody's perspective on this issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSxd49zAnvA
venturebeat.com/2017/01/28/superdata-hearthstone-trumps-all-comers-in-card-market-that-will-hit-1-4-billion-in-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=qrR5Jes1eYI
youtube.com/watch?v=tbCBrtear50
youtube.com/watch?v=P6FISyldG7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mods are just going to delete these threads, not worth talking about it. Go to reddit to post

Fuck off, keep your reddit tier eceleb drama away.

I hope you get to watch your pets die horribly and your parents get raped by a bunch of wild animales.

This is just getting moved to /pol/ or flatout deleted. MTG is no longer Veeky Forums related, it is now /pol/ related

Day two...
Can I just hijack one of these threads and point out we now have an un-multiverse with probably an un -ravnica, and un-mirrodin and an un-dominara...
The major question is, is they're an un-gatewatch?

bump

Nope. There are cards that are from real multiverse and cards from un-multiverse in the set like that actor from ravnica.
Source: maro's blog

Aaahh... is a bizzaro gate watch to ,such to ask?

Fuck reddit there are other Imageboards.

It's artificial drama and it's not Veeky Forums

No, I'm not kidding. This is a /pol/ thread. Go to /pol/.

Finally, we can have stealth Veeky Forums threads on /pol/

The actor isn't anything unusual, see Thespian's stage

That's high school-tier drama

It's more /tv/

Fuck off, Wedge. Go learn how to groom a real beard.

The cardboard is so bad these days. Cards out of pack are warped. Plus the value is in freefall. I wish it was like the good old days of real magic the gathering.

Sorry bros I'm quiting.

>that thread

youtube.com/watch?v=zSxd49zAnvA

Rudy from Alpha investments talk about MTG dying at an alarming rate, faster than anyone imagined.

you know guys....if we get /pol/ on board we can get something good started.

He is a betamax crybaby that needs to grow a spine

Why are you false flagging? This isn't political it's about the state of MTG and it's impending death.

Finally back
Anyway it was nice to see how many different nations are here.

>falling for his baits

Rudy is only there for 3 things: make videos entertaining people who invest in magic, mock losers who are abused by the market and try to manipulate retards into making him get money faster.

>sales are down, MTG is dying
How does this help him?

Revenue was down for MTG in the last reported quarter. FACCT

>sales are down, MTG is dying
>go sell your cards now to cut your losses guys, I'm sure nobody will take advantage to score some cheap singles

Last one was moved to /pol/ and just died after hitting bump limit, actually.

Hi /pol/, you can blame Veeky Forums's mods if this gets moved there again for no reason.

tarmogoyf $200 - $70
digital eating into market
jund from 2k to under 1k

I hope we move to /pol/ again.

>impending death

Nobody of relevance cares

I have had my own Cards since 1995, have seen the game rise and fall in popularity and the players come and go.

Magic isn't dying and the cries of some neckbeard autists are of no relevance for the game.
If a faggot or a nigger on some Cards triggers you enough to get pissed at the game, do, by all means, just leave it. I'm playing the game for the mechanics.

maybe wotc managed to make some of their shills a mod
You can't trust Hiroyuki

Okay, you might be right. My projections are probably too fast. It might take a few more years past them to hit Zero. We both agree now.

Still a great time to get out and go digital offering for the fix.

I don't think Christine pussy is still tight

>eternal formats being more affordable
>bad for the games lifespan

AHAHAHAHAH

>mechanics
>megamorph

You have a good point. You can hedge, avoiding draft/limited/standard and get into a cheap modern deck while reinvesting the savings in digital offerings from good companies.

>Not selling mtg fakes as reals to take advantage of the situation
loser

/pol/ is always right, maybe we should do it

Remember when magic was about having fun? Collecting? Trading? The good times.

Man it's sad what has happened. I just want to play a fun game again and unfortunately magic isn't delivering with weak basic standard.

>single example out of literally hundreds by now
>having any relevance for the wider picture

Wow, lowIQ must be a pain.
There have been always better and shittier mechanics in the game. Which you would knew if you weren't such a newkanker.
Compared to "Bands with other *" and "Phasing", the derpyness of megamorph isn't even on the "relevant" scale.

i wonder who this could be

A great 1 mana Goyf removal card got printed, he lost around 40-70$ of his value since Push's spoiler.
Hearthstone has been around for a while already and it's not showing signs of getting as much growth as it did back when it had its popularity boom. Nearly everything else digital barel makes a dent on MtG.
Jund's good cards got banned, making it's non banned cards cheaper.

Not to mention, for 1 and 3, some reprints happened after all, for cards with reducded demand. Snapcaster and Liliana from MM17 are pretty stable compared to Goyf.

*tips fedora

>want to fix what's wrong with the game
>kill the game instead
Truly the /pol/ approach to things. Hitler also tried to fix Germany back then and ended up killing huge parts of the population instead and nearly destroyed the country by pissing everyone else off.

>tfw to intelligent
So are you looking foward to the 3rd season of Rick and Morty written by women

>ugly AND black at the same time (unsure which the poster considers worse)
>a gay person is on a card
There are dozens if not hundreds of reasons built up by WOTC over the past 25 years to be unhappy with the game and this is their best try at it holy shit.

venturebeat.com/2017/01/28/superdata-hearthstone-trumps-all-comers-in-card-market-that-will-hit-1-4-billion-in-2017/

After that was Magic: The Gathering Online, which is only available for PC, at No. 5 with $20.6 million.

