KOTOR2

>War hero loved by his people
>Only wanted independence for his people from the republic
>Siding with him is considered evil
Defend this.

He didn't choose the "wrong" path but he ignored the consequences of his choice. His actions can be considered noble and just though only in the eyes of his followers.

>he ignored the consequences of his choice
end result of Kotor 2:
- side with Talia: Onderon loses its identity
- side with Vaklu: Independant Onderon prospers

The reason for him being evil is Avellone being forced to include a morality system in the game because of Kotor 1.

Isn't this more of a /v/ question?
>But /v/ is cancer!
It is, but it's still a /v/ question.

>- side with Vaklu: Independant Onderon prospers
>Get sanction by the Republic and become easy picking for the Empire
heh...nuthin, personal, Avellone

>Star Wars and its setting aren't Veeky Forums related
I guess you should complain that on the elder scrolls thread as well.

>he doesn't play Heroclix and Star Wars Miniatures
Shamefur dispray
Better game than legion and imperial assault, desu.

>Star Wars and its setting aren't Veeky Forums related

Veeky Forums did not become the best board on this website by staying on topic Mr. Newfag.

He's a nationalist in a game that was released in 2004. Of course he's presented as a bad guy.

Dragon Age does it better.
Bhelen did nothing wrong.

>Being this Butthurt
>Not knowing Veeky Forums is the only board you'll ever need

>Better game than legion and imperial assault, desu.
Also fucking impossible to track down. Fuck, I've been using fucking LEGO for my SAGA games because there's literally nobody that does 28mm with the Star Wars license. Fuck you, Disney!

>easy pickings for an organization that don't exist for a thousand years and which *is* the republic anyway.

Wut

I didn't like how the game handled that at all, doesn't someone straight up call you a sith if you side with him, regardless if you were the most lightside guy ever beforehand?

Same reason why Kreia is such a grade A bitch: because the head writer didn't get star wars and pushed his fedora-tipper views on thegame

Man, I loved that character. Such a good actor. Daenerys looked horrible next to him, not that she needed help

its not considered evil its considered dark side

Same thing.

I loved playing a dwarf noble, siding at every possible step with harrowmont and then crowning bhelen at the last second.

>Kreia

You grasp that kreia was an antagonist, right? She's not supposed to be right, She's supposed to be wrong in interesting ways, and in that she's excellent. That 'crude matter' speech was amazing.

Don't get butthurt just because you're too much of a brainlet to be able to cope with a villain who tries to make a case.

Everyone who makes this argument forgets that Avellone wanted players to agree with her and in his own interviews admitted she was his mouthpiece to push his own views.

She's shit and so is KoToR 2.

Does Bhelen have any special dialogue in that case?

There are some things which are dark side but not evil, like love and passionate emotions more generally. Force users need to avoid them because the force is corrupting and will pull people who brush the dark side further in, but normal people who indulge in them aren't evil.

Like how bioshock's creators were libertarians and wanted to spread a libertarian message with their game, except for the fact that the setting was a complete shitholed filled with murderous drug addicted lunatics and monsters that was on the point of final collapse even before the PC arrived?

It doesn't matter what the author 'wanted', what matters is what's on the page or, in this case, the pixels.

I'm pretty sure he meant the Sith Triumvirate.

>Siding with him is considered evil
>Defend this.
He is literally being backed by the Sith.

>Love
>Passion
>Dark Side
Neither of them are inherently dark. Luke was pretty passionate - and no, he wasn't a fucking grey jedi, he was a human being. Vader was pretty poker faced too - he wasn't some kind of a berserker, who was always angry, all the time. Don't forget the Emperor.

That's incorrect. Some orders of Jedi disallowed *romantic* love not because IT derives from.the dark side, but because it distracts Jedi from their duties, and if family like that dies, they are often overcome by emotions that they can't control. Additionally, many aspects of being a Jedi require compassion, which requires emotional investment.

Jedi do not suppress their emotions, they are just supposed to prevent their emotions from controlling them.

>Neither of them are inherently dark. Luke was pretty passionate - and no, he wasn't a fucking grey jedi, he was a human being.
Like outright fell to the dark side for a while.

>Vader was pretty poker faced too - he wasn't some kind of a berserker, who was always angry, all the time. Don't forget the Emperor.
What of It? Passion is part of the dark side, but it isn't the whole of it.

tell that to the warcraft thread

that's a lie and we both know it

Worse.
Talking about it here makes /v/ remains cancer instead of improving thanks to a good thread.

>being this new

I've been here a decade now, tyvm.

I'm sure I've peaked a few years ago.