MTGO is currently 20 million dollars revenue out of the 1.2 billion dollar digital card market. Wow.

With magic on the decline in cardboard quality and sales it's doomed.

>having to resort to maymaying after your "arguements" get called out for being Dumdum

Nice way of frogflagging.

And of course you're not profiting from doom-mongering, oh no. You're just spreading the news out of the goodness of your heart.

Does MTG profit off gambling for kids and high card prices?

>implying digital shittery is a valid alternative for RL gaming.

Also:
>spending actual money on digital Cards

wew lad
If you want to Play online, use MWS, OCTGN or whatever free stuff is around.

Yes?

>
youtube.com/watch?v=qrR5Jes1eYI

They will ban him tomorrow and everyone will be happy. Especially him, because angry kekistani would flock to his channel and patreon in thousands. Jeremy is a worse attention-hungry, and greedy whore than that cosplayer, and that's saying something.

In an eternal format that was intended to be more affordable and not focused on the collectors that's a good thing user.

pretty much, a lot of big personalities are already preparing their videos on the banning.

Haha, oh wow.
This is so sad.

Might be something for the smelly fatsos who are unable to shower once a week.

This
Fucking mtgfinance shills

That sounds needlessly complicated and too slow.

>prototype alpha gen vr game on shoestring budget

I'm not even mocking the animations or anything, I'm just saying that doesn't offer anything over playing Hearthstone, Gwent or whatever.

Eternal players don't give WotC any money

Except the VR aspect and having to prototype the UI for such a thing. Being able to "throw" a card into play or use gesture UI is a pretty nice start.

This is true. They need their standard and limited formats to not suck in order to make money.

Remember to be on the lookout for psyops whenever reading anything sensational about MtG.

Provocative language such as 'MtG is overrun by SJWs,' 'MtG is dying,' 'MtG has lost 40% of its playerbase' and so on is designed to convince you to sell, sell, sell.

Yeah, but why would you want to play that? The benefits of digital card games are them being quick and convenient to play while tabletop ones can afford to be more complex and have a social aspect. I don't think anything for VR is relevant besides maybe finally simulating the YGO anime, but that does seem like some novelty that would wear down fast.

Eternal Players rarely play solemly eternal.
And nontheless, they keep the community big and thats pretty damn important in regards to mouth-to-mouth advertisment and having an active gaming Scene.
On top of that, Eternalfags are prime candidates for buying EDH-Stuff and considering we are getting those sets annualy, they can't be selling to bad.

This, Christine got tired of baby-sitting fat aspies for an IP that doesn't give any money to the people they claim to support and is going for greener pastures.
Justin knows he can't make comedy, whore himself or produce actual good gameplay so his only chance to monetize MtG streaming/youtubing is fucking with people until he gets banned and becomes a lightning rod for /pol/ neetbucks.

Neither is being hurt at all by this, reddit is just being retarded like always.

>Remember to be on the lookout for psyops whenever reading anything sensational about MtG.
>Provocative language such as 'MtG is overrun by SJWs,' 'MtG is dying,' 'MtG has lost 40% of its playerbase' and so on is designed to convince you to sell, sell, sell.

This is a psyop to convince you to hold onto a bad investment.

Transwomen are the future

Nice try.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbCBrtear50

RIP Seiben/Aether Hub.
Why is Wedge such a huge fucking faggot anyway? This dude at least made some pretty decent quality lore summaries.

>Being butthurt about an ugly woman in a card that is not even tournament legal
Are you pmsing user?

I love this
I hate this

>ugly woman
or cute boi, tough I think it canonically is a woman

Do you love this

The irony is that Maro specifically stated it's supposed to be female, yet fails to look female but is instead androgynous.
Their reasoning for making it a woman even was that a third of players roughly are female so this just looking like some trans, non-binary whatever discredits all those women in a way.

>ELVES
GET OUT
*angry dwarf noises*

>No hot guys in jockstraps
>No women with strapons
Nothing to love in that photo.

It sickens me how they bring little kids with them to their degeneracy parades.

What is that green thing to the right?
Nissa with a fruit basket on her head?

>loves diversity
>almost all of them are overweight

No, I have a wife and kid, Nothing about that is ok

>What is that green thing to the right?

Maybe just a generic "forest nymph" that artist girls (fat) like to dress up like.

I've been to 1st May parades as a kid (back when we were part of the old Union) and it's one of my fondest childhood memories. Left might not have much sense of statecraft, but they sure know how to make parades.

perhaps there is skinny ones, you just can't see them over the fat ones

Looks like mtg cosplay to me

the men don't look like men and the women don't look like women.

I've never met a MTG player like this my life, I'm convinced these things where paid to do this.

Gay Pride in Seattle is a real letdown. It's 90% fat white woman there so they can post pictures on facebook, and swarms of non binary gender queer whatever the fucks stinking the place up. Most of the actual gay folks I know don't even go anymore.

They are those are the guys that make MTG aren't they?

Jim is having a stream about it now

youtube.com/watch?v=P6FISyldG7c

>Heroes of the Storm

Sargon commented on a mtgheadquarters video about it
This is getting a tad /pol/itical for my taste

To be honest I dont mind spike being a girl and the 'NOPE' shirt is a nice touch but she shouldn't be a washing board.

Hi jim!

Gay shit happening in MTG WOW

>Dumb cunt gets told off after being an annoying dumb cunt
>Every negative T count eceleb in the MTG eceleb fish pond jump down the throat of the guy because he was rude to a person with a vagina
>Just every day events in nu-weimar west where hysteria springs from basic human interaction